AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Favourite Kanon (2006) Characters Poll (Multiple Choice!)
Yuuichi 86 40.19%
Ayu 104 48.60%
Nayuki 77 35.98%
Shiori 80 37.38%
Makoto 66 30.84%
Mai 100 46.73%
Akiko 37 17.29%
Akiko's Jam 42 19.63%
Kaori 21 9.81%
Jun 8 3.74%
Mishio 14 6.54%
Sayuri 62 28.97%
Piro 22 10.28%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-07, 05:21   Link #41
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Yeah, I agree. Someone's going to have to explain that because I don't see it either.
I don't fully agree with it, but in episode one of the 2006 series, as Yuuichi and Nayuki are exploring the town together, Nayuki says "You'll be living here forever. Forever and ever," which had a slight Kaede/psycho vibe to it if you look hard enough. (timestamp is Ep.1: 08:10-08:17)

Other than that one occurance (and maybe...MAYBE her not showing up to practice in the Ayu/Yuuichi date episode), I don't see it.
Old 2006-12-07, 05:32   Link #42
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
I don't fully agree with it, but in episode one of the 2006 series, as Yuuichi and Nayuki are exploring the town together, Nayuki says "You'll be living here forever. Forever and ever," which had a slight Kaede/psycho vibe to it if you look hard enough. (timestamp is Ep.1: 08:10-08:17)
Lol...if you mean : "If you look hard enough to start halucinating, you can find things that are not there" then yes (not addressed to you), otherwise i call it some random crap that some bloodthirsty fanatics have come up with that simply MUST have some sort of mentaly unstable character no matter what. If you think that scene had psycho vibes you have serious issues. (again, not directed at you, VRMN)
Old 2006-12-07, 05:42   Link #43
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

*Rewatches that scene*

Whaaat. I don't think so.

Ok, maybe in the sense that they're both constantly taken for granted (obviously much more true and harsher for Kaede than for Nayuki), but other than that they couldn't be more different. Nayuki has never really gone out of her way to take care of Kyuuichi, above and beyond the call of duty like Kaede did for Rin. I'd hardly call Nayuki's relationship with Kyuuichi subserviant... other than the fact that she has a crush on him (and he picks on her), they're fairly even and I think have a mutual respect for one another. Maybe if Nayuki
Spoiler:
I'd start to agree there are similarities, but until then....
Old 2006-12-07, 05:44   Link #44
Skane
Anime Snark

Hi. My online nick is Skane, and I have serious issues.

Jesting aside, for me, I find it fun to impose some fantasy onto the characters when they are taken out of context. The same reason why 'Dark Nanoha' and 'Bloodthirsty Raising Heart' are so popular.

Not to mention the countless couplings that have no other basis other than that it would be funny.

A... 'Wouldn't it be cool?' factor so to speak. Your mileage will vary.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-07, 05:59   Link #45
VRMN
Dangoism

I don't agree with it, but you asked where those psycho-Nayuki comments were coming from, and that's probably the root of a lot of it.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 06:06   Link #46
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yes, if taken out of context anything could happen and no one would be complaining. The fact is we are talking about it in-context. I rewatched the scene a good number of times just now. There is nothing that would even slightly hint on that direction. There is no emphasis put on those words what so ever no matter how you look at them.

And as Sorrow-K said - Kade and Nayuki couldn't be more different. Other than they are both some sort of childhood friends there is nothing more that would allow us to draw similarities between their situations. Besides, Nayuki has not seen Yuuichi for 7 or so years, while Kade was nothing short of a servant to Rin. Kaede was literally addicted to Rin, which is obviously not the case here.

Based on anything we have seen in the show "Nayuki is producing some Kaede vibes" is nothing more than wistful thinking of fans that love psycho characters. (Not saying it is bad to like psycho characters, i have nothing against seeing one once in a while, but this is obviously not the case)
Old 2006-12-07, 12:00   Link #47
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I just realised that.......

Once again, Jun gets no love.
Old 2006-12-07, 12:51   Link #48
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

Here's my top 2 Kanon characters

Ayu
She's cute and sweet and uguu just does it.

Shori
She's really sweet too and very polite
Old 2006-12-07, 14:26   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@skyfall: the only nit I would pick there is that very odd little sequence in the first episode where the camera zooms in on Nayuki's eye and she utters the phrase "and you'll live with us forever and ever and..."

That *was* a bit spooky. But outside of that (as far as the anime so far) Nayuki's been a sleepy little cute animal skritching blank slate.
Old 2006-12-07, 15:00   Link #50
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I understand how that could look spooky, but i rewatched the scene many times focusing on her voice, tone, emphasis on words, expression etc... none of that suggest anything outside of the norm She added them casualy as a quick follow up to the previous sentence, without the slightest emphasis on them, hor voice tone did not change in any way, her expression was as normal as it can get...her eye looked perfectly normal as well

I think people simply are too influenced by the psycho girlfriends shows tend to have. (Kaede , Kirino....). And the circumstances of the girls in those situations are very different from Nayuki's, as are their personality main traits. In Gift i was expecting Kirino to pull a Kaede on us ever since ep1, and i was proven right It is also the "aura" a certain character projects... the general feeling about a character. I see/sense/hear nothing of that in Nayuki, and i don't expect to be wrong on this one. (I am prepared to eat my words if i am proven wrong during the show, but i am not expecting it in the slightest ). Well, at least you(Vexx) know wether i am right or wrong, considering that you have seen the original Kanon, so it must be pretty amusing to read this if i am being wrong at the moment )

If one would look only at the zoom-in to the eye, yes - that might seem a bit creepy, considering the situations such an visual effect is usually used in, but using a part of some scene taken out of the context is not exactly the best way to form an objective opinion on the whole scene
Old 2006-12-07, 15:03   Link #51
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Ayu is my favorite ^-^ she is the best

following are:

Makoto, Sayuri, Mai, Shiroi and then Nayuki
Old 2006-12-07, 15:37   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
could it be the fact that she enjoys squeezing the life out of her frog give us kaede vibes?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-12-07, 16:34   Link #53
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I'm not sure what "Kaede vibes" are, but if they're similar to "super-nice-girl-gonna-snap-over-something-small vibes," then I'm feeling them, too.
Old 2006-12-07, 16:59   Link #54
VRMN
Dangoism

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I'm not sure what "Kaede vibes" are, but if they're similar to "super-nice-girl-gonna-snap-over-something-small vibes," then I'm feeling them, too.
See, I can understand this sort of viewpoint. Is Nayuki the same sort of character as Kaede? No. There are similarities, but they are minor. Nayuki obviously really likes Yuuichi, though not to the obsessive degree that Kaede liked Rin. I understand that much.

I've seen the original series, so I know how this will likely turn out, but I felt throughout that original series that if Yuuichi didn't choose Nayuki, that she would be absolutely crushed. I get the same vibe here. But, unlike Kaede, I feel that if Nayuki wasn't chosen, she would just be sad and not actually take action.

Spoiler for late 2K2 Kanon:
Old 2006-12-07, 17:20   Link #55
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
Spoiler for late 2K2 Kanon:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 17:39   Link #56
VRMN
Dangoism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Spoiler:
That's exactly the difference right there, and why I say that comparisons, while existant, are flawed at best.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 22:15   Link #57
Meophist

It's so easy on the Internet to get accidently spoiled on Shuffle!...

In any case, I'm not voting. This is not due to me protesting or something, but rather because I am incapable of finding a favourite character right now(despite having seen the 2002 version). For some reason, I can never find myself to hate any character, and in this case, I can't find myself liking any character enough to consider it my favourite. It's strange.
Old 2006-12-08, 00:49   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One reason I'm ambivalent about polls... good stories require *ensembles* of interesting characters. A really good story has me liking or admiring *all* the characters (be they good or evil).
Old 2006-12-08, 03:05   Link #59
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

The show's not over yet but I'll vote for Shiori. She's so so so much better in this version then the 2k2 Kanon. As long as they continue her the way they have so far I'll definately continue with her as my favorite.
Old 2006-12-09, 09:51   Link #60
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Now that her arc is completed, I *had* to vote for Makoto. Mishio also impressed me, kinda.. a very different tsundere.
And of course Mai, because she is pure moe~ness, especially if together with Sayuri. Ahaha~.

I also voted for Piro, because it made Makoto happy, and Akiko's Jam, because it's awesome (LOL).
Closed Thread