AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-22, 09:05   Link #241
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Can't recognize the term.

I tried looking around the Google, and I'm coming up with hits regarding armored cars, engines and a cigarette brand. Maybe it's something related to term "mechanized" or something that would use engines/smoke?

Was there any original Japanese in there?

Also, about the translation: are you going for a more literal one, or "stylized" - by that I mean making some slight changes that allow for a more smooth read, but aren't an exact 100% translation.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 09:31   Link #242
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

No Japanese, its all in Russian.

I'm going for a mix, to keep the proper feel without losing the meaning. Something like what you said.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 21:52   Link #243
LeoXiao
思想工作

Oh if there are German issues that come up I can address those.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 00:15   Link #244
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Oh if there are German issues that come up I can address those.
Oh! Than can I ask you about some German-Japanish?
Uchida Hiroki sometimes used German wordings such as Achtung!
Sometimes I can`t understand what does he mean.
Here it is - kanji 幸運を祈る - thats to "wish well". But above is furigana in katakana - フイール ・グリツク . That must be the same meaning in German, but I cant remember popular German wishes that heard as Fuiru-Guritsuku.
May be you can say?
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 01:04   Link #245
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Hi Timsel,

A kind soul has let me know that "フイール ・グリツク" it's most probably "Viel Glück". Which means Good Luck.

Just to check, can you let me know what the Kanji or katakana is for this term I highlighted for the first page? gèdèrovskih(гэдэровских) Thanks!

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:09   Link #246
LeoXiao
思想工作

Yeah, Viel Glück is what that must be. I think the Japanese version means "to pray for luck" based on the kanji.
Old 2013-04-23, 01:56   Link #247
Timsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Hi Timsel,

A kind soul has let me know that "フイール ・グリツク" it's most probably "Viel Glück". Which means Good Luck.
Ah, that`s it! Thank you very much.

Quote:
Just to check, can you let me know what the Kanji or katakana is for this term I highlighted for the first page? gèdèrovskih(гэдэровских) Thanks!
Don`t mind, I only wanted Kate`s language wasn`t be so formal. Original wording is simple as I say it the table "May be, this is DDR tactical fighters base?.."
Here it is: 「もしかして、東ドイツの戦術機基地……」

Hmm, it seems that my comment in googe doc wasn`t saved. I hadn`t worked with google docs before, so can you say, please, how to save my comments there?
Timsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-23, 02:13   Link #248
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timsel View Post
Ah, that`s it! Thank you very much.

Don`t mind, I only wanted Kate`s language wasn`t be so formal. Original wording is simple as I say it the table "May be, this is DDR tactical fighters base?.."
Here it is: 「もしかして、東ドイツの戦術機基地……」

Hmm, it seems that my comment in googe doc wasn`t saved. I hadn`t worked with google docs before, so can you say, please, how to save my comments there?
Got it, thanks! So thats literaly "East German Army TSF base"

Hmm, google docs should autosave the comments as soon as you click on another cell. there is a status notice at the top center part telling you if it was saved. Can you try to leave a comment beside mine on the second tab?

Old 2013-04-26, 11:18   Link #249
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Hi guys, can someone help me to get the german for this sentence? Its for page 3 of chapter 2, thanks!
"Good day, friend, now we can finally speak in our mother tongue"
Is this machine good enough?
"Guter Tag, Freund, jetzt können wir schließlich in unserer Muttersprache sprechen"

Old 2013-04-27, 00:56   Link #250
LeoXiao
思想工作

Should be "Guten Tag" and not "Guter Tag", "auf unserer Muttersprache sprechen" and not "in unserer", and the usage of "Freund" seems slightly weird (if it were me I would just get rid of it) but then again I'm not a native speaker so I can't be sure. Otherwise seems good and the English is fine.
Old 2013-04-27, 09:44   Link #251
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Ok, thanks. I'll make the change to Guten, but does it have the same meaning as 'Good Day'? I get Good afternoon when i translate to English. the 'auf unserer Muttersprache sprechen' is the speak in mother tongue part right? I get 'speak on' when i translate with auf unserer.

Old 2013-04-27, 14:07   Link #252
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Ok, thanks. I'll make the change to Guten, but does it have the same meaning as 'Good Day'? I get Good afternoon when i translate to English. the 'auf unserer Muttersprache sprechen' is the speak in mother tongue part right? I get 'speak on' when i translate with auf unserer.
In German, you always say either "Guten Tag" or "Guten Morgen". The "-en" ending makes the "Tag" or "Morgen" into a direct object, which in turn makes the phrase into a greeting. There is no difference in English but German has it. It's kind of like saying "have a good day" versus simply "good day", if that makes any sense.

"Auf" does mean "on", but that's just the way it is done. Different languages use prepositions differently.
Old 2013-04-27, 22:58   Link #253
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Got it, thanks again for the explanation. Pg 3 is up for reviewing.

Old 2013-05-21, 23:11   Link #254
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Hey Hey Hey!!! I finally found out what the deal with chap 18 scene where Theodor waku up finding Irisdine next to him men!!!! Apparently its like this:
Spoiler for True:
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 23:57   Link #255
Crazy'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Should be "Guten Tag" and not "Guter Tag", "auf unserer Muttersprache sprechen" and not "in unserer", and the usage of "Freund" seems slightly weird (if it were me I would just get rid of it) but then again I'm not a native speaker so I can't be sure. Otherwise seems good and the English is fine.
It's "in unserer Muttersprache sprechen", you only use "auf" in "auf deutsch sprechen".
Crazy'O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 00:33   Link #256
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Hey Hey Hey!!! I finally found out what the deal with chap 18 scene where Theodor waku up finding Irisdine next to him.
Man, that was a disappointment. We get a glimpse of Carnelian's specialty, and then we get the rug pulled out from under us. This would be hilarious to see in an anime adaptation of Schwarzesmarken, though.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 02:49   Link #257
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy'O View Post
It's "in unserer Muttersprache sprechen", you only use "auf" in "auf deutsch sprechen".
Ah, my mistake. Haven't actively used my German in years.
Old 2013-05-22, 03:46   Link #258
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Quote:
Hey Hey Hey!!! I finally found out what the deal with chap 18 scene where Theodor waku up finding Irisdine next to him men!!!! Apparently its like this:
Spoiler for True:
My dreams, they have been shattered.
But to be fair, it did look fishy for Irisdina to pull something like this.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 18:26   Link #259
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
My dreams, they have been shattered.
But to be fair, it did look fishy for Irisdina to pull something like this.
Didn't she pull Theodor's face into her chest in the first volume? This would have been an "upgrade" to that.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 22:28   Link #260
black knight iust
spirit 1
*IT Support

Quote:
Spoiler for True:
sigh damn i thought he mighta slept with her