AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-19, 20:46   Link #1
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Lamune

This is probably the gentlest, most romantic series I've ever seen. It's based on an ero-game, and there are several girls, but from the beginning it has been obvious that Ken and Nanami would stick together. Their bedrooms have been opposite each other in neighboring houses since they were little. Tension there is none. Action there is little. Plot? Not much. But I love it anyway. Just watched episode 10 and it was the best of all. Fansubs to ep6 by C1Anime.

The VA for Nanami is Gotou Yuuko, who plays Kaede in Shuffle, and was Hiyori in Mizuiro OVA2 and Yuka in I"s Pure. She does the high little weak voice to perfection for me, to the level of parody for others. I will repeat, however, something I posted before: the interests she lists on her home page are travel, fighting sports, motorbikes and drinking.

ANN page

Official site.

Gotou Yuuko home page.

Gotou Yuuko at a beer bar in Tokyo:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2005-12-19 at 21:19.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 21:23   Link #2
mytrivo
A Sucker for Romance

I enjoy this series also. I've seen 6 episodes. It's a refreshing change of pace. It's nice to be able to relax and just enjoy life sometimes. I love the interaction between the characters. Ken and Nanami are so comfortable with each other. And the friend (his name slips my mind right now) that teases them about Nanami being the wife is fun.

I wouldn't want all anime to be like this but I enjoy that I can watch an episode and not come away going: "Huh? What just happened?" or "Why'd they have go and stop it there?"

Last edited by mytrivo; 2006-04-23 at 15:45.
mytrivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:31   Link #3
Kensuke

Yes, very enjoyable little show, and I remember Gotou Yuuko from Mizuiro, her high pitched voice was easy to recognize. The fan event in Mizuiro special was quite hilarious, it is also fansubbed.

I agree, I wouldn't want all of my anime to be like this but every now and then this type of anime I like the best.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:57   Link #4
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I love this show, and especially after episode 06 or 07 when it really starts to pick up a little steam (not much, but a little). I love the pacing (especially when compared to the frenetic pace a lot of anime uses) and especially love the flashback gimmick (probably because I have a kid about that age of my own).
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 03:55   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I like it too, the story and pacing of the show is just right. I love how they start an episode off by showing a flashback scene of when they were kids, and how it relates to the older Nanami and Kenji in the present. Their personalities are totally opposite from each other but that is what makes them such a great couple. I look forward to future episodes.

Is their some reason why they decided to spell it Lamune instead of Ramune? I believe Ramune is the correct way.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 04:00   Link #6
Tiberium Wolf

I have watched the 6 subbed eps and still find this serie boring

There is nothing that it makes it interesting...
Old 2005-12-20, 11:23   Link #7
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I have watched the 6 subbed eps and still find this serie boring
So why are you still watching it? It's not going to suddenly change into some major action anime, so if you don't like it up to now, drop it

As for me, I'm in agreement with the other people that are liking this as a nice slow-paced slice-of-life series. Nanami is sweet, Ken is a nice male protagonist who isn't an idiot (a good thing on the rare occasions it happens), and it requires little thought to watch. Great stuff when I've just been on the edge of my seat watching something like Mai Otome and want a change of pace

edit: forgot to mention, Lamune is the correct spelling in this case, even though technically Ramune is the proper way to spell it. The series title is Lamune, the drink is Ramune. And don't ask where I got that from cuz I can't remember (a post someone else made, or ANN maybe, meh, my memory sucks).

Last edited by Radiosity; 2005-12-20 at 11:38.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 11:54   Link #8
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

OMG! There is some plot and tension in ep11, to go with the beautiful romance. Good episode. And 12 looks as if it will continue the trend.

I would not say this is a great series, but I find it very enjoyable for what it is. Ken is about as good as harem anime protagonists get. And Nanami is a classic.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:09   Link #9
Furudanuki

Quote:
As for me, I'm in agreement with the other people that are liking this as a nice slow-paced slice-of-life series. Nanami is sweet, Ken is a nice male protagonist who isn't an idiot (a good thing on the rare occasions it happens), and it requires little thought to watch. Great stuff when I've just been on the edge of my seat watching something like Mai Otome and want a change of pace
I'll add my agreement for those sentiments. I've started holding the latest episode of Lamune in reserve to calm my nerves after one of my periodic drama/angst viewing binges.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 12:57   Link #10
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Lamune appeals to me a great deal. It's kind of hard to find those light and relaxing moments. It's a good watch while waiting for Blue Green Years. I love the interactions between Ken and Nanami. Ahh... such subtlety and sweetness. Boring it may be to many however to me it has re-watching value.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 03:59   Link #11
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

While I love slice of life shows, Lamune doesn't rank high on my list. Maybe it's just me, but I find the dialogue pacing really odd and somewhat forced. (somewhat reminiscent to another love or hate series "Aishiteruze Baby") Slice of life shows should have naturally flowing dialogue and character emotions.

Mah~ it's still definitely watchable, but imo the anime doesn't do the game much justice.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 04:39   Link #12
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
So why are you still watching it? It's not going to suddenly change into some major action anime, so if you don't like it up to now, drop it

I got nothing else to do... not much to watch these recent months...
It's not like I have BW issue... I leech 100% from the university

I am even thinking of deleting Suzuka after watching the last ep. Doh
Old 2005-12-21, 05:02   Link #13
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said, except that this show is not for the action+super suspense+ultra good animation lovers. But I still love this show.
Old 2005-12-21, 08:28   Link #14
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Well I've just finished watching episode 6. It's nothing special per say, but so far I like this. It's kind of relaxing and the flash back thing is interesting. As of right now my favorite girl in the show is Hikari. Well partially because she's attractive. Plus I like her taste in clothing.
Old 2005-12-21, 11:50   Link #15
Ilpalazzo-sama

I've dropped it after ep3 (i could not even watch thru ep3). I don't know, it was just way to sloooooooooooooooooow for me.
Ilpalazzo-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 11:53   Link #16
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
While I love slice of life shows, Lamune doesn't rank high on my list. Maybe it's just me, but I find the dialogue pacing really odd and somewhat forced. (somewhat reminiscent to another love or hate series "Aishiteruze Baby") Slice of life shows should have naturally flowing dialogue and character emotions.

Mah~ it's still definitely watchable, but imo the anime doesn't do the game much justice.
Realllly? It takes me so long to correctly translate visual novel games I usually only bother when someone says they're great, maybe I'll have to check this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said, except that this show is not for the action+super suspense+ultra good animation lovers. But I still love this show.
I dunno, the animation in the last couple of episodes has actually been pretty good (especially 12). But it is a romantic-comedy, so obviously it pales in comparison to GiTS:SAC or something like that.
Old 2005-12-21, 11:56   Link #17
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I got nothing else to do... not much to watch these recent months...
It's not like I have BW issue... I leech 100% from the university

I am even thinking of deleting Suzuka after watching the last ep. Doh
I find this attitude really bizarre. There's nothing wrong with it (it's your time after all), but I have literally thousands of things I could be doing with my time. I can't stand watching an anime series if I didn't like the first two or three episodes (My Hime leaps to mind).

I guess, in other words, what I'm saying is, every second you're watching anime is a second you could be spending doing something else you like, why continue to watch something that you find no value in?
Old 2005-12-21, 12:48   Link #18
Desti-Fate
Now available in pink

Man, this show is brilliant. Been watching for a while and every episode seems better than the last, though I'm still only after the 4th episode. The whole thing just seems so relaxing and natural. I can't wait for a plot to begin to develop.
Hard to describe what I like about this, but it reminds me a lot of Kanon... which is refreshing after the likes of Shuffle. Lamune is a harem anime without any of the things that put me off the genre.

Real shame the series isn't longer- I'll have to get the game once my Japanese improves (maybe in a few years ).
Desti-Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 13:41   Link #19
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
(My Hime leaps to mind).
Are you seriously saying you dropped Mai HiME after only a few episodes? Wow. If that's the case, I don't really know what to say, other than it's one of the best series I've had the pleasure of viewing. Well, to each their own I guess.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 14:10   Link #20
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Are you seriously saying you dropped Mai HiME after only a few episodes? Wow. If that's the case, I don't really know what to say, other than it's one of the best series I've had the pleasure of viewing. Well, to each their own I guess.
Yup, that's what I'm saying. Though, in fairness to myself, I keep intending to watch it now that it's out completely. It just didn't do much for me, though a lot of people I usually get good advice from told me it picks up a little later on. I tried watching Mai Otome too, but couldn't get past the first episode of that.

This happens a lot to me though. I find the first couple episodes of most anime series to be the weakest, If I don't like it after an episode or two, then I wait until the series is completely out and try to watch it then. Occasionally that changes my impression (not usually, but sometimes), but usually I only do it for series that get a fair amount of good word of mouth (or generate a sequel, since I figure that means someone had to like it).

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation