AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 03 Rating
Perfect 10 35 27.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 49 38.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.91%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.78%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-23, 02:31   Link #41
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Agreed. She can't become oyome-san after this. Hei will have to sekinin totte.

Are we still talking DtB and not just a typical harem series?
DtB's halfway there, though, considering how women fall for Hei. As the pink-haired chick in season one said, he's tall, good looking, and has such soft skin. Squeal~
Old 2009-10-23, 03:31   Link #42
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Im sorry but... i need my fangirl moment.

Spoiler for Sexy back:
At least now we have a clue of why Yin ran away and why she was buttnaked in his vision.
Old 2009-10-23, 03:44   Link #43
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Im sorry but... i need my fangirl moment.

Spoiler for Sexy back:
Dear GOD
(Hei is going down the pedo way really fast XD )

Anyways I'm still waiting for the subs and after I get them expect one really long post XD
Old 2009-10-23, 05:00   Link #44
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
At least now we have a clue of why Yin ran away and why she was buttnaked in his vision.
LOL! This. XD
Old 2009-10-23, 06:16   Link #45
aardvark

Wow I can't believe I didn't realize that
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-23, 06:19   Link #46
borkborkbork

Spoiler for Suou's change:
Old 2009-10-23, 06:28   Link #47
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Wow, that last back and forth between Mao and Hei... just... wow...
Spoiler:

Oh the suspense. It really looks like it's gonna be a DtB season.
Old 2009-10-23, 06:49   Link #48
baioslaio
Per Magnusson

Send a message via MSN to baioslaio
Im beginning to think that Hei's power got transferred into Suou through that pendant..
Old 2009-10-23, 06:58   Link #49
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
Hei's response to your wild accusation regarding Yin,

Hei: But she said, she was a "doll."
Old 2009-10-23, 07:01   Link #50
Bordix

I was hoping to see round 2 for the magician and Hei, but noooo the homo-golem guy had to smash him like a fly.

So hei really killed Suou's father? Hei didn't even bother denying Suou's accusation, or was he too drunk to do that?
Old 2009-10-23, 07:07   Link #51
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
So hei really killed Suou's father? Hei didn't even bother denying Suou's accusation, or was he too drunk to do that?
He probably just didn't care; as I've said, he's not really big on his life right now as shown by his poor lifestyle. He doesn't even have the drive to deny or explain things like that whether he did it or not, although Suou's accusations of him killing even his lover or family obviously pushed him enough.
Old 2009-10-23, 07:18   Link #52
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bordix View Post
i was hoping to see round 2 for the magician and hei, but noooo the homo-golem guy had to smash him like a fly.
"Biiiiiiiiiiiigggg Maaagnuuummm!!"
Old 2009-10-23, 07:23   Link #53
neshru

So this girl is gonna awake, and for whatever reason it looks like a big, big deal, and what happens? She summons a big ass sniper rifle from her necklace. Seriously, could that scene have been any more random? It was plain ridiculous.
Old 2009-10-23, 07:57   Link #54
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

It'll be interesting to see exactly what her power is. The sniper rifle materializing may not be it exactly, and it may be more general. Just choose a sniper rifle because it was a familiar weapon from her childhood hideout? Who knows.

The big question of the episode has to be July. Why did he help Suo in her attempt to kill his contractors? While dolls have shown some consciousness, this seems like a really strange decision. That said, with the whole Yin thing, maybe there's something deeper going on with the whole relationship...even definition of dolls and contractors.

Hei has never been heartless. It's all been mostly an act, and if it wasn't understood through all the naunces in season one, they pretty much bludgeoned you with it when his sister basically apologizes in a very round-about way for forcing him to live such a path and how hard it must be for him. Suo's accusations sting, and it showed. The poor guy has been labeled a contractor, but doesn't have emotional safeguards they do as he actually does feel since it's not really him who's the contractor, but his sister who has fused with him.

Hei looks to remain powerless until they reach Japan and possibly run back into the crazy doctor. That trap seemed to have been developed specifically for Hei by the doctor, so hopefully it can be reversed. Though it seemed to be doing something they weren't prepared for at the end, and was it just a coincidence that Suo became a contractor at that point? Or, probably more accurately, a moratorium since she didn't have a renumeration yet (though she looks to be a contractor now). Technically, Hei's abilities can make someone a contractor according to the doctor from season one.

I'm still curious as to what Shion's power is and why it is so important to find/capture/use him. And how it ties to the meteor shard.

Tanya just keeps getting taller with longer legs.

A billion dollars that section 35 is really just another arm of the syndicate.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:08   Link #55
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
The big question of the episode has to be July. Why did he help Suo in her attempt to kill his contractors? While dolls have shown some consciousness, this seems like a really strange decision. That said, with the whole Yin thing, maybe there's something deeper going on with the whole relationship...even definition of dolls and contractors.
Actually none of the people in this episode were aligned with July; his allies are dead. (April and November) There were just the Japanese and Russian agents here, besides Hei and co., so there's no puzzle behind why he was against them. I just don't get why he helped Hei and co.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:09   Link #56
Irkalla
I asked for this

Ok, Heis newly (or not) acquired loli tastes aside, this ep was pretty damn epic. As much as I hated the first episode, the outcome of this ep was pretty sweet. I'm thankful that the school kids fillers are finally beginning to die, just hope Tanya goes buh-bye soon too. New loli looked quite dangerous with that, anti tank rifle? Though the powerup reminded me kinda of those magical girls transformations. Anti tank rifle, make up! Seriously, is that much loli exposure really necessary? Though, the killing spree later on made up for it, and of course, seeing Hei shirtless with his facial pubes. Would have preferred him tying(+assaulting, groping...) up Misaki, but oh well, can't have everything.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:18   Link #57
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... That was surprising. I mean, Suou suddenly popped out a sniper rifle and became an instant sniper. I wonder...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-10-23, 08:26   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

^ Zaseka

Soooo....why do we want the school kids to die?
Old 2009-10-23, 08:34   Link #59
Irkalla
I asked for this

Because they are annoying fillers who make this anime too school-cliche-herem-ish, for me at least. They outserved their usefulness when Suou awoke her powers.
Old 2009-10-23, 08:49   Link #60
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Oh, my bad. For some reason I had thought they were on the same side, but obviously they're not. Smashing his face in makes a lot more sense now.
Closed Thread