AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-09, 08:06   Link #81
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
So... am I the first on this board to like the dub, and am now thinking I'll be picking up Lucky Star, something I wasn't planning to do in the first place?

I was doubtful of Wendee Lee. Remind me never to do that again.
Old 2008-02-09, 08:24   Link #82
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
I liked what I heard so far as well! At least it's better than those fandubs that's floating around on Youtube which seem to not grasp comedic timing.

Last edited by darkchibi07; 2008-02-09 at 09:23.
Old 2008-02-09, 13:39   Link #83
Rion Steiner

I was really impressed, was expecting something really bad. but Konata's voice was pretty good for her character, not as good as Aya's but still perfect for her character. I still have a problem on other characters though especially Kagami's and Miyuki's.
Old 2008-02-09, 18:38   Link #84
FireChick

I saw that trailer and...WOW! Nice dubbing! I love everyone's voices! Kagami's voice may not sound like Nova (from Super Robot Monkey Team) but I don't mind! Tsukasa's voice is cute! As expected of Lopmon!
Old 2008-02-09, 20:14   Link #85
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
um.... has there even been a release date announced for the dub?
Old 2008-02-09, 22:05   Link #86
lotus7
Aria Obsessive

wow, of all the voices i thought i would dislike konata's the most. but it was good! tsukasa sounded good too. miyuki was about how i expected, typical moe-blob stuff. kagamis voice didnt really take for me though. still, on the whole, not bad at all.
Old 2008-02-09, 22:19   Link #87
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzon View Post
um.... has there even been a release date announced for the dub?
Think all we know at the moment is sometime in 2008. Probably sometime in spring is my guess.
Old 2008-02-09, 23:36   Link #88
Jintor

I actually don't mind Konata's voice too much. Surprised myself there.
Old 2008-02-10, 09:06   Link #89
Zewb
Lord of Change

Anyone know if the dub will ever make its way onto T.V?
Old 2008-02-10, 09:19   Link #90
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

The day *Insert semi-obscure anime here (The list is probably huge)* makes it onto TV.

Lucky Star is not something a lot of normal TV watchers on this side would get into. The chances of it making it onto some anime block is slim to none. If Haruhi Suzumiya makes it onto TV (Or one of the other slice-of-life shows, like AzuDai, or maybe Pani Poni Dash), then maybe there'll be a bigger chance. Or if there's some kind of Bandai special on CN showcasing its properties.
Old 2008-02-10, 14:35   Link #91
FireChick

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but Bandai's official website for Lucky Star is up!

http://lucky-star.bandai-ent.com/
Old 2008-02-10, 15:10   Link #92
Zewb
Lord of Change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth View Post
The day *Insert semi-obscure anime here (The list is probably huge)* makes it onto TV.

Lucky Star is not something a lot of normal TV watchers on this side would get into. The chances of it making it onto some anime block is slim to none. If Haruhi Suzumiya makes it onto TV (Or one of the other slice-of-life shows, like AzuDai, or maybe Pani Poni Dash), then maybe there'll be a bigger chance. Or if there's some kind of Bandai special on CN showcasing its properties.
Guess I have to watch in on Youtube then, QQ
Old 2008-02-10, 18:30   Link #93
Robotnik
Not a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth View Post

Since you mentioned AzuDai and PPD specifically, I believe both have been cable-broadcast or internet-streamed on ADV's TheAnimeNetwork (at least according to the listings at Anime News Network); there *are* other venues than Cartoon Network/Adult Swim (MTV2, Fuse, IFC, Starz, etc have all run anime in the recent past), and I believe TheAnimeNetwork actually has aired non-ADV titles as well.

So I wouldn't *count* on it, but then again, you never know.
Old 2008-02-10, 18:49   Link #94
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

I meant THE prime time thing like adult swim. AnimeNetwork doesn't count for me since it's the anime channel that's not readily available. The rest are oddities, though probably could be covered by my "Special" thing.

I don't watch real TV (No access to one and anime shows too late at night for me on a regular basis), so I don't know.
Old 2008-02-10, 22:09   Link #95
Shizzon
MEDIC!!

Location: Somewhere where anime is real and I watch reality on TV
Send a message via AIM to Shizzon
if adult swim did it it would be late at night and even right now they have stopped showing anime on Saturday nights
Old 2008-02-11, 03:09   Link #96
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay... voice casting is "better than I expected" although I'm a bit tired of that reedy high pitched voice they keep casting for the "Miyuki" characters -- it just sounds false.
The rest.... sound like they fit the parts fairly nicely. We didn't get any clips of "growly" Kagami or the range of Konata though for final estimates.

The real kicker for the english dub will be the SCRIPT and the COMEDIC TIMING.

Frankly, I'll still prefer the original but it does look like I can show this to "dub prone" people and it won't be a total mystery to them what I like about it.
Old 2008-02-11, 15:18   Link #97
FireChick

Check it out people! They announced Narumi Yui's voice! It's the person who does Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden! Proof!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...e.php?id=13201
Old 2008-02-11, 15:50   Link #98
Dee Eon

Are There Any "Home Videos" Of LS Dubbing Session?

Hi All!

Are there any videos of an actual Lucky Star dubbing session? Hard to believe that no one's even tried to, knowing how photog-crazed most are in Japan! I'd also like to compare Aya Hirano's normal voice with those of the characters she plays.

Dee
Old 2008-02-11, 23:54   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've never understood the lack of studio dubbing videos either. I always *love* watching such things. But its rather rare to see a video'd recording session.
Old 2008-02-13, 17:10   Link #100
Hammy
slice of life otaku

cant say im too terribly impressed, though it wasnt the disasterous let-down i was expecting it to be; Wendee Lee acutally did a somewhat decent job on Konata's voice (which came as a HUGE surprise)
Closed Thread