Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 18:47   Link #21
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
After chapter 23, please Kazama recognize that Takao likes you already! Though to be honest did she herself in this chapter finally realize it too? It seemed that way at the end.
I thought Takao knew from that start that she herself liked Kazama? What made you think otherwise?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 18:51   Link #22
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
I thought Takao knew from that start that she herself liked Kazama? What made you think otherwise?
To be honest I'm not sure. I always just felt like she didn't notice herself the way she was acting yet still wanting to hang around him. I mean she didn't even notice she was being jealous until after the fact here.

Another chapter and we're introduced to Kazama's little sister that no one knew existed! Funny how they all identified her after touching her hair.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-05-14 at 20:27.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 18:52   Link #23
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ch 23

Takao~!!!!

Mai lovable Takao~ gets even more lovable!

Kenji you lucky bastard!

ch 24

Finally get to see Kenji's imouto!

There is surprisingly alot to comment on in this chapter.

first how the gang id her just by touching her hair.

"So this firmness runs in the family~(Although I didn't touch it)"

"Unkempt hair!?"

Tsukkomi, a Kazuma famliy trait!

And Takao once again show how amazing she is

and finally "Onii-chan~!" strong in this one, the moe is.

God I love this series, bloody hilarious lol!
Old 2011-05-15, 19:20   Link #24
Xacual

Have you guys seen the Takabondo chapter? A glimpse of Takao's home life with her sisters and mom. It came out a while ago but it's not on any reader sites so I hadn't read it until last night when I saw it listed on mangaupdates.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-05-16, 07:55   Link #25
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Thank you for scanlating it decchi ;_;
Anyway, someone kept forcing me to read this manga once, but then I understand why he likes it so much :P There's too much random here and there, but it keeps entertaining me Not to mention that all the girls are pretty much likable too

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 16:37   Link #26
oDin01

Count me as a fan of the manga. I'm not a big fan of the gag genre but the romantic subplot keeps me coming back for more. The Takao x Kenji chapters are always my favorite. I'm glad that Takao is getting more screen time. I thought she was just a running gag in the beginning but she really is the best character in the manga.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 16:59   Link #27
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
I couldn't stop laughing at the last page of chapter 24. That was simply hillarious. "He bought the most expensive ice cream for me."

Silaqui.
Old 2011-05-16, 21:51   Link #28
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
I couldn't stop laughing at the last page of chapter 24. That was simply hillarious. "He bought the most expensive ice cream for me."

Silaqui.
Yeah the last two pages of the chapter were my favorite. Especially Kazama and Noe's faces on the last page when she told him she went to his club.

Old 2011-05-17, 15:28   Link #29
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Gosh, has there ever been a time where SO many random nobodies are just freggin' awesome!? Letting Kazuma go ahead to buy the game so he can catch up to Takao was very considerate.

Takao has really been making me love her the most . I liked Sakura the most after chap 13, with Roka in close second. I liked Takao, but not to the degree you guys did, but now, I'm starting to convert. She was just too damn lovable in chap 23. It definitely helps that Kazama is such a great male lead, being more concerned about Takao's health at the end despite his gripes.

side note: I absolutely LOVE the way the mangaka draws the girls' smiles really 'curvy', they are SOO CUTE ! They draw them like that in Denpa Onno Seishun Otoko too(specifically Meme).

Imagine this is Takao =03.
Quote:
Have you guys seen the Takabondo chapter? A glimpse of Takao's home life with her sisters and mom. It came out a while ago but it's not on any reader sites so I hadn't read it until last night when I saw it listed on mangaupdates.
Indeed =03. I actually forgot all about that until chap 23, so I went back to re-read it. That was a hilarious short indeed =03. Takao's mom's quibble about how Takao had gotten her FABULOUS genes(with the arrows to denote it ) really made my day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo-chin View Post
and finally "Onii-chan~!" strong in this one, the moe is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
Quote:
Yeah the last two pages of the chapter were my favorite. Especially Kazama and Noe's faces on the last page when she told him she went to his club.
YES indeed, I really like how their relationship is really close with each other despite him being a 'delinquent'. I had thought of her being a bit of a nag after she was mentioned in chap 15(?). The 'dere force is strong on her . Even before she mentioned her name, she reminded me of the "N"s of brotherly love; Nao(Oniichan KoNaZen) and Noa(Oniichan Control). Ironically, her name is Noe .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 23:55   Link #30
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Takao really reminds me Eri from School Rumble and Hina from Hayate, because seemingly second-role character goes in and takes one of the leading roles.

And yeah, Kazuma X Takao scenes are always the best. He has more chemistry with her than with Roka.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2011-05-18 at 12:41.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-18, 10:18   Link #31
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo View Post
Takao really reminds me Eri from School Days and Hina from Hayate, because seemingly second-role character goes in and takes one of the leading roles.
You mean School Rumble ?
Old 2011-05-18, 10:30   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Takao really reminds me Eri from School Days and Hina from Hayate, because seemingly second-role character goes in and takes one of the leading roles.

And yeah, Kazuma X Takao scenes are always the best. He has more chemistry with her than with Roka.
That might be that, but there's also the possibility that her characters haven't been developed well until the current chapter so her chemistry with Kazama is still...inferior compared to Takao

Old 2011-05-18, 10:59   Link #33
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
That might be that, but there's also the possibility that her[Roka?] characters haven't been developed well until the current chapter so her chemistry with Kazama is still...inferior compared to Takao
If you are indeed talking referring to Roka up there, I get what you are saying. Like I just said above, I really liked Sakura after chap 13, which was the chapter that those two spent some quality time together. The same thing happened with Takao. Although I generally like most of the chars very much, it's these moments with Kazama X girl that really bring out the girl's personality, as opposed to being supplement to some other char's jokes all the time(I'm certainly not looking down on those moments mind you). Perhaps when Roka gets her chance, it's possible we'll see something out of her we haven't seen yet.

Now that I think about it, she did mention about that pouch, which I thought was just some stupid gag thing. I wonder if there's some kind of meaning in Kazama taking care of it? What does it actually represent that would make Roka so happy? I'm curious to see if that is the only one she has, as it may just have some kind of sentimental value to her.
Old 2011-05-18, 11:22   Link #34
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
If you are indeed talking referring to Roka up there, I get what you are saying. Like I just said above, I really liked Sakura after chap 13, which was the chapter that those two spent some quality time together. The same thing happened with Takao. Although I generally like most of the chars very much, it's these moments with Kazama X girl that really bring out the girl's personality, as opposed to being supplement to some other char's jokes all the time(I'm certainly not looking down on those moments mind you). Perhaps when Roka gets her chance, it's possible we'll see something out of her we haven't seen yet.

Now that I think about it, she did mention about that pouch, which I thought was just some stupid gag thing. I wonder if there's some kind of meaning in Kazama taking care of it? What does it actually represent that would make Roka so happy? I'm curious to see if that is the only one she has, as it may just have some kind of sentimental value to her.
We know it's not the only one she has since she has been seen to do multiple pouch attacks at once.

Old 2011-05-18, 12:42   Link #35
Darknemo2000

Quote:
You mean School Rumble ?
Yeah, my bad. School Rumble it is.

Quote:
I think that particular scene was done more to raise Takao's jealousy rather than point at the development between Roka and Kazama.
Old 2011-06-03, 08:08   Link #36
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Chapter 25 is out---
....Wait, I don't understand this chapter at all o.o;

Old 2011-06-03, 09:23   Link #37
d-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Chapter 25 is out---
....Wait, I don't understand this chapter at all o.o;
The point is Hachi and Ataru wants to stuck their head into Kenji's bag because:
Hachi: Want to feel Roka's pouch
Ataru: He is maso

Funabori is just a victim
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 17:31   Link #38
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL my god ch 25 was hilarious!

I never actually thought that wanting to stick one's head into a school bag could be so funny, the thought of such a thing just kinda rings "meh" to me but when Funabori showed up dear god!

Seems my Takao, has some real competition for favorite character now, "HNNNNGGGHHHH" indeed!

oh and lol at Roka's reasons for disliking Hachi
Old 2011-06-03, 23:26   Link #39
Darknemo2000

Yeah, it was too silly to be funny. Without Takao this manga is kind of not all that great...
Old 2011-06-04, 22:08   Link #40
Xacual

Chapter 26 was great, so the mystery woman was Takao's mother! Also nice to see that Noe is taking part in this arc, I was afraid she'd only appear every so often.

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-06-04 at 22:30.

Tags
club, comedy, gag, school life, seinen, slice of life