Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 12:38   Link #3441
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Explain, Mr Data. In English.
It's a Nadesico - Prince of Darkness movie reference.
Spoiler for explanation:

And of course, the movie sucked.
Old 2012-07-03, 14:17   Link #3442
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmmm (catching up)

About the only thing I did not get was the part with the Odette II with Captain Doolitte and the Club (in cosplay uniforms) and Pirate Gruier. The ship doesn't (to my knowledge) have an FTL drive, so they couldn't catch up with Marika even if they tried (unless they can somehow hook up the FTL from their Silent Whisper fighter).

Were they acting as an in-system pirate ship while Marika and the others were off taking care of the Grand Cross?

I can see if they went too far out for such a slow ship to not be able to make it back to Sea of Morning Star in time for exams and getting a lift from the Galactic Pirates (the Serenity family does have some pull). And I guess Jenny and her classmates came to make sure the ship arrived safe since they have hands on experiance with the vessel (even if there are only the three of them, Lynn's automated the hell out of that ship).

I'm just trying to piece that part into the thick of things.
Old 2012-07-03, 18:03   Link #3443
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^
Spoiler:
Or may be what Mami said in the audio drama 2 will actually be in the movie. (The part where something under Hakuoh Academy that will gattai with Odette II to form a giant robot)
Where you may have the drama 2 ?
Old 2012-07-03, 18:55   Link #3444
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
^
Spoiler:
Or may be what Mami said in the audio drama 2 will actually be in the movie. (The part where something under Hakuoh Academy that will gattai with Odette II to form a giant robot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's a Nadesico - Prince of Darkness movie reference.
Spoiler for explanation:

And of course, the movie sucked.
Oh, so the movie's about an original character, or involves an original character without the main cast?

Though I'd like to see how that works for Moretsu. Maybe something like "The Lower Decks"?

Though fingers-crossed they don't write about a galaxy-trotting freighter captain who works as an illegal runner while bickering with Quartz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hmmm (catching up)

About the only thing I did not get was the part with the Odette II with Captain Doolitte and the Club (in cosplay uniforms) and Pirate Gruier. The ship doesn't (to my knowledge) have an FTL drive, so they couldn't catch up with Marika even if they tried (unless they can somehow hook up the FTL from their Silent Whisper fighter).

Were they acting as an in-system pirate ship while Marika and the others were off taking care of the Grand Cross?

I can see if they went too far out for such a slow ship to not be able to make it back to Sea of Morning Star in time for exams and getting a lift from the Galactic Pirates (the Serenity family does have some pull). And I guess Jenny and her classmates came to make sure the ship arrived safe since they have hands on experiance with the vessel (even if there are only the three of them, Lynn's automated the hell out of that ship).

I'm just trying to piece that part into the thick of things.
Most likely: Producer Syndrome.

Metafictionally, maybe when fueled the Odette has an FTL drive, just not upgraded, so can only fly at "Warp 5". Which makes FTL travel bearable, but will miss their exams.
Old 2012-07-03, 22:06   Link #3445
Kyuu
=^^=

I've always wondered one thing about Marika's Space Captain jump-suit:

Is that an access hatch? (white circle)
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-03, 22:14   Link #3446
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I've always wondered one thing about Marika's Space Captain jump-suit:

Is that an access hatch? (white circle)
Well yes ... because imagine if she has an urge to urinate
Old 2012-07-03, 22:16   Link #3447
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Well yes ... because imagine if she has an urge to urinate
Oh yea. Forgot about that one vital and important function.
Old 2012-07-03, 22:26   Link #3448
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Anyway to play well to have noticed this small detail, long time and you had a good look at the picture yes?
Old 2012-07-03, 22:41   Link #3449
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Where you may have the drama 2 ?
It is bundled together with OST 2 when you purchased BD vol 4
Old 2012-07-03, 22:49   Link #3450
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
It is bundled together with OST 2 when you purchased BD vol 4
Ok thank you and have you seen my private message?
Old 2012-07-04, 02:41   Link #3451
Theo

I'm going over that scene back at the beach race and this is what I come up with:

Spoiler for scene:
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:52   Link #3452
molitar

Wow.. I was spot on for once.. So Ironbeard really is her father. So now the question is what is going on at the greater empire that has Pirate designing new ships with new technology to test it on the older pirates. That would cause Gonzaemon to surrender his ship and become a pirate in the Greater Empire. The hint at becoming real pirates to me indicate a possible war a new threat to the Great Empire. The pirates are marauder who served as part of the military in time of war.. So becoming a real pirate would indicate a war brewing.

It has to be something big for Gonzaemon to have to fake his death so that he could than become the pirate Ironbeard and someone off the radar so he can not be easily tracked. It also has the Gruier knowing his real identity so most likely it involves Serenity also. There better be a second season there is way too many unknowns.. I really want to know why Gonzaemon's death still has to be kept hidden from Marika.

I wouldn't be surprised if the only one on the crew to know the truth is the doctor as she would of had to falsify his record for his death. As it seemed almost nobody knew Kane had a younger brother posing as him either so feels like much of the crew was left out of details also.. Probably until Marika makes her decision whatever that decision is.

The faked death and the takeover of the Bentenmaru went so roughly with military and government involved that there has to be alot going on in the Greater Empire and the local governments. Maybe a new enemy of the Empire and civil unrest that is supporting the new enemy. The Ghost ship that had enough strife to cause them to fire on a ship with there own princess on it.. the fighting really only ended when they found out the incubator on the Golden Ship of the Royalty had already run out and could not birth any new successors. The truce agreement not to interfere with Marika until graduation than she will have to face a decsion. And not to say least how Ririka was not suprised with her husband showed up and all she stated was so that is what is going on.. as if they suspected some plot for a while or that and it affirmed when he showed up out of the blue not dead but having arranged a truce for Marika.

Would be great to hear some feedback from anyone that has read the light novels.

When I reread all these thoughts out it makes the whole Ghost Ship in a new light as the last thing the Royal line would want is a method for them to be replaced.. hence killed wiped out and replaced with new stock from the Ghost Ship. Serenity is made out to be not a very important but it really seems more of the information HUB for that part of the Galaxy like the intelligence network which if the Royal family was wiped out could be a disaster to the local government. Not only that but the Ghost Ship has been traveling a strange pattern for I forget how many years it has been traveling. Unless we put a different perspective on it the ship has been traveling dangerous routes hardly ever used in a pattern that would indicate one important thing it was charting the uncharted dangerous regions. Serenity to me appears to be an information network and not only that it now has probably the ONLY copy of these uncharted routes charted so that they can be safely traversed as the Golden Ship has been serving that purpose for who knows how long now. You can't say that Serenity has been leaving their history/legacy traveling all this time with no concern until now. As long as the Ghost Ship was an unknown factor there was no danger to it so it continued to gather and most likey transmitted information to Serenity but once it became known than that knowledge would be a threat to Serenity and had to be recovered.

Last edited by molitar; 2012-07-05 at 03:10.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:52   Link #3453
gaiar31

from episode 26

Now official confirm the next story of Marika is

Gekijouban Mouretsu Pirates The Movie
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 02:59   Link #3454
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

This info is useless because it has all saw at the end of episode 26 ok??
Old 2012-07-06, 01:25   Link #3455
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wonder how sales for this is doing...
Old 2012-07-06, 01:34   Link #3456
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Each Limited Edition BD seems to sell around 7,000 copies.
Old 2012-07-06, 17:16   Link #3457
Inept Forum User

Minor thing that has been bothering me regarding the Grand Cross; the two hull sections on each side that extend forward - is there a specific term for them?
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 17:24   Link #3458
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Vaka?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaka_(sailing)
Old 2012-07-06, 17:24   Link #3459
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Minor thing that has been bothering me regarding the Grand Cross; the two hull sections on each side that extend forward - is there a specific term for them?
They mimic Quartz Christie's sexy legs.
Old 2012-07-06, 17:40   Link #3460
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
It's just the side hulls. The ships look like a combination of swords & catamarans. The reason is that the combat in Moretsu Pirates operates off long-distance attacks, so having a small "cross section" facing your enemy is to your advantage.

So, they're just the hulls. The Grand Cross is definitely a prototype ship, as it very clearly is new tech bolted into a previous hull design. That's the reason for the transformation bit. It's actually a normally cruiser that's completely retrofitted. So, they're just the side hulls. I guess you could call it a "pontoon", but that's probably stretching it a bit.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri