AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-07, 18:54   Link #21
mochichan

Love the manga and totally enjoyed the first ep
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 00:03   Link #22
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah it's good to see a sport anime...
Especially it comes from Weekly Shonen Jump...

I like the type of Kuroko's playstyle.
By himself, he is pretty useless, but when in team play, he is just as good as another player.

But still, he needs to learn about basic dribbling and lay up...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 00:33   Link #23
Kakkou
Tch.

CG basketball was unsurprising but the hoop as well? C'mon now.

Well, nothing about the adaptation surprised me. Hopefully IG will pull off some neat things with the matches later on. Though I think I've begun to dislike hearing comedic sound effects abused for virtually every single action done. It's kinda annoying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
On the other hand, I've had Hyadain's song stuck in my head for a few days so I obviously love it, but it's a shame it doesn't get more animation to go along with it, especially after you've more or less associated the guy with the Nichijou OPs...
Hyadain's song feels odd in a an anime that isn't full on comedic or absurd/wacky. It's likely the reason they stuffed in some silly scenes in the middle of the ED instead of having it be just serious basketball players posing & glaring. I was wishing they'd run with the song and just have fun with the ED sequence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
I also feel that this season is going to make Hosoya Yoshimasa shine yet again, his roles here and in Apollon will be a blast o/
Agreed 8D. It'll be fun to hear him when Junpei get's his moments in the spotlight.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 00:55   Link #24
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I loved the first episode! Kuroko's basically a super pass-oriented PG...one that can't shoot or dribble xD He definitely can control the flow of the game and rack up assists though! Can't wait for ep 2! In the meantime, I think I'm going to read the manga
Old 2012-04-08, 00:59   Link #25
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My lifelong quest to stir up interest in sports shounen continues, as I'm blogging this in both places. I thought the premiere was very good - I hope it develops at least a small following.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 01:19   Link #26
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I watched the first ep and it was quite good, I like the fact that basketball is actually the plot of the show with all the techical informations. I will follow this and see how it compare to Slamdunk.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:00   Link #27
Excorsism

The music is quite amazing. Been looking forward to this and they sure delivered!
Old 2012-04-08, 08:26   Link #28
ookamigirl

Kuroko is an interesting one, but I can see how his invisibility ability could come in really handy in the future games.
Kagami was really impressive though, but with a pretty short temper.
I really enjoyed their practice game!
Will be watching this.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:50   Link #29
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It will be difficult to watch this and not think of Slam Dunk, but this is made easier by the contrast personality of Sakuragi and Kuroko. Sakuragi is loud and big built, whereas Kuroko is deadpan and small.

Anyways, I really enjoy the first episode. I am interested in the basketball aspect, but I am equally invested in the friendship between Kuroko and Kagami. It will be interesting to watch how these two interact.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 09:05   Link #30
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. When it comes to Slam Dunk comparison, it's kinda hard to beat Ro-Kyu-Bu...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:52   Link #31
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

I haven't seen Slam Dunk, but this looks like a decent show. So Kuroko is some short Magic Johnson type with no presence. Uh huh... If Kagami was looking for competition, he should have stayed in the states.. I guess I should check out the manga, no?
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 19:29   Link #32
chaos_animagic

OMG... Kagami looked so much more awesomer than in the manga... (maybe it's due to color... LOL)

Gotta love Kuroko's "Blues" and his "deep voice LOL (here I thought he would have a much higher voice... since in the manga they drew him to be like super short...)

I so laughed at the "Strip" part in the beginning... knew that from the manga, but still... it's awesome and funny... she's got like "Terminator eyes" or one of those "Scouter" from DBZ (except it measures multiple parts, LOL)

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

LOL @ Ro-Kyu-Bu comparison (it's almost impossible to beat Loli Basketball... it's just too awesome...)
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 21:19   Link #33
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

This isnt to bad so one who dosnt have much of a presence wants to play basketball seems some thing to keep watching
Old 2012-04-09, 00:43   Link #34
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Watched the first ep, so it looks like Kuroko is like a Steve Nash with his passes, except he can't dribble or shoot. lolz.

Interesting enough.
SRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:34   Link #35
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
Watched the first ep, so it looks like Kuroko is like a Steve Nash with his passes, except he can't dribble or shoot. lolz.
Kuroko is Rajon Rondo then.
Old 2012-04-09, 03:07   Link #36
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan poor View Post
If Kagami was looking for competition, he should have stayed in the states..
Not really his choice, since he's just become a high school student and presumably lives with his parents. Plus, this being an anime, he'll find that the best high school basket players are in Japan. Just look at Prince of Tennis and tennis.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:24   Link #37
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
this series reminds me of Dear Boys instead of Slam Dunk, is it just me? that Kagami reminds me of Kagura from Aquarion Evol? complete with 'scent' thing? or is it the other way around? depending on when the manga was published?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:46   Link #38
larethian

Nice to see Kuroko's misdirection animated.
But seriously, he was just behind Kagami during the lineup and nobody saw him? And the way he submitted his registration without anyone knowing was gold.

And I have to say Anh_Minh is right. Given this is an anime/manga, the best players will be in Japan . There's Eyeshield too.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 03:46   Link #39
Clarste
Human

So I guess the point of this series is that Kuroko wants to prove that having talent (ie: being tall and muscular) isn't the most important part of Basketball? By sticking to someone with less talent than his old team and supporting him to victory?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 19:27   Link #40
kitten320

I'm confused... why exactly no one blocked Kuroko? Once they noticed him, it shouldn't be hard to keep an eye on him.

Tags
comedy, shounen