AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 109 Rating
Perfect 10 11 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 35.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.66%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-02, 12:15   Link #261
Nixl

I am assuming whatever is on Raki's back is probably a face. Why? At this point I am starting to think Raki will not become superhuman after all, but rather someone/something is going to use him as a gateway to escape the blob. The rods on Raki's arm are only outside connection to the blob/destroyer that has not yet been destroyed or run out of energy. Therefore, I do think Raki will play a very important role in how the blob concludes. Yes, Raki is pregnant.

I feel as though if it some sign or connection the DoDs is would be a really sudden shift shift.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:18   Link #262
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
I am assuming whatever is on Raki's back is probably a face. Why? At this point I am starting to think Raki will not become superhuman after all, but rather someone/something is going to use him as a gateway to escape the blob. Yes, Raki is pregnant.
lmao, are we talking about the same Raki?

In a serious note: yes I also have a feeling the story is moving towards DoD. As most of the enemies have been eliminated and the Ghosts heading for a final show down with the org... probability is quite high.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:20   Link #263
Ryus
The One Eyed King

@An4rchy99 Raki seems a secure enough an individual to not mind being chained up as he lets his girl(s) have there way with him. Thus driving her even more crazy for him.

Dae on the other hand will create countless Raki clones and use them to bring in females with Raki crushes into his lab, where he'll make them into sexy super weapons... after some unspecified evils. Then real Raki hearing about helpless female monsters will come to rescue them and restore there humanity. Only to find Dae has once again escaped leaving his ninjas to die as he makes his get away. However Raki will be able to save the bulk of them

This will be followed by Clare face planting him for not only having eyes on her, and likely a Yuma level punch to the face if he mentions he must do this to learn how to save Priscilla. However she'll vent most of her frustration on the Raki clones by hacking them to bits... since there can only be one Raki with out killing the series by making it have too many males.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-11-02, 12:24   Link #264
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Send a message via Yahoo to FormerAbyssalone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I am assuming whatever is on Raki's back is probably a face. Why? At this point I am starting to think Raki will not become superhuman after all, but rather someone/something is going to use him as a gateway to escape the blob. The rods on Raki's arm are only outside connection to the blob/destroyer that has not yet been destroyed or run out of energy. Therefore, I do think Raki will play a very important role in how the blob concludes. Yes, Raki is pregnant.

I feel as though if it some sign or connection the DoDs is would be a really sudden shift shift.
a Face, like this?

Spoiler for face:

Raki pregnant, I don't think thats physically possible.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:26   Link #265
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Quote:
Dae on the other hand will create countless Raki clones and use them to bring in females with Raki crushes into his lab, where he'll make them into sexy super weapons... after some unspecified evils. Then real Raki hearing about helpless female monsters will come to rescue them and restore there humanity. Only to find Dae has once again escaped leaving his ninjas to die as he makes his get away. However Raki will be able to save the bulk of them
lol you lost me with the Raki clones

@FAO!!! omg this is too much! I love pat-back

total recall: OMG guys, I am gonna get a heartache here from laughing!!!!
Old 2010-11-02, 12:27   Link #266
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerAbyssalone View Post
a Face, like this?

Spoiler for face:

Raki pregnant, I don't think thats physically possible.

More like this...

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2010-11-02, 12:33   Link #267
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

@Ryus: WTF is that!?!

Anyway I luv the idea of the story shifting towards the dragonkin. Although I hope they kind of have ur well known dragon look to them, well sort of anyway.

Not 2 bring up an never-ending debate, but the Destroyer has 2 be stronger than Priss. Its the only way it could seal Priss away.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:38   Link #268
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@FAO, you didnt watch total recall? I suggest you don't... lol! JK, its a very interesting movie, with weird ideas (ps.Ryus, I still gotta hand it to ya, for pitching in such wild ideas, Kudos! )

ON TOPIC: arrr the never ending power debate. I still am inclining to think they are more or less equal footing. If it was stronger, it should have taken Prissy out. But on the other hand it being just able to capture Prissy actually indicates thats all it could have done... and this also imply Prissy could have been stronger if not for her being cocky and stupid.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:42   Link #269
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
@FAO, you didnt watch total recall? I suggest you don't... lol! JK, its a very interesting movie, with weird ideas.

ON TOPIC: arrr the never ending power debate. I still am inclining to think they are more or less equal footing. If it was stronger, it should have taken Prissy out. But on the other hand it being just able to capture Prissy actually indicates thats all it could have done... and this also imply Prissy could have been stronger if not for her being cocky and stupid.
Nope I don't think I've seen Total Recall.

Well Priss always did have that look in her face. Although it would be interesting 2 see the mental battle between Clare/Raphaela vs Priss.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:44   Link #270
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Nope I don't think I've seen Total Recall.
Oh man, you've gotta see it. It is hilarious what they thought of for sci fi movies back then. The scary part is that some of it is pretty good.
Old 2010-11-02, 12:53   Link #271
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I have questions regarding mental battles... first off why did we think it could be a mental battle, and not a just a simple matter of retaining Prissy with sheer power? (I mean the mass the size of a mountain has compressed to a meer boulder size now! imagine the layers of enforcement it would retain.)

Next, what are the conditions for mental battle? It was quite clear from Gala's speculation that Clare's sense of self is lost... is this the condition why we started to think it could be a mental battle? I just am interested why we started to say it without not knowing any prior information.

So far the only mental battle we have observed was the one with Raph v Clare... So what are the basis for such a battle and the preceding or required conditions?
Old 2010-11-02, 12:54   Link #272
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Oh man, you've gotta see it. It is hilarious what they thought of for sci fi movies back then. The scary part is that some of it is pretty good.
I'll have 2 give it a look sometime!

Where are the ladies of the forum? I'd figured they would be posting like crazy cause of Raki!
Old 2010-11-02, 12:59   Link #273
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
I'll have 2 give it a look sometime!

Where are the ladies of the forum? I'd figured they would be posting like crazy cause of Raki!
True... They got a little bit of fanservice in this chapter
Old 2010-11-02, 13:03   Link #274
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird D View Post
True... They got a little bit of fanservice in this chapter
Who would've thought there would be female fanservice in claymore!
Old 2010-11-02, 13:07   Link #275
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Who would've thought there would be female fanservice in claymore!
Well, there was Isley's bare-chested sword practice, but that was it for the ladies. I guess that after all the male fanservice recently, Yagi wanted to give them a little something.
Old 2010-11-02, 13:11   Link #276
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Well, there was Isley's bare-chested sword practice, but that was it for the ladies. I guess that after all the male fanservice recently, Yagi wanted to give them a little something.
Your forgetting Isley's ass shot when he surrenderer to Priscilla... and once again with no clothes as he confronted Riful.

The only other males in Claymore with names where Dauf (who's too ugly to count, but sadly lost clothes often), Rigardo (who was never seen in human form without clothes), and Cid and Galk who also have never taken off there clothes.
Old 2010-11-02, 13:15   Link #277
FormerAbyssalone
Guts=badass

Quote:
Well Yagi has 2 appeal 2 both genders I guess!

Ohh, here is something I just thought of... What if Clare has fully awakend and is in a dead-lock with Priss and that giant blob is just an egg waiting 2 hatch? So at any moment those 2 are waiting 2 burst out, maybe it could happen if Galatea tries 2 make contact with one of them. Her ability could stir them inside the blob.
Old 2010-11-02, 13:17   Link #278
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Your forgetting Isley's ass shot when he surrenderer to Priscilla... and once again with no clothes as he confronted Riful.

The only other males in Claymore with names where Dauf (who's too ugly to count, but sadly lost clothes often), Rigardo (who was never seen in human form without clothes), and Cid and Galk who also have never taken off there clothes.
Urgh...That just reminded me of chapter 91 where Dauf's human butt was seen... Okay, I'll admit I was the one started it, but we should change topics... Guys counting how many naked/half naked men appeared in the manga is kinda... disturbing *gags*
Old 2010-11-02, 13:17   Link #279
Joe_fh

So many pages in less than a day. Good job
There were some very interesting things mentioned -theories,explanations, opinins. Most of what I wanted to say was already said

@An4rchy99: Regarding your questions - if Clare could physically beat Prissy (since mass in Claymore seems a bit irrelevant after awakening - Prissy and Isley for example). So if it all came down to restraining her in some manner it would be connected with the Destroyer's unique features. In other words it's ability to absorb life, merge with people and things like that. The idea that Clare "and someone else" are "fighting" with Prissy inside there is the best one that could explain the situation.

Since Clare and Raph were able to meet in such a state it's not far fetched to think it could happen again. Also considering Prissy's power, her ability to read her opponents (or at least understand their power level) and her attitude in general which clearly showed she was confident she could crush the Destroyer one could come to the conclusion the only option for Clare to "destroy" Prissy was to pull he concious in the destroyer (similar to what happened with Rafaela and Clare) seal her there. And since Prissy would want to get out and Clare would try to keep her in there'll defiantly be some sort of confrontation between them.

Also Since I didn't see anyone give their opinion regarding this but I'm still interested in it (but too lazy to type it again so I'll just copy it )
"Dae mentioned there was a lot of devastation. I wonder what could have caused that. The only thing I can think of is the twins but they didn't really stay in their awakened forms for too long. Everyone else was fighting using a regular Claymore so it's hard to cause any real damage to the scenery with that. Next best thing would be the rods from the Destroyer but a) we're not really sure about the time-line or if it fits b) Dae wouldn't be surprised since he already saw them up close. This leaves us with the conclusion that either the shrimps caused all that damage or something else we didn't get to see happened."
Old 2010-11-02, 13:27   Link #280
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Ok this was just released with a chinese scan on ch 109 (not a colored pic...)

Spoiler for pic:

If you look at the bottom, next to the Priscilla pic, there's the #19 and 12 and 3... so am I right to assume volume 19 will be out December 3rd or March 12th... depending on how you place the date. If this is the case then we should be seeing some new cover art soon.