AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-12-18, 06:30   Link #41
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
I bought some volumes of the manga on this weekend because of the anime so my collection is currently 3, 4, and 6. I reaaaaally need 7 now.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 06:49   Link #42
Hesquidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury589 View Post
I know, I couldn't believe it after I read that story. I mean most of the spoilers aren't really explained so I am not 100% positive on all of it especially the dream part, but the first sentence sentence she does explain. While her fanfic is pretty good, it still does reveal a lot of the story.

Score!!!!!
Hesquidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 14:46   Link #43
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Great Im starting to drive myself crazy again...

Spoiler for more crazy stuff about Naru:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 15:58   Link #44
LKK

Your desire for theories is understandable although a little vague in terms of what you want to talk about, Manju. Why not post some of your specific questions and ask for theories? Even with the spoiler knowledge we have, there is a whole lot that we don't know. If we answer everything as if they're theories and combine theories with factual knowledge but not say which is which would that be okay?

Or you could just put yourself out of your misery, give up the ghost (pun intended), and read the spoiler box or pm me.

But even if you read the spoiler box, you'll still have plenty of questions. I know I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffo View Post
I bought some volumes of the manga on this weekend because of the anime so my collection is currently 3, 4, and 6. I reaaaaally need 7 now.
Your volume 6, is that the English Del Rey publication? Are you saying it's out already?
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 16:23   Link #45
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Your desire for theories is understandable although a little vague in terms of what you want to talk about, Manju. Why not post some of your specific questions and ask for theories? Even with the spoiler knowledge we have, there is a whole lot that we don't know. If we answer everything as if they're theories and combine theories with factual knowledge but not say which is which would that be okay?
I know Im being vague I dont mind thoeries being based on actual knowledge since I know you guys know more then me. I just dont want someone out right saying "Naru is...." (fill in blank with any number of questions you might have about him) Im sure once I read vol 6 Ill have pently more questions again

Any major questions I have at this point really cant be answered w/o someone spoiling it for me since deep down I do want specifics but Id rather find them out over time (yes I know Im insane)

one thing I do want to know
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
Or you could just put yourself out of your misery, give up the ghost (pun intended), and read the spoiler box or pm me.
ZOMG dont tempt me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK
Your volume 6, is that the English Del Rey publication? Are you saying it's out already?
What I found out today is 6 is avaible online through some media outlets but its not in stores yet. So Im wondering where waffo got it
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-18, 16:38   Link #46
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
one thing I do want to know
Spoiler:
A direct answer to a direct question ...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-18, 16:56   Link #47
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
A direct answer to a direct question ...
Spoiler:

OK thats what I figured
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-18, 18:21   Link #48
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
Yup, Del Rey's version. I just got it at Waldenbooks yesterday. I was pretty surprised that it came out so early but I'm not complaining.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-18, 18:52   Link #49
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Yup, Del Rey's version. I just got it at Waldenbooks yesterday. I was pretty surprised that it came out so early but I'm not complaining.
O___O

Omg Im actually shaking, Im going to Walden tomorrow!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-18, 21:44   Link #50
LKK

Quote:
Lucky you! I was at a Waldens yesterday. I looked. (Of course, I looked for it! Did you think I wouldn't? LOL) But it wasn't in. Unfortunately, that store is too far to make a casual jaunt to. I'll have to depend on stores closer to home.
Old 2006-12-19, 02:23   Link #51
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Welcome back to Manju's half-baked Ghost Hunt discussion obession! OK something I noticed a few days ago but forgot to post and Im not tagging cuz its not a huge deal.

Anyone else notice that in vol 3, Monk-san is wearing a shirt near the end of the vol it has a 4 leaf clover on it (he also wears it in the anime). Now in the anime there is no writing on it but there is in the manga. But the writing changes each time they show it. First it says "been as not as" then when they show him again it says "the dragon" and then in the next panel it says "again cash"
Im lost as to this having any meaning but still it confuses me. Just something I noticed.

This Im gonna tag since its a potential spoiler to ppl who havent seen 7 or 10
Spoiler:
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2006-12-19 at 02:49.
Old 2006-12-19, 09:11   Link #52
LKK

Quote:
Im lost as to this having any meaning but still it confuses me. Just something I noticed.
I noticed the shirt messages changing too. At the moment, I chalk it up to the mangaka having some fun with us. Playing mind games or something. I haven't thought about it much to be honest. Random words -- especially random English words -- are often used as decoration in manga. The words don't have any purpose other than decorative in those cases. So I figured the shirt messages were along those lines. I wonder if the messages were in English in the original Japanese version?

Quote:
This Im gonna tag since its a potential spoiler to ppl who havent seen 7 or 10
Spoiler:
My thoughts
Spoiler for episodes 7 & 10:
Old 2006-12-19, 09:23   Link #53
Hesquidor

Right more theory time. I am basing this around the large spoiler earlier.

Spoiler:
Hesquidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 14:49   Link #54
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:

My thoughts
Spoiler for episodes 7 & 10:
Spoiler for replying to this:

Sadly I went to Walden today and they did not have vol 6
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2006-12-20 at 01:25.
Old 2006-12-21, 09:14   Link #55
LKK

Earlier, Manju asked me what I thought of the look Naru gives Mai at the end of volume 5. I didn't have a firm opinion at the time. Now I do.

Spoiler for conversation leading up to the look:

I guess that look over his shoulder could be an "I like to tease you" look. It could even be an "I like you" look. But neither feels right to me. I think the look is a "You just proved my point" look. The image of Naru feels too sad and disappointed to me for it to be either of the other looks.

Plus, Mai did just prove Naru's point. She automatically assumed the worst of him after his comment. What he said may not have been what people are socially conditioned to say at that moment. But that doesn't mean he met anything offensive about it either. If you think about Mai's personality, Naru is right. She's demonstrated his observation several times. And I think she did it again just then.
Old 2006-12-21, 12:52   Link #56
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Earlier, Manju asked me what I thought of the look Naru gives Mai at the end of volume 5. I didn't have a firm opinion at the time. Now I do.

Spoiler for conversation leading up to the look:

I guess that look over his shoulder could be an "I like to tease you" look. It could even be an "I like you" look. But neither feels right to me. I think the look is a "You just proved my point" look. The image of Naru feels too sad and disappointed to me for it to be either of the other looks.

Plus, Mai did just prove Naru's point. She automatically assumed the worst of him after his comment. What he said may not have been what people are socially conditioned to say at that moment. But that doesn't mean he met anything offensive about it either. If you think about Mai's personality, Naru is right. She's demonstrated his observation several times. And I think she did it again just then.
Oh nice! My brain-dead reasoning of late didnt even think of that. I dont even know what I thought he was doing (which is the reason I asked your opinion )
But that makes total sense she did prove his point. Man I hope they animate that scene
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-21, 17:10   Link #57
Starkle
hmm, sleep..............

Quote:
Yay more manga readers!

Spoiler for more about that:
Spoiler:

happiness, I think I am figuring out how to use this to. I just spent the last several minutes trying to figure out the spoiler box, so I don't know if the message above counts as one, I just wanted to figure it out. he he

Last edited by Starkle; 2006-12-21 at 17:51.
Starkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-21, 19:11   Link #58
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkle View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for answering:

and yes your above post does kinda require tags since it hasnt been shown in the sub yet. so you did the right thing.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-12-21, 20:28   Link #59
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starkle View Post
Spoiler:
That's a very good question. It seems to be a contradiction within the story. And that may be the answer. The novelist made a mistake. However, there's also another possibility.

Spoiler:

I developed this theory just tonight. It may need refining. Feel free to poke holes in it. In fact, you find holes in my logic, please poke at them. This is a question that definitely needs explanation.

Last edited by LKK; 2006-12-21 at 20:55.
Old 2006-12-21, 21:13   Link #60
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
That's a very good question. It seems to be a contradiction within the story. And that may be the answer. The novelist made a mistake. However, there's also another possibility.

Spoiler:

I developed this theory just tonight. It may need refining. Feel free to poke holes in it. In fact, you find holes in my logic, please poke at them. This is a question that definitely needs explanation.
~Look's for places to poke~ hmmmm

Spoiler:

Gah my reasoning skills are dropping
~tries to sit like L~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Tags
shoujo