AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 13:55   Link #9921
KnowThatFeel

Question Futuristic Race, Short anime episode or film

About ten years ago, I saw this short anime film about a future race where the protagonist uses his mind to destroy the other racers...

Story:
This is a short anime film (~10 minutes), but it could’ve been a series (doubt it).

This guy is racing in some futuristic race arena that twists and turns throughout the city (F-Zero-esque, but after viewing a few episodes of that, I didn't see the answer there).

The protagonist is under a lot of pressure as he races, and there's memorable zoom-ups of his face. He's concentrating, and straining, and then one of the racers' car goes off-track--as if by accident. Throughout the short film, as someone passes him (or as he’s trying to pass someone), the violence escalates—eventually, he’s blowing up their cars and/or bodies with his mind.

At the end, he's 'won', but he's killed all the other racers. I think he self-destructs in the end too--screaming in fury as he zooms past the finish line.

Style:
It looked a bit 80ish, but I don't think it was that old. It's definitely not all CGI and that jazz. (Seemed) hand-drawn and dark...

Time:
Last seent 10 years ago...

ThatFeel:
It still sticks. Hopefully, someone knows what this short film/series(?) was called. The feeling of intensity then emptiness (in a good way) still stuns me--after recalling the ending of that film.

For some reason Animatrix comes to mind, but after scanning it, I didn't see it. It might be some F-Zero episode… but the main character self-destructs and the others racers all die… and he didn’t look at all like Captain Falcon… and the ending was abrupt.

It didn't seem to be the kind of film/series that had a cast of regular characters because in the end there was no group saying, "oh gee, that's terrible." The protagonist dies, film ends.

(edit: And yes, I searched the fora here and the internets, but to no avail).

Good luck!

Last edited by KnowThatFeel; 2012-11-10 at 14:05.
KnowThatFeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 03:12   Link #9922
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
the show is bout this girl who has brother complex but she is not his real brother in manga series he live in apartment complex with couple other girls who got weird personality

any ideas on title
Old 2012-11-11, 06:07   Link #9923
Nikkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdeath View Post
the show is bout this girl who has brother complex but she is not his real brother in manga series he live in apartment complex with couple other girls who got weird personality

any ideas on title
Sounds like every harem anime/manga ever made.

Looking for the title of this show
Spoiler for size:
Nikkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 06:18   Link #9924
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkan View Post
Sounds like every harem anime/manga ever made.

Looking for the title of this show
Spoiler for size:
SPEC ~ First Blood

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 07:09   Link #9925
Revan21

Quote:
Only the currently airing Onii-chan Dakedo Ai Sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne comes to mind.
In this one they really are siblings but everything else fits, including the brother complex
Old 2012-11-11, 10:30   Link #9926
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:

any ideas on title
Aside from OniAi as Revan21 pointed out, Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki Janain Dakara ne!! is something you're looking for.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 16:53   Link #9927
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnowThatFeel View Post
About ten years ago, I saw this short anime film about a future race where the protagonist uses his mind to destroy the other racers...

Story:
This is a short anime film (~10 minutes), but it could’ve been a series (doubt it).

This guy is racing in some futuristic race arena that twists and turns throughout the city (F-Zero-esque, but after viewing a few episodes of that, I didn't see the answer there).

The protagonist is under a lot of pressure as he races, and there's memorable zoom-ups of his face. He's concentrating, and straining, and then one of the racers' car goes off-track--as if by accident. Throughout the short film, as someone passes him (or as he’s trying to pass someone), the violence escalates—eventually, he’s blowing up their cars and/or bodies with his mind.

At the end, he's 'won', but he's killed all the other racers. I think he self-destructs in the end too--screaming in fury as he zooms past the finish line.

Style:
It looked a bit 80ish, but I don't think it was that old. It's definitely not all CGI and that jazz. (Seemed) hand-drawn and dark...

Time:
Last seent 10 years ago...

ThatFeel:
It still sticks. Hopefully, someone knows what this short film/series(?) was called. The feeling of intensity then emptiness (in a good way) still stuns me--after recalling the ending of that film.

For some reason Animatrix comes to mind, but after scanning it, I didn't see it. It might be some F-Zero episode… but the main character self-destructs and the others racers all die… and he didn’t look at all like Captain Falcon… and the ending was abrupt.

It didn't seem to be the kind of film/series that had a cast of regular characters because in the end there was no group saying, "oh gee, that's terrible." The protagonist dies, film ends.

(edit: And yes, I searched the fora here and the internets, but to no avail).

Good luck!
That is the Running Man segment from the anthology film Neo Tokyo. That segment is probably best known for appearing on the MTV series Liquid Television.
Old 2012-11-12, 00:49   Link #9928
Eloquence

Which anime is this gif from?

thanks
Eloquence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 00:57   Link #9929
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquence View Post
Which anime is this gif from?

thanks
Yayoi from The Idolm@sters!
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 02:05   Link #9930
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

http://oi55.tinypic.com/9pyn0m.jpg
Old 2012-11-12, 02:09   Link #9931
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Makoto Nanaya from the Blazblue fighting game series.
Old 2012-11-13, 11:05   Link #9932
Penpa

This manga I am trying to remember start with part the boy is in class and looks out the windows to see a girl standing in the tree but when he looks again she is gone. But when he leaves the school gets attacked and he grabs a newspaper and rolls it into a staff and blocks the attacker. I have picture of the scene but don't recall what manga that was from?

Oh yeah and on his command she turns into a sword as well that he uses to fight with.

Ok:

Found the manga after searching my archives....its called: Shiki Tsukai.....

Last edited by Penpa; 2012-11-18 at 19:32. Reason: Found it....
Penpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 06:53   Link #9933
unwill

What mecha SD samurai anime is this?

I watched a anime in the early 90s , and after searching the whole internett, I finanly found a photo of the anime. The problem is, I can't read japanese, can anyone tell me which anime this is ?

upload

upload pics
unwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 07:02   Link #9934
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

It's from Musashi, The Samurai Lord or Karakuri Kengou Den Musashi
Old 2012-11-18, 03:25   Link #9935
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Who are these guys? I know one of them is Natsu

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ic215562_2.gif
Old 2012-11-18, 05:50   Link #9936
Vane
Hyouka

Send a message via MSN to Vane
^
Ichigo (Bleach), Tsunayoshi (Reborn), Rin (Ao no Exorcist), Naruto, Goku (DB), Luffy (One Piece), Natsu, Gintoki (Gintama) and Gon (HunterxHunter)
Old 2012-11-19, 20:21   Link #9937
lilfrizz415

Anybody know where this anime picture is from?

Just finished watching K-on and want to watch this anime, but don't know the title.

Thanks

Also is this one anime or are the girls from different anime's?

sorry last one
lilfrizz415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 20:23   Link #9938
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Black rock shooter (OVA)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 20:26   Link #9939
lilfrizz415

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Black rock shooter (OVA)
thanks. Very much appreciated.
lilfrizz415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 21:17   Link #9940
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
@2nd Pic.

Different anime. From left to right:Heaven's Lost Property (Nymph), The World God Only Knows (Haqua du Lot Herminium), Dog Days (Yukikaze Panettone), Infinite Stratos(Ling Yin Huang), Puella Magi Madoka Magica(Homura Akemi), Shakugan no Shana (Shana), Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai(Ruri Gokou).

@3rd Pic.

Seitokai Yakuindomo (Shino Amakusa)

Edit: Adding in character names because it makes me feel good.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2012-11-19 at 21:31.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel