AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-03, 09:24   Link #2221
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Around 600 votes in a final. How sad Saimoe has become
From /a/, it seems they are really tracking the total final votes. Well, heres the comparison.

2010-2855 votes

2011-947 votes

2012-602 votes

Yeah, it is quite low as it goes on.

Hmm, it is also my first time being active for a long time.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:34   Link #2222
Wanderer
Goat

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (4-4), Predictions (6-2)

Q Finals: Picks (2-2), Predictions (4-0)
S Finals: Picks (1-1), Predictions (2-0)

Final: Pick (0-1), Prediction (1-0)

Well, at least the last match was closer than I thought. Bye, Saimoe 2012. Here's hoping 2ch is a bit more foreigner friendly next year.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:35   Link #2223
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Old 2012-11-03, 09:35   Link #2224
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The vote fall from 2011 to 2012 is surprising, as both finals had the same basic weakness - Intra-series combat.

I'm not sure why Mami vs. Kyouko would enjoy a 55% or so better "turnout rate" than Toki vs. Kuro. Well, other than PMMM simply being more popular than Saki, perhaps.

Still, it suggests that either:

1) Many more IPs have been banned over the course of the past 12 months.

2) A lot of people who were voting in 2012 just sat out 2011.

Perhaps it's a bit of both. J-SaiMoe 2011 did have a weaker field compared to some other years, it's probably fair to say.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:36   Link #2225
hinakatbklyn

The vote totals may be low, but the final match ended up being close. Toki wins AST, Kuro however earns a moral victory for having the most competitive match in contrast to the other opponents who dare challenged Toki.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:36   Link #2226
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Here's a comparison of the recently concluded final before and after fakes were scrubbed (not including untallied votes from early tracker malfunction):

Images
before
Images
after

The new champion was leading almost the entire time, but that near miracle by our runner up enabled her to end it as a close match with a mere 20 vote gap (as per the 311-291 tally on saimoe.wordpress.com).

The low total for the entire match is indeed depressing, though. Yes, let's hope this trend reverses next year, starting with Saimoe Japan's gates opening up to the rest of the world again.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:37   Link #2227
Team Rocket Elite

Congrats to Onjouji Toki our Saimoe 2012 Champion! In the end, Toki did have to put some effort into a match to win. Kuro did a great job in managing to challenge Toki. However, Toki did an even better job staying a step ahead of her. Unfortunately it isn't enough for Toki to hang on to being the Saimoe champion with the highest minimum percentage across all matches. I guess you can't break every record. Toki might end up with the highest average percentage, though. With their 27th straight win, the Saki series' brilliant run comes to an end. Their last loss to a non-Saki character ended up being over a month before the end of the tournament. I wonder if this record will ever be broken. I get the feeling a lot of people won't be happy if it is. I look forward to seeing how well the Saki characters hold up next year and onward. It will be sad to see Toki fall so much from having won before, though. In any case, congrats again to Toki on her victory!
Old 2012-11-03, 09:37   Link #2228
RJ TAYLER

A few thoughts to follow tomorrow. Yes the biggest ebb tide in votes since 2003-2004 however that's all it is an ebb tide. I hope there will be a full flow of votes in the coming years.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:44   Link #2229
Hachiko
The Akita

Have the world vote again RJ and open up the IPs.

Spoiler:

Classification for 1-2...

1. Toki Onjouji
2. Kuro Matsumi
Old 2012-11-03, 09:45   Link #2230
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

I doubt the low vote totals is due to IP blocking. It's instead more due to the sheer lack of "S-Tier" shows last year. Almost everything that aired last year will likely be mostly forgetten within a couple of years, unlike the last few years which has the debuts of something that would be remembered for years down the road.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:54   Link #2231
Team Rocket Elite

Saki has shown across multiple years that it's a top tier series in terms of strength. I guess you could argue that you need characters from two different top tier series to make an interesting match.
Old 2012-11-03, 09:58   Link #2232
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Saki has shown across multiple years that it's a top tier series in terms of strength. I guess you could argue that you need characters from two different top tier series to make an interesting match.
A good case in point is '08's finals.

The battle of the Hiiragi sisters had a total of 2013 votes.
The preceding and following finals had a total of 3020 and 2610 respectively.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:07   Link #2233
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
A good case in point is '08's finals.

The battle of the Hiiragi sisters had a total of 2013 votes.
The preceding and following finals had a total of 3020 and 2610 respectively.
Does Saimoe after the bans even reach a thousand now?
Old 2012-11-03, 10:08   Link #2234
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

Quote:
I doubt the low vote totals is due to IP blocking. It's instead more due to the sheer lack of "S-Tier" shows last year. Almost everything that aired last year will likely be mostly forgetten within a couple of years, unlike the last few years which has the debuts of something that would be remembered for years down the road.
I don't think so, it is most likely IP blocking because the non-Sakis would of received more higher votes if the IP blocking didn't happen and don't forget this IP block thing happens in Japan too and not everyone in Japan likes Saki. For low votes in the final of course everyone was bored about the Saki overkill-domination.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:11   Link #2235
Hachiko
The Akita

The Saint...Is Coming.

Spoiler for Hopefully the audio works on this one...:

See you all next year.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:17   Link #2236
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Quote:
Though you do have a point about a lack of standout series leading to low voter interest, I think the rest of the world's voters would also like to have a word with you. There were enough of them to even help overthrow destiny in 2007. There could also have been a similar number even in 2006.

As for my case, I could still vote normally back until 2010, and that's the last year that total votes in matches reached well into the thousands. Come 2011 with everyone non-Japanese practically banned from voting without the help of magic, we see a significant drop in voter numbers.

You can't deny that banning them all was also a major factor in the significant drop of voter numbers.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:45   Link #2237
Archaeon

Congratulation to Toki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
What a match. Toki time. Nodoka's charm worked the 3rd time.
Toki and past Saimoe champions been absorbing Nodoka oppai power in the semi which help boost their power in the final.

As for the low vote, I think most people already know someone from Saki is going to win the moment Akarin lost to Toki. Toki vs Akarin still have plenty of votes but after Toki beat Akarin, the result of this year Saimoe is pretty much already decided.

After thinking a while and looking back at past Saimoe tournament, I don't think IP ban is really responsible for Saki domination this year consider that Saki is already a dominating force since 2009 when foreigners are still allow to vote.

In Saimoe 2009 quarter final and semi final, half of the character are from Saki. In Saimoe 2010, again half of the characters in semi final are also from Saki.

Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-11-03 at 11:08.
Old 2012-11-03, 10:48   Link #2238
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

My Saimoe 2013 wish- More variety in the final 8. I know I feel like a strong series might over dominate.
Old 2012-11-03, 11:13   Link #2239
klare

after a few dominating but no champion years, Saki finally has a winner to justify its dominance, a little imperfect due to it is from the Achiga series...
Old 2012-11-03, 11:40   Link #2240
RJ TAYLER

The first 'sequel' to hold the title too. Or as I like to think of it The MoeFather II.
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament