AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-06, 20:33   Link #241
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Oh god...

Be careful... I got a bad feeling a certain "Tron" is lurking around this thread right now...

So I think we have found the reason for a possible WWIII...

I think I am one of the "80% of the people here"
I've created a full-sized screenshot now

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wearing pantsu is so out of style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
I wonder I read the 20 scanlated chapters. And frankly material there seems to be easily squeezed into 5-10 eps. The last girl form op also gets *properly* introduced at the end of chapter 20 which just premises her joining the *club*, so really I wonder how will they work it out. Unless the op is all just mumbo jumbo reffering to novel and wont have any real connection to story presented in anime.
I didn't read it, but the series is running for three months now, so there's still enough time for new stuff to come out, should they need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
You can't get any more real than this
Is that from the OP or from the ED?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Did he even know the anime at all?

Not really, capturing that requires you to manually select the speed of your video to slower speed. Or precision screenshot, though this one will need a very good precision level, not for Normals like me.

Will that logic even work here?
Or you simply use Aegisub, where you can watch a scene frame-wise
That's how I made the screenshot above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I said "school day". Or do the poor Japanese go to school seven days a week?
It's quite possible that she also got confessions on the weekends. She doesn't disappear into thin air outside of school, and since she's *that* popular, the boys would probably go to great lengths to track her down outside of school, just to confess to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
The MC should of refused her blackmail.

He is only going though school to get good results not friends so I was kinda supprised he agreed because of her threat to expose his old note book.

A good way to put a stop to this would be to publicly dump her since she publicly confessed to him.
You don't understand at all how important that notebook is.
Even if only a part of it would get published, he would totally lose his face, a fate worse than death.
He's got no choice but to agree with the deal, and play his role well.
Old 2013-01-06, 20:42   Link #242
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
It's quite possible that she also got confessions on the weekends. She doesn't disappear into thin air outside of school, and since she's *that* popular, the boys would probably go to great lengths to track her down outside of school, just to confess to her.
They sound a lot more like stalkers it they do things like that.
Old 2013-01-06, 20:48   Link #243
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Well, the show is trying to give every girl her time in the sun, but there's a clear main couple, and that's Eita/Masuzu, and their very gradual development from their initial "love is a disgusting disease" fake-pairing to a genuine romance. That's what it's all about in the end.
Wha~~?! You mean they gave me an Ai-chan spin off manga (not for any other girls!!!) just to tease me?!?!?! She has the best catch phrase too!! /rage

Joke aside, is this "main pairing" business really something the author stated from the afterwords or something fan speculated? Because this is totally different from what my friend told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
This is certainly the brightest anime I've ever watched. Feel like I need sunglasses for episode 2.

Does it ever stop trying to be a poor man's Bakemonogatari and do its own thing instead?
When Bakemonogatari stop being a poor man's Zaregoto then sure! (Hint: the two have barely anything in common). Even though the author's a gianormous Saitou Chiwa fan I very much doubt the story has comparable plot to warrant such statement. The color palette choice's somewhat homage to the novel illustration (or so they say~); it didn't bug me that much when I watched the episode on TV, but was slightly bright when I watch the LQ version on my laptop, so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
High quality stuff. Yes, just another harem show, full of cliches, but the look and the writing and the voices were all excellent.
Full of cliches = great potential!! I give people who work with cliches and turn them interesting equal credit as people with original concepts (both require great intellectual creativity). Also speaking of seiyuus ...

Wasa wasa~~~

Finally, I like all the girls equally still. I guess I'm more sold on this shuraba than most people .
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:03   Link #244
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Is that from the OP or from the ED?
OP, ~01:52 mark.

NSFW
Meanwhile @01:01 mark
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 21:06   Link #245
Used Can

Quote:
Most definitely she does wear them.

Guys, get real. The last thing she wants is even more attention.
It's probably a fetish. She doesn't want the attention, but she probably finds the contradiction of not wanting (unwanted) attention and doing something so controversial as not wearing underwear to be thrilling. That, or she simply likes going commando.
In the manga it's made to look as if she really isn't wearing any, not even a T-string.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
He is only going though school to get good results not friends so I was kinda supprised he agreed because of her threat to expose his old note book.
Put things together. He's in high-school and Masuzu had something that was easily extremely embarrassing for him, and not only could she tell about it to people in high-school, she could even upload it over the Internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Joke aside, is this "main pairing" business really something the author stated from the afterwords or something fan speculated? Because this is totally different from what my friend told me.
I think it'd be better not to talk about these things in this thread, since further discussion could or would involve spoilers. If you want any of those, or if Mentar wants to pursue this discussion, I think you guys should go to the LN thread.
Old 2013-01-06, 21:47   Link #246
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

The beginning was slow-paced as expected, but when it settled around the mid-way point I actually enjoyed the episode. Of course, the real main part was with Eita and Masuzu but Chiwa's background antics were pretty amusing (she's such an adorable fool ) as well.

The characters have their main traits displayed pretty well in this episode, but of course, having prior knowledge of their characteristics did help me (I've read the manga and bits of the LN material). Definitely following this.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 22:26   Link #247
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kind of a weak opening but at less backmailing is the best why to go
Old 2013-01-06, 22:31   Link #248
Xaturas

@Insane
I know she did but I mean her joining *the club* rather than just showing up here and there as disciplinary comitee.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:09   Link #249
Rias

Last season we just had Chuunibyou, and this season we still have the real JOJO.

What a bad timing for this show.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:35   Link #250
Used Can

Quote:
Masuzu is going to turn the tables on him concerning the pantsu-wearing issue real soon
Could you make a post in the LN thread telling me when?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Last season we just had Chuunibyou, and this season we still have the real JOJO.

What a bad timing for this show.
Well, Oreshura is neither about Chuunis (even though it has one, and the MC got blackmailed because he used to be one), or shōnen battle (or whatever Jojo would be considered nowadays - mainly FABULOUS men, doing manly FABULOUS bizarre things?) though it does references Jojo here and there.

In fact, considering Chuunibyou was considerably popular and that Jojo is being seriously hyped, I'd say airing right now is a good thing for Oreshura, since it can capitalise on all that hype.
Old 2013-01-06, 23:47   Link #251
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They only have to walk home together. Or so she says. They don't have to eat lunch together, spend time together outside of school, or even talk to each other. Depending on where they live relative to each other, it may take no time or effort at all, he just has to let her grab his arm every afternoon.
She has his chuunibiyou diary. She can do whatever she pleases and all she has to do is read a passage from it aloud to embarrass Eita. She can drag him along whenever she needs him for something.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-07 at 02:06. Reason: removed spoiler
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 00:11   Link #252
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
though it does references Jojo here and there.
I got the one FABULOUS pose complete with text in the backround but were there any others?
Old 2013-01-07, 00:30   Link #253
Used Can

More will come in upcoming episodes, I suppose.

Though, when she took out Eita's chuuni diary in the manga, Masuzu did Joseph's pose in vol.8 of Jojo, instead of the odd one she did in the anime:

Spoiler for Comparison of the scene to the manga:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-07 at 01:52.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 01:53   Link #254
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to remind everyone that absolutely no hints or spoilers of any future material are allowed in this or any other anime thread, whether behind spoiler tags or not. If you want to ask any questions based on what happens in the manga or novels, please go to the appropriate other thread.

If you want to do any comparisons to the manga or novels, you *must* use properly labelled spoiler tags. If you just put a plain spoiler tag with no appropriately-descriptive label, you may also receive infractions or bans. Please read this post for more information.
Old 2013-01-07, 02:38   Link #255
larethian

First show I watched after coming back. The comedy rules, and it's all thanks to Masuzu. Oh, have I ever mentioned that Mauzu is a Ph.D in derogatory adjectives? So far, the adaptation has been satsifactory
And I wish people can learn to stop bashing characters in episode 1 till they get more of their back stories.
And I watched the 'special' which was kind of nice intro to the series production. Since someone has been kind enough to sub it, I recommend watching that too.

Regarding the main pairing discussion
I personally feel that the kareshi-kanojo pairing is what makes this series 'unique' as compared to other love comedies, and is also what makes this series worth following to me. So I consider the kareshi-kanojo to be the main pairing because of that, and for other reasons that I cannot say. But I concede that it can be subjective and misleading since it's not yet clear as to what kind of ending the author will pursue, so @Kunagisa, let's just take it as my 'personal' main pairing, and strictly speaking, it is speculative in nature.

Other than 'Shuraba', we are getting the next core theme, 'Ji-En-Otsu', next. I wonder how the official subs will sub this......

Last edited by larethian; 2013-01-07 at 03:20.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:02   Link #256
Westlo
Lets be reality

The first half was tedious to get through, though maybe it was because I've already read the first couple of manga chapters and already know what it was going to be. Also what takes 2 mins in manga form is a drag when you have to watch it for 10. But once it got to dat silver haired goddess Masuzu it was all good. I still think Chiwa would've been absolutely perfect but Yukarin did a fantastic job.

Also this episode just further proves that the NOPAN shot >>>>> pantsu shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I got the one FABULOUS pose complete with text in the backround but were there any others?
Nah just that pose for this episode, it does do a lot of Jojo references throughout though.

Last edited by Westlo; 2013-01-07 at 09:33.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 09:15   Link #257
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Also speaking of seiyuus ...

Wasa wasa~~~

Finally, I like all the girls equally still. I guess I'm more sold on this shuraba than most people .
That's genius! I wonder if there's a seiyuu joke involving Yukari Tamura... I mean, Yamada from B Gata H Kei doesn't wear panties in Ep. 5.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 10:09   Link #258
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
That's genius! I wonder if there's a seiyuu joke involving Yukari Tamura... I mean, Yamada from B Gata H Kei doesn't wear panties in Ep. 5.
The lion's share of Yukari Tamura seiyuu jokes are Nanoha-related (most of the ones I've seen/enjoyed have Nanoha cosplaying as other-Yukarin-character). I can't imagine it will be long before we see one in any form, though.

(I'd draw my comparison with Rika in this case, though.)
Old 2013-01-07, 12:19   Link #259
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There's a very entertaining TV special out with interviews with the seiyuus. And for once, it has been subbed. If you find it, make a point of watching it: all three main characters you've seen so far, along with characters played by Kayano Ai and Kanemoto Hisako. Just as pleasant to watch as the show itself. And a brief interview with A-1 Pictures' CEO. Kind of creepy, but you can see his ability.

Of course, just a minute with Kayano Ai is worth a half-hour show for me. Lovely in every way. "Healing." To say nothing of some nice time with Tamura Yukari.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 13:47   Link #260
kyouray
2D > 3D

Upcoming staff episodes :

... it's only the first episodes and they haven't decided anything yet excepted screenwriters and episode 6 is untitled
I expected some nice staff since the director Kanta Kamei has good connections (his friend Kazuto Nakazawa did some key animation for the 1st episode) but I hope the production isn't as messed-up as this staff list.

Tags
comedy, coming of age, harem, romance, school life, shounen