AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-26, 07:40   Link #101
cyth
Banned

Mizuki comes into play in the latter tale.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 10:15   Link #102
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
Mizuki comes into play in the latter tale.
In that case, Chihiro didn't even appear in the first tale at all. Mizuki at least got a quite a bit of screen time, just Shuichi didn't come into play. I'm pretty sure the anime will cover both the first tale and latter tale, and from the prologue, it seems...

Spoiler:
guuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 10:47   Link #103
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

From the OP sequence, I'm guessing that the anime is going to cover the first tale plus one story from the latter tale (leaving out Mizuki and, for the most part, Yuuko). I don't expect this season to cover everything... especially since AFAIK, the latter tale still doesn't have a release date...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 14:43   Link #104
rg4619

Quote:
From the OP sequence, I'm guessing that the anime is going to cover the first tale plus one story from the latter tale (leaving out Mizuki and, for the most part, Yuuko). I don't expect this season to cover everything... especially since AFAIK, the latter tale still doesn't have a release date...
Couldn't they cover both games (including Yuuko), while completely dropping the Shuichi/Mizuki story?

If minori manages to release the latter tale just before the anime finishes airing, this timing might work. On the whole, it would be rather presumptuous for Geneon/Shaft/minori to expect a second season (bold as the marketing campaign might be......).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-26, 19:07   Link #105
GipFace

Why not? The story is more than likely already written to its conclusion. There shouldn't be any issues if the show decides to temporarily jump ahead of the game.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 00:13   Link #106
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

The animation seems a bit too much (overdone), like some of the movements are way too dramatic ~_~

They better make it good.....OR ELSE!!! (since I love the game so much)
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 08:58   Link #107
taelrak

It's one of those games that make me want to learn Japanese

Well, rather, not the game (I"m not that interested in the other 3 stories), but just Yuuko's story
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 10:07   Link #108
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
Couldn't they cover both games (including Yuuko), while completely dropping the Shuichi/Mizuki story?

If minori manages to release the latter tale just before the anime finishes airing, this timing might work. On the whole, it would be rather presumptuous for Geneon/Shaft/minori to expect a second season (bold as the marketing campaign might be......).
They could, of course, but why drop poor Mizuki?

Rather than expecting a second season, I was thinking of it as being more like an option ("if it's successful, we'll make more"). After all, they have no obligation to animate the whole game to satisfy viewers. Plenty of anime adapted from ongoing works--whether based on manga or novels or whatever else--end prematurely, with no continuation in sight.

Obviously that wouldn't be ideal, but I think it's a distinct possibility.

Has any kind of ep. count been announced yet?
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 12:46   Link #109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
Has any kind of ep. count been announced yet?
12 episodes.

And yeah, I think the idea of having the anime adaptation now would be to release "the latter tale" right near the end of the year, and tell people to buy the game so they can see the stories not covered in the anime. As GipFace said, the entire ef story is already written at this point, so there isn't a problem in that regard. Including just one of the "latter tale" stories serves as a promo without spoiling all of the game's content. I think it's a pretty solid marketing strategy, actually.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-27, 23:40   Link #110
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
12 episodes.

And yeah, I think the idea of having the anime adaptation now would be to release "the latter tale" right near the end of the year, and tell people to buy the game so they can see the stories not covered in the anime. As GipFace said, the entire ef story is already written at this point, so there isn't a problem in that regard. Including just one of the "latter tale" stories serves as a promo without spoiling all of the game's content. I think it's a pretty solid marketing strategy, actually.
They like doing that. Usually novel and game adaptation usually only come in 12-13 episodes. It might not be worth the effort to make a full run when you can come in clean and broadcast a good story with little "SPAM" to fill it with. It's done nicely so far.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 01:11   Link #111
Mashimaro
q8D

Loved the song in the prologue.. Wow. Is there a game ost or is this piece new and for the anime?
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 06:08   Link #112
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler for prologue:

Let me guess the 2 which you have seen.... is it KGNE and School days?
Makes me wonder what the other one you are talking about is...

Anyway this anime looks very promising..... the prologue is awesome can't wait for some serious drama.
Old 2007-08-28, 10:24   Link #113
Boukenxha

Need to confirm something after scouring the net for some info.

Spoiler for sequence of the girls' stories in the game:
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 10:31   Link #114
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
Need to confirm something after scouring the net for some info.

Spoiler for sequence of the girls' stories in the game:
I doubt they'd get her story in with only 12 episodes - she's not even high up in the character cast.

That said, you can probably make a pretty good guess about her background and what she is from the game OP though
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 11:16   Link #115
Boukenxha

You are right.

Hmm I have never given much thought to Yuko's background before you mentioned it. I think I'm indeed on to something here.

Argh makes me want to see her story more.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 03:24   Link #116
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashimaro View Post
Loved the song in the prologue.. Wow. Is there a game ost or is this piece new and for the anime?
No soundtrack has been released yet. So far there're only a game's theme song single and 3 drama CDs. The BGMs of the game are extremely enjoyable, and seeing that now there's an anime adaptation, I believe either a game or anime soundtrack is bounded to appear sometime.
Old 2007-08-30, 00:30   Link #117
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by guuchan View Post
No soundtrack has been released yet. So far there're only a game's theme song single and 3 drama CDs. The BGMs of the game are extremely enjoyable, and seeing that now there's an anime adaptation, I believe either a game or anime soundtrack is bounded to appear sometime.
umm... who was directing the anime again along with the music producer?

If I beleive correctly, in the Minori groups, Tenmon was along with the original company, correct?

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 05:40   Link #118
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manatsu View Post
You are right.

Hmm I have never given much thought to Yuko's background before you mentioned it. I think I'm indeed on to something here.

Argh makes me want to see her story more.
She's a yaka, errr wait....

12 eps huh, doesn't surprise me for these style of show, but i'm hoping for a good one at least.

Love to see some more Makoto Shinkai sky in this, even if its not done by him. hehe
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 17:18   Link #119
jcdranzer
Sky King!!!! XD

How many channels in Japan is this anime airing on ? 5 ?

Coz in the schedule section of the official website, http://www.ef-memo.com/, they've got 5 dates and my guess is that it premiers on the 6th of Oct on 2 channels, on the 8th of Oct on one channel and then finally on the 9th of Oct on 2 channels.
jcdranzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 08:57   Link #120
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
umm... who was directing the anime again along with the music producer?

If I beleive correctly, in the Minori groups, Tenmon was along with the original company, correct?
You meant this anime or the game movie? This one is Oonuma Shin, the game movie was Shinkai Makoto.

And yes, Tenmon was also the game's music composer.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, romance, seinen, shaft