2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-11-30, 21:48   Link #661
Frostfire
No Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
Yes, the first season (Considering R2 isn't finished airing here yet)

THE BEST AND MOST EPIC FUCKING ANIME I HAVE EVER WATCHED!!!!!!!!!! BOTH SEASONS!!!!!
You probably shouldn't jump ahead of yourself. If you haven't watched the entire thing then don't declare it great before hand. Just a good bit of advice.
Frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 21:59   Link #662
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I was saying about the magazine. It's Code Geass, not R2. I should've said that "It isn't finished airing in the US" considering that it isn't airing here.

I watched it online (Hardest series to watch, it took FOREVER to find) But I'm watching the dub to see how they do.

And, yes, you're too late. I spoiled Euphie's death (I wasn't that hurt) by accident.
I spoiled Shirley's death because I was bored and I couldn't watch the next episode (14 or so) so I decided I'd take a peek at R2. I ended up watching the first few minutes of R2 14 :\
I spoiled Rolo's death, but I seen that coming and it was on purpose.
I also spoiled Lelouch's death. Stupid Wikipedia ;_; I was looking to see if C.C.'s name had been said and it was a short little sentence. Because I'm so used to reading subs I read it right fast before I was even finished scrolling ;_; Even though I had expected this from the very first episode of Code Geass, I was shocked. I started crying instantly.

I'm pure fail when it comes to not spoiling things
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 22:03   Link #663
Charred Knight

Well After episode 20 Lelouch had to die, either that or spend a life time atoning but it was probably to late to do that.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 22:09   Link #664
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Well After episode 20 Lelouch had to die, either that or spend a life time atoning but it was probably to late to do that.
After episode 20/21 he could have done any number of things. Unfortunately, he ended up next to the guy who wanted him dead and somehow ended up conceiving an absolutely insane plan.
Old 2008-11-30, 22:13   Link #665
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
After episode 20/21 he could have done any number of things. Unfortunately, he ended up next to the guy who wanted him dead and somehow ended up conceiving an absolutely insane plan.
he also ended up next to the girl who spent her entire life looking for a way to die
so he had lost all he cares for (nunnaly is dead and kallen and his ashford friends are all but lost to him)
and he has to spend his time next to
1)a guy who both wants to kill him AND has his own death wish
2)C.C (as stated above, spent hundreds of years trying to die)
no wonder he came up with this plan
he had no reason to live and no one to try and convince him to search for one
Old 2008-11-30, 22:17   Link #666
Charred Knight

Quote:
With as much crap as they needed to accomplish the only way the writers could get across that Lelouch truly feels bad for what he did was to show him dying for it.

Its kind of hard to put forth the idea that Lelouch feels bad about using Geass when he spams the damn thing all throughout the series.
Old 2008-11-30, 22:21   Link #667
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
With as much crap as they needed to accomplish the only way the writers could get across that Lelouch truly feels bad for what he did was to show him dying for it.

Its kind of hard to put forth the idea that Lelouch feels bad about using Geass when he spams the damn thing all throughout the series.
Lelouch always felt bad about it, but he wasn't evil bastard act/assisted suicidal about it. He did what he did for a better world. Only after the shit hit the fan did he go about it in the no holds barred way.
Old 2008-11-30, 22:57   Link #668
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonae View Post
I was saying about the magazine. It's Code Geass, not R2. I should've said that "It isn't finished airing in the US" considering that it isn't airing here.

I watched it online (Hardest series to watch, it took FOREVER to find) But I'm watching the dub to see how they do.

And, yes, you're too late. I spoiled Euphie's death (I wasn't that hurt) by accident.
I spoiled Shirley's death because I was bored and I couldn't watch the next episode (14 or so) so I decided I'd take a peek at R2. I ended up watching the first few minutes of R2 14 :\
I spoiled Rolo's death, but I seen that coming and it was on purpose.
I also spoiled Lelouch's death. Stupid Wikipedia ;_; I was looking to see if C.C.'s name had been said and it was a short little sentence. Because I'm so used to reading subs I read it right fast before I was even finished scrolling ;_; Even though I had expected this from the very first episode of Code Geass, I was shocked. I started crying instantly.

I'm pure fail when it comes to not spoiling things
Errr.....You just ruined Code Geass. Knowing spoilers ruins the unpredictability of the story. That's why I don't research for pictures , information or even enter forums or blogs when I haven't finish or seen the latest episode. You've been spoiled too much. Look at me. I'm not looking at the Gundam 00 thread and I have no idea what happens next.

Not knowing what happens next makes a big difference when watching and I'm afraid you can't have that feeling again. Not unless you erase your own memories and watch them again.

Just a tip. I have friends who were spoiled and I know how they feel.
Spring_sakura111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 23:22   Link #669
Charred Knight

Quote:
Lelouch always felt bad about it, but he wasn't evil bastard act/assisted suicidal about it. He did what he did for a better world. Only after the shit hit the fan did he go about it in the no holds barred way.
The problem is that how do you get that across when his doing the thing he despises. The only two ways I can think of is to have Lelouch proclaim that since he hates using geass he will never use geass again, or to have him die. The first was out of the question, so Lelouch could only do two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_sakura111 View Post
Errr.....You just ruined Code Geass. Knowing spoilers ruins the unpredictability of the story. That's why I don't research for pictures , information or even enter forums or blogs when I haven't finish or seen the latest episode. You've been spoiled too much. Look at me. I'm not looking at the Gundam 00 thread and I have no idea what happens next.

Not knowing what happens next makes a big difference when watching and I'm afraid you can't have that feeling again. Not unless you erase your own memories and watch them again.

Just a tip. I have friends who were spoiled and I know how they feel.
I never understood why people claim that a show is ten out of ten then state that the story is ruined by spoilers.

What's the score during the second viewing?

7/10?

I spoiled myself with Gurren Lagann, and still gave the show 10/10 Why? It's because I could watch the episodes over and over again.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:35   Link #670
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
The problem is that how do you get that across when his doing the thing he despises. The only two ways I can think of is to have Lelouch proclaim that since he hates using geass he will never use geass again, or to have him die. The first was out of the question, so Lelouch could only do two.
He never says he hates his Geass. In fact he's quite grateful for it. Even what he's done he doesn't feel the need to die for, at least not until Suzaku gets to him. You just want to portray everyone in this series in the worst possible light.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:50   Link #671
Charred Knight

Quote:
He never says he hates his Geass. In fact he's quite grateful for it. Even what he's done he doesn't feel the need to die for, at least not until Suzaku gets to him. You just want to portray everyone in this series in the worst possible light.
Considering that the interviews has made it clear that Lelouch did die to atone for his use of geass, I would say I am right.

Also I consider Lelouch hating geass to be a postive, it shows weakness, depth, and seperates him from Light Yagami.

Keep in mind that Lelouch states that the strong shouldn't abuse the weak, if Lelouch isn't doing that with geass than what is he doing.
Old 2008-12-01, 00:54   Link #672
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Considering that the interviews has made it clear that Lelouch did die to atone for his use of geass, I would say I am right.

Also I consider Lelouch hating geass to be a postive, it shows weakness, depth, and seperates him from Light Yagami.

Keep in mind that Lelouch states that the strong shouldn't abuse the weak, if Lelouch isn't doing that with geass than what is he doing.
The interviews say he died as a price for making his world, not for his Geass. Lelouch doesn't like the strong using their power to oppress the weak, not just general abuse.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:11   Link #673
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
The interviews say he died as a price for making his world, not for his Geass. Lelouch doesn't like the strong using their power to oppress the weak, not just general abuse.
In the final episode, C.C. says he chose to die as the price for using his Geass on others. So you're both right.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:19   Link #674
Charred Knight

Quote:
Parts of the interview I read but forgot where stated that one of the reasons he died was to atone for the lives he ruined by using geass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
In the final episode, C.C. says he chose to die as the price for using his Geass on others. So you're both right.
I don't remember C.C saying that, if she did I don't think we would be having the Lelouch is alive arguement.

I remember that from the interview, but what you said was what I meant, I just take it as Lelouch hated using Geass on other people, or he wouldn't have made the choice he made.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:23   Link #675
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:

I never understood why people claim that a show is ten out of ten then state that the story is ruined by spoilers.

What's the score during the second viewing?

7/10?

I spoiled myself with Gurren Lagann, and still gave the show 10/10 Why? It's because I could watch the episodes over and over again.
It's still a 10/10 whether you were spoiled or not. What I meant was the unique feeling you get of not knowing what happens next. I didn't say it will lose it's quality if you were spoiled.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:25   Link #676
Charred Knight

Quote:
It's still a 10/10 whether you were spoiled or not. What I meant was the unique feeling you get of not knowing what happens next. I didn't say it will lose it's quality if you were spoiled.
But you said that Code Geass was ruined

I don't know how you could mean that Code Geass is 10/10 but still be ruined.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:38   Link #677
Spring_sakura111
Kanashimi o mukou eto~!

Quote:
But you said that Code Geass was ruined

I don't know how you could mean that Code Geass is 10/10 but still be ruined.
Sorry for my vague terms, then. I mean , the experience is ruined.
Old 2008-12-01, 01:46   Link #678
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I don't remember C.C saying that, if she did I don't think we would be having the Lelouch is alive arguement.
Eclipse Sub, Turn 25, 17:06

C.C.: Lelouch... As the price of casting Geass on other people, you...
Old 2008-12-01, 01:47   Link #679
Charred Knight

Quote:
Sorry for my vague terms, then. I mean , the experience is ruined.
Then I wouldn't call it 10 out of 10

I wouldn't even have it be 9 out of 10

With G Gundam the experience is still with me, the magic just as great as when I first saw it years ago.

The scene where Schwarz Bruder takes on Master Asia by himself, when no one has been able to even touch Master Asia was still as amazing as when I first saw it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Eclipse Sub, Turn 25, 17:06

C.C.: Lelouch... As the price of casting Geass on other people, you...
Thanks, I just remembered it from a portion of the interview but not the show itself. My feelings is that if Lelouch didn't feel horrible for what he did than he wouldn't of killed himself. It wasn't stated that this is some arbitrary price the universe gave out, this is the price Lelouch chose himself.
Old 2008-12-01, 04:09   Link #680
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Thanks, I just remembered it from a portion of the interview but not the show itself. My feelings is that if Lelouch didn't feel horrible for what he did than he wouldn't of killed himself. It wasn't stated that this is some arbitrary price the universe gave out, this is the price Lelouch chose himself.
Exactly! He chose himself, this is the very original part of the show... and the reason why I hate all those mentions of his death as some 'punishment/redemption'.
Then one can go totally tl;dr and give all the detail of the psycological profile for ZR Lelouch that suits his vision of the character better, but the fact that he chose for himself is the real core of the message.

Light Yagami's last words were, if I remember correctly, "Shit."
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote