Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
Spoiler for 2009 GUNDAM BIG EXPO:
Old 2010-01-07, 05:49   Link #16162
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Hmm, out of Gundam Throne Zwei, Eins, Drei and Arios, which one would you suggest is the nicest kit?

Also, a question: Does Arios and Kyrios require painting? Also, I heard HG Kyrios was a bad kit; is Arios any better?
Eins is pretty nice in my opinion but all the Throne kits require ALOT OF PAINTING,especially Eins.For Eins,the GN Rifle,GN Launcher as well as some details here and there,like the small part for yellow on the legs.I didnt realise Eins needed it until almost 2 years of possesing it thugh.

Zwei requires the painting on the skirts,not as much as Eins but is much more obvious and noticable.Drei needs the least I think but some parts need to painted with grey.

Arche......well,personally Arche is disaster in colors personally but this is because of my taste.I dislike its shade of red,as well as it grey joints.So spray painted my Arche fully dark red [mixing wine red and some black in the mixture],and then painted the joints silver [more specifically gunchrome].

But it does not require that much I think if your fine with it the way it is.Its pretty huge too,but the leg articulation deserves much to be desired.ITs not too bad on its own,but the leg beam sabers are a bit limited in how cool they can look due to limitation of the leg articulations.

Warning though,the leg beam sabers are come colorless,so you need to paint them clear red.

Personally,I just love the sideskirts.Too bad the MS wasnt designed to be transformable liek the Throne Eins Turbelenz though.

Quote:
^ ok. Do the orange Arios and Kyrios require painting though? I've heard that somewhere.
Kyrios does not require that much painting,it can look fine without it but the back skirt needs to be painted orange.The shoulders need to be paint black as well,on the inner section of the top part.But I have some personal problems with some articulation of the kit a bit,though its not bad actually.

Arios requires little painting,the only part that needs it is

a)Twin Beam Rifle's Crystal sensor,clear blue
b)Feet,insides must be painted black
c)Beam Shield,the middle surface must be painted black.

And if you want,you can paint the Condensers clear green but the default black is already fine actually if you dont want to go through the trouble.

By the way,I assuem your talking about HGs here,all of them.
Old 2010-01-07, 05:50   Link #16163
Un1ver5e

Send a message via MSN to Un1ver5e
I'm not too sure about Kyrios. For Arios, the only parts I know of that are not anime-accurate are the internal portions of the claws and the knee flaps(stickers used).

-edit- Oops, Sonic addressed it. His is more accurate.

You could have a look at the out-of-box-condition kits at dalong: http://www.dalong.net/review/00.htm
Un1ver5e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 05:56   Link #16164
bio9205
Reborn

You may have heard bad things on HG Kyrios because it's true - many parts tend to fall of real easily.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 06:19   Link #16165
Haladflire65
*Artist

I'm getting the impression that Arios would be the best choice... Confirmation anyone? Also, thanks for that site, Un1ver5e. It's pretty great
Old 2010-01-07, 07:13   Link #16166
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I'd say Arios or Arche,your call

I do know that HG 00 owns both of them if you havent owned it yet.But I get the feeling that you do.
Old 2010-01-07, 08:50   Link #16167
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
gentlemens pls start drawing out $$$$$

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 09:00   Link #16168
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
LOL as usual just the boxart is worth it. definitely getting this one
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 09:32   Link #16169
pumpkins

Quote:
^ ok. Do the orange Arios and Kyrios require painting though? I've heard that somewhere.
not much painting need on them.. i found the zwei the worst, side skirts + nearly the whole sword.

i find the arios much better than the kyrios, the transformation is a bit simpler and you dont need to take the legs apart and stuff.. and the arios comes with the seed stand.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 09:44   Link #16170
GNWeapon
On Trial

Anxiously looking forward to the release date of next month of the 00 7SG, I'm looking forward to adding 6 more swords to my current 'decked' XN 00 on 10 swords.

And something to add (not related to above): There is no model kit that does not require any painting.
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 10:12   Link #16171
Alexus_Z3
new to gunpla

hmm can't wait to see 007S boxart
Alexus_Z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 12:13   Link #16172
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkins View Post
not much painting need on them.. i found the zwei the worst, side skirts + nearly the whole sword.
Thats what I'd thought too,until very recently I compared my Throne Eins model to the actual professional picture and found that the launcher is wayyyyyyyyyy off,so is the rifle.Some parts of the launcher uses the same color as Seravee's main color,though I do not know how to describe that color's name,nor how to replicate it.

But its not as obvious as Zwei's,I missed it for almost 2 years.
Old 2010-01-07, 13:11   Link #16173
GNWeapon
On Trial

^
You can actually mix the colors
GNWeapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 14:49   Link #16174
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

I know,I just dont know what colors to mix to get that.I cant read japanese to read the color guide either.

Hell,I dotn even know what to call the color that is seravee's main color,other than the black I mean.I'm referring to the color of its feet and chest.Some parts of Eins's colors are the same as that.
Old 2010-01-07, 20:14   Link #16175
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Eins is pretty nice in my opinion but all the Throne kits require ALOT OF PAINTING,especially Eins.For Eins,the GN Rifle,GN Launcher as well as some details here and there,like the small part for yellow on the legs.I didnt realise Eins needed it until almost 2 years of possesing it thugh.

Zwei requires the painting on the skirts,not as much as Eins but is much more obvious and noticable.Drei needs the least I think but some parts need to painted with grey.
my 144 drei did need some painting ie the grey parts (gun), yellow (head vents and knee caps) and black on the legs. some brown for the GN vents and 3 areas for some white (forearms). i dont know if the 100 drei has grey parts for the gn vents but if its anything like the 144 it will need painting. though i probably did the same amount of paint it would probably require for the other 2 thrones. i really hate using stickers unless the details are too small and annoying to paint.

i dont follow the exact color proportions. all i can say is that you got to experiment mixing the colours and keep the color choices simple.

Last edited by X207; 2010-01-07 at 20:27.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:41   Link #16176
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
THe GNX boxart looks great.
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 20:52   Link #16177
Haladflire65
*Artist

Hm, but in terms of articulation and design, is Eins ok? It's just the colours, right? I dunno why I'm so attracted to it. Maybe it's the huge GN Launcher.
But I'll probably go with the Arios since it's cheaper, plus it comes with a stand
Old 2010-01-07, 20:58   Link #16178
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Robot Damashii F-91 Gundam.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2686/...56cd5b2b_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/...5b01226b_o.jpg
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 21:36   Link #16179
Zantetsuken

looks incredibly plain...
Old 2010-01-07, 21:59   Link #16180
GN0010 Nosferatu