AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-09, 05:21   Link #21
KudoShinichi13

Q. In the Death Note Anime -- Is there a reason behind the way Light's eyes change colors? They go from brown to red at times, as if possessed.
Old 2006-11-09, 05:39   Link #22
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

A. Just moody art direction. He's not really possessed. Well, I guess you could say that he is possessed of a ferver to change the world...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-10, 06:21   Link #23
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

watari is te man in black suit right working with L

q) is he a human? [cos he sits there in the police station 24/7 and didnt move]

2) wat role did he played in the series other than helping L
Old 2006-11-17, 15:44   Link #24
Mashimaro
q8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
watari is te man in black suit right working with L

q) is he a human? [cos he sits there in the police station 24/7 and didnt move]

2) wat role did he played in the series other than helping L

1) Yes

2) He's the human doraemon
Old 2006-11-18, 13:06   Link #25
Seras

q) the death note says if a human uses the book, he/she cannot go to heaven or hell. what happens to the user then? if that statement is true, then in the death note universe there is a heaven and hell?
Old 2006-11-18, 13:24   Link #26
myopius

A)

Seras, it's not clear from the context of the anime what Ryuk meant, and so it's supposed to be interpreted subjectively by the viewers. For that reason, I really don't think you should ask it, to enjoy the series fully.

However, if you still want a more definite answer,
Spoiler:

So yeah, if you just asked this question because you thought you were missing something, don't worry, you weren't.
Old 2006-11-19, 10:55   Link #27
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
There is an extra Vol. 13 coming out, in which L's real name will supposedly be revealed.
So is the manga going to end at vol. 13 or vol. 12., officially? Is vol. 13 just a side story which does not affect the main story or is it the "true" ending, like most of TV series is doing now?
Old 2006-11-19, 11:41   Link #28
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
So is the manga going to end at vol. 13 or vol. 12., officially? Is vol. 13 just a side story which does not affect the main story or is it the "true" ending, like most of TV series is doing now?
Vol 13 is more of a data book full of information on the characters and whatnot than part of the story. So the end of the plot really is volume 12.
Old 2006-11-19, 11:59   Link #29
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I hear that there's a brief epilogue in volume 13, though I haven't gotten my copy yet and can't verify this in person. Apparently it involves

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-19, 15:21   Link #30
Salahuddin
Zechs is secks

Multiple Casualties?

One thing that doesn't make sense to me is that most names have at least one or two people using them in the world, at least. So when he writes down "John Smith," shouldn't 50 people be dying, rather than just the person Light has in mind?
Old 2006-11-19, 15:31   Link #31
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salahuddin View Post
One thing that doesn't make sense to me is that most names have at least one or two people using them in the world, at least. So when he writes down "John Smith," shouldn't 50 people be dying, rather than just the person Light has in mind?
He has to visualize who he's killing.
Old 2006-11-19, 17:40   Link #32
hikaki tai

what is it about

what is death note about?
Old 2006-11-19, 18:17   Link #33
myopius

hikaki tai,

"Death Note" is set in the year 2003 in Japan (present-day, when the story was written). In this anime, shinigami (death gods / reapers) exist, and they possess "death notes" which are notebooks where if you write a person's name, they die. The plot is that one of these comes into the possession of a human, and describes what he chooses to do with it, and all that follows. It's a suspenseful horror drama, of sorts, and full of secrecy and elaborate plots, but is also classified as "shounen".

AniDB's description is more detailed, but spoils the premise, which is only established in the first two episodes, so I just thought I might give you that more vague description.

Spoiler for AniDB Description:
Old 2006-11-20, 18:02   Link #34
division
x/0

Spoiler for Eyes:

Spoiler for Revision:

Spoiler for Cheating?:
Old 2006-11-22, 23:18   Link #35
myopius

BTW, for the cautious, none of these spoilers are for beyond episode 3 in the anime, unless otherwise noted (there are spoilers within spoilers for the manga):

division,

A )

Spoiler for Eyes / Episode 3:

Spoiler for Revision:

Spoiler for Cheating?:
Old 2006-11-23, 09:30   Link #36
Misutaki

Q. Why do I hear some people calling him Raito, and some Light...is just because Light sounds a lot like Raito (in Japanese...), or is it the way it's spelled, or...? Because in the manga, at least in my scanslations, it switches from Raito to Light on me.
Old 2006-11-24, 00:50   Link #37
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

A. In the manga the japanese characters used for his name are ambiguous as to how they should be written in English. Literally they are closer to "Raito" since the Japanese have no way of actually writing "Light." However at one point in the manga the English spelling of "Light" was used for his name (I think on jacket art) and after that it was accepted that his name was Light.

The scanlations changed from Raito to Light as soon as the manga volume with the English spelling appeared. They had a tl note in that chapter to explain the change. It had more detail than my fading memory, but I can't look it up for you.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-25, 23:51   Link #38
Lunchbox

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-26, 01:26   Link #39
StrawHatLuffy
L Lawliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchbox View Post
Spoiler for title:
Spoiler for Short Reply:

Spoiler for More Spoilers though...:
Old 2006-11-27, 22:58   Link #40
defrule

Q. In the details of the death, can he describe false things? Say a person dies by a car crash, can he add a mark on the victims neck to indicate strangling?
Closed Thread

Tags
childhood, deathnote, history, lawliet, past