AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 19:42   Link #1
FlyMoto

Chapter 208 [Manga] Discussion

After the crash, i figure its best to keep going where we left off.
Synopsis:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-18, 21:54   Link #2
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Hmm, i think Hitsugaya's three petals have some secret powers...
Old 2005-12-18, 22:49   Link #3
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yes, Shinigamis LOSE LOSE LOSE. Vastrodes ftw.

Ichigo better get owned quick by Grimjoww. And then witness the awesomeness that is Hiyori and Ryuken to save their Shinigami ass.

Sadly, I think Illforte is destined to lose. Urahara and Yoruichi haven't even appeared yet while Ururu and Jinta clearly can't win.

Xiao Long Scissorhands.
Old 2005-12-18, 23:32   Link #4
AnbuItachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
Hmm, i think Hitsugaya's three petals have some secret powers...
doubt it. looks like hes at his limit basically. he's only still a kid so he has potential and all. after this batch of shinigamis are defeated, hopefully more captains come!
Old 2005-12-18, 23:58   Link #5
carb

i think it is only right that renji and hitsugaya lose, and also ichigo just to make things mroe consistent...

if we compare byakuya's bankai with either renji or hitsugaya, byakuya's knowledge of his bankai far exceeds that of both combined. While byakuya was transforming zenbonzakura, hitsugaya and renji were just swinging their bankais around.
Old 2005-12-19, 00:16   Link #6
Blaster

Time for Unohana to come down again. Inoue can't possibly heal them all. Perhaps we can see some Unohana action.
Old 2005-12-19, 00:22   Link #7
phlip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster
Time for Unohana to come down again. Inoue can't possibly heal them all. Perhaps we can see some Unohana action.
yes ~! .... maybe Hanatarou also come down too !
who know ~ maybe send other captain

and ......where @#$@###$&^%$ is Urahara ?

Poor Ururu-chan!
Old 2005-12-19, 00:36   Link #8
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlip
and ......where @#$@###$&^%$ is Urahara ?
He's more worried about Renji and SS confiscating his "illegal" goods rather than his own employees.

That bastard.
Old 2005-12-19, 01:25   Link #9
Dark`
The Terror of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by carb
if we compare byakuya's bankai with either renji or hitsugaya, byakuya's knowledge of his bankai far exceeds that of both combined. While byakuya was transforming zenbonzakura, hitsugaya and renji were just swinging their bankais around.
You must also take into account the time of which they've achieved Ban Kai, and the amount of reiatsu they have.

Hitsugaya, being a Captain, has obviously had a decent amount of time to work with his Ban Kai, which contrasts Renji's limited time with his Ban Kai. However, as mentioned in the chapter, Hitsugaya is still basically a kid (one wonders how spirits grow, but I digress) and thus, the amount of reiatsu he possesses is less than most others, one of which would be Kuchiki Byakuya. I'm not saying that his Ban Kai will rival Byakuya's in strength or anything when he gets older and more reiatsu...just that his Ban Kai will improve.

As for Renji, he may have the reiatsu to make good use of his Ban Kai, but he lacks experience. Remember, Yoruichi mentioned that it takes at least 10 years of training just in order to achieve Ban Kai...that's not even mentioning how long it takes to fully master it.

Basically, I'm just saying that Renji lacks experience/knowledge of his Ban Kai, and Hitsugaya lacks reiatsu in order to make proper use of his Ban Kai (I do hope it'll turn out to be more than just ice wings and an ice tail though). Kuchiki Byakuya of course has both in abundance, so it's not really fair to compare him with the other two (even though Hitsugaya is a Captain...)
Old 2005-12-19, 03:03   Link #10
gameoffreak8

Wait a minute, I am very quite confuse about rank.
Eduardo Leones #13, fighting with Ikkaku. He is killed by Ikkaku after the shinigami reveals his bankai
Diroi (D-Roy) - #16 Rukia and kills him with the shikai form of her zanpakutō
Shawlong Qu Fong - #11 beat easily Tōshirō Hitsugaya with shikai form
I noticed Ikkaku killed Leones who is #13. If he can do it then Renji should kill easily with Illforte is #15. I was very confuse with the rank.HELP!!!
Old 2005-12-19, 03:54   Link #11
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
It doesn't seem to be rank, but rather the number in which they were transformed into Arrancar.
Old 2005-12-19, 05:56   Link #12
carb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark`
You must also take into account the time of which they've achieved Ban Kai, and the amount of reiatsu they have.

Hitsugaya, being a Captain, has obviously had a decent amount of time to work with his Ban Kai, which contrasts Renji's limited time with his Ban Kai. However, as mentioned in the chapter, Hitsugaya is still basically a kid (one wonders how spirits grow, but I digress) and thus, the amount of reiatsu he possesses is less than most others, one of which would be Kuchiki Byakuya. I'm not saying that his Ban Kai will rival Byakuya's in strength or anything when he gets older and more reiatsu...just that his Ban Kai will improve.

As for Renji, he may have the reiatsu to make good use of his Ban Kai, but he lacks experience. Remember, Yoruichi mentioned that it takes at least 10 years of training just in order to achieve Ban Kai...that's not even mentioning how long it takes to fully master it.

Basically, I'm just saying that Renji lacks experience/knowledge of his Ban Kai, and Hitsugaya lacks reiatsu in order to make proper use of his Ban Kai (I do hope it'll turn out to be more than just ice wings and an ice tail though). Kuchiki Byakuya of course has both in abundance, so it's not really fair to compare him with the other two (even though Hitsugaya is a Captain...)
well that was exactly what i was trying to say ^_^ just goes to show that Hard work > talent.

the ichigo vs byakuya fight was made just so the authors could prove a point about society and its structures. which is why, i believe, they made ichigo win. But they did justice to byakuya, by not really letting ichigo win by himself, but rather with a lot of help from some1 else.
Old 2005-12-19, 06:08   Link #13
rtwesen

wait, is shawlong qu fong (sp?) fighting in the air? Since when could they fly
Old 2005-12-19, 06:16   Link #14
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtwesen
wait, is shawlong qu fong (sp?) fighting in the air? Since when could they fly
They CAN fly. They floated their way to meet Grimjoww.

Just because Di Roy said his specialty is air combat doesn't mean he's the only one that can fly. Heck, it seems that even Ikkaku can fly now.

That or he used his Bankai to turn himself into a human helicopter.
Old 2005-12-19, 06:48   Link #15
Zachariah

Actually, it's been said that they gather the spiritrons around them and focus them beneath themselves so as to quite literally walk on air. Just think of Ishida's quincy abilities and techniques and you can get the drift of it.
Old 2005-12-19, 07:51   Link #16
Novarain

Actually i'm hoping Renji actually wins a fight... for once...

After getting his ass kicked by Ichigo twice and getting utterly owned by Kuchiki Byakuya and Aizen i think it's about time some justice was done to Renji... after all he's at least VC and if i read 207 correctly he may be a captain soon...
Old 2005-12-19, 12:25   Link #17
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
It doesn't seem to be rank, but rather the number in which they were transformed into Arrancar.
So 20th would be the 20th transformation? Implying that Aizen got worse with using the Hou Gyouku as he went along? (contradicting what Isshin said about him being able to complete his studies and make stronger arrancar). Then there's the thing about getting the stronger Menos, I doubt they'd ally themselves with Aizen until he made some strong Arrancar otherwise it'd be pointless.

Or it could just be that Ikkaku at Bankai form is stronger than Renji (who barely attained it and is already low-Captain level maybe with it and Hitsugaya doesn't seem like that strong a Captain) at Bankai form... or Aizen knew exactly the amount of number of Arrancar he planned to create and went in reverse order.
Old 2005-12-19, 13:36   Link #18
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Yeah, the petal thinggy is quite strange. For one, if it were the countdown to the end of the ban kai, wouldn't it be stupid to show it to your opponent? Isn't it too convenient that the arrancar guessed when Hitsu doesn't confirm?

Most Hitsu fans love the theory that, like Ikkaku, the petal thing shows that the ban kai has to charge and at the last petal, Hitsu take another form (some say a full ice dragon (see the feet already?) other say a grown up body for a grown up power... many fantasies float lol) to kick his opponent.

Well I would have agreed with the countdown to the new form (especially because showing the end of the ban kai is really retarded) but the panel where Hitsu is, sorry but, Destroyed almost cancel any chance for him to come back.

And i'm quite disappointed because after two straight loss, we still have no idea what Hitsu's ban kai does...
Old 2005-12-19, 14:49   Link #19
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalman
Yeah, the petal thinggy is quite strange. For one, if it were the countdown to the end of the ban kai, wouldn't it be stupid to show it to your opponent? Isn't it too convenient that the arrancar guessed when Hitsu doesn't confirm?

Most Hitsu fans love the theory that, like Ikkaku, the petal thing shows that the ban kai has to charge and at the last petal, Hitsu take another form (some say a full ice dragon (see the feet already?) other say a grown up body for a grown up power... many fantasies float lol) to kick his opponent.

Well I would have agreed with the countdown to the new form (especially because showing the end of the ban kai is really retarded) but the panel where Hitsu is, sorry but, Destroyed almost cancel any chance for him to come back.

And i'm quite disappointed because after two straight loss, we still have no idea what Hitsu's ban kai does...
Yeah, that's pretty much my thoughts. I doubt the petals mean what the opponent guessed (1. It's stupid to show that to your opponent 2. Histugaya didn't respond...), but he lost anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
Old 2005-12-19, 16:40   Link #20
Scarlet

Who lost? Hitsugaya? He lost alot of blood but he's still in the fight.
Closed Thread