AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 22:13   Link #2721
molitar

It's looking like a Pirates life for Ai-chan anything would just be too tame for her and her skills. Ai-chan is a genius through and through. The Bisque are totally evil they did not care if they killed anyone else in the progress to get Marika they would take out all the entrants.

This show just gets better and better! Best episode yet!

Still not sure about Kane and the Coach as Kane as it may have been Kane did not think that could be used as a weapon or he probably wouldn't of had it shot near them during training. Sometimes Kane just doesn't put me off as the most brilliant of the bunch if you get my meaning. Common sense doesn't seem to apply to him.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 22:23   Link #2722
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Each arc has turned around some characters (Arc 1 : Marika, arc 2: Gruier and Grunhilde, arc 3: Jenny and Lynn, arc 4: Ai and finally Kane?)
Old 2012-05-26, 22:27   Link #2723
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I forgot to mention this earlier. Is it me or did the yellow ships in the preview look a lot like the Lightning 11? Of course, it would make sense if they were from the same manufacturer.

Also, "The Bisque" is a strange name for a criminal organization. Makes me think of tomato bisque soup.

Endless "Pirate hunting" Soul
Old 2012-05-26, 22:41   Link #2724
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Also, "The Bisque" is a strange name for a criminal organization. Makes me think of tomato bisque soup.

Endless "Pirate hunting" Soul
hahaha yes a bit odd and the next arc with pirate hunters Marika's going to be hot and Chiaki have concerns
Old 2012-05-26, 23:54   Link #2725
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

It was the Bisque Company, and it might just be their main product that they sell. Or a paper storefront they put up.

Now things are heating up nicely. The Ben10 this week reminds me of the time La Forge barged into atmosphere with the Enterprise's secondary hull to blast apart a berserk droidship.
Old 2012-05-26, 23:58   Link #2726
tsunade666

is this part of the story from the novel too or not?

The chairwoman is super annoying -_-
Old 2012-05-27, 00:51   Link #2727
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
It was the Bisque Company, and it might just be their main product that they sell. Or a paper storefront they put up.

Now things are heating up nicely. The Ben10 this week reminds me of the time La Forge barged into atmosphere with the Enterprise's secondary hull to blast apart a berserk droidship.
Spoiler for Side notes:

Last edited by encia; 2012-05-27 at 01:13.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:21   Link #2728
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
????

What are you talking about, Kane is Coach, there was never any mystery, and he was still shown as Coach in this episode.
People are wondering why he didn't remember "the thing from before" if he was Coach.

I got suspicious at first too but if he really wasn't Coach he should have wondered why Ai called him Coach in this episode but it didn't seem to surprise him.

So I am sticking with Kane=Coach

Last edited by totoum; 2012-05-27 at 01:36.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:27   Link #2729
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Sorry I do not understand you said that the "coach" that was thought to be Kane was not him in May someone else?

or

The coach was really Kane but he who is boarding the bentenmaru in the episode would not ... Kane?
Old 2012-05-27, 01:34   Link #2730
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
The "confirmation" Kanon may be referring to is Kane's puzzled reaction when Marika suggested a tactic that Coach Kane had used. In this episode, Marika tells the crew they should use "that" against the attacking company (using Bentenmaru's cannon as they did last episode during the race). Everyone knew what she was talking about aside from Kane, and he was supposed to be the one to have suggested it in the first place. There was another example of this in the previous episode too, where Marika returns to the ship and asks Kane why he's acting so weird (Coach Kane), and he is similarly confused about what she's referring to.
On that line, note that they never directly referred to which weapon they were talking about, yet once Kane got it he immediately understood the implications of what they were hoping to do (like how he mentions they can't expect someone to fly right in front of them to get shot at). So he obviously knew what they were planning to use, just that it took him a bit longer to understand what they were referring to. Which means Kane knows what the weapon is.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 01:41   Link #2731
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
On that line, note that they never directly referred to which weapon they were talking about, yet once Kane got it he immediately understood the implications of what they were hoping to do (like how he mentions they can't expect someone to fly right in front of them to get shot at). So he obviously knew what they were planning to use, just that it took him a bit longer to understand what they were referring to. Which means Kane knows what the weapon is.
So yes Kane who was the coach was "our" true Kane and Kane this episode, well there is one chance in two that is not "our" real Kane?
Old 2012-05-27, 01:58   Link #2732
sikvod00

Quote:
I didn't properly phrase my last post so that may be causing confusion at what makes me suspicious. Yes, when they were about to use the weapon Kane immediately understood their plan and its implications. That's expected of such a veteran pilot. The issue is that he didn't know what Marika was talking about when she says "the thing from before", as though he has no recollection of the past event because it wasn't him.

However totoum mentioned Ai referring to Kane as coach and him not reacting strangely (I don't remember, but I take their word for it), so maybe I'm reading too much into it.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 02:01   Link #2733
novalysis

Ai has got to be one of the most insanely epic characters in the entire show.

To think that such awesomeness is compressed in such a small body!
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 02:03   Link #2734
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Yyyy is too complicated for me haha
Old 2012-05-27, 02:16   Link #2735
justpassingby

From Matsumoto Noriyuki's twitter [link]

Spoiler:
I am posting this while listening/watching to promotion of Kamogawa at NicoNico, with Matsuoka Yoshitsugu (Sandaime, Array) as promoter :P

Edit: Uhh, for some reason I forgot that Kayano Ai (Ai, Muginami) is also on air

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-05-27 at 02:43.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 03:38   Link #2736
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ha... jenny we have seen him since his rescue ... And frankly I doubt it has seen before ... the last episode (so I really hope a season 2) and same for Chiaki I hope we will see her again in future episodes ...
Old 2012-05-27, 04:43   Link #2737
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Ha... jenny we have seen him since his rescue ... And frankly I doubt it has seen before ... the last episode (so I really hope a season 2) and same for Chiaki I hope we will see her again in future episodes ...
Ah well, Jenny, she's... out there amongst the stars, taking command of her own, for the lack of a better word, enterprise.
Old 2012-05-27, 06:11   Link #2738
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
However totoum mentioned Ai referring to Kane as coach and him not reacting strangely (I don't remember, but I take their word for it), so maybe I'm reading too much into it.
That happened when Ai contacted the Bentenmaru to tell them about the incoming wind. Ai calls Kane "Coach" when she tells them the instructions, and Kane immediately sets about preparing the ship as per Ai's words. Kane didn't react to being called "Coach", but still did what Ai said anyway.

Frankly, until more evidence mounts proves or disproves that Kane is not the Coach, we can really say nothing more about this matter.

Also, it took someone else to tell me who Ai reminds me off.... when she grows up, Ai will look like Sengoku Nadeko!

*RUNS*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 06:30   Link #2739
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Also, it took someone else to tell me who Ai reminds me off.... when she grows up, Ai will look like Sengoku Nadeko!

*RUNS*
DREADLOCKS.

Erm... what?

Anyway, the one who actually looked like Nadeko once probably was Chiaki, back in middle school. After all, I think Kurihara likes twister.
Old 2012-05-27, 07:23   Link #2740
ReddyRedWolf

I think I need a refresher on the privateer laws of the Sea of Morningstar.

The Bisque Company is after Marika's privateer license as such the last of her line she is a target for assasination.

Is the Sea of Morningstar issuing Letters of Marque on non-descendants other than the original privateers?

Next ep we see privateer ships being attacked. Possibly connected to Marika's assailants.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri