AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-25, 10:53   Link #81
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Disappointed in reused animations and sound effects? Funny how almost no one complained too bad about those issues in the original Resident evil games, but now that we got a re-newed system in the resident evil series now people are starting to make what in my opinion are petty complaints.
I think that people's expectations for this game were much too high, that is why I think that so many people are disappointed in the outcome of it.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 18:28   Link #82
khouram

cant wait for res 5 its gona be good but i hate the idea of co-op though.
Old 2008-07-25, 18:31   Link #83
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Really? I loved online. I use to play the outbreaks all the time. Why would you hate it? If you don't want to play co-op just ignore it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-25, 23:10   Link #84
Monkey D. Luffy

Co-op will be good considering the new gameplay that was introduced in Resident Evil 4 and now Resident Evil 5 will excel, especially with the massive crowds that you will be encountering. I personally have high expectations for this game and have it in the top of my most anticipated games to be released.

As for the race issue whenever you deal with something as sensitive as race there is bound to be contrasting thoughts and opinions whether good or bad. I was also reading the newest Game Informer magazine and I'm sure the was a screenshot of Chris being attacked by what appeared to be a white zombie.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 00:23   Link #85
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, Capcom added in white monsters. O well. White zombies, Black partner, lol.
Old 2008-07-29, 16:39   Link #86
randomuser83

LOL its all good as long as they dont say offensive language.
randomuser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 16:52   Link #87
TigerII
Pilot in Training

"Another cracka down."

"You loose honkey..."

Okay I will quit now.
Old 2008-07-29, 17:46   Link #88
Karlaxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amray View Post
I want this game a lot! T'is still not out here yet though.
It does look a lot like "Resident Evil 4" but I shan't complain, as I loved that game. This just looks as though the settings and environments are different from the previous game, and judging by some of the replys in this thread I assume that I am not too far off. Still though, it is one for the collection and I shall claim one anyway. It does look really decent and good to play so why not?
Well, RE4 was the most popular game so it's logical.

This is one of those games that makes me go WISH I HAD 360.
Karlaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 18:54   Link #89
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Is there a possiblity for 2-player co-op? I wouldn't mind a competent AI partner, but sometimes the most fun can only be had between friends.
Old 2008-07-29, 18:58   Link #90
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Capcom confirmed at E3 that RE5 at least on the 360 will have co-op.
Old 2008-08-01, 12:50   Link #91
Ghosteh

I gave up on the RE Series after I played RE4. I don't like this 'new' direction they've taken the game to.... action shooters are fun and all, but I love solving things and not knowing what to expect. RE4 lost that edge for me, and more than anything I found myself getting disappointed and annoyed because the village is supposed to be small, but it's like I'm fighting in the Clone Wars on Star Wars or something. It's never ending... I don't even get a chance for a bathroom break and here comes a bunch of clones again wielding axes.

I just hope RE5 at least holds some kind of suspence instead of throwing enemy after enemy after enemy at you. Also I hope they ditch the battle music...
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:19   Link #92
TigerII
Pilot in Training

^^^ have you not seen the trailers? Massive amounts of enemies one after anaother(Which I also dislike).

But suspense and horror are second class. Today's gamer wants a lot of action now with blood to go along. It is sad, but the slowed down suspenseful games are gone and done.
Old 2008-08-01, 15:43   Link #93
-HyugaNeji-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
^^^ have you not seen the trailers? Massive amounts of enemies one after anaother(Which I also dislike).

But suspense and horror are second class. Today's gamer wants a lot of action now with blood to go along. It is sad, but the slowed down suspenseful games are gone and done.
Yeah because the attention span of people has become so short..The youths today are widely suffering from ADD. That's at least my observation.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 15:49   Link #94
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

They want action they got it in RE5!
Old 2008-08-02, 02:01   Link #95
Banjou Haran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post

Yup, nowadays there is less and less variety in gaming. Mainly, fast shooters (fps or 3rd person shooter), sports and racing from US developers. And thus in the US there isn't as much variety as there used to be.

Even with Soul Calibur IV there aren't many fighter games for the current consoles here in the US. And, there certainly aren't many J-RPGs. In fact there's been a drought. Unless you consider the handhelds like PSP and DS. I wish they could bring over the Super Robot Portable A but I know that's not going to happen.

Oh, well at least for suspense horror there is Siren: Blood Curse.

I wish there truly was more innovation and new styles of games. Instead we keep getting similar games. And, a lot of games with grey and brown colours too.
Banjou Haran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 17:28   Link #96
Karlaxe

I'm sick of the people calling it racist, though. What do you want, make sure you shoot and kill a diverse group of ethnic zombies?
Karlaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 17:34   Link #97
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlaxe View Post
I'm sick of the people calling it racist, though. What do you want, make sure you shoot and kill a diverse group of ethnic zombies?
That is what the groups wanted, and that is what they got.
Old 2008-08-03, 12:57   Link #98
Ghosteh

I know RE5 is the first RE my bf's not even excited about and he's been a fan since the series came out. It's sad that Capcom's changed the series so much... to be like the movies.

I'm actually looking at getting into the Fatal Frame series for the scares.
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 13:50   Link #99
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Yeah, I post on another board with a lot of old school fans and they are all meh about 5 as well. But I am excited for closure. I want Capcom to end the old stories from the first games. I have been playing this series since 96 and the first Resident Evil.

I mean MGS was finished, now they should finish Resident Evil.
Old 2008-08-05, 16:07   Link #100
Azley
hate yourself with style~
*Graphic Designer

Damn - I So want to play RE 5! I loved 1 - 4 (but screw the Outbreak-files and dead Aim, Code veronica was O.K., as well as Zero and the remake of the first one...)
I'm so gonna buy it - have watched many trailer and it looks good to me (and yay - co-op \m/, )

Tags
horror, third person shooter