AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sora Kake

Notices

Old 2009-03-05, 13:01   Link #1
4Tran

Sora Kake Girl Mecha, Colonies, and Technology

As the title suggests, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the Mecha, Colonies, and Technology of Sora Kake Girl

Thread Guidelines

If required, please use spoiler tags (with appropriate titles) if your comments are based on the latest episode or raws (or any non-anime source).
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]

Please keep discussion about plot and storylines in the relevant Episode Discussion threads, not here.

Be polite to your fellow forum members and try and keep the discussion on topic and above all, enjoy.
Old 2009-03-05, 15:06   Link #2
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I guess the easiest way to start is the website's technology page itself:
Spoiler for Tech page translation:
The series works around QT, which actually we never got to know what it means. But basically its solely based on punning acronyms, QT is 'Cutie'. Its like telling you those girls are cuties lol, everything then works around 'QT' to continue the pun on always serious acronyms and abbreviations.
Spoiler for QT:
Those above are basically copypasta of my old posts in the general thread.

From a general view, the technology of this show is extremely high, especially the Brain Colonies. You can say the technology level is almost at the border of magic at certain parts, like the QT related technology and capabilities.

The Brain Colonies themselves are much higher in technology than what they have in the normal colonies. Super AI, warp, antimatter engines, time stopping freeze, inertia negation etc., its probably one of the most technologically advanced mecha anime to date.

EDIT: Just adding Aleida's Tachyon Sword.

Tachyons are hypothetical faster than light particles, definitely something out of physics. To be able to wield and control such high energy particles and not let them burst out of control, Aleida must have super high level QT powers or something.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2009-07-07 at 11:15.
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:11   Link #3
Fishfood1

i'm amazed at leopard's colony, i mean it can cloak, and those side arm can turn endless-waltz type wing yet can still cut though nevral's tentacle

must be made of one amazing material
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 15:23   Link #4
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Since even Q-Tectors can go invisible, I'm sure cloaking technology must be quite commonplace to be shrunk down to personal size.

Leopard's colony mirrors didn't really became wings, its probably some sort of propulsion effect, photon propulsion using his Antimatter drives? But its still more for comedic effect and awesome homaging sake lol

Materials of thousands of years into the future would certainly be amazingly strong, to withstand the harshness of space. Its probably also protected by QT-Fields like what you guys are talking about in the general thread and very likely nanomachines to constant perform self repair.

Old 2009-03-05, 16:43   Link #5
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Size Comparison

Left to Right

Island, ICP Space Station, Leopard, Akiha's ship.
If the sketches on the official website are anywhere near to scale, it looks more like the relative sizes would be Island > Leopard > ICP Space Station > Akiha's ship.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 17:50   Link #6
Fishfood1

http://www.sorakake.net/tech/qt.html#c04

does anyone know what kind of weapon akiha's QT-arms, starslyph have? i mean we pretty much seen all the other QT-arm and their weapon(s) other than those 2 clowns' QT-arm

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-05, 17:53   Link #7
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfood1 View Post
i'm amazed at leopard's colony, i mean it can cloak, and those side arm can turn endless-waltz type wing yet can still cut though nevral's tentacle

must be made of one amazing material
I think I mentioned this in the generic discussion thread, and someone replied talking about the inertial damping system in some other series (sorry, can't remember who.)

Just being able to maneuver in space like that requires either some extremely tough and flexible material, or some kind of screwy physics like a structural integrity field that absorbs shock (like in Star Trek) or an inertial dampener that cancels out inertia of objects within it with respect to external frames of reference (first found in Star Trek, but now in stores near you!).

Of course this breaks relativity, but who knows what kind of new science a new age of technology will bring? I mean, look at Imo-chan! She's AMEEJINGUU~ by modern standards! She has personal levitation, contact electronic transceivers, the ability to expand her body when angry and wanting to shout at a certain someone.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 18:00   Link #8
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
http://www.sorakake.net/tech/qt.html#c04

does anyone know what kind of weapon akiha's QT-arms, starslyph have? i mean we pretty much seen all the other QT-arm and their weapon(s) other than those 2 clowns' QT-arm
Well, if the mosaics in episode 8 are any indication, the Starsylph QT-ARMS will likely use a swordlike weapon in battle (as there is one mosaic showing multiple Starsylphs, each one holding what looks like a sword).
Old 2009-03-05, 18:24   Link #9
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
I think I mentioned this in the generic discussion thread, and someone replied talking about the inertial damping system in some other series (sorry, can't remember who.)

Just being able to maneuver in space like that requires either some extremely tough and flexible material, or some kind of screwy physics like a structural integrity field that absorbs shock (like in Star Trek) or an inertial dampener that cancels out inertia of objects within it with respect to external frames of reference (first found in Star Trek, but now in stores near you!).

Of course this breaks relativity, but who knows what kind of new science a new age of technology will bring? I mean, look at Imo-chan! She's AMEEJINGUU~ by modern standards! She has personal levitation, contact electronic transceivers, the ability to expand her body when angry and wanting to shout at a certain someone.
Its me lol, the Inertia Canceller from Top wo Nerae!

Its more than Inertia damping, that system literally removes inertia by a sort of field. It gives Gunbuster, a 200m tall mech great agility and anything in that field or in contact with Gunbuster gets stopped as well. For those who watched, they'll remember a space monster of several thousand kilometres long, splitting into half to try and crush Gunbuster in between, but fails because Gunbuster instantaneously stopped their momentum and instead grabs them in place and destroys them together. That attack was DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER!!

Gunbuster uses the Inertia Canceller to be literally invincible against physical attacks, against energy attacks it has some sort of gravity lens effect shield, the BUSTER SHIELD. Gunbuster can afford to use so much energy because its powered by 2 degenerating engines, basically 2 blackholes.

Imo-chan is amazing technology, the most amazing mascot like cute creature since Ranka's handphone.

Old 2009-03-05, 18:32   Link #10
Fishfood1

^would you want a haro(from any gundam of your choice) or imoko?

roof>bed
Old 2009-03-05, 18:50   Link #11
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Its me lol, the Inertia Canceller from Top wo Nerae!

Its more than Inertia damping, that system literally removes inertia by a sort of field. It gives Gunbuster, a 200m tall mech great agility and anything in that field or in contact with Gunbuster gets stopped as well. For those who watched, they'll remember a space monster of several thousand kilometres long, splitting into half to try and crush Gunbuster in between, but fails because Gunbuster instantaneously stopped their momentum and instead grabs them in place and destroys them together. That attack was DOUBLE BUSTER COLLIDER!!

Gunbuster uses the Inertia Canceller to be literally invincible against physical attacks, against energy attacks it has some sort of gravity lens effect shield, the BUSTER SHIELD. Gunbuster can afford to use so much energy because its powered by 2 degenerating engines, basically 2 blackholes.

Imo-chan is amazing technology, the most amazing mascot like cute creature since Ranka's handphone.
*facepalm* Sorry C.A. My memory fails.
Gunbuster uses two black holes... Leopard uses two golden balls... Mwar.
So was there anything that could actually hurt Gunbuster?
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 19:54   Link #12
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
*facepalm* Sorry C.A. My memory fails.
Gunbuster uses two black holes... Leopard uses two golden balls... Mwar.
I haven't seen the show (though I'm planning to), so I can't say with any accuracy, but my guess is: another Gunbuster?
Old 2009-03-06, 06:05   Link #13
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
^would you want a haro(from any gundam of your choice) or imoko?
Definitely Imo-chan, because Akiha is my waifu she's already my meido lolol

But the Navi are really even more advanced support robots than Haros. Their AI is so advanced that they can even attend school and form social groups lol

Besides working their way with electronic, digital control, they can even do analog tasks like flying old WWII turbofan planes, or even plug into a meido suit and become a maid.
Quote:
Nothing in the show can hurt Gunbuster as long as Noriko and Kazumi puts in hard work, determination and guts. As long as they want to do it, Gunbuster has all the means to defend itself and fight back and all within the realm of science fiction. In its episode 5 of 6, it a battle with the largest odds against a single unit in all film history. Its billions to one Gunbuster and Gunbuster won unscathe lol, it was undoubtedly the episode that made Gunbuster one of top 3 strongest mechs in history.

Gunbuster could even be considered a real robot if you accept all the super high technology as possible science fiction, its just within the neighbourhood of what Protoculture can do. Its a unique super robot because it explains itself with as much science fiction as it can. The only 2 things which we don't understand till today and was created by it was the Inertia Canceller and Homing Laser. Yes Homing Laser was first introduced in all history by Gunbuster and quickly incorporated into Mahou Shoujo.

Gunbuster is probably one of the most revolutionary mecha anime, or of all anime. One most important revolution is Gainax Bounce, yes Noriko was the first female in the history of animation to have bouncing boobs, she is Miss Gainax Bounce herself. She was the one who brought this form of fanservice to the world and today can be found in Sora Kake. Everyone knows Gainax Bounce is from Gainax, but not all know it was Noriko who crowned it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
I haven't seen the show (though I'm planning to), so I can't say with any accuracy, but my guess is: another Gunbuster?
You can say its partly spoiler, but only Gunbuster can hurt itself if Noriko and Kazumi chooses to.

There's also Top wo Nerae! 2, a 2003 - 2006 visually stunning OVA, each 30 mins episode took at least 6 months, and was the inspiration for TTGL itself.

Old 2009-03-06, 07:06   Link #14
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

though ill be damned if they would include a small mecha part from TGLN or those giant drills >_<

still

speaking of mecha will itsuki's mecha be upgraded???
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 07:18   Link #15
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

This is Sunrise for heaven's sake, of course they wil...
Oh wait, there is no model kit, sorry.
Or there is?

Among the 3, I still like Honoka's QT-Arm the most, even though I'm scythe lover. The idea of humanoid suit that has more than 2 legs didn't appeal me much, but they just make Wygar looks perfectly fine. Not to mention a bow. A bow in the age where gun's matter? Damn, can anything looks better?

Btw, why does Starsylph has 2 types of head?
[edit]
One more question, what are those things?

At first I thought they're some kind of gun, but looks carefully, it's like beam sabers (lolz, wut?) or, well, grenade <_<.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2009-03-06 at 07:29.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 07:27   Link #16
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

yeah i am wonder about two

also Duo bow can be very progressive and ammo efficent than gun thoguh not vvery accurate

but as i can recall there is a game where bow and guns are both being used and most player who love high damge output uses bow

and who loves those critical and stun effect are Gunaholics
Old 2009-03-06, 08:16   Link #17
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
also Duo bow can be very progressive and ammo efficent than gun thoguh not vvery accurate
Bow's weaker than Gun, that's the fact. It's less stylish than Gun, it's also the fact. Unless someone show me a "bowkata" clip to compete with this Gunkata PV, I won't take that statement back . Heck, it's not even more ammo effective than Gun.

But I have a soft spot for bow weapon.
Old 2009-03-06, 08:39   Link #18
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Among the 3, I still like Honoka's QT-Arm the most, even though I'm scythe lover. The idea of humanoid suit that has more than 2 legs didn't appeal me much, but they just make Wygar looks perfectly fine. Not to mention a bow. A bow in the age where gun's matter? Damn, can anything looks better?

Btw, why does Starsylph has 2 types of head?
[edit]

At first I thought they're some kind of gun, but looks carefully, it's like beam sabers (lolz, wut?) or, well, grenade <_<.
Honoka's QT-ARMs definitely looks nice, mostly because of the Centaurian design. The screws on her legs are tracks for ground rolling. It can also grip tightly to walls and scroll slide around.

Not only Starsylph has 2 types of heads, ARC-II-J1 as well. For some reason those 'helmets' are on and off in different episodes, though quite rare. I've only see Starsylph with its helmet on once but can't remember when, but Cat Magex said he only say ARC-II-J1's but not sure when as well.

Needs more careful rewatching.

For weaponary, Bows in mecha are nothing like real bows and have varying capabilites. They're mostly for spread shots instead of rapid shots like guns.

Old 2009-03-06, 09:21   Link #19
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

hmm yeah i kinda agree with CA on that

but aint gun can do more spread shots than bow?

but then again at a single shot arrow can split into multiple projectiles

but still Bow Really looks epicly cool when it is on a proper person/mecha

like this one

but man guns like

this can really do make the difference >_<
Old 2009-03-06, 11:17   Link #20
Fishfood1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

maybe... rocket booster for quick dashes?

or maybe beam sabre(that'll be awesome!).

but honoka's QT-arms design is really cool, and that bow make it look cooler than some giant cannon.

roof>bed