AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2004-10-14, 05:44   Link #241
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaheed79
Wow. I set my expectations way too high cause it looked like Naruto's team did this. I was not impressed with the first episode so I guess its just not my thing. I don't get a chance to read the manga so maybe thats why. Cliche's up the wazoo but I'm not gonna bore people with the reasons why I don't like it cause many people here do.
You outet yourself as a narutard, boy.
Cliche up the wazoo is something i would rather bring in connection with naruto...
IMSabbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 07:39   Link #242
Megane
Sleepy Head

Send a message via AIM to Megane Send a message via MSN to Megane
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Well I believe Rukia was reading shoujo manga in the manga at one point.
Viz translates the title of this manga as "The Jade Hermitage", and gives a brief description between chapters three and four:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viz
Written by: Marie Hatsue
A story about soft-masochist Marianne (older sister) and hard-gay Francoise (younger sister) doing all sorts of things over ajade box given to them by their mother (52-year-old-wrestler). Super scary stuff.
Although perhaps what makes it more scary is that Francoise is actually Marianne's younger brother! At least, that's how TW translated it. So I looked it up in my Japanese copy of Bleach, and there it was; the kanji for younger brother (Δο). Anyway, I'm getting too interested in a manga-within-a-manga, the point was that Rukia is indeed trying to learn modern Japanese through shoujo manga, of the horror variety.
Megane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 09:08   Link #243
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
erm i hope this isn't a stupid question but errr... i'm kinda learning Japanese on my own so help me on this one if someone can

Shinu-gami is what their saying right?

Direct transalation is Death - God....
but Kami is God in the dictionary and can't find Gami... so err... can someone explain the grammatical implications of this...

and another thing... just in case ppl haven't seen it yet

Spoiler:
Asakura_Y0h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 09:17   Link #244
sothis

here's a fansub comparison thread as always, if you haven't seen it:

here!

asakura, about 2-3 pages of the discussion above are JUST on the term shinigami, haha... so if you want various fansubber opinions, that's the place to look
sothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 09:52   Link #245
Yoska
フランキー

"Pfft. Anybody who's anybody knows that shinigami translates to "Death Hair"..."

The problem solved
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 10:06   Link #246
dark-alchemist
i prefer udon to ramen!

that traditional music played in the crosswalk scene.. wad's its title?
dark-alchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 12:01   Link #247
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asakura_Y0h

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 13:35   Link #248
ShikaShika
無罪

Too bad we never got to actually see
Spoiler:
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 13:51   Link #249
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Just love those ghosts and goolies

I just watched the first 2 eps. and was pleased. I read a little of the manga but now much so I didn't have too many expectations. I thought the action sequences were great. I also enjoyed the look of the anime.

I might have a new passion.

cdk

Last edited by cdkobasiuk; 2004-10-14 at 13:52. Reason: spelling
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 14:06   Link #250
Phych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akamaru
Too bad we never got to actually see
Spoiler:
What was
Spoiler:
?

Also, I really like the ending credits song.
Got a couple questions: In the very first part of the song, is that red ribbon supposed to symbolize the red string of fate thingy, or is it some other death god cultural thing that I dont know?
...and...
Is it me or does she sing better in English than Nihongo?

Last edited by Phych; 2004-10-14 at 14:19.
Phych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 15:24   Link #251
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
What was
Spoiler:
?

Also, I really like the ending credits song.
Got a couple questions: In the very first part of the song, is that red ribbon supposed to symbolize the red string of fate thingy, or is it some other death god cultural thing that I dont know?
...and...
Is it me or does she sing better in English than Nihongo?
I love Rie Fu's ending. as for the red ribbon Slight
Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 18:39   Link #252
Zafo
Then up comes Zafo.

In episode 2...
Spoiler:
Zafo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 19:33   Link #253
cdkobasiuk
Mommy on a Bender

Making stuff already

I Made some Bleach Avatars from the first episode you can find them at my Deviant Art site under my scraps.

http://cdkobasiuk.deviantart.com/

cdk
cdkobasiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:24   Link #254
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Wow! Rukia is so cute! I really love her. ^_^ If she continues to be cool like that she will be one of my favorite female characters!
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 20:57   Link #255
Shaheed79

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMSabbel
You outet yourself as a narutard, boy.
Cliche up the wazoo is something i would rather bring in connection with naruto...
You assume too much. I like the TEAM who does Naruto I never said anything about me loving Naruto I'm more of a One Piece man myself. But Bleach to me reaked of overcooked shounen at least the anime form. "Oh NO! How can a MERE HUMAN break my all powerful Bond Spell?!!" "Oh NO! How can his Sword be So BIG?" "Oh NO! why is his energy so Powerful?!". I cringed 5 or 6 times during all that. Seen it and heard it a hundred times before and many times better done with a lot better pacing. I'll say this in defense of Naruto though he went through a steady progression of aquiring skills and even then he would get his butt kicked sometimes because he was inexperienced. The underdog underdog if you will. This guy in bleach is comin off like Goku in the first episode. It happened way too fast and didn't make any sense. Take a note from Moon Princess steady progression of an unsure hero is not a bad thing. When he's forced into the role quickly just to get the action goin it looks sloppy and rushed and overly Shonen.

Thats just me though I'm sure a lot of you saw 100 good things about that first episode that I possibly could not see. The animation was above par though but not fantastic and I love the music. And this reminds me more of YuYu Hakusho than Shaman King which is another reason why I was excited to see it.

Last edited by Shaheed79; 2004-10-14 at 21:17.
Shaheed79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 21:23   Link #256
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phych
What was
Spoiler:
?
Spoiler for Orihime's rich fantasy life:

Actually, there was a lot of rewriting in episode 2. It wasn't really any better or worse, I think they're just trying to present the story in a more 'animated' way. It's hard to explain, really, I just think they realized that some elements fit better on paper than celluloid, and are adapting and correcting for that. So far it's been a good job.

I do think they may have messed up a little with Orihime. In the manga, it seemed like she was constantly depressed, and acting happy to keep everyone else from worrying. In the anime so far, she's just happy. That might all change soon, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Also: they left out the baseball training. I hope this appears in a future episode.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 22:21   Link #257
Marine-RX179

It was so freakly to see Rukia jump out of Ichigo's bedroom closet .....totally didn't expect that. That got me thinking, unlike many anime main lead (Midori No Hibi, DearS etc), he actually got family with him at his home. If Rukia was to continue to live under the same roof as Ichigo, how is Ichigo going to hide her now that she's not a 'spirit' anymore but actually a 'girl'?
I'm not trying to sound like a perf or anything, but now that she got a body, she will need to take shower/bath, get change etc......how is she going to do all that without Ichigo's family discovering?
No I haven't read the manga....but I'm guessing may be the only solution is that Ichigo to make up some strange excuse to his family in order for Rukia to stay? Or does Rukia still have the power the alter Ichigi's family members' memory and making them thinking she's Ichigo's cousin or something? lol
But then that wouldn't work either since the people at school already know she and Ichigo is not related.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:17   Link #258
Sokar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
But then that wouldn't work either since the people at school already know she and Ichigo is not related.
Unless of course she mind wipes all of them. Maybe she'll pass on as Ichigo's boy cousin or something so she can stay in his room. I mean, she really looks like a boy.
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:45   Link #259
kvnphm1

She is in a corpse like doll and you probably dont wanna take a shower and get those thing wet =p
kvnphm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:56   Link #260
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine-RX179
No I haven't read the manga....but I'm guessing may be the only solution is that Ichigo to make up some strange excuse to his family in order for Rukia to stay? Or does Rukia still have the power the alter Ichigi's family members' memory and making them thinking she's Ichigo's cousin or something?
I'll give you this, you are closer to an answer than you think . Anyway, you'll probably see how Rukia deals with people who can see her and what she does in ep3

For ep2. Change spotting [just listing them first- like them or not better to leave for later]

Spoiler:

Personally, despite being a weaker episode than the first I'm very impressed by the voicework of everyone introduced so far. Orikasa Fumiko is of course astounding , switching flawlessly between voice/personality from the coarse tomboy with a mission and the terminally polite facade to show she is a normal human being. Even more suprising when considering how alien all her current roles are to one another Really acid delivery here for the comment to Ichigo when they were alone as well as the time she dropped the bomb about his new job

Matsuaka Yuki takes on another scatterbrained chick here. Me wonders if she flubbed some lines since it's to the point you can't even follow the gibberish coming out of the girl's mouth. Not a problem, Orihime in the manga was pretty much like that anyway- existing in her own world then coming out like an odd duck.

And yeah, Don Kanonji's cameo at the end was really funny.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote