2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 29 6.44%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-08, 19:43   Link #1281
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
What C.C. did was break a seal she placed on his mind at the end of the first season. It wouldn't work with Nunnally. Orange-kun will be the one to fix her.
uh she didn't place it on his mind did she? I thought charles rewrote his memories, including that of his geass powers?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 19:46   Link #1282
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
uh she didn't place it on his mind did she? I thought charles rewrote his memories, including that of his geass powers?
It was in some magazine I think. She placed the seal with that kiss on the Gawain. Charles rewrote his memories after that. She broke the seal and essentially undid his work.
Old 2008-09-08, 19:50   Link #1283
Exucartus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
Generally I agree, but in regards to the script writing there's something I really want to get off my chest about this series.

It seems to me that, at every turn, sunrise is always going for the biggest possible mindf*ck. There is a very characteristic yet simple recipe they follow. They start off by building a "feelgood" factor and, once the plot has reached a point where the viewer will have let his guard down and start thinking "hey things are finally starting to work out", they bring everything crashing down.
Examples:
Season 1
  • The rebelion is going well. It's time to move onto the next stage in the plan to liberate Japan. Then... Euphemia announces the creation of a Japanese state inside Area 11 on a whim. The plan is ruined. Anger, frustration etc etc... The fairy-tale princess thinks she has the right to decide the fates those who have spilled the blood of others and their own.
  • Lelouche thinks of Nunnally. Maybe it's best for everyone's sake to go along along with Euphemia's plan. Everything works out perfectly. Suddenly, geass goes haywire with the worst possible outcome - genocide princess. Naive and gullible though she was, ultimatelly she was an innocent who received the worst possible and most undeserved fate. Really sad and pityful.
  • Lelouche starts picking up the pieces from the massacre. The original plan is back on track. The rebelion's most crucial battle takes place. Everything is going smoothly, looks like the biggest victory for the black knights. V.V kidnaps Nunnally. Lelouche abandons the rebelion (!) and everything falls to ruin.

The second season is even "worse" in this. It's the same pattern that keeps repeating it's self over and over so they can deliver the most powerfull "wtf!?" moments. It's become predictable... As soon as things start going really well for Lelouche you might as well start preparing to be mentally screwed. I don't mind tragedy or melodrama, I love NGE for example, but every tragic twist in Code Geass seems deliberate and forced. I think maybe they allow the plot to be a little bit contrived on purpose sometimes, so the viewer will be even more frustrated when these things happen. It's like Ichirou (the writer) is a sadist or something.
You know this feels reminiscent of Michael Moorcock's Elric (not the Elric from FMA). Everything Elric does almost ends in failure, just when you think Elric is going to get a break, he get's screwed over once again. It is that type of tragic Greek hero archetype that I see Lelouch becoming.
Exucartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 19:55   Link #1284
superzombie23

Quote:
It was in some magazine I think. She placed the seal with that kiss on the Gawain. Charles rewrote his memories after that. She broke the seal and essentially undid his work.
I guess that's why at the beginning of R2, she kissing him again got his memories back.
superzombie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 20:14   Link #1285
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
if she sealed his geass...then how did he have it at the end of that episode when suzaku blasted that geass helmet off?
and where can i read these magazines? or get the info to the magazines that were revealed? ...man and here i thought c.c. sincerely kissed him *sigh*
Old 2008-09-08, 20:31   Link #1286
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
if she sealed his geass...then how did he have it at the end of that episode when suzaku blasted that geass helmet off?
and where can i read these magazines? or get the info to the magazines that were revealed? ...man and here i thought c.c. sincerely kissed him *sigh*
Var might know where, I'm just recounting. She didn't seal his Geass, she just created a seal. It's like making a restore point on a computer. She activated it with the second kiss and undid the damage Charles caused.
Old 2008-09-08, 20:34   Link #1287
Var
Banned

Quote:
Var might know where, I'm just recounting. She didn't seal his Geass, she just created a seal. It's like making a restore point on a computer. She activated it with the second kiss and undid the damage Charles caused.
Those magazines scans are burried somewhere in the old, old Spoiler and Speculations thread. I doubt I could find them at this point.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 20:51   Link #1288
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

i see, that's weird, the whole kiss thing was actually a seal *sigh*

how convenient meh
Old 2008-09-08, 20:54   Link #1289
prototype_sky

Shouldn't have Suzaku's little stunt and the end of episode 22 severly injure everyone in the building at least?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 20:58   Link #1290
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Shouldn't have Suzaku's little stunt and the end of episode 22 severly injure everyone in the building at least?
Not really. The hall is really big, there's almost no one in it, and he hit it fast enough that the building remained intact.
Old 2008-09-08, 21:00   Link #1291
Var
Banned

Quote:
Not really. The hall is really big, there's almost no one in it, and he hit it fast enough that the building remained intact.
The better question is how he stopped at that speed over the distance spam of only several meters of height. The air turbulance and vacuum explosion that would be created from the speed to sudden break could snap ear drums... but that's physics... and this is ANIME!
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:09   Link #1292
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The better question is how he stopped at that speed over the distance spam of only several meters of height. The air turbulance and vacuum explosion that would be created from the speed to sudden break could snap ear drums... but that's physics... and this is ANIME!

how can someone(suzaku) even take the force generated by the albion? Even if there is some device inside which reduces the G (like in gundam 00)...i still find it a bit sketchy, especially since the Shen Hu was considered too great for most to pilot, and the albion is FAR more powerful/a lot faster than the shen hu...

then again, he is t3h spinzaku
Old 2008-09-08, 21:14   Link #1293
prototype_sky

Quote:
how can someone(suzaku) even take the force generated by the albion? Even if there is some device inside which reduces the G (like in gundam 00)...i still find it a bit sketchy, especially since the Shen Hu was considered too great for most to pilot, and the albion is FAR more powerful/a lot faster than the shen hu...

then again, he is t3h spinzaku
Maybe his badass new outfit helps
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:25   Link #1294
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post

Maybe his badass new outfit helps
pfft then i'd want that outfit fo sho! who knows what else i could do!
Old 2008-09-08, 21:41   Link #1295
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
pfft then i'd want that outfit fo sho! who knows what else i could do!
Still rofling at how badly the KoRs got owned.
Old 2008-09-08, 21:51   Link #1296
jackasian

I don't know if it has been posted but this is what I believe:

The reason Lelouch didnt respond to kallen was to later help prove that she wasn't affected by geass (other than that one time, of course).

When he says "the resolve to destroy the world and even yourselft," i believe lelouch might die in the end to help save the world through unity.

Obviously, nunnally is alive because you see sayoko in the next ep preview. Not only that, she must now know of geass through schnizel.

Last edited by jackasian; 2008-09-08 at 22:03. Reason: Adding
jackasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:52   Link #1297
SuperJiwon

Wonder what Nina was doing all that time in the school, it seemed like she was working on something. Is it the Neutron Jamm...I mean the Sakuradite Jammer? She's going to activate that bad boy and stop Sakuradite reactions worldwide, rendering FLEIA inoperable! As well as cutting off running water, electricity, and emergency services causing millions of deaths wordwide! Great job Nina!
SuperJiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 21:53   Link #1298
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackasian View Post
I don't know if it has been posted but this is what I believe:

The reason Lelouch didnt respond to kallen was to later help prove that she wasn't affected by geass other than that one time.
She already believed him. That wouldn't matter now.
Old 2008-09-08, 22:04   Link #1299
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJiwon View Post
Wonder what Nina was doing all that time in the school, it seemed like she was working on something. Is it the Neutron Jamm...I mean the Sakuradite Jammer? She's going to activate that bad boy and stop Sakuradite reactions worldwide, rendering FLEIA inoperable! As well as cutting off running water, electricity, and emergency services causing millions of deaths wordwide! Great job Nina!
The camera focused on Nina holding something close to her when she and Rivalz were escaping.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 22:06   Link #1300
jackasian

Quote:
She already believed him. That wouldn't matter now.
I'm just saying so that kallen might fall back in love with him later if events turn for the better.
jackasian is offline   Reply With Quote