AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 33 52.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-03, 10:13   Link #41
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
My bad. No need to argue with that. It's just that I'm a Yandere lover and giving dead eyes reminds me of one. So don't scold me OKAY. No need to be so serious.
Yes, it's those eye that make you think that. I do know what you mean. But if you want the true definition of a yandere, read Mirai Nikki.

Quote:
We won't know for sure. Maybe a little clumsiness in her part.
Something like that... lol.
Old 2010-12-03, 10:20   Link #42
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Tsundere? Yes, Tsukasa is a pretty clear case of type B tsundere, but yandere she is not
You think so? I have my doubts - which partially stems (admittedly) from me knowing that she's gonna smash the prime directive of tsundereness in the next ep... but... I think it's actually the opposite of tsundere in a way, even now.

What makes her relationship with Junichi special is that with HIM, she is actually genuine. Not false. She may mess with his mind, but in general, what she says is exactly what she thinks. How does this mesh with being tsundere, which defines itself about NOT being honest about their own feelings?
Old 2010-12-03, 10:21   Link #43
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yes, it's those eye that make you think that. I do know what you mean. But if you want the true definition of a yandere, read Mirai Nikki.
Spoiler for For not spoiling others:

Maybe because I rewatched School Days a few days ago that everybody with dead eyes reminds me of that Yandere .
Old 2010-12-03, 10:25   Link #44
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

8/10

Tsukasa's notebook and her reason why she hates her family better be something that would blow me away. So I guess Tsukasa is the tsundere character in this series. Man, I just hope we get to see more of her interactions but unfortunately her arc is the last. Isn't it better if her arc is the first or 2nd in the series? So we can see how she will "really" react in other girls arcs. Anyway I still have this fear that her arc will be the Founder's Festival arc...but I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Quote:
And why couldn't she walk to the tap? I mean, her foot is already dirty. Plot devices...
Yeah that was quite odd. I think it would be a lot more logical if she had a sprained ankle just like when Manaka carried Satsuki in Ichigo 100%
Old 2010-12-03, 10:27   Link #45
justavisitor

10/10 !!

Now please give us the best ending this time...our main hero still does not show any major sign of liking Tsukasa..normally I would not worry since this is just the episode 2, but after what I saw in last arc..I am not that sure anymore XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-03, 10:31   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
our main hero still does not show any major sign of liking Tsukasa
Do you honestly think that?
Old 2010-12-03, 10:34   Link #47
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Actually, they're in the friend zone which was not the case at the start of this arc.
Old 2010-12-03, 10:35   Link #48
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
10/10 !!

Now please give us the best ending this time...our main hero still does not show any major sign of liking Tsukasa..normally I would not worry since this is just the episode 2, but after what I saw in last arc..I am not that sure anymore XD
Out of 5, they only did it with Rihoko. No way will they screw it up with Ayatsuji, especially since she's the last girl. If the directors really do, something is wrong with their minds...If you ask me, they may not have even gone for the best ending for Sae, who is the least popular, but they still gave her the best ending...So don't you worry...

After watching this episode, I guess I can learn something from Tachibana: it's the thought that counts, even if you are a weirdo (bananas and energy drinks and all for a start)

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2010-12-03, 10:38   Link #49
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well I do. Because of Rihoko's arc, I really had doubts of what the animators wanted to prove. Maybe trolling the viewers or putting an element of surprise. Cause we are all expecting a happy ending, and then boom, "just friends".
But it's really a shame if they are planning to put another end to this one other than a happy end. It's too sad to think and watch a development as this one only to fall short. So I'm praying hard that it should not happen. Cause I love to have Tsukasa-chan her HAPPY END.
Old 2010-12-03, 10:43   Link #50
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
well, let me say I am in a bit of panic mode after seeing the last arc ...I just feel it's not enough...compare to Haruka or Ai's arc

@Kusa-San
very true, they did progress a bit..now at least they are in the friend zone (and seems like Tsukasa wants a bit more at the end of the episode XD)

@eplipswich
True..hope they won't mess up the game cover girl
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-12-03, 12:05   Link #51
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Where is this masochist talk coming from? This isn't MM... ^_^;
snip
Just to be clear, I was being flippant. But it's undeniable that she has a devilish, teasing side, which while intimidating, actually turns me on. That's essentially what I was trying to get at. Remember in the beginning of the episode when she grabbed Juinichi by the collar, and said in that domineering voice, "Don't speak without permission".? That's where the "I'm converting to masochism" came from, and I'm sure I speak for quite a few people.
Old 2010-12-03, 12:46   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The "real" Ayatsuji is a lot nicer than I thought she'd be. I'd say she's rather normal, actually. It's the perfect Ayatsuji that's weird.

Haruka was great as usual. I like her, she says okie-dokie.

Apparently, no one has mentioned this yet so I guess I'll have to: the dog (they even went as far as to pick the same dog to make it ever more obvious) didn't warm up to Tsukasa's sister no matter what she did, yet he warmed up to Tsukasa herself right away. My, my, what could this mean? Tsukasa's sister is the one hiding an "evil" personality, that's what. I bet she's actually a real bitch under her airhead facade. That's why Tsukasa can't stand her.
Old 2010-12-03, 12:51   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Tsundere? Yes, Tsukasa is a pretty clear case of type B tsundere, but yandere she is not
What is nice about Amagami is that none of the girls fit into one specific archetype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Yeah that was quite odd. I think it would be a lot more logical if she had a sprained ankle just like when Manaka carried Satsuki in Ichigo 100%
More logical, but if she sprained it, she wouldn't be able to work on the festival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The "real" Ayatsuji is a lot nicer than I thought she'd be. I'd say she's rather normal, actually. It's the perfect Ayatsuji that's weird.

Haruka was great as usual. I like her, she says okie-dokie.

Apparently, no one has mentioned this yet so I guess I'll have to: the dog (they even went as far as to pick the same dog to make it ever more obvious) didn't warm up to Tsukasa's sister no matter what she did, yet he warmed up to Tsukasa herself right away. My, my, what could this mean? Tsukasa's sister is the one hiding an "evil" personality, that's what. I bet she's actually a real bitch under her airhead facade. That's why Tsukasa can't stand her.
So both sisters put up fronts but the older one is genuinely mean? Interesting.
Old 2010-12-03, 13:21   Link #54
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
What is nice about Amagami is that none of the girls fit into one specific archetype.
But Tsukasa got me confused of what type of girl she really is. Tsundere, perfect, normal, etc. That what makes her interesting. Her personality varies in this episode alone.
Quote:
More logical, but if she sprained it, she wouldn't be able to work on the festival.
Or maybe Junichi just wanted to grope Tsukasa's ass. Remember that Junichi is the one suggested the piggy back ride. Maybe Tsukasa's screaming "pervert" is a valid response.
Quote:
So both sisters put up fronts but the older one is genuinely mean? Interesting.
Lol. But offering a dog a sports drink? That makes it even weird.
Old 2010-12-03, 13:35   Link #55
Shadow5YA

Quote:
But Tsukasa got me confused of what type of girl she really is. Tsundere, perfect, normal, etc. That what makes her interesting. Her personality varies in this episode alone.

Or maybe Junichi just wanted to grope Tsukasa's ass. Remember that Junichi is the one suggested the piggy back ride. Maybe Tsukasa's screaming "pervert" is a valid response.

It's definitely a perk, but Junichi was really just shifting Tsukasa up since his grip on her was slipping. I know this happens from personal experience.

As for Tsukasa's sister, I can find a reason to dislike Tsukasa's sister even without Tsukasa telling me. She's a complete ditz and even more air-headed than Haruka. Junichi asks her how Tsukasa is doing, and she has no idea, nor does she bother to make an effort. There she is, just playing with the dog with a care in the world. It's no wonder Tsukasa dislikes her if she appears that annoyingly innocent. That innocence is borelining incompetence. Whether the sister really is like that is another question, but for now she appears extremely childish and needs to act her own age.

Maybe that's what's going through Tsukasa's mind.
Old 2010-12-03, 14:16   Link #56
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol I liked the bit with Jun-chan's imagination about Hibiki to kick in, only to be stopped by Tsukasa and twice no less. I don't know whether or not to curse Tsukasa from stopping us seeing Hibiki in Santa bikini as I found that scene pretty funny.

Pretty good ep all around, still going strong so far.

Looking forward to next ep!
Old 2010-12-03, 14:36   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This discussion of Ayatsuji is interesting to me, because as I was watching the episode I actually wondered if it was a satire of the tsundere archetype - that's how classic a "Type B" she was coming off as to me. Unless these are spoilers from the source material, I don't see the yandere thing at all based on what we've seen on screen. I've rarely seen the tsundere trope taken so literally - as in from one sentence to the next, multiple times over the episode. It almost played like a split-personality disorder - and when you think about it, tsundere is basically a split-personality disorder played for moe and laughs...
Old 2010-12-03, 14:36   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
She wanted to poison it. She's evil, I tell you!
Old 2010-12-03, 14:44   Link #59
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

I like 'em feisty

Oh man, I'm sure glad that Tsukasa is the last girl because they saved the best for last. Sure, I certainly did enjoy the Haruka, Kaoru and Ai arcs just as much but Tsukasa is just far more interesting on so many levels than the previous girls I mentioned.

I think I'm in love Tsukasa is already my favorite girl after the first 2 episodes and I'm sure the final 2 episodes won't disappoint. Although I would have liked to have seen 2 more episodes dedicated to her or even just 1 would have done the trick.

While Tsukasa might not be the cutest girl out of some of the other heroines, she is the most intriguing. At least in my opinion

"Beauty captures the attention, but personality captures the heart"

I'm sure Junichi would agree

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-12-03, 15:17   Link #60
Itlandm
Porcupine

Conscious, deliberate hypocrisy is an absolute turn-off for me. So, no love for this one so far. Pity, yes, but that hardly carries a show. She needs to reflect on herself and change her life around.

Of course, I am not really the target audience of a show like this, so carry on.
Closed Thread