AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-08, 09:19   Link #221
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Colio was an interesting character but now that he's dead (really?) , its a shame , i haven't a personal liking for the others characters .

Hamyuts used teleport lol dunno why people want to kill her , but it seems a huge grudge .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-13, 12:52   Link #222
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

New episode is out and the time line is really throwing me off here. It looks like some of the characters should be way older than they are or everyone ages super fast here.

Spoiler for Also, speculation?:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 09:19   Link #223
kemal_1915

The graphic in this ep is much better than the last one.

About getting the ability, there is a very good explanation in the novel.
Spoiler for About ability:

In the last ep, Minth and Matt saw Zatoh's hair and knew something bad will be happened. Because...
Spoiler for Hair color:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
New episode is out and the time line is really throwing me off here. It looks like some of the characters should be way older than they are or everyone ages super fast here.

Spoiler for Also, speculation?:
Aged fast? Who?

Spoiler for About your speculation:

If anyone still think this series has some commercial value, take a look at this:

Amazon.co.jp アニメBD一巻予約ランキング

***42位 DARKER THAN BLACK-流星の双子-
***44位 君に届け
***46位 とある科学の超電磁砲
**126位 そらのおとしもの
**300位 生徒会の一存
**367位 にゃんこい
**408位 サンレッド
**509位 こばと
**548位 犬夜叉 完結編
**701位 クイーンズブレイド 王座を継ぐ者
**708位 秘密結社 鷹の爪 カウントダウン
**766位 乃木坂春香の秘密 ぴゅあれっつぁ♪
**880位 アスラクライン2
**885位 ミラクル☆トレイン~大江戸線へようこそ~
**959位 真・恋姫†無双
**996位 夏のあらし!春夏冬中
*1210位 聖剣の刀鍛冶
*1230位 まほろまてぃっく ただいま◇おかえり
*3237位 11eyes
14742位 戦う司書 <--

Last edited by kemal_1915; 2009-11-14 at 09:36.
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 11:01   Link #224
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

What I meant about the aging fast was
Spoiler for confusion:
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:49   Link #225
necrosis6

Spoiler for Speculation:
necrosis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 21:09   Link #226
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
What I meant about the aging fast was
Spoiler for confusion:
Spoiler for Aging:

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis6 View Post
Spoiler for Speculation:
Spoiler for His ability:

The next ep is the conclusion of this arc.
Old 2009-11-14, 23:02   Link #227
kyouray
2D > 3D

We have nice Noloty shots in this episode

about necrosis6's speculation :
Spoiler for episode 7:
Old 2009-11-15, 11:44   Link #228
KariOhki

Reading all the speculation makes this make more sense, because goddamn was ep 7 confusing. Too much jumping around between reality and flashbacks and flashbacks-inside-flashbacks.
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 14:53   Link #229
hello_ct

Nolty is really sweet - it was hilarious when she told Zatoh/monster at the end that he could smile if he surrounded himself with fun things, oblivous to the fact that he'd changed and had become bent on bloodshed and carnage

Although he was trying to remain in character, it was also a bit harsh of Mince to headbutt then later slam Nolty against the wall when confronting Zatou! It seems she's tough enough to handle it though, as she emerged without a scratch.
And I hope she manages to succeed by sticking to her morals in the face of what everyone tells her (though her failing would probably be more interesting )
hello_ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 20:38   Link #230
Doria

lol, I can fly? That's awesome! This is the best show ever~

Kemal, do they explain, though, why only one hacking? I understand the modifications to the ability (I think), but if you can modify it, why can't you add more? I'd like to fly and possibly teleport, please~~

Yeah, I saw those numbers for the show. The DVD/blu-rays have also been announced on Amazon.jp. 9 disks, so probably looking at 24-26 eps, depending on how many extras they put on the disks and whatnot.
Doria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 22:27   Link #231
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
about necrosis6's speculation :
Spoiler for episode 7:
Spoiler for speculation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_ct View Post
Nolty is really sweet - it was hilarious when she told Zatoh/monster at the end that he could smile if he surrounded himself with fun things, oblivous to the fact that he'd changed and had become bent on bloodshed and carnage

Although he was trying to remain in character, it was also a bit harsh of Mince to headbutt then later slam Nolty against the wall when confronting Zatou! It seems she's tough enough to handle it though, as she emerged without a scratch.
And I hope she manages to succeed by sticking to her morals in the face of what everyone tells her (though her failing would probably be more interesting )
The setting in this world is - if you get an ability, your body also will become stronger. Power, speed, endurance... will be increased.

Noloty is awesome, isn't she? She will have another arc - arc 6. She will do something wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
lol, I can fly? That's awesome! This is the best show ever~

Kemal, do they explain, though, why only one hacking? I understand the modifications to the ability (I think), but if you can modify it, why can't you add more? I'd like to fly and possibly teleport, please~~

Yeah, I saw those numbers for the show. The DVD/blu-rays have also been announced on Amazon.jp. 9 disks, so probably looking at 24-26 eps, depending on how many extras they put on the disks and whatnot.
You can only get one. Don't be greedy!
Why they could only change one? The novel states that "Your mind will become chaos if you are so close to it." So, I think it maybe the god's rule.

Spoiler for Remember this:

It is a sale disaster. I believe it will be better as the story progresses but still can't compare to others.
Old 2009-11-16, 00:35   Link #232
necrosis6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
Reading all the speculation makes this make more sense, because goddamn was ep 7 confusing. Too much jumping around between reality and flashbacks and flashbacks-inside-flashbacks.
Well about the flashbacks. It seems to me that we're seeing Zatoh and the Old Man with the war machine after everything is over talking. Then you have the "now" which is the Zatoh/Nolty story. Last you have the past, where we see Zatoh being trained. Of course, if I'm right about the part with the Old Man and Zatoh happening in the future, that means this arc has a somewhat happy ending where neither Zatoh or Nolty die.
necrosis6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 00:39   Link #233
Doria

Hm, yeah, actually, the answer to my question was possibly part of Kyouray's speculation, in a practical sense. This arc is pretty interesting--I like that we get to see more of how the world really works. It seems to cohere pretty well, so far.

Hopefully, sales will improve. Although I don't have any numbers to compare it with, I'd guess that viewing has gone up with this series (my general intuition is that for most new series, viewing numbers probably drop over time, for the vast majority--people will try out new series, but only keep watching a couple). Whether they've gone up a lot, though, and whether that's true worldwide or just in the US, I don't know. My impression is only based on looking at things like related internet traffic.

Honestly, I loved the concept from the get-go and felt a little let-down by episode 1, but since then, with a couple minor bumps, I've felt like it's just gotten better and better. I'm really hoping that continues. It can be a little jarring to switch arcs, after I've gotten used to the last one and attached to the characters in it, but then the new one wins me over (I guess I'm fickle--that probably explains my greed with the abilities...right? no? oh, well...haha).

And yes, though I didn't like her before episode 7, Noloty is awesome. Her looks don't hurt anything, either.
Old 2009-11-16, 02:21   Link #234
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Now I finally know what a female Vash would look like.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 02:57   Link #235
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Now I finally know what a female Vash would look like.
Rushuna (Grenadier) is closer to a female Vash than Noloty:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=4443
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 03:03   Link #236
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, at least in the motif. But the way the world in Bantorra is just so... fatalistic compared to the one in the Grenadier, it just scream 'Vash' to me. Even though Noloty obviously is averse to using guns.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 04:52   Link #237
Doria

Yeah, I agree about the tone. "Fatalistic" is a good word for it
Old 2009-11-16, 07:03   Link #238
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemal_1915 View Post
Spoiler for speculation:

You can only get one. Don't be greedy!
Why they could only change one? The novel states that "Your mind will become chaos if you are so close to it." So, I think it maybe the god's rule.
Spoiler for Remember this:

It is a sale disaster. I believe it will be better as the story progresses but still can't compare to others.
Spoiler for ep 7:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doria View Post
Hopefully, sales will improve. Although I don't have any numbers to compare it with, I'd guess that viewing has gone up with this series (my general intuition is that for most new series, viewing numbers probably drop over time, for the vast majority--people will try out new series, but only keep watching a couple). Whether they've gone up a lot, though, and whether that's true worldwide or just in the US, I don't know. My impression is only based on looking at things like related internet traffic.
No moe -> no sales. (it seems it's not very popular amongst otaku)
Hamyuts' boobs or Noloty's cuteness are not enough
I don't know for others countries but in France the show doesn't seem popular because of french streaming service (Kzplay) which's expensive (1€/episode for only 48 hours) compared to Crunchyroll. I hope DVDs 'll set up a new deal. I've also noticed that some people reject this series because of Hamyuts' huge boobs which make them think it's a poor show.
Old 2009-11-16, 09:45   Link #239
Tale

In this series, the basic story development device of that despised "meat", whose mind is Tabula Rasa, eventually reaches his/her own truth by touching other people's souls through memories called "books" and alive people seems to be working fine. Although I'm still deciding, I'm happy with the story-telling mixed with various flashbacks and viewpoints. At the moment, I'm inclined to welcome this dark fantasy, where the world setting works as a tool to make the story-telling interesting.

Quote:
I don't know for others countries but in France the show doesn't seem popular because of french streaming service (Kzplay) which's expensive (1€/episode for only 48 hours) compared to Crunchyroll. I hope DVDs 'll set up a new deal. I've also noticed that some people reject this series because of Hamyuts' huge boobs which make them think it's a poor show.
Personally I found Moe self-indulgent like other characteristics of Otaku culture in general, which rather limits the possibility of whole anime genre, IMHO.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 10:38   Link #240
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Yeah, at least in the motif. But the way the world in Bantorra is just so... fatalistic compared to the one in the Grenadier, it just scream 'Vash' to me. Even though Noloty obviously is averse to using guns.
Fatalistic? Maybe. My feeling is that all charcaters are heavily bounded by the past. The past drives the plot. The past haunts the characters. I think that why people think it is fatalistic.

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 7:

Wait for the next ep to see how this resolves. I don't want to spoil so much.
Spoiler for hacking:

I focus on the sales because we may need season 2 to wrap thing up. No sales means no season 2.
Also, more sales means it is more likely to have a new series from Yamagata-san. And I would like to hear some good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tale View Post
In this series, the basic story development device of that despised "meat", whose mind is Tabula Rasa, eventually reaches his/her own truth by touching other people's souls through memories called "books" and alive people seems to be working fine. Although I'm still deciding, I'm happy with the story-telling mixed with various flashbacks and viewpoints. At the moment, I'm inclined to welcome this dark fantasy, where the world setting works as a tool to make the story-telling interesting.
A lot of people think this kind of story-telling is too confusing and disorienting. When I read the novel, I didn't have this feeling. Differences in media creates a lot of problems. Pacing, focus, details... are source of problems. The novel is complex and the anime makes it even more complex. I am glad that many people can still follow the plot.

Tags
fantasy, seinen, shounen