AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 05:57   Link #3981
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now i'm all the more interested in knowing how this Zeref knows Natsu..

& the title for next weeks chapter had me laughing pretty hard.
Old 2010-10-31, 07:14   Link #3982
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm glad for that though. While I'm always thankful that Mashima doesn't waste time when it comes to Fairy Tail's plot pacing, sometimes it does come at the expense of some things. ( eg. Edolas arc's lack of Edolas Fairy Tail moments, and some missed opportunity for Mystogan to have some scenes with Fairy Tail. )

Good to see that there's still time for the exam and potentially some nice Gajeel-Levy hijinks before the eventual 'shit goes down.'

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 10:26   Link #3983
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Predictions

1. Markhov will die
2. Gildartz will become the new guild master
3. Erza gets the proof she needs that Geard was just a dupe.
4. Geard goes on probation and joins FT, Taking Mystgon's spot
5. Lux hears Markhov's death and Returns, rejoins FT.
6. We get more info on Natsu's past and the Dragons.
Old 2010-10-31, 10:48   Link #3984
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Predictions

1. Markhov will die
I agree with most, but I don't think Lux will come back so soon. At least, I don't believe he'll reappear in the story until we get to the Ivan arc. Ivan is the leader of another Dark Guild, and at the start, there were three major dark Guilds, of which Orecian seis has been taken down, and we have the second here. I think Ivan's guild is a minor dark guild, though? Or was he the leader of the other major one?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:04   Link #3985
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Predictions

1. Markhov will die
I highly doubt (1) would happen now, but I suspect Makarov will be put in a coma, perhaps. That way, it'll create an even field for Gildarts to temporarily lead the guild against Master Ivan who's implied to be Gildart's rival. Not to mention with Makarov in coma, there would be no one else in Fairy Tail who knows that Gajeel is a double agent on FT's side, which would lead to Gajeel drama in the Raven Tail arc until Makarov awakens to prove Gajeel's innocence.

... It'd be a bit lame if it turns out that way you said in (3) and (4). The current Mage Council also seems like they're far less amiable than the old council, and the only proof available would be a confession from Urtear, which is hardly substantial proof.

Besides, regardless of whether or not FT wins/loses against Grimoire Heart, Mage Council is going to disband them after this since it would constitute as another disregard of the anti-guild war law. It's a good opportunity for Gerard to be rescued, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
I agree with most, but I don't think Lux will come back so soon. At least, I don't believe he'll reappear in the story until we get to the Ivan arc. Ivan is the leader of another Dark Guild, and at the start, there were three major dark Guilds, of which Orecian seis has been taken down, and we have the second here. I think Ivan's guild is a minor dark guild, though? Or was he the leader of the other major one?
Ivan's Raven Tail is an independent major guild. It's as big as any of of the Balam Alliance Guilds, but it doesn't form an alliance or command any of the smaller Dark Guilds.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-10-31, 11:08   Link #3986
Bern-san

Quote:
basically my thoughts are more or less the same as nightengale

the other major dark guild is Tártaros, we don't know absolutely anything although it is one of the three major dark guilds

we still don't know if laxus is going with his father or if he's wandering alone and Ivan is looking for him
Old 2010-10-31, 11:10   Link #3987
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Raven Tail I think was considered a major Dark Guild but it wasn't allied with any other guilds.

Zeref may be the big bad thats always been talked about but I think Ivan will cause alot more trouble for FT than Zeref might.
Not to say that Zeref won't cause alot of trouble just Ivan more so.

Something I've been thinking about is Natsu's muffler, now it's turned black I wonder whats up.
Makes me think back to the Nirvana thing in that I would honestly like to see Natsu turn or be influenced by it and become evil...for a bit at least.
I always liked the idea that he becomes evil and the rest of the gang have to get him back.
I know it's got a snowball chance in hell of ever happening but I like to dream
Old 2010-10-31, 11:20   Link #3988
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Besides, regardless of whether or not FT wins/loses against Grimoire Heart, Mage Council is going to disband them after this since it would constitute as another disregard of the anti-guild war law. It's a good opportunity for Gerard to be rescued, or something like that.
I doubt that... FT is essentially being attacked, what are they supposed to do just let themselves be killed? The reason the council actually made a big deal out of Orecian seis Is because Fairy Tail and the other guilds were the ones who initiated the conflict. They did not have to get involved at all and could have just let the mage council handle things (though we know that would have been unwise given the circumstances).

No i think if the mage council's hammer is gonna fall down on Fairy Tail it will be when Fairy Tail comes into conflict Raven Tail... Makarov seems like he maybe preparing an attack on Raven Tail and this is even more likely if he wants to save Luxus from Ivan
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:32   Link #3989
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I doubt that... FT is essentially being attacked, what are they supposed to do just let themselves be killed? The reason the council actually made a big deal out of Orecian seis Is because Fairy Tail and the other guilds were the ones who initiated the conflict. They did not have to get involved at all and could have just let the mage council handle things (though we know that would have been unwise given the circumstances).

No i think if the mage council's hammer is gonna fall down on Fairy Tail it will be when Fairy Tail comes into conflict Raven Tail... Makarov seems like he maybe preparing an attack on Raven Tail and this is even more likely if he wants to save Luxus from Ivan
Phantom Lord started the conflict too... and Fairy Tail was that close to getting disbanded because of it. Makarov's friend did state that it was only because of his help that they managed to escape getting disbanded.

Currently, the only Fairy Tail sympathizer in the Council is the very same person who kept asking for their disbandment in the previous Council. The current council actually considers a dark guild of all things, to be within the scope of the anti-guild war laws. The way I see it, the Mage Council will just use the circumstances to force Fairy Tail's disbandment anyway.

Old 2010-10-31, 12:06   Link #3990
Slayerx

Quote:
Phantom Lord started the conflict too... and Fairy Tail was that close to getting disbanded because of it. Makarov's friend did state that it was only because of his help that they managed to escape getting disbanded.
Phantom Lord made one strike on their guild, and hurt 3 members... Fairy Tail could have ignored it and left it up to the mage council but they choose to retaliate. It was within Fairy Tail means to stop the fighting but they chose to retaliate and thus contributed to extending the conflict... The only way this situation would be similar is if after this fight on the island Fairy Tail chooses to launch an attack on Grimoire Heart
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 12:18   Link #3991
Clarste
Human

Yup, there's a difference between self-defense and vengeance.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 12:25   Link #3992
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I understand what you are trying to say, but my point and speculation is that it won't matter to the council anyway the circumstances that led go the conflict. They'll use it as excuse and justification that Fairy Tail needs to be disbanded. Not to mention that he attack by G. Heart can be seen by the council as a revenge for Oracion Seis which would double up a reason for disbandment since they would be implicated for provoking the result.

Old 2010-10-31, 13:05   Link #3993
NoLongerSane

Quote:
I understand what you are trying to say, but my point and speculation is that it won't matter to the council anyway the circumstances that led go the conflict. They'll use it as excuse and justification that Fairy Tail needs to be disbanded. Not to mention that he attack by G. Heart can be seen by the council as a revenge for Oracion Seis which would double up a reason for disbandment since they would be implicated for provoking the result.
Well, I think Fairy Tail can get out of punishment since G.Heart is technically a dark guild and works outside of the regulatory rules of the counsel. As for the battles with Phantom Lord, I was under the impression that P.Lord was a legal guild and thus it's battle with Fairy Tail would have been considered infighting and warrenting the counsel to intervine.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 13:42   Link #3994
Knightrunner

I like the theory Zeref is the black dragon slayer. It would explain his powers and why he can live so long since any normal wizard should have died living for that period of time.

Maybe the dragon Zeref was with was the one that attacked Gildartz. The black dragon Gildartz mention that destroyed his arm and leg is the same dragon that trained Zeref.
Old 2010-10-31, 18:07   Link #3995
KrimzonStriker

Well one thing I'm almost sure will be taking place in the near future is that Grimoire Heart will win this incoming battle, at least strategically, so that it will set up future plot points of conflict with Zeref. Given his cold look in Charlotte's vision, its very likely he will also do a heel-face turn from his apparent gentle personality to demonstrate just why he is revered the most vile and evil wizard in history.
Old 2010-10-31, 18:50   Link #3996
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Well, I think Fairy Tail can get out of punishment since G.Heart is technically a dark guild and works outside of the regulatory rules of the counsel. As for the battles with Phantom Lord, I was under the impression that P.Lord was a legal guild and thus it's battle with Fairy Tail would have been considered infighting and warrenting the counsel to intervine.
Not according to these asshats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Yup, there's a difference between self-defense and vengeance.
And the same can be said for Grimoire Heart. While in truth they didn't give a damn that Oracion Seis has been destroyed, the Council may not think that way and may consider their aggression against Fairy Tail as a revenge, and that would paint a bad light on Fairy Tail ( and the allied guilds ) to have been the ones to provoke a chain reaction of guild wars.

Old 2010-10-31, 19:02   Link #3997
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Not according to these asshats.

And the same can be said for Grimoire Heart. While in truth they didn't give a damn that Oracion Seis has been destroyed, the Council may not think that way and may consider their aggression against Fairy Tail as a revenge, and that would paint a bad light on Fairy Tail ( and the allied guilds ) to have been the ones to provoke a chain reaction of guild wars.
Oh, forgot about that part. Good memory. So it would seem that politics is going to be playing a role in this upcomming arc if going by this scene. I could understand if they are doing this to keep the peace, but there has to be a limit before it is too late to act.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 19:06   Link #3998
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Oh, forgot about that part. Good memory. So it would seem that politics is going to be playing a role in this upcomming arc if going by this scene. I could understand if they are doing this to keep the peace, but there has to be a limit before it is too late to act.
imo it;s kind of like they are protecting the dark guilds in a way (or just want to make themselves more important). I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the payroll of these big dark guilds so that they could do what they want and the defeating of one wasn't in their interests.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 21:37   Link #3999
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
imo it;s kind of like they are protecting the dark guilds in a way (or just want to make themselves more important). I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the payroll of these big dark guilds so that they could do what they want and the defeating of one wasn't in their interests.
That'd be an interesting plot-twist for why Ultear wanted to cripple and discredit the council in the first place, so they could infiltrate it AGAIN Still, I have to figure the current councils attitudes is probably playing a big part of Grimoire Hearts calculations, you know, like how insurgents love it when governments try to clamp down after a big attack, thus alienating the local populous while spreading fear and paranoia.
Old 2010-10-31, 21:56   Link #4000
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
That'd be an interesting plot-twist for why Ultear wanted to cripple and discredit the council in the first place, so they could infiltrate it AGAIN Still, I have to figure the current councils attitudes is probably playing a big part of Grimoire Hearts calculations, you know, like how insurgents love it when governments try to clamp down after a big attack, thus alienating the local populous while spreading fear and paranoia.
probably. The first council we saw were ones that weren't working in the balam alliances interests or taking bribes so they set them up to fall and then would place one of their choosing in place to do what THEY wanted and not whats the council was supposed to do.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen