AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Old 2008-10-19, 23:41   Link #441
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Really love the small retro touches in this, like Jin's face staying caved in after it's encounter with Nagi's knee, and the aforementioned iris wipe scene changes. Someone on the animation team clearly spent their youth watching Warner Bros. cartoons...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:00   Link #442
Tiran86

Well I haven't been impressed with the show so far, but I have to admit this episode was good. Nagi is reminding me more and more of Horo, who is one of my favorite anime girls so thats definitely a good thing. Tsugumi is a cute childhood friend in love type character and the art club seems like a good supporting cast. The lead character is still completely uninspired, but he seems to be surrounded by a stronger cast, so we'll see.

If it can keep the pace and quality of the third episode for the next few episodes I'll follow this to the end of the season. It probably won't be a favorite, but it'll be a good watch at least.
Tiran86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:38   Link #443
herbert

Spoiler for preview for ep4:
Old 2008-10-20, 00:43   Link #444
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Hak... I mean, Zange looks better in the manga... Compared to the other two girls, who look more or less the same in the anime version...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 00:52   Link #445
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hak... I mean, Zange looks better in the manga... Compared to the other two girls, who look more or less the same in the anime version...
Really? I just find Zenge is always too cute for words, in anime or in manga. Imouto moe at the finest.

Good, good.
Old 2008-10-20, 01:17   Link #446
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I do agree with serenade_beta, Zange looks indeed better in the manga somehow...
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 02:17   Link #447
Raniie

Started picking this one up as well, the animation quality is what drew me in. Everything is great so far, aside from some minor inconsistency to the pacing/plot~

Episode 1:
[+] Great introductory episode.
[+] Love the animation to details used in this episode
[+] Really love the scene with the close-up shot in on Nagi's lips.
[+] Mildy amusing jokes
[+] Pretty much a perfect episode. There wasn't much of anything I could find to nitpick.

Episode 2:
[+] Animation to detail remain consistent
[+] Good pace/story build up, except towards the end.*
[+] Jokes manage to remain amusing

[-] Odd choice to start BG music during the neko scene. The tempo doesn't really fit in. It felt like hearing someone's cellphone ringtone going off. Which was distracting and annoying.
[-] *If Jin told Nagi to leave\get out. Why the hell when he later find her and tells her to not wander off. -_-'

Episode 3:
[+] Animation
[+] Comedy
[+] The rest of the characters made their appearance, more importantly, the seiyuu(s) did a good job on voicing them. Didn't find anything annoying.

[-] Akiba mysteriously vanish from that scene where Nagi fell down from trying to hug Jin. Which is a really big WTF "Ooops we screw up there" moment that I'm suprised no here has mention it. Akiba was standing right next to Jin as they both watch Nagi fell to the ground. Then next moment later (commericals), (and we're back) a bright white flash with a different view angle and Akiba is no longer on screen. ~I hope they fix this in the DVD release or something.

~Other than that. "Great" series. will be following this until it finish up.
Raniie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 02:45   Link #448
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I shall claim this one in the name of Nagi!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 03:45   Link #449
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raniie View Post
...Episode 2:[COLOR="SeaGreen"]...
[-] Odd choice to start BG music during the neko scene. The tempo doesn't really fit in. It felt like hearing someone's cellphone ringtone going off. Which was distracting and annoying.
[-] *If Jin told Nagi to leave\get out. Why the hell when he later find her and tells her to not wander off. -_-'

Episode 3:[COLOR="SeaGreen"]...
[-] Akiba mysteriously vanish from that scene where Nagi fell down from trying to hug Jin. Which is a really big WTF "Ooops we screw up there" moment that I'm surprised no here has mention it. Akiba was standing right next to Jin as they both watch Nagi fell to the ground. Then next moment later (commericals), (and we're back) a bright white flash with a different view angle and Akiba is no longer on screen. ~I hope they fix this in the DVD release or something....
Interesting points. I'll take a stab at answering the negatives.
1. If you took the bgm out, the first kitten scene might seem too serious. I suspect they tried it without, but decided it needed something, or else the comedy part would jar more than you found the music did. And also that this sequence would not link up with the following one. I felt the music added some odd kind of richness to the scene, but I'm not sure why.

2. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean, I'd say that was the whole point. He had a change of heart. He realized he'd been too harsh, reacting too emotionally, and that she was a worthy "person" who needed him, and whom he liked having around. Ripping off the bandage symbolized his change of heart and determination to go get her.

3. Akiba was there before Nagi's run, then they removed everyone but the two principals during the brighter comic run and when she hit the ground. They put him back after she hit the ground (not while), then took him away in the scene shot from above, because his presence would detract from the Nagi-Jin-group of guys focus of the scene. They might have felt that having him there again for that brief moment, at least a back view, increased the humor. Or else that it improved the visual composition. Maybe it would have been better to just leave him out altogether from the time she started her run. Or maybe not. In any case, nice catch.

If it is true that Yamakan is not good at scheduling, and the staff doesn't get enough time to really do the job, then we're likely to see more continuity problems in the future (if that's what that was).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 04:18   Link #450
JediNight
キズランダム

Spoiler for Small spoilers about Zange:
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 04:32   Link #451
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was looking at the Wiki and it says it's a Romantic Comedy. Based on what I've watched, doesn't look like it's following the same route most romantic comedies tend to follow in the "Mysterious Girl" routine. Might just be a good thing.

If it is, between the two main characters I suppose?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 05:20   Link #452
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I can't help but feel that she might rape Jin eventually if this keeps up XD
We'll probably see that in doujins. Takako on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
Could i have this with a black boarder please Falkor?
Old 2008-10-20, 06:41   Link #453
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loltan View Post
You can't grab anything. Nagi's smaller than AA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
that would be close to.. nothing. She's prolly A/AA

healthy dreams compensate for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
So Nagi has no hopes and dreams Oh well hi Zange!
Spoiler for Ep.3:
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 07:26   Link #454
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I was looking at the Wiki and it says it's a Romantic Comedy. Based on what I've watched, doesn't look like it's following the same route most romantic comedies tend to follow in the "Mysterious Girl" routine. Might just be a good thing.

If it is, between the two main characters I suppose?
In manga vol 4 and 5 later, you will see the progression of the relationship.

And the girls in this anime wearing exceptionally short skirts. Hate to think how they fare in winter.
Old 2008-10-20, 07:51   Link #455
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
In manga vol 4 and 5 later, you will see the progression of the relationship.

And the girls in this anime wearing exceptionally short skirts. Hate to think how they fare in winter.
Does it matter? As long as we're happy to get some thigh service all is good
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 07:57   Link #456
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

The 3rd episode felt a bit weird at first, since the first two eps were practically all Nagi and Jin, but then this ep had pretty much no Nagi at all in the first half, and introduced a lot of new characters. I really enjoy this show more when Nagi is onscreen, although Tsugumi showed plenty of moe points this episode.
Spoiler for Tsugumi moe:
Also, Nagi's sister's entrance was epic. Looks like the main plot has finally begun.
Eczema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 11:51   Link #457
TrueKnight

Mmm, never noticed this until episode 3 but I really liked Tsugumi's voice, so soft, gentle but can be funny and naive at the same time. No contest for Nagi's awesomeness because she's basically Horo but still Tsugumi wins a few points for me. ;p And wow, meeting Nagi's sister at a church. How bizarre can you get? -_-; Seems like the main plot really starts to kick in. Overall a pretty solid episode plus the quality animation.

Man so many good animations quality this season... Abyss, Kemeko, Casshern and now Kannagi.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 12:07   Link #458
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruezu View Post
I just kept their V1 version, what was wrong with the V1 anyways? =/
dunno. Never did watch v1 however, i did include it in my archieves just incase. They said it was about the some lines timing and different raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
woah.. is it just me or does Zange's face look a little too round there
she feels a bit different from the manga somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiran86 View Post
Well I haven't been impressed with the show so far, but I have to admit this episode was good. Nagi is reminding me more and more of Horo, who is one of my favorite anime girls so thats definitely a good thing. Tsugumi is a cute childhood friend in love type character and the art club seems like a good supporting cast. The lead character is still completely uninspired, but he seems to be surrounded by a stronger cast, so we'll see.
also, for those who played Disgaea 2 for the PS2 console you'll find Rozalin and her share similar characteristics .
Utau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 12:54   Link #459
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Utau, yes that is what I hjave noticed about Zange... In manga she is handsome, while in anime she looks more like a child due to much more round face.

She looks cute, but not handsome/beautiful as she was in manga.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 13:21   Link #460
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
Episode 3 kept me entertained. That whole interplay in the art room as the two leaders talked amongst themselves was absolutely hilarious in the way they let their senses take over and pigeonhole the male characters into their supposed roles (as one might do with bishoujo games). The comedy was fairly spot-on and it kept me amused the entire time because of how well the personalities just bounced off of each other really well.
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shounen