AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 09:35   Link #4401
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Probably my best showing using the Comet... ever. Hills are your friends!

Spoiler for Whee~:

Note how it took freaking forever to kill the Tiger P.
Old 2013-03-27, 09:42   Link #4402
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Yeah, I saw a similar story about this a couple of days ago on the WoT forums. The more interesting tidbits are the idea of a JagdPzMAUS!
That's pretty common knowledge for those that do research. Check this thread.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 10:28   Link #4403
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

You know the theory about how to play the T20? Flank, shoot, run, hide, flank, shoot, run, hide, and never go head to head?

I thought that was bullshit. I thought, "how the **** are you going to apply that on a losing situation? They're going to overwhelm me, they're going to see a crunchy target, and I'm going to die."

Well, occasionally it works. I should have captured it on video, it was as perfect a T20 game as it gets. I did everything I was supposed to do as a T20. Mastery badge and highest experience, and the sniper medal is proof -- in a T20 with its slow 90mm gun, every shot does just that much more to save your team.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Here's how this little classic went:
  • The map is the small Widepark map, the one with the large northeast lake and with the rail line cutting the map into north and south. We were the south side.
  • The team largely went west. I went east.
  • I did the classic medium tank trolling on the rail line, using the heightened rail ground to run around seeking opportunities. Wasn't very useful, really, except delaying the enemy advance on the east by my very presence. I got only one shot in. My teammates in the east fell one by one.
  • The situation turned critical as the enemy finally gathered courage (and did enough damage) to try to make a center breakthrough. The west was under heavy fighting. We had about half the team alive, while the enemy was still very strong. I thought the game was lost.
  • I delivered some shots on the charging force, then ran the hell back into cover -- this is south side, so plenty of city to hide. My VK ally at the center had to hold ground alone -- I saved him when I shot an enemy that was flanking him. Hope!
  • We pushed west to rescue our battling teammates. I delivered very satisfying flank shots after flank shots, with the enemy too busy to target me. This is where T20 really tipped the scale. Enemy heavyweights fell under our remaining team's combined firepower.
  • In the meantime, the last of our teammates east lost to the enemy TD assault (our clanmate clearmedium was one of the TD's)
  • With the west battle victorious, the four surviving tanks turned east and took down the TD's. I shot clanmate clearmedium remorselessly (), then the team surrounds, tracks, and annihilate the dangerous Jagdtiger 8.8 cm. Comeback victory; brofist.

So what's the lesson?
  • T20 doesn't hold ground. My running the hell away from the eastern and center attacks saved the game, because I lived to deliver most of the damage after. I should run more, if things get bad.
  • T20 gun is effective, but slow. Every shot counts. If I missed one shot to save the VK, both of us would fall and we would have lost. I should aim to...aim better. I will not always be able to flank like this.
  • T20 is deadly against distracted enemies. I put in most of my damage while the enemy was brawling our other fighters. I should be more cowardly, but not campy. It's not my job to brawl.
  • T20 is fast, but it's not for circle-strafing. The speed was brilliant for "tactical redeployment" from one flank to another, allowing me to appear where I was most needed, but I wouldn't have survived trying to circle-strafe anyone. I should keep moving and never stop.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:30   Link #4404
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by for the record
- it's possible the new German medium branch will not start from the VK3002DB after all, but with VK2801 and the recon Panther - if that happens, SerB states there will be no compensations for VK3002DB XP many people collected for the Indienpanzer.

Old 2013-03-27, 11:33   Link #4405
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

My intention to grind the Leopard I is now placed in doubt...

Then again, I haven't started it... HAH!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:34   Link #4406
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

phew luckily i haven't reach VKDB yet

but i doubt it thought. VK28 -> Indienpanzer will be jaring as hell

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:41   Link #4407
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh man, that's definitely going to piss off a lot of people. Also, the VK 2801? Really?
Old 2013-03-27, 11:44   Link #4408
Sumeragi
Banned

As someone had mentioned several times in the WoT forums: It's probably just SerB trolling after having the same question asked dozens of times.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:45   Link #4409
Blaat

I hope so I'm currently sitting on 55k research points with my DB. :\ If it's going to be true I guess I'll continue with my original plan: getting the panther.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:46   Link #4410
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
As someone had mentioned several times in the WoT forums: It's probably just SerB trolling after having the same question asked dozens of times.
Yeah, but it was hilarious!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2013-03-27, 11:48   Link #4411
Gravitas Free Zone

Heh, at least I already have both tanks, though they don't get used very much beyond the daily double... and right now I'm just using them for accelerated crew training... because of wacky WG bleep like this.

The discussion of where the Leopard 1 branch will grow from sounds related to the larger potential juggling that moves the VK3601H into the heavy line and moves the VK3002DB down to Tier 6... which would leave a gap at Tier 7, the Indienpanzer at Tier 8, the Leopard prototype at Tier 9, and the Leopard 1 at Tier 10. Going VK2801 to Indienpanzer doesn't leave a gap... but means that getting to the Leopard will require playing something that has a very strange play style.

Then again, there was the comment in one of the Weird Lowe WG forum threads about the tree also making no sense by having the Pz38nA lead to the PzIV.

Oh, and the 7000-series Lowe is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen in this game, and that's saying a lot.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:52   Link #4412
Sumeragi
Banned

VK 3002 (DB) is not moving to Tier VI. Tier VI will be the earlier version, VK 3001 (DB).
Old 2013-03-27, 12:40   Link #4413
Gravitas Free Zone

So very many similar German mediums...

On a related note, I continue pondering whether I should get a PzIVS TIE Fighter or the Panther/M10. I have the T-25 as a crew trainer and the Pz S35 as a silly low-tier tank and mild moneymaker/crew trainer. But another one would probably help down the line, whichever way the Leopard 1 scenario plays out.

Both tanks: The 75mm L/70, which I'm perfectly fine with, and at least can penetrate for low damage in its MM.
The PzIVS: Terrible horsepower/weight performance, thin hull, sees Tiers 6-8.
The Panther/M10: Short view range, lots of hit points, decent speed, sees Tiers 7 and 8. Supposed to have low repair costs.
Old 2013-03-27, 13:01   Link #4414
Tak

So according to this thread

The

Faillowe
M60
Object 907

Might not be tanks to be researched, but rather, unlocked by Clan Wars...

I am of course, quite interested in the M60. I think its a hint we should work harder to be Clan War capable as a clan.

WORK HARDER!!

- Tak

Old 2013-03-27, 13:06   Link #4415
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post

That me every day when i'm playing tier X.

anyways i'm about 60k left to go to unlock the tier 9 VK, also skipping that... straight for the Maus.
Old 2013-03-27, 13:09   Link #4416
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
So very many similar German mediums...

On a related note, I continue pondering whether I should get a PzIVS TIE Fighter or the Panther/M10. I have the T-25 as a crew trainer and the Pz S35 as a silly low-tier tank and mild moneymaker/crew trainer. But another one would probably help down the line, whichever way the Leopard 1 scenario plays out.

Both tanks: The 75mm L/70, which I'm perfectly fine with, and at least can penetrate for low damage in its MM.
The PzIVS: Terrible horsepower/weight performance, thin hull, sees Tiers 6-8.
The Panther/M10: Short view range, lots of hit points, decent speed, sees Tiers 7 and 8. Supposed to have low repair costs.
TIE Fighter??? wats star wars have to do wit WoT??? LOL
Old 2013-03-27, 13:11   Link #4417
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So according to this thread

The

Faillowe
M60
Object 907

Might not be tanks to be researched, but rather, unlocked by Clan Wars...

I am of course, quite interested in the M60. I think its a hint we should work harder to be Clan War capable as a clan.

WORK HARDER!!

- Tak
I want it to get a 240mm on M60 just for laughs. but if it replaces the E5 it would prolly get a 155mm.
Old 2013-03-27, 13:12   Link #4418
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
TIE Fighter??? wats star wars have to do wit WoT??? LOL
The Tie Fighter is the Tier 6 Panzer IV with the f**cked up turret.

- Tak

Old 2013-03-27, 14:51   Link #4419
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
That me every day when i'm playing tier X.
I had those reactions during my dailies today, crappy MM, plenty of penetrating 0 damage shots (three in row on my T32, costing my life) and then to top it all off: I was facing a 90hp Hellcat on a hill roughly less than 100m from my Type 58, so thinking it was an easy kill I shot at him. I missed and the shell flew under the hellcat (under a tank!) So after 5s I took another shot. Guess what? I missed and again it flew under the tank.
I had to recheck the replay to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I mean there's not much space under a tank so a shell flying under a tank two times in a row seems like a load of bull but nope it really happened.

An arty got the kill and hellcat did plenty of damage to me. I wasn't happy about that...
Old 2013-03-27, 15:16   Link #4420
Gravitas Free Zone

Platooning would probably help my problem today, which was people in fast tanks completely requests to reset the cap, leaving me in my KV-1 to turn around and trundle on back.

The worst instance of this was in Port versus a VK3001H, which avoided taking any damage by the simple expedient of driving around a container faster than I could.

There was an ARL V39 with me, who, at the time we noticed the cap of our base starting, decided to DRIVE TO THE ENEMY BASE. We were at the base of the bridge on our side of the west at the time.

Facepalm so hard.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks