AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-15, 02:25   Link #61
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Well Azami has jumped up my radar quite a bit these last few chapters. i reallyy liked her when she was introduced, bu she was nowhere to be seen for awhile.

I juuust read through this manga today, I must say that though there is alot of "Ganta-hate" here, I have definatly seen more pathetic protagonists before. He doesnt bother me much as he has some values he stands up for and acts on.

I also really like Mina, though tht went down when all Ganta's friends were jumping ship*a large part of that was repaired in chapter 29). I wish she got a few more lines though, she is very quotable iand funny when annoyed,\. I evevn kind lliked her crazy side, probably because I saw it coming. And shes hot i wouldnt be surprised if she were one of the more popular characters.

Shiro maintains her "Lucy" status. That is, very cute and likable but you know that once she tightens her screws its not gonna work out.

Last edited by alu546; 2010-02-15 at 02:58.
Old 2010-02-15, 21:46   Link #62
ellifeedn
Thinker

The tragedy meter is rising ever higher.
Old 2010-02-19, 10:43   Link #63
SMT
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Well Azami has jumped up my radar quite a bit these last few chapters. i reallyy liked her when she was introduced, bu she was nowhere to be seen for awhile.

I juuust read through this manga today, I must say that though there is alot of "Ganta-hate" here, I have definatly seen more pathetic protagonists before. He doesnt bother me much as he has some values he stands up for and acts on.

I also really like Mina, though tht went down when all Ganta's friends were jumping ship*a large part of that was repaired in chapter 29). I wish she got a few more lines though, she is very quotable iand funny when annoyed,\. I evevn kind lliked her crazy side, probably because I saw it coming. And shes hot i wouldnt be surprised if she were one of the more popular characters.
I completly agree with you. At first Ganta was rather unlikeable but now I don't really mind him anymore.(up to chapter 29)
And yeah Hummingbird is cool, my favourite of this manga so far.

Then I personally hope the following plot won't be as predictable as I'm imagining it right now.

They all think about how they depressed Ganta and feel bad about it, then they reunite with him again and try to rescue him. While doing that they get killed(or a few maybe, to install more dramatic)

That'd be pretty average and I hope it won't be like this...
Old 2010-03-02, 11:05   Link #64
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Azami is probably going to die from withdrawals, We got some great revelations this chapter like the fact that ganta originally lived in the prison, It explains how he and shiro had met previously. I get a feeling that in the next few chapters he's gonna find out that shiro is the wretched egg.
Old 2010-03-12, 03:54   Link #65
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Chap 30 :

Makina's team gonna fight .
Shiro and Azami "Trying to save a guy like that doesn't mean that we are idiots too ?" lol
Shishito is introduced .
Old 2010-03-13, 04:36   Link #66
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Azami is probably going to die from withdrawals, We got some great revelations this chapter like the fact that ganta originally lived in the prison, It explains how he and shiro had met previously. I get a feeling that in the next few chapters he's gonna find out that shiro is the wretched egg.
Im pretty sure what she was addicted to was mental and not physical,ofcourse that doesnt rule out death as your mind will do funky things to you if you let it.

However, there shouldnt be withdrawals like we are used to seeing, it is far more likely that whatever she might go through will be PTSDish.
Old 2010-03-13, 18:39   Link #67
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

I've had about enough of Minatsuki now. She's a great character, but we already knew a lot about her character. Hopefully, next chapter we'll get more on Senji instead. We really don't know anything about him.
Old 2010-03-13, 22:08   Link #68
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I LOLed when the DW guards tossed away their berets and uniforms. It was so cool.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-03-14, 03:54   Link #69
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, felt like graduation from prison Classic chapter, although it seems we got a Crona-like weirdo join the group...these types always worry me to no end, they range from helpful to mentally deranged.
Old 2010-03-14, 04:01   Link #70
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well can't wait to see what Minaka's gonna do next and whether the entire prison security force will go down with her.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-03-15, 03:01   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yep classic .
Gonna be a big fight against the forgeries unit 1 .
Senjo and cie will be hurt badly again ? like Senjo will lost the other arm or a leg for the sake of Ganta
Old 2010-03-15, 09:16   Link #72
Wrath88
Kissing...

The thing is, the virus makes it too risky for any of them to get a single wound, unless they react fast enough to tear out the wound before infection sets in, but then that would create an opening.
Old 2010-03-15, 10:41   Link #73
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

So am i the only one who thinks this manga is going to end soon, I don't really see an arc beyond this one with all the stuff happening.
Old 2010-03-15, 13:28   Link #74
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah me too , cuz the bad guy will be pawned soon , well maybe .
Maybe he'll manage to escape then will come back with more "forgeries" or others strange experiments .
Otherwise , a new bad guy ...
But we didn't know much about Shiro .
Old 2010-03-15, 15:37   Link #75
Xacual

Well Ganta probably won't learn that Shiro is the Wretched Egg in this arc, so at least one more after this one.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-03-15, 17:01   Link #76
ellifeedn
Thinker

I can think of several different ways this series can be stretched, which I hope won't happen to a great extent. We could have: Ganta learning the truth about Shiro; groups outside of the prison trying to create their own Deadmen; a new type of Deadman that can use their bones (for whatever reason); Tamaki himself becoming a Deadman and declaring dominance. Who knows?
Old 2010-03-16, 11:07   Link #77
Ashaman

I want to know more about Ganta and his connection to DW. I mean, he lived there before the earthquake, fair enough. But when I re-read a flashback, I couldn't help but think how it seemed Shiro was being experimented on even before the earthquake. By Ganta's mother no less. Or at least that is the impression I got.

So that's something that I want to know too. About Ganta's family.
Old 2010-03-16, 12:18   Link #78
Wrath88
Kissing...

Question: How did they even capture the Wretched Egg in the first place? That might be tied to a lot.
Old 2010-04-11, 15:42   Link #79
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Sheesh, i'd do anything to know what the hell happened in the last three pages of chapter 34
Old 2010-04-11, 20:37   Link #80
ellifeedn
Thinker

Where did you find chapter 34?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, shounen