AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-19, 18:59   Link #521
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Once again, good luck to all, especially those who put a lot of time and effort into making their masterpieces.
Old 2008-04-19, 19:08   Link #522
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I can make the rare exception. PM me your entry.
I sent you my sig... a couple of mins later i sent you my withdrawal notice. I noticed some errors and without my original psd I can't fix it. Thank you for the offer though.
Old 2008-04-19, 19:16   Link #523
escimo
Paparazzi

Now that I see all the entries lined up I feel a bit outclassed. Can't feel too bad though as this is my very first time of entering any kind of graphics competition but it won't be the last.

Thank you to everybody for your advise and input and good luck.

Last edited by escimo; 2008-04-20 at 10:44.
Old 2008-04-19, 19:18   Link #524
nammerboi

what the heck? my sig isn't on the list ):
Old 2008-04-19, 20:07   Link #525
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammerboi View Post
Pretty discouraged about last month's results.
Using this one until i find a better render (maybe)
Trying a new style btw.

Sorry, I see nothing stating the entry was official in any way. So I did not enter it because it's not my job to second guess contestants. Now that you've clarified, I can add it to the list.

@kayos - No problem. Sorry you lost the PSD.
Old 2008-04-19, 21:19   Link #526
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
@ Solace: Is it tiring checking this? I mean I would never brother trying to go through 27 pages. Ahem, we all appreciate Solace's hard work.
Old 2008-04-19, 23:16   Link #527
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
holy crap.... there are so many BEAUTIFUL entries..... this is gonna be one tough competition.... and i know my entry doesn't have a chance... but just glad to be participating....

GL to everybody....

k thxs...
Old 2008-04-19, 23:37   Link #528
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
@ Solace: Is it tiring checking this? I mean I would never brother trying to go through 27 pages. Ahem, we all appreciate Solace's hard work.
It's not that bad really. Finding a nice stretch of time to sit down and organize everything can be a challenge sometimes, which is why my updates tend to be later in the evening. But I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't enjoy it. I don't mind the occasional hassles of making sure things run smoothly because the end result is worth it.
Old 2008-04-20, 10:02   Link #529
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Hm, looks like Sephi decided not to enter this time

--> Oh, and good luck ppl!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-04-20, 12:32   Link #530
Kanariya
Sleeping

Send a message via MSN to Kanariya Send a message via Yahoo to Kanariya
@ Solace

my sig wasn't on the list too >_<
am i late? @_@
Old 2008-04-20, 13:14   Link #531
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

@Cyz: It is great that you guys don't have to get OMAGAD SEPHI HJACK... again.
Old 2008-04-20, 15:07   Link #532
Shana

Oh, seems like I didn't make it in time

Well, anyways I wouldn't have any chances in all those beautiful entries XD so good luck everyone
Old 2008-04-20, 15:08   Link #533
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
@ Solace

my sig wasn't on the list too >_<
am i late? @_@
Entry is added. Next time please inform me that it is your official entry *before* the deadline please.
Old 2008-04-20, 15:38   Link #534
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Entry is added. Next time please inform me that it is your official entry *before* the deadline please.
Think you should just add their last entry instead of having them state it is official, less confusion. Also you actually did not state they need to add a official titleline to their official entries... if I am not mistaken.
Old 2008-04-20, 16:38   Link #535
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to darkjester Send a message via MSN to darkjester Send a message via Yahoo to darkjester
Quote:
Also you actually did not state they need to add a official titleline to their official entries... if I am not mistaken.
here we are...

Quote:
6. Only one official submission per contestant. You may create up to three signatures, but you are only allowed to enter one. Failure to decide on one signature by the deadline will result in immediate disqualification for that months contest.
plus, if u don't tag your official entry, how is one supposed to know that, THAT is actually the one u want for ur official entry... as solace said... it's not his job to second guess contestants...

just because its someones last submission, doesn't mean that, thats the one they are deciding to enter with... so for less confusion, it's best just to tag your official entry before the due date... if only for common courtesy...

k thxs...
Old 2008-04-20, 16:46   Link #536
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Think you should just add their last entry instead of having them state it is official, less confusion. Also you actually did not state they need to add a official titleline to their official entries... if I am not mistaken.
I have stated multiple times in each contest about marking your final choice with Final Entry (or at least some kind of equivalent). I just haven't made it a rule because for the most part, everyone does it anyway which makes having the rule "official" kind of redundant.

For the people who don't mark their entries, I have no idea if they forgot about the contest, decided not to enter but didn't tell anyone, entered in two or more entries but didn't decide on one, etc. So it's not my job to second guess. If you really care about your entry, you'll ask me, and no I'm not so evil as to refuse people (as you've seen three times already in this thread alone).

It's a little confusing for at least one side either way, but when it comes to making sure the correct entry (or any entry at all) makes it on the list I leave that up to the individual contestant.

It's for reasons like this that I'm very easy going about deadlines and such.

@darkjester - I'm going to change the wording on that rule a little bit. Having a limit on how many entries one can create before they decide on what they really want to enter is kind of silly.
Old 2008-04-20, 17:28   Link #537
darkjester
Desu Desu Desu!!!
*Graphic Designer

mmmm, that's cool, was just bringing that rule out to help make a point... i'm on your side man... heh...

i agree with ya 100%

n e wayz, can't wait for the voting phase to go up... again.. GL to all participants...

k thxs...
Old 2008-04-20, 17:54   Link #538
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
6. Only one official submission per contestant. You may create as many entries as you wish, but you are only allowed to enter one. Failure to decide on one signature by the deadline will result in immediate disqualification for that months contest.
Don't see how that is relate to titling your final/official entries... No. It only tells us that we can only have one, entry other than that it doesn't tell us any more. You should state the rule more clearly as it is, not such round about way. As to people that give more than 2 entries, I think they should feel responsible to titling which one they want to enter. Even if you can say it is does state to choose a final/official entry, you can not deny it is a very roundabout way. As to how many people don't have their entries submitted, I can't be any more wrong can I? At least you could say "Please tag your final entries" or something.....durr

Also to the file size limit, this is the first art contest I seen with a size limit. A art contest's purpose to compete to make the finest artwork, not to actually create a file with least size as possible. What is the point of having it? It only decrease the flexibility of your artwork as well as the quality of it. Very humorous why we even have such rule as to limiting it to 50kb.

Quote:
I have stated multiple times in each contest about marking your final choice with Final Entry
If a normal come by like me can't see it, then how well are you trying to enforce such rule?

Edit: Another thing is, what happen to the flying lolis tags? NO WAIIII I can't see them.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-04-20 at 18:13.
Old 2008-04-20, 18:25   Link #539
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Formal was dropped from the title for a reason. Don't cling to that word so strongly. The essence of the theme is basically "pretty girls", meaning they should be dressed in a very feminine way. The reason I consider that image borderline is not because of the summer dress, but because the dress is very minimal on the lace and frills.

Also, just a reminder from last contest - when you have decided on your final entry, please put Final Entry in the post that contains that entry. This makes it easier for me to keep track during the contest.
Quote:
See quote.

This thread is for c&c as well as submissions. Just tag the post that contains your chosen entry with "Final Entry" once you've decided so I can have the correct version when it's time to gather them up for voting.
Quote:
Just popping in to let everyone know that the deadline is coming up in two days. So now is the time to finish up, do last minute tweaks, last minute entries, etc.

Remember to add the words "Final Entry" to the sig you are planning on entering. This makes it easier for me to search the thread and find your finished work. Thanks.
Three different times during this month's contest that I specifically mention adding the words "final entry" to the signature the person wanted to enter. I can pull quotes from the other months if you like.

Quote:
Don't see how that is relate to titling your final/official entries... No. It only tells us that we can only have one, entry other than that it doesn't tell us any more. You should state the rule more clearly as it is, not such round about way. As to people that give more than 2 entries, I think they should feel responsible to titling which one they want to enter. What I am saying is that you never told anyone to tag their official/final entries did you? As to how many people don't have their entries submitted, I can be any more wrong can I?

Also to the file size limit, this is the first art contest I seen with a size limit. A art contest's purpose to compete to make the finest artwork, not to actually create a file with least size as possible. What is the point of having it? It only decrease the flexibility of your artwork as well as the quality of it. Very humorous why we even have such rule as to limiting it to 50kb.

If a normal come by like me can't see it, then how well are you trying to enforce such rule?
I've already said I don't have it as an official rule. If the majority of the contestants are adding the words to their post and only a few aren't, how is that a problem with communication? It suggests that those people don't check the thread much or did not notice everyone else putting those words in their entry posts, but again - it's not my job to second guess people. The people who care about having their entry in the contest have already spoken up. All I did was give them a gentle reminder so that next time they'll know (in case they didn't or had forgotten).

As for the size limit. Please give me an example (not animation or transparency) of the difference between size limits. Show me examples where not being able to use "maximum quality" is detrimental to the signature.

I chose the size limits based on a few criteria.

1. Many people here are used to using the forums sig rule limit.
2. Many contestants use their entries as actual signatures.
3. Removing the size limits increases the chance someone will use an entry over the forum limit and thus break the forum rules, getting them in trouble.

I want a stronger argument than just "I don't like it" or "other forums do it differently". Until that happens the rule isn't changing.
Old 2008-04-20, 18:34   Link #540
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Yea you should put those rule in the OP...seriously. Not just somewhere in the thread. Like "Please try to title/state your final entry" I don't think anyone is going to read the whole thread for some rules or hints on format.
Quote:
1. Many people here are used to using the forums sig rule limit.
2. Many contestants use their entries as actual signatures.
3. Removing the size limits increases the chance someone will use an entry over the forum limit and thus break the forum rules, getting them in trouble.
1. You can get used to making your signature size smaller?
2. Takes 2 second to lower down the size. But affecting the quality will lower your rating... durr durr. Of course if you think 2 second>best ability of your art. I have none to say.
3. ........Such foresight.

I am not trying to compare this with other forum, but it just really makes no sense at all why you doing this. The rule simply limit the ability of the artist without any proper(Ahem Proper) reason and I won't be satisfy if you don't give me a proper reason why there is a rule like that.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-04-20 at 18:47.
Closed Thread

Tags
sotm