AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 15:58   Link #5421
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

idk if lowe is a good tank anymore. i still can't seem to get a hang of it.

and with this event going on my WR drops to 53.9% maybe it wasn't worth logging in to play at all.
Old 2013-04-21, 16:07   Link #5422
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

It's gonna be a long road to getting the Sherman. I can't seem to even line up a shot with the M3 Lee without completely exposing myself. I really wish I could just quit the game entirely at this point but it's just too damn addictive even while I'm terrible at it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:18   Link #5423
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
It's gonna be a long road to getting the Sherman. I can't seem to even line up a shot with the M3 Lee without completely exposing myself. I really wish I could just quit the game entirely at this point but it's just too damn addictive even while I'm terrible at it.
well it worth the grind to get teh M4, but right now since the event for 2x xp for crew and 50% off prem rounds, everyone is prolly using prem rounds on everything or at least stocking up on rounds.

my wr drop .25% from where I was at 2 or 3 days ago, this event is worst than the 2nd anniversary crap they did.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:32   Link #5424
aldw

I take it as a personal challenge to get as far as possible using only the standard AP/HE rounds, since I'd rather reserve premium rounds for full Clan Wars battles.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 17:45   Link #5425
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Nout wrong with doing things the old fashion way, I don't use gold rounds at all.....ever....and I usually do alright. =E

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:07   Link #5426
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
I really wish I could just quit the game entirely at this point but it's just too damn addictive even while I'm terrible at it.
All of us start bad, but it really takes effort to rise above the rest. Believe me, going above 50% is a huge achievement in itself, and I've seen players that have 10k games to their name, but have NEVER gotten past even 45%.

Which is just awful, especially when you encounter said bad players on YOUR team in tier 9 battles. Which was extremely common these past two days, as Pen3, LX, and Touma can attest to.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:03   Link #5427
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
All of us start bad, but it really takes effort to rise above the rest. Believe me, going above 50% is a huge achievement in itself, and I've seen players that have 10k games to their name, but have NEVER gotten past even 45%.

Which is just awful, especially when you encounter said bad players on YOUR team in tier 9 battles. Which was extremely common these past two days, as Pen3, LX, and Touma can attest to.
Honestly I don't really care all that much about win rate. Mine has been going UP if anything, but even a 100% win rate would be completely meaningless to me if I didn't feel I'd sufficiently contributed to any of those wins. Being destroyed without ever getting a kill or at least providing a valuable distraction is what I hate most. If that battle goes on to be a win afterward I will still consider it a disastrous loss.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:15   Link #5428
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Honestly I don't really care all that much about win rate. Mine has been going UP if anything, but even a 100% win rate would be completely meaningless to me if I didn't feel I'd sufficiently contributed to any of those wins. Being destroyed without ever getting a kill or at least providing a valuable distraction is what I hate most. If that battle goes on to be a win afterward I will still consider it a disastrous loss.
The thing is, there's a difference between having a low win rate due to luck rather than skill (you can see these guys do the right stuff during battles, go to the expected places, and play their roles right), and then there are simply BAD bad. Like heavies without gun depression charging up the valley in Lakeville bad. The latter are the bane of random pubs, but altogether common in higher tier battles.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:23   Link #5429
Gravitas Free Zone

Like taking the KVs to the city in Fisherman's Bay like we should, and getting no backup? Yeah. That happens. A lot.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 20:27   Link #5430
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Like taking the KVs to the city in Fisherman's Bay like we should, and getting no backup? Yeah. That happens. A lot.
To be fair, that's what's expected anyway. The problem is when ONLY heavies head to the city, and the team composition is made up of mostly mediums who don't push the west field, plus the OTHER team has more heavies and were aggressive in pushing the city.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:34   Link #5431
Gravitas Free Zone

It was rather too lopsided in the one direction. And particularly questionable a choice in the first instance because both teams were SPG-heavy. Now, going south down the 2 line from the north has better cover for the northern team, but leaving no cover in the middle or the city... deaaaaaaath.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:33   Link #5432
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

you guys have yet to see full retard teams, especially in tier 10-12 matches. and i've seen plenty, at those tier games, it matters not what your win rate is, what matters is will you be able kill or pen anything and still be able to survive arty party trying to knock the crap out of you while you charge in or sit out in the open too long.

RWb doesn't need to worry about WR until he hits around tier 7 or 8, when it starts to matter. If you keep losing in those matches, it will take forever to climb past those tiers if your grinding.

as for me i never grind since i'll end up grinding free xp and free xp my way to tier Xs, like i did with the E5, E4, and Maus.

btw Q wants me to do a training session with the Maus and everyone else who wants to join, play tier 6s and try to kill me in my Maus. It sounds fun, although I don't want to be by myself, at least I want 2 others with me at tier X or IX and seal club a bunch of tier 6s.

i'll have Q set that up some time. we should do it during one of those event where teams go full retard like they do this weekend. It would be a great way to let loose some rage on ppl while having fun.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:38   Link #5433
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I doubt I will ever make it to tier 7-8, the jump between the experience needed for 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 has been enormous and despite being addictive I don't know how much time I can really dedicate to this.

I did manage to just have a decent game with the Lee though, it's not so excruciating when I actually get matched with people in my own tier unlike what seems to happen 90% of the time.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:53   Link #5434
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
I doubt I will ever make it to tier 7-8, the jump between the experience needed for 3 to 4 and 4 to 5 has been enormous and despite being addictive I don't know how much time I can really dedicate to this.

I did manage to just have a decent game with the Lee though, it's not so excruciating when I actually get matched with people in my own tier unlike what seems to happen 90% of the time.
there is nothing bad about the lee, besides the gun and turretlessness, but besides that, its a good tank. it wasn't until i tier 8 or so that i realized i the lee wasn't all that bad comparing it to the other tanks of its tier and some of the turretless tanks. if you asked me to rank it from 1-10, it would be around 6 or 7. cuz i know how to use the lee, i may not be an expert lee player, but i'm not ur casual player either.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:14   Link #5435
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Sometimes people see a platoon of KV-1S's and KV-2s and assume that they can do an entire flank on their own. By the way, are you Ute?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:18   Link #5436
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

One type of tank I can never play. That's the SPG, I literally have no idea how to play arty.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:48   Link #5437
Pen3

How do you take uncompressed screenshots of gameplay? When i use the Print Screen button it takes horrible quality shots.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:55   Link #5438
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
One type of tank I can never play. That's the SPG, I literally have no idea how to play arty.
Don't feel bad, 90% of the community doesn't know how to play it. The other 7% knows and still complain about how overpowered they are (which is ridiculous), and the other 3% knows and are always improving themselves.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 23:00   Link #5439
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Sometimes people see a platoon of KV-1S's and KV-2s and assume that they can do an entire flank on their own. By the way, are you Ute?
Yes. Because you were there.
Old 2013-04-21, 23:50   Link #5440
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Don't feel bad, 90% of the community doesn't know how to play it. The other 7% knows and still complain about how overpowered they are (which is ridiculous), and the other 3% knows and are always improving themselves.
One thing i can't play is a TD with turret. Might as well call it a fuking tank.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks