AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-03, 05:52   Link #481
DoomCalibur
The Shrouded Lonebrave

Can any1 tell me the name of the baidu or something that has light novel translated to chinese pls?
DoomCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 06:23   Link #482
ZeKeR
Superbad

... I still find it strange why the people in the guy's country dislike the archer. what was the most deadly in the battlefield wasn't the skirmish you'd face, but the brutality of the hail of AP arrows that PIERCE THROUGH THE FREAKIN' SHIELDS and possibly the armor you wear. if I remember correctly IRL, Henry IV proved that right at Agincourt with the hails of arrows against the bogged units.

and now, Tigre has a bow that can turn a normal goose-feather AP arrow into a freakin' HVHEAP or HVAP nuke if he wished at the cost of his own life (btw, will he lose a bit of his energy when he uses the HVHEAP mode of that bow?). AWESOME.

btw how good is his rapid fire? accuracy isn't doubted since he's a freakin' marskman.
Old 2012-10-03, 06:47   Link #483
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
... I still find it strange why the people in the guy's country dislike the archer. what was the most deadly in the battlefield wasn't the skirmish you'd face, but the brutality of the hail of AP arrows that PIERCE THROUGH THE FREAKIN' SHIELDS and possibly the armor you wear. if I remember correctly IRL, Henry IV proved that right at Agincourt with the hails of arrows against the bogged units.

and now, Tigre has a bow that can turn a normal goose-feather AP arrow into a freakin' HVHEAP or HVAP nuke if he wished at the cost of his own life (btw, will he lose a bit of his energy when he uses the HVHEAP mode of that bow?). AWESOME.

btw how good is his rapid fire? accuracy isn't doubted since he's a freakin' marskman.
Brune's specialty are their plate-armored knights and tall sturdy shields. Their strategy usually boils down to "charge towards enemies, defend against arrows, mow down with lance, clean up remaining enemies". Their shields and their armors leave no room for easy penetration with arrows so Tigre and co. usually have to resort to other measures to beat them rather than with a head-on charge. I don't think they have much in the way of armor-piercing arrows in the setting.

Also, they've never had the opportunity to pull off something like the Battle of Agincourt (and I doubt that the author would let one battle suddenly make the knights tactic of Brune obsolete). I imagine he's probably saving it for future installments though.

Yes, he can obscenely power up his shot; but the thing is he himself doesn't exactly know how much it drains out of him, and Tir na Fa seems content with not telling him (to push Tigre to make the Black Bow his as soon as possible, I guess). It's powerful doing so, yes, but there's the risk of becoming weak/passing out after having done so, which is definitely a terrible thing in the middle of battle for several obvious reasons. No, he cannot turn it into a nuke yet; he is very much far away from that level, and only his ancestor, the one in Tir na Fa's vision, has managed to do it. Awesome? Yes. Risky and costly? Those too.

Once he's exhausted from using the Black Bow's power, he usually has to sleep for quite a while in order to regain the strength it sapped from him.

He's the best archer there is, both in terms of accuracy (shooting in the freaking dark and landing headshots wtf) and speed (shoots faster than anyone; his subordinates have just let loose three arrows, he's already on his seventh if I remember it).
Old 2012-10-03, 07:00   Link #484
Insane
Banned

Quote:

Strictly speaking, Briune kingdom look down and despise archery because they view it as "cowardly act" as archers obviously cannot fight head on against enemies on close range.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:14   Link #485
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Brune is like a kingdom full of knights-obsessed otakus.
Old 2012-10-03, 07:29   Link #486
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:

Even after Agincourt and Crecy , the European nobles (except for the English themselves of course) refused to admit the superiority of bows. They were simply too prideful to admit it. Besides, it wasn't really the bows and arrows that defeated the French, nor did they penetrate the shields and plate armour.At Crecy, they only won because not all knights wore full plate armour. Most had plate blended with mail--which is vulnerable to arrows. Once the French wore plate armour, the superiority of longbow arrows was negated--this was actually proven in modern tests. The truth to the successes at Agincourt(where French knights were now more heavily armoured), was that the French fought on a muddy ground, and due to the heavy armour they wore, they were easily knocked down and unable to get up in close melee. The terrain they fought in, which bottlenecked the attacker, also meant not all Frenchmen were able to engage the English at the same time--meaning that the English could not be overwhelmed by superior numbers.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 07:53   Link #487
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ah. I should stand corrected then; the muddy ground thing was used in Volume 3, so I guess the author already used a "Battle of Agincourt" scene.
Old 2012-10-03, 10:00   Link #488
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

What would happen if we compare an army of full-plated knight against Mongol Golden Hoard under General Subutai?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 11:16   Link #489
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
What would happen if we compare an army of full-plated knight against Mongol Golden Hoard under General Subutai?
No idea. You'd had to read polish history for this. They are used to engaging the golden horde. A comparison can be found in the Battle of Mohi, but the knights weren't fully outfitted with plate-armour yet. The knights lost, but it was actually speculated that gunpowder weapons were actually used by the mongols. Chances however, are that with their superior mobility, the mongols can just outrun the knights lead them into ambushes or simply just kill their horses with their arrows. Horse armour wasn't used until real late middle ages.When facing ranged enemies, there's really only two ways to defeat them:charge at them with sufficient number of men left by the time you reach them; shoot them with your own skirmishers. Crossbows weren't as bad as people put it. They were actually more useful than longbows(if I remember correctly) in penetrating full-plate. The only problem is that unlike the chinese ones, loading takes a long time--which is why they need a long rectangle shield to cover them from arrows(something that the genoese crossbowmen weren't given in Crecy).
Old 2012-10-03, 21:54   Link #490
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I'm wondering what the specialization/composition of Asvarre's armies are going to be come the second arc. Brune has its knights, Muozinel has its zerg rush, while Zhcted has varying specializations depending on their Vanadis and their territories, and Sachstein (from what little was featured of them in Volume 3) seems to go on marches with siege engines with them (that or they just wanted to be really careful against Roland, not that it did them any good).
Old 2012-10-03, 22:54   Link #491
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCalibur View Post
Can any1 tell me the name of the baidu or something that has light novel translated to chinese pls?
Google 魔彈之王與戰姬 baidu
Old 2012-10-03, 23:06   Link #492
EvI

hm please correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they translating this serias on baka tsuki?
and why the hell nobody approve it alredy? D:
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 23:11   Link #493
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

There's no translators according to the bt site
Old 2012-10-03, 23:16   Link #494
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
I'm wondering what the specialization/composition of Asvarre's armies are going to be come the second arc. Brune has its knights, Muozinel has its zerg rush, while Zhcted has varying specializations depending on their Vanadis and their territories, and Sachstein (from what little was featured of them in Volume 3) seems to go on marches with siege engines with them (that or they just wanted to be really careful against Roland, not that it did them any good).
There's actually something I would like to tell the author. There's a reason why siege engines are called 'siege' engines. Catapults and trebuchets are so inaccurate that you have to be extremely lucky to actually hit a a target, especially one that's mobile.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-10-03 at 23:26.
Old 2012-10-03, 23:21   Link #495
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
There's actually something I would like to tell the author. There's a reason why siege engines are called 'siege' engines. Catapults and trebuchets are so inaccurate that you have to be extremely unlucky to actually hit a target, especially one that's mobile.
Pretty much. To be fair though, they were nowhere near the front lines, and were aiming at an immobile target at that time (it makes sense in context). It wasn't so much as "we'll take down that invincible knight Roland with these babies!" as it was more along the lines of "we brought these siege engines to lay waste to their damn fortress, but we got caught on the way, so screw it let's use them so we can at least get some use out of them before we get slaughtered to the last man standing".

Addendum: For what it's worth, they briefly mentioned the use of siege engines in order to tear down a fortification in Volume 2, and the author seemed to know his stuff with it as they emphasized its only purpose (laying waste to fortifications) but also the downsides (time to build, having to defend it, useless against infantry).
Old 2012-10-03, 23:22   Link #496
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvI View Post
hm please correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they translating this serias on baka tsuki?
and why the hell nobody approve it alredy? D:
Florza dropped this series after translating 1 chapter, of course cannot be approved into full-fledged project. Not to mention that this series don't get spotlight very much such as, say Campione or DxD, probably we'll need an anime to boost interest of this series.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 23:25   Link #497
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Even in the chinese translations of this series, the fan base isn't that high. For some reason, people just don't find interest in this (?) Or this series is just clouded over by other popular novels like campione or dxd ^
Old 2012-10-03, 23:27   Link #498
Belgaesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Florza dropped this series after translating 1 chapter, of course cannot be approved into full-fledged project. Not to mention that this series don't get spotlight very much such as, say Campione or DxD, probably we'll need an anime to boost interest of this series.
At least with the manga being translated, maybe it gets more attention.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 23:44   Link #499
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Even in the chinese translations of this series, the fan base isn't that high. For some reason, people just don't find interest in this (?) Or this series is just clouded over by other popular novels like campione or dxd ^
Like I said before, it was dropped after 2 volumes by original translator. She personally thought there was too much "skin" and fan service. Of course, for the people have stuck with it, you would know that the series starts getting good in volume 3 and then gets amazing in volume 4/5. Volume 1 and 2 were there to introduce the world and set up the meat of the arc.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-04, 05:21   Link #500
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
Even after Agincourt and Crecy , the European nobles (except for the English themselves of course) refused to admit the superiority of bows. They were simply too prideful to admit it. Besides, it wasn't really the bows and arrows that defeated the French, nor did they penetrate the shields and plate armour.At Crecy, they only won because not all knights wore full plate armour. Most had plate blended with mail--which is vulnerable to arrows. Once the French wore plate armour, the superiority of longbow arrows was negated--this was actually proven in modern tests. The truth to the successes at Agincourt(where French knights were now more heavily armoured), was that the French fought on a muddy ground, and due to the heavy armour they wore, they were easily knocked down and unable to get up in close melee. The terrain they fought in, which bottlenecked the attacker, also meant not all Frenchmen were able to engage the English at the same time--meaning that the English could not be overwhelmed by superior numbers.
didn't some people also test a plate armor vest with archers equipped with the English longbow firing arrows that had the most deadly AP arrowhead design (I think it was taken from all 3 crusades, the French and their crossbow bolt head design, and this weird-ass design that was simple a long spike instead of an arrowhead)? one thing I lol'd about Agincourt was, yes, the muddy terrain. to add, I think it was during the crusades that arrow hails and medium range skirmishes were rampant since Saladin was frequently employing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Pretty much. To be fair though, they were nowhere near the front lines, and were aiming at an immobile target at that time (it makes sense in context). It wasn't so much as "we'll take down that invincible knight Roland with these babies!" as it was more along the lines of "we brought these siege engines to lay waste to their damn fortress, but we got caught on the way, so screw it let's use them so we can at least get some use out of them before we get slaughtered to the last man standing".

Addendum: For what it's worth, they briefly mentioned the use of siege engines in order to tear down a fortification in Volume 2, and the author seemed to know his stuff with it as they emphasized its only purpose (laying waste to fortifications) but also the downsides (time to build, having to defend it, useless against infantry).
inb4 a siege emplacement I remember had incendiary ammo. the usual I'd frequently see in siege engines was usually the tower, the catapults, trebuchets, mangonels, ballistas (btw can someone actually tell me how this massive crossbow is effective vs fortifications?), and the all-time lulz favorite, the ram.

good thing they weren't fitted with incendiary purposes.... right?

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)