AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2008-12-03, 17:40   Link #801
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

From the way Mashima handles his defeated villains, they usually
Spoiler for RAVE:

This will probably happen to Luxus as well. I hope his reason to want to be strong is not the usual cliche of being weak in the past, and even if it is, I would like it to be powerful and emotional enough to justify his behavior. It's possible to see him as a sympathetic character if his story is told well.
Old 2008-12-03, 17:48   Link #802
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol Loki is PIMP!

looks alot better in the suit than the big jacket before

I love his line of Love, just made me grin for some reason. Its full of cheese but in a good way I guess

oh and ROFL at Erza, she got pwned!
Old 2008-12-03, 18:30   Link #803
Bath-Teth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol Loki is PIMP!

I love his line of Love, just made me grin for some reason. Its full of cheese but in a good way I guess

Somehow Erza reminded me a lot of Zoro from One piece in this chapter.
Bath-Teth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 18:31   Link #804
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

WTF does Luxus want? If the only ones he thinks worthy are himself and his stooges, why the hell doesn't he just start his own guild and have it done with?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 18:31   Link #805
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol Loki is PIMP!

she will spank Evergreen later for this
Old 2008-12-03, 20:46   Link #806
ellifeedn
Thinker

I want Loki to avenge Gray and I suppose the only way to fight spirits is with another spirit.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 22:57   Link #807
Slayerx

Let's see...
right now we got Bixlow vs Loki... Luxus talks about taking on mistgun and Ezra himself, and Fried taking on Kana and Lluvia... and then we have the destined battle of the two dragon slayers vs Luxus...

frankly, i think Loki vs Bixlow will end with a Loki win... Bixlow already scored enough points when he beat gray, so i'm expecting that Loki will not get beaten as well

thing is, i don't want to see mistgun loose his first fight... i want him to either win, or not fight at all... Ezra i can except loosing to Luxus, but also loosing to the dragon slayers and needing mistgun to finish the job? no, that's just too much right there... frankly with this chapter i think it's certain that Natsu and Gazzille will be the one's finishing the job

and then there is fried dealing with Kana and Lluvia... Kana, i would like to do well for he first fight, however if it means having Mistgun fight fried and win, i wouldn't mind seeing the two girls loose this time; especially since they are up against fried who is likely the strongest of the 3 stooges.

either that, or Mistgun does his usual support thing and take out the temple of thunder... like i said, he's either got to win his fight, or not fight at all imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
WTF does Luxus want? If the only ones he thinks worthy are himself and his stooges, why the hell doesn't he just start his own guild and have it done with?
two possibilities... one, it's a matter of pride; he's attached his name to fairy tail and wants to keep it that way... two, there are certain hoops and hurdles to go through in order to create a new legal guild that Luxus is not capable of passing (other than power, age, experience, and certain more honorable recognitions could be required by the guild creator) so the only way for him to become a guild master is through heritage or creating an illegal guild which doesn't seem to be within his own ideologies.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 23:01   Link #808
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
You know, we never considered one other possibility, mostly because it defies the Laws of shounen: what if Natsu and Gazille actually have no part in this fight at all?

It is possible for Luxus to be defeated by others, you know... especially if Mistgun gets involved

of course, that will be a case of "what, the fight's already over? dammit!" but it is still a (very miniscule) possibility

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 23:44   Link #809
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
You know, we never considered one other possibility, mostly because it defies the Laws of shounen: what if Natsu and Gazille actually have no part in this fight at all?
That was a possibility back when it seemed like they couldn't get out of that barrier... however, the combination of Levi working on getting rid f the barrier, pinning her hopes on Natsu and Gazille, along with master who thought highly of both of them, all adds up to the foreshadowing that they WILL get out and they WILL fight Luxus... if they didn't get out, then the focus on Levi even trying to tke down the barrier would just be a waste of good pages and panels
Old 2008-12-04, 03:25   Link #810
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Let's see...
right now we got Bixlow vs Loki... Luxus talks about taking on mistgun and Ezra himself, and Fried taking on Kana and Lluvia... and then we have the destined battle of the two dragon slayers vs Luxus...

frankly, i think Loki vs Bixlow will end with a Loki win... Bixlow already scored enough points when he beat gray, so i'm expecting that Loki will not get beaten as well

thing is, i don't want to see mistgun loose his first fight... i want him to either win, or not fight at all... Ezra i can except loosing to Luxus, but also loosing to the dragon slayers and needing mistgun to finish the job? no, that's just too much right there... frankly with this chapter i think it's certain that Natsu and Gazzille will be the one's finishing the job

and then there is fried dealing with Kana and Lluvia... Kana, i would like to do well for he first fight, however if it means having Mistgun fight fried and win, i wouldn't mind seeing the two girls loose this time; especially since they are up against fried who is likely the strongest of the 3 stooges.

either that, or Mistgun does his usual support thing and take out the temple of thunder... like i said, he's either got to win his fight, or not fight at all imo

two possibilities... one, it's a matter of pride; he's attached his name to fairy tail and wants to keep it that way... two, there are certain hoops and hurdles to go through in order to create a new legal guild that Luxus is not capable of passing (other than power, age, experience, and certain more honorable recognitions could be required by the guild creator) so the only way for him to become a guild master is through heritage or creating an illegal guild which doesn't seem to be within his own ideologies.
Taking a whole town hostage doesn't scream legality to me, though... He seems more the type to go "Yeah, we're illegal. What are you going to do about it?"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 04:09   Link #811
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Taking a whole town hostage doesn't scream legality to me, though... He seems more the type to go "Yeah, we're illegal. What are you going to do about it?"
One of the things that Luxus's group mocked was illegal guilds; saying that only those who are weak resort to illegal activities... furthermore, such guilds need to operate in the shadows...

When it comes down to it, the strongest mages have more to profit from being in a legal guild; steady work and no trouble from the council... As such, Luxus would have trouble building a powerful guild as most strong mages would rather work legally... Luxus is pretty much limited to only the scum and that doesn't give him as much to work with... not to mention interference from the council is bound to cause him trouble

As for taking the town hostage... as long as Luxus doesn't unleash the temple's wrath, he can deny and try to weasel his way out of things. If he does pull the trigger, then that means master did not give in and as such all hope was lost for him to obtain a legal guild (so screw the consequences)
Old 2008-12-04, 05:54   Link #812
harashibaya
-w<

Location: little sunny island with monstrous high rise buildings called singapore
Send a message via MSN to harashibaya
haha i didn't know there was a Fairy Tail thread
don't forget Fried! i think Gazelle will probably be the one taking him on though. we'll all witness Mistgun's power for the first time through Natsu's eyes i suppose?
harashibaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:04   Link #813
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Your deduction about Lucy's father might be right Perhaps the reason that he wanted Lucy to marry someone politically was to safe his money.

D:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 16:40   Link #814
Cinocard

Am i seeing a Gazille pairing?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 17:12   Link #815
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Am i seeing a Gazille pairing?
haha yea I thought same thing, potential love square on our hands
Old 2008-12-04, 17:33   Link #816
seiji_kun

Kind of dissapointed, Gray really got done in bye Bixlow so seems I don't have to hope at a Gray-Bixlow round 2. I kind of feel sorry for Gray who is going to be probably mocked bye Natsu for this.

I even forgot Lucy had Loki as a triumphcard till I saw his smile, totally forgot she was a stellar magic and not only eye candy. Well now Loki arrived on stage Bixlow's screentime is over. One character I will not miss and hope doesn't pop up back often.

And a Gazille pairing, I'm already seeing it from last week. Lets not forget he already used BSDM on her when he crucified her .
Old 2008-12-04, 19:47   Link #817
Cinocard

On second thought, i think the pairing would be qutie impossible, at least till the very end. It's Mashima we are talking about, his manga never has any real romance in it.

And yeah, i kinda feel sorry for Gray too. Wanna see more of his action. But the guy has been in the spot light recently and if he had not been taken out by Bixlow, we may have not seen the appearance of Mist Gun. I guess that makes it equal.
Old 2008-12-04, 20:11   Link #818
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i was kind of hoping for Luvia would get revenge for Grey. but, i doubt that will happen now.
Old 2008-12-04, 20:43   Link #819
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

since we are talking fairy tale romance ch101 page 9

Gradine to Igneel: I daresay that child too will meet with Wendy Someday.

future foreshadowing on a actual romance for Natsu?
Old 2008-12-04, 21:41   Link #820
Cinocard

I personally think "Wendy" is a dragon or dragon incarnation of some sort. Young Igneel met with "her" and something happened. Someone so old i don't think would fit the bill for Natsu romance.

But who know, of all the dragon slayers, there ought to be a babe.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen