AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 08:35   Link #30201
demino_hellsin
That one guy

When she saw the girls in V4 she seemed to feel really down. Though I don't really remember why but I think it was because she finds herself out of place with the girls around.

That could just be me though.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 08:47   Link #30202
Eratas123

It's because they were thinking of her as a rival. Wouldn't you feel down if your friends/colleuges gave you the stink eye if they thought you were after your sibling?
Old 2012-04-29, 08:50   Link #30203
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I never knew she saw the girls that way

10 meter plasma bladed sword... overkill or just about right?
Old 2012-04-29, 08:51   Link #30204
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Of course everyone would think like that

Again, it's seems that there's not only one or two reason, but all of them involves Ichika. Safe to say that he IS her trigger.

@ Demi
Yukidaruma in my fanon is roughly 6.6 meters, and it could destroy golem in a single slice. I think someone already do 18 meter variant, but I can't remember who X.X

As frame of reference, Uchigane sword is 1.7 meter, and Yukihira is about 1.6 meter as physical blade (longer as energy blade). Akatsubaki's blades seems to be small for an I.S., though that may only applies to anime.
Old 2012-04-29, 08:55   Link #30205
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Concerning plasma... or at least fire. If somebody exposed the IS to high temperatures exceeding even re-entry temperatures(which I'm sure the IS was designed to withstand amongst other things) for a prolonged period of time, would the pilot feel the heat or do you think the life support systems can maintain the pilot's temperature?
Old 2012-04-29, 08:56   Link #30206
Eratas123

Would Gamma radiation be able to be used as a weapon?
Old 2012-04-29, 09:01   Link #30207
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
I think they can easily survive reentry or anything equivalent WITH the right technique, because Canon has dully noted that they have certain weakness to air resistance during high speed condition.

In case of 'heat exceeding reentry condition' though, I believe the safety mechanism and life support has limit and pilot will get uncomfortable at times.

@ Eras
Obviously yes.
Old 2012-04-29, 09:04   Link #30208
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was asking because I was thinking of conceptualizing an IS that uses flamethrowers... or more precisely plasma igniters or something similar.
Old 2012-04-29, 09:09   Link #30209
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Yes, that would be a great, if risky weapon. We already apply that to ShenLong second shift
Old 2012-04-29, 09:12   Link #30210
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well that is true... so a flamethrower napalm pouring demolitions type just seems out of place... Scythe wielding IS?

To note: I once imagined Ichika going into 3rd shift... and it was terrifying
Old 2012-04-29, 09:25   Link #30211
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Scythe wielding I.S. is fairly new, nobody has put them into sue as of now. If I remember clearly.

Thanatos and Metal Wolf was supposed to have one, both can change into Axe, spear or hammer depending on the need.

Though Metal Wolf is using war scythe, rather than classic Grim Reaper Scythe like Thanatos, it also lacked the spear form (for what it is)

Thanatos was supposed to be an expy/ersatz of Deathscythe though. SO there.
Old 2012-04-29, 09:45   Link #30212
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Wait... I remember now. I have a halberd wielding IS in my repertoire with the halberd having a variable retractable lance head, collapsible axe head and extendable scythe blade... I believe it was stratos who helped me name it Spartan
Old 2012-04-29, 09:50   Link #30213
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Lol, I guess we shared Idea again, though I was partially inspired by Fate Testarossa of Nanoha fame, whose bardiche can change into a scythe and later, a sword.

Souten gagetsu also extend it's hilt during second shift, making it a true Guan Dao instead of half-assed recreation of Chinese sword. It got worse when retractable Chain function is revealed where Rin go Kratos on PT forces. As a downside, she cannot combine them as whirlwind blade or throwing it like a giant Shuriken anymore
Old 2012-04-29, 09:55   Link #30214
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I was actually inspired by (I think I need other sources of inspiration) the sword weapon of kamen rider den-O.

Why do I get the feeling I'm the only one who can imagine Chifuyu having a heart to heart talk with a stranger whom she treats like a little brother after being depressed by Ichika being taken out(abducted) by the harem for a date(attempted seduction)
Old 2012-04-29, 10:00   Link #30215
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Question: Should I reveal the truth about a super weapon (by hinting the true nature of it) and lose the magic/element surprise upon the revelation.

Because the true nature of the weapon is not hard to guess once you have a few hints of what actually it does.

or

Continue to mislead reader into assuming things (and make the character appear Sue). But has greater shock/impact/fridge Brilliance.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:01   Link #30216
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Because it's exaggerated, as Eras said. She WAS concerned in canon, but not that much, she was totally composed in front of Yamada, why should she melt to stranger?

Though I'm not the one to talk myself, and Eras knew it.

@ Age
Depends, the second if you confident you can pull it without taking the stu card.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:05   Link #30217
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well... maybe if in this version Chifuyu was a serious brocon... that would make sense?
Old 2012-04-29, 10:08   Link #30218
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Yes, if she was drunk at the time (allowing her to snap out of her composed self, again, she challenged the harem when she WAS drunk).

I use this scenario as well, though the awkward situation that follow is not shotacon per se...
Old 2012-04-29, 10:15   Link #30219
demino_hellsin
That one guy

This is for the kamen rider crossover.

The idea was that it was more of an outting with the Orimura household, like a night picnic.

The girls learn about it and force their attendance one way or the other. Chifuyu sees them and immediately knows and goes away. The guy the same age as Ichika is the one Chifuyu decided to take responsibility for, even to the point of allowing him to live with them in their house instead of just staying all alone in the ISA dorms on weekends. He was also booted by the girls so they could spend "alone time" with Ichika. He decides to hang with Chifuyu who's busy drinking her brooding thoughts away. Then he jokes to her that she likes Ichika. She stiffens and the dude's uber dense mind somehow works in that moment and puts 2 and 2 together. He's flabbergasted but decides to accept it and tells her he supports her feelings too. Chifuyu consults his views and asks if he really doesn't see her as weird. He tells her that ofcourse its weird, but everyone has their own thing and if liking Ichika is Chifuyu's thing then he'd still support her since she's his friend.

Then that time would be when small seeds of attraction are planted in Chifuyu.
Old 2012-04-29, 10:30   Link #30220
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Demi
Because it's exaggerated, as Eras said. She WAS concerned in canon, but not that much, she was totally composed in front of Yamada, why should she melt to stranger?

Though I'm not the one to talk myself, and Eras knew it.

@ Age
Depends, the second if you confident you can pull it without taking the stu card.

Kind of hard to pull off the second one (even though I find it very effective), reader would lose interest quickly at what appear to be God-like machine(well, it IS designed to be the Last Weapon which humanity would ever need.)

I will try the first one and see.... (using the Creator's(of the machine) assumption that humans are too dumb to realize what is going on)

Edit:
Note: God-like is only in term of perspective.
From the one on the receiving end, the machine seems god-like.
From outsider point of view, not so much.

Last edited by agetreme; 2012-04-29 at 11:10.
agetreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest