Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-04-14, 14:58   Link #861
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekin View Post
there is something i have been thinking about. we might be looking at this in the wrong way
Spoiler for vol 7:
So, you're proposing that the ones that kidnapped ichika was actually Phantom task?

I am starting to think that Phantom task is a pro-feminist mercenary group that will jack ISes if the bid was high enough, that's the impression i am getting. The reason I think this is because there seems to be a lack of a international crackdown of PT, which means that there will be some links between the international community and the organisation.

Was it said that Tatenashi was hurt by someone by PT?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 15:42   Link #862
Javiersansano

But it seems that phantom task as been around since the end of WWII, so, or the original purpose has been forgotten, or the purpose is much more complicated
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-14, 19:29   Link #863
falcolobo
The Third Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
So, you're proposing that the ones that kidnapped ichika was actually Phantom task?

I am starting to think that Phantom task is a pro-feminist mercenary group that will jack ISes if the bid was high enough, that's the impression i am getting. The reason I think this is because there seems to be a lack of a international crackdown of PT, which means that there will be some links between the international community and the organisation.

Was it said that Tatenashi was hurt by someone by PT?
Hmm...going back to what I said about my two theories of why Ichika can pilot, that might actually fit into the plot.

For all we care about, Phantom Task could have known that Ichika had potential to be an IS pilot, and wanted him out of the picture early?

And Tabane...she could have been apart of Phantom Task, and then quit after being hurt by that certain "someone"

This is exactly why the author should have more plot. I mean 7 books in, and we only vaguely know about the plot. Technically the plot of the book started around volume 4. So he was fooling around in the first three volumes.

Why couldn't he be like the author of Index? I know that he' sick and all, but isn't that even more of an incentive to give to the readers as much plot as possible?
Old 2011-04-15, 01:00   Link #864
ZeKeR
Superbad

... And then, another one falls into Ichika's ever growing harem. *insert Handel's Hallelujah*
Old 2011-04-15, 01:23   Link #865
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ah. I see, thanks. As I've done translating for fansubs back in the day, I don't think it would be hard for me. And I've got a good place to start, it's only a matter of my already convoluted schedule
translating anime/manga and LNs are very different. I've done some translations for some variety shows before for fun and for my friends. because the former is all dialog and aside from specific cultural references and terminology specific to the story, it's relatively easier if one has a good vocab library and good grammar foundation and already used to listening to the language. non-dialog sentences in LN are more taxing, because they are put together in a way which will never be used in speech, and a lot more thinking is needed to create the English equivalent. even if they are light novels, they are still a work of literature. though you will be very welcome to try, since we are in short supply of LN translators, as usual.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 04:50   Link #866
HasuMasu
*Artist

i has noticed people are disappoint with manga drawing style

why is?

all joking aside though, i found the manga drawings to be much to my liking, i will enumerate some reasons:

1. ichika looks manly-er, atleast, there is no way i'd think of him as an idiot, this is an improvement

2. houki looks...what, how can i describe it, err...dark? dangerous? but somewhat cute? totally my type? who knows

3. cecy looks...okay i admit this one was odd

4. chifuyu looks...younger? i like it, she actually looks the sister role

5. yamada is well, same as chifuyu she looks younger, i like this better

6. rin looks the same...wth

on another note i wish the mangas would come faster...they rock
Old 2011-04-17, 07:04   Link #867
Ypocaramel

So I was reading the just-uploaded Vol6 Chapter 3 parts and...

Spoiler for Volume 6 Chapter 3, Ichika, Houki:
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 22:37   Link #868
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
translating anime/manga and LNs are very different.
Yeah, it sure is different. I still can't forget my first shot at manga translating, which is actually a great (funny) story.

On IRC in a manga scanlator channel
-mangatron: so guys, I thought about giving a hand to the manga translation scene, any pointers for what it takes?

*discussion about tools, methods and experience*

-mangatron: Aha, I see. So, I got this random page here that I wanted to practice with, but I'm SOL. What gives?

-translator: upload it so I can check

*uploads page*

-translator: that's chinese LOL

-mangatron: ....

-mangatron: LOL

Thus began my first hard lesson of text translation (though I understand even manga is different from a novel) I had to start somewhere, and I think starting with I.S. is a bit easier for me to go in with a series I'm a little familiar with than me trying a novel I never heard of before. At least if I run into a technical term, I'd know it's IS related and not the next best cooking recipe
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-17, 23:47   Link #869
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

We're always glad with any additional translator, even if it's his/her first time translator ^_^. Heck, even I think my English is not qualified to become a Japanese-English translator to be honest, but I think I did decently(this is just what I think though, since I don't get any feedback at all on my English. I don't think I even know whether people here enjoys my translation, or think that it's just a pile of crap worse than a machine translation XD).

If you have any question, I'll always be happy to help you. It's lonely translating a series alone without anyone to discuss with XD. Anyway, anytime you want to start to translate at B-T, just register at the wiki and register which chapter you want to do ^_^.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 01:47   Link #870
Ypocaramel

You're doing alright. You get the point across just fine I think, but there's a few things you could do better I think. At your stage it's just a matter of reading more English works and having more pratice. Do you want feedback on your translations?
Old 2011-04-18, 02:12   Link #871
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I always want feedback on my translation. I left small grammatical mistake and punctuation on my editor because that one is not that big of a matter that change the meaning. My main problem right now is diction and the awkwardness of the sentence(like sometimes it's necessary to divide a sentence into 2 because it's too long, and vice versa). This is the one I need feedback on most, especially from English native user, because sometimes some words are just feels not right to be used at the time even though the literal meaning make sense, and this can only be known by people who use English in their daily life.
Old 2011-04-18, 03:52   Link #872
Ypocaramel

Yes, I know what you mean. I'd be willing to give feedback starting May after my law finals, via e-mail, or PM, or whatever channel is appropriate for you.
Old 2011-04-18, 04:46   Link #873
Flere821
Lurker

*waves* hello people, I've just finished reading the Infinite Stratos LNs in Chinese (up to Vol6) and need a place to discuss them. I'll try and put all spoilers under tags (just recently got in trouble with mods on them, so decided to be more careful) - or is spoilers not allowed here?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 05:18   Link #874
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

We've been talking about spoilers all along XD. Just discuss away under spoiler tag ^_^. BTW, still waiting for vol 7. Wonder how good the enemy will be to
Spoiler for vol 7:
Old 2011-04-18, 05:21   Link #875
justpassingby

^^ Hello
Quoting from other novel thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Infinite Stratos anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.
  • Any form of spoiler from the Infinite Stratos light novel or manga. Clearly marked Spoiler tags required.

Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Though if you ask me, people coming to this thread should expect info from the books, I don't see any clear reason to spoiler-tagged it . You might want to use spoiler tags if your posts are getting longer. Also, apply spoiler tags when you want to tell spoilers from other media (game, manga, drama cd etc) or other anime/movies

Hmm, it looks like reviews from Amazon jp for vol 07 are not that favorable, but I have to read it by myself first. According to this review,
Spoiler for lol:
Old 2011-04-18, 06:07   Link #876
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^^ Hello
Quoting from other novel thread

Though if you ask me, people coming to this thread should expect info from the books, I don't see any clear reason to spoiler-tagged it . You might want to use spoiler tags if your posts are getting longer. Also, apply spoiler tags when you want to tell spoilers from other media (game, manga, drama cd etc) or other anime/movies

Hmm, it looks like reviews from Amazon jp for vol 07 are not that favorable, but I have to read it by myself first. According to this review,
Spoiler for lol:
Spoiler for actually:

Last edited by Javiersansano; 2011-04-18 at 08:09. Reason: lacking info
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-18, 06:09   Link #877
Ypocaramel

I'll keep this one tagged, since it's about Volume 7.

Spoiler for lol, Novel 7:

hmm... any news on the Chinese translations, I heard there was some litigation there. Though if it's in the PRC litigation would take years, probably better to take it out to arbitration or mediation if they can't settle it.
Old 2011-04-18, 06:16   Link #878
justpassingby

Spoiler for Kenran Butou...I read from wiki and other sites:

The crossbow thing comes from Japanese wiki
Old 2011-04-18, 07:09   Link #879
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Lol. Make Houki overpowered, and then, bam, she become the last boss Well, anyway, gonna take any spoiler with a grain of salt till I read it myself, but if Houki is indeed become that overpowered, the other need to get stronger fast or my wild speculation will come true sooner or later

Edit : Just got a bad news. My local Kinokuniya told me today that vol 7 is sold out already so I can't order it anymore. Well, that means I have to wait for a some more book before I buy from amazon.jp so, it gonna took a while before buy this.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2011-04-18 at 08:53.
Old 2011-04-18, 09:05   Link #880
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Spoiler for actually:
Wait, why must 00? =.= You need to go haxer.
Spoiler for Almost reaching the realm of God....:

I think Akatsubaki and Byaku Shiki are portions of a grand scheme ....and in the end no one will give a f**k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Lol. Make Houki overpowered, and then, bam, she become the last boss Well, anyway, gonna take any spoiler with a grain of salt till I read it myself, but if Houki is indeed become that overpowered, the other need to get stronger fast or my wild speculation will come true sooner or later
Hmm, my theory is Tabane is a Jade Rabbit and she has a base at Oceanus Procellarum. Yes, just throwing random BS theory while waiting for my copy to arrive
Can someone refresh me about the Shinonono's folks?

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen