AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-08, 03:06   Link #5021
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The group in charge of Shinohayu already picked the main series up. Pretty much what I expected, since they were the ones who muscled in on Shinohayu despite the old group's plans to do it in the first place.
That's a relief to hear, I'm grateful they have the time and willingness to do this.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 04:48   Link #5022
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
The group in charge of Shinohayu already picked the main series up. Pretty much what I expected, since they were the ones who muscled in on Shinohayu despite the old group's plans to do it in the first place.
Woah! That came much faster than I expected, but anyway it's good to hear that.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 17:42   Link #5023
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
127 is finally out and it was a good one - I liked Momo's analogy of the rubber band, actually. Made a lot of sense to me. ^^
Old 2014-06-08, 18:05   Link #5024
King-Slayer

Loved seeing Hisa kick major ass this match and setting up her team to be in a good position. Although its dangerous with Usuzan so low on points, I think they'll manage. And every time I see Yuan speak I feel so bad for her. Overall it was a great match like the other two and hopefully Nodo, Mega, Maya, and Kinue will put on a good show as well.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 18:09   Link #5025
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
127 is finally out and it was a good one - I liked Momo's analogy of the rubber band, actually. Made a lot of sense to me. ^^
It felt a bit unnecessary to me, but that's because I already know how Hisa works. The tougher things get, the harder she punches back, and boy, does she love punching back. You know, considering the hints on her past that we got, you could look at it from a somewhat more dramatic perspective

Anyway, this was pretty much Why Hisa is Awesome: The chapter. Not just willing to go against a world class player, but also looking forward to it requires some serious guts and skills, and she proved to have both.

Things might still be somewhat dire for Kiyosumi as a whole (Will the current point standing affect Nodoka's playstyle, I wonder), but Hisa certainly got the most out of the situation, getting a literal joygasm, most likely Hiroe's respect on the side, and Choe sure looks like she wouldn't mind priming her pumps (I'm gonna like these new translations).

Now, if we could only get that first name basis flashback...

Next time, SO MUCH OPPAI And more mahjong, I guess.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-08, 21:04   Link #5026
juventus95

I don't like Yuan. She just sat there and expected Hisa to feed her points to lower gaps. I'm relieved that Hisa didn't play into her hands. Kiyosumi may be in danger to be eliminated but I think it's exactly what Hisa wants. A poor wait on life that can let her team attain victory.
juventus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 02:25   Link #5027
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

It will be interesting to see what Usuzan can pull off with their last 2 players considering their current scores since like most story, there's going to be a turn around at some point to heighten the tension in the captain's match.

Though there's still the chance that Usuzan just isn't a strong team at all and got through to the semi because Rinkai eliminated the stronger opponent in the 2nd match since the initial comment about them by Pro Hayarin can be taken both way.

Personally, I love to see Himematsu go through because they are a normal team (except Suzu) for most part and i'm enjoying Hiroe's trash talking and friendly rivalry with Hisa.
Old 2014-06-09, 03:47   Link #5028
14chauc2

What do you guys think about the powers of the last 2 Usuzan players? My opinion on them:

Yukiko Maya - I believe her power has something to do with fortune, as the meaning of the name Yukiko is 'Fortunate child'. Her personality, according to Yuan has an unreserved nature and does what she wants. Since Senriyama stated that Uzusan's Vice-Captain and Captain are beyond ace leagues above already impressive players such as Mairu Shirozu.

So my prediction for Yukiko would be a ability to actually combine 2 powers from 2 players on the field (Megan? and Nodoka, since Kinue has no ability) when she is not the dealer "Child as in non-dealer, parent as the dealer, according to Koromo in episode 16?" and the fortunate comes in the point where she gets to use 2 abilities in 1 game, unlike the others.
(cant think of any weaknesses yet. please give in some ideas)

Sawaya Shishihara - Her last name "Shishi"hara, if you look at the Shishi, it means lion in japanese. According to the last zenkoku credit, she shows something like a red aura while calling riichi, it could be symbolising something about blood, which means the attack is very strong (1) Lions can run over the speed of 50 mph, which could be another symbolism (tile amount) (2) . Lions inhabit grassy plains, savannahs, open woodlands and scrub country, and these landscapes allow the lions to creep stealthily through vegetation and leap upon their unsuspecting prey (3)

My prediction for Sawaya: At 1st, her discard are shown, but if she calls Riichi before there is 50 or more remaining tiles on the wall (2), the discards before riichi will disappear (3), and her value will be worth from a Baiman to a Sanbaiman, However if she calls Riichi before there is 49 or less tiles on the wall, her discards still disappear, but the value will drop to a 5200/7800 tsumo (4 fan 20 fu) to a haneman (1). the wall will not contain any single tile for her to call Tsumo, so it is always a 100% direct hit. and since her tiles disappears after riichi, the opponents will find it hard to defend her riichi, and screws up heavily.

This can affect the scoring by the remaining amount of tiles in the wall, as Sawaya's Inital hand starts off with a 9 fan value that is at least 3 shanten. The draws are affected until 50 tiles remain, but after when the 49 tiles left in the wall, her drawing quality starts to decrease, to the point where it is only possible to make a 5200/7800 tsumo (4 fan 20 fu) to a haneman (unless lucked out by ura-dora, then it can be a Baiman)

What do u guys think? Im posting rinkai's later.

Last edited by 14chauc2; 2014-06-09 at 05:07. Reason: typo
14chauc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 08:26   Link #5029
Chitanda Eru

Which team do you think will be at last place after vice-captain match?
I suppose it will be usuzan or Himematsu. Thougn Usuzan's vice-captain could be very strong but their score is too low. However Himematsu could be drop to the last place for their captain make some revenge before they are eliminated .
And Nodoka could be drop to the last place, but I think the chance is small because she kind of player that not to score a lot of point but not to lose much point too .
Chitanda Eru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 10:19   Link #5030
amigos

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
It will be interesting to see what Usuzan can pull off with their last 2 players considering their current scores since like most story, there's going to be a turn around at some point to heighten the tension in the captain's match.

Though there's still the chance that Usuzan just isn't a strong team at all and got through to the semi because Rinkai eliminated the stronger opponent in the 2nd match since the initial comment about them by Pro Hayarin can be taken both way.

Personally, I love to see Himematsu go through because they are a normal team (except Suzu) for most part and i'm enjoying Hiroe's trash talking and friendly rivalry with Hisa.
yes,that's almost all she has been doing this match:commenting on hisa from the sideline;so i'm disapointed instead.
i exepected better from her,as himematsu ace player.
amigos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 18:42   Link #5031
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
I suppose it will be usuzan or Himematsu. Thougn Usuzan's vice-captain could be very strong but their score is too low. However Himematsu could be drop to the last place for their captain make some revenge before they are eliminated .
And Nodoka could be drop to the last place, but I think the chance is small because she kind of player that not to score a lot of point but not to lose much point too .
it about has to be Usuzan. Even if Maya gains 40,000 off of anyone she still would be in last place.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-09, 22:24   Link #5032
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitanda Eru View Post
Then I predict that Nodoka will mess up big time. By the end of her match, she still manages to keep third place while Usuzan remains fourth, but with a much smaller margin between them while 2nd placer is further away. Then comes captain match where Saki messed up yet again under pressure, and that's where Kiyosumi will fall to last place for the first time in this match.

I'm looking forward the most is Megan. What kind of playstyle she has to offer that she doesn't even appear on the ending PV of Zenkoku-hen? We have no idea what she is going to do at the table, but since I'm rooting for Rinkai, I hope more than anything that she won't turn out to be Matano Seiko version 2.0.

As for Kinue. I think she performed quite well on the semi even though she doesn't particularly stand out much. I hope she manages to defend her points this time, and occasionally pull off some win that will impress her beloved sister.
Old 2014-06-10, 03:35   Link #5033
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
it about has to be Usuzan. Even if Maya gains 40,000 off of anyone she still would be in last place.
That is the most probable situation in reality but with the dragonball mahjong in Saki, it's up to anyone's guess.

Going by the line up for the vice captains, it's probably going to be a large net gain for Usuzan from Himematsu and Kiyosumi. Nodoka plays a very safe mahjong and Kinue is a defensive player as well. Since Rinkai and Usuzan already had a match before, it's safe to assume Megan is prepared for what Maya can do. If the last two Usuzan players are well above regular aces, it's unlikely Nodoka and Kinue can stop Maya from gaining points from them with regular play.

Most likely, it's going to end up Rinkai - Usuzan - Himematsu - Kiyosumi going into the captain's match.
Old 2014-06-10, 04:12   Link #5034
14chauc2

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Then I predict that Nodoka will mess up big time. By the end of her match, she still manages to keep third place while Usuzan remains fourth, but with a much smaller margin between them while 2nd placer is further away. Then comes captain match where Saki messed up yet again under pressure, and that's where Kiyosumi will fall to last place for the first time in this match.

I'm looking forward the most is Megan. What kind of playstyle she has to offer that she doesn't even appear on the ending PV of Zenkoku-hen? We have no idea what she is going to do at the table, but since I'm rooting for Rinkai, I hope more than anything that she won't turn out to be Matano Seiko version 2.0.

As for Kinue. I think she performed quite well on the semi even though she doesn't particularly stand out much. I hope she manages to defend her points this time, and occasionally pull off some win that will impress her beloved sister.
Himematsu has to lose some points in some way, and because the credits had a small symbolism to Kyouko's power, which means she has to earn points. so therefore Kinue loses points (something like -26000), but wins something like a yakuman/oya-sanbaiman that impresses Hiroe. Megan won't be Matano Seiko 2.0, which of course that'll just make the readers unintrested. Maybe she wins hands with at least 18000, but screws up to tsumos and Kinue during the last hand, losing something like -54,000. Nodoka will earn points, but some of her points were shaved by constant tsumos (something like +1,000), while Maya does a lot of tsumos which earns something like +700 (still in last), bringing her team up till 80,000 to make the final match more epic with these scores:

Rinkai - 109,000
Kiyosumi - 103,000
Himematsu - 101,000
Usuzan - 87, 000
14chauc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 11:40   Link #5035
Chitanda Eru

In my opinion, After vice-captain match will end up with descending order Rinkai > Himematsu > Kiyosumi > Usuzan. However, I want it will be Rinkai> Usuzan > Himematsu > Kiyosumi or Himematsu > Rinkai > Usuzan > Kiyosumi, otherwise this semi final match will be the same in side A and we can hope about Saki will show her incredible power to take the first place from the last
Old 2014-06-11, 15:14   Link #5036
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
That is the most probable situation in reality but with the dragonball mahjong in Saki, it's up to anyone's guess.

Going by the line up for the vice captains, it's probably going to be a large net gain for Usuzan from Himematsu and Kiyosumi. Nodoka plays a very safe mahjong and Kinue is a defensive player as well. Since Rinkai and Usuzan already had a match before, it's safe to assume Megan is prepared for what Maya can do. If the last two Usuzan players are well above regular aces, it's unlikely Nodoka and Kinue can stop Maya from gaining points from them with regular play.

Most likely, it's going to end up Rinkai - Usuzan - Himematsu - Kiyosumi going into the captain's match.
There are two points I would like to discuss about:

Quote:
Nodoka plays a very safe mahjong and Kinue is a defensive player as well.
Nodoka's digital playstyle is a good defensive tactic in normal situations, but whether it's effective is highly depending on the nature of the occult player she's playing against. She might be immune to some of them like Momo while others may be able to take advantage of her style like Hatsumi.

Nodoka has zero grasps in anything occult related. I think this fact should be known among the opposing teams that watched her previous game. Form the last episode of s2, it's pretty safe to say that Maya is an occult player which means that Nodoka can get screwed if Maya is able to deliberately exploit her. Nodoka may end up playing into Maya hand several times, dragging Kiyosumi down closer to last place. This is the main reason why I predicted that Nodoka will mess up BIG time in my previous post. It's because her (occult) opponent teams already know how to deal with her.

But aside from that, there are other reasons too such as her promise with Shizu and co. This may put unnecessary pressure on her and she may not perform as well as she should. Something akin to what happened to Hisa during her QF match.

Quote:
Since Rinkai and Usuzan already had a match before, it's safe to assume Megan is prepared for what Maya can do.
Ahh but what if the opposite happens and Maya is the one who saw through Megan after their previous match? This is part of the reason why I don't discount the possibility that Megan may turn into Matano no. 2 because of Maya. But of course, at this point it can go either way.

P.S. But even though I said that it can go either way, if I'm the author, right now I will be planning a quick way to reduce the gap between the first and last place so...

Last edited by teja208; 2014-06-11 at 21:43.
Old 2014-06-19, 08:08   Link #5037
The Green One

Spoilers of 128 have surfaced, Hisa's match ends and we see the aftermath, meanwhile Awai confronts Teru about Saki, specifically if she's her sister. Teru was going to lie but Awai apparently gets her to confess with the power of a moe stare.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 08:39   Link #5038
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Spoilers of 128 have surfaced, Hisa's match ends and we see the aftermath, meanwhile Awai confronts Teru about Saki, specifically if she's her sister. Teru was going to lie but Awai apparently gets her to confess with the power of a moe stare.
Some people are already saying that part connects with the epilogue of zenkoku-hen, which apparently has Awai looking pretty unhappy. Saki and Teru didn't burn anyone, but maybe Awai does want Teru to be her onee-chan, and doesn't like having competition.

It seems there's also a part where
Spoiler for Spoiler:

So, yeah, it's finally happening for real. Can we please just go straight to Saki's match? Despite previous comments, I'm not that much into breasts.

Also, I gotta admit.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 09:26   Link #5039
Narumin

I really dislike Awai because of her habit and thought. I want her to lose in the final for changing her better.

My feeling to Awai
Spoiler:

Last edited by Narumin; 2014-06-19 at 10:22.
Narumin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 11:49   Link #5040
Chitanda Eru

It's definitely that there will be a kan-war between Saki and Awaii in the final. Aww, I can't wait to see it. And Hope that Shizuno will have a worst battle ever. She doesn't deserve to be in the final match

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri