Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-09, 15:32   Link #101
Za Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzmynem
Man whatsup with all this licensing???
oh and by the way I keep seeing that tenjou is licensed by some american company does that mean soon we wont be able to dl the remaining episodes, we just started and this anime looks good
anybody know whats gona happen in terms of licensing.......'
It was licensed before it aired. So if you got the first episode you shouldnt have a problem in getting the rest :wink:
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 15:51   Link #102
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched the 2nd episode.

That ed song kinda start to grow on me. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 01:20   Link #103
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Good fighting sequence between Takayanagi and Souichiro... differently done, but still pretty cool.

The ed and op songs are definitely glowing on me, the op is running in my head and I'll need to get ahold of it so I can prevent myself from going insane
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 08:08   Link #104
nubby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
So anyone hoping that in the end, there is a Aya Natsume - Masataka Takayanagi pairing up instead? Somehow I do find myself supporting Masataka instead of Souichiro. Souichiro just seems one-dimensional (in terms of thinking and motivation) to me compared to Masataka.

So...
Spoiler for episode 2:

Spoiler:
nubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 09:51   Link #105
Mr.Minou

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubby
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Mr.Minou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 11:05   Link #106
kujoe
from head to heel

Spoiler:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 13:05   Link #107
monir
cho~ kakkoii

"Hold on the Naruto, I want more Tenjou Tenge please." That was my reaction after watching the first two episodes. Now I am brooding, why didn't I wait for more episodes to come out. Bloods and vomits were a nice touch to make the show an instant hit from my perspective. Girls are drawn better than any fantasy, although I can't get over the glittering of the skin. Too much glycerin. But I am positive I will get over it as long as the boobs are staying shiny along with the other body parts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slade
I'll need to get ahold of it so I can prevent myself from going insane
An insane slade. Possibilities are endless. *drools Homer Simpson style* I shall aid you if you ever take up on that quest.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 13:20   Link #108
uzmynem

Send a message via MSN to uzmynem Send a message via Yahoo to uzmynem
when is the subtitled ep 2 coming out??
uzmynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 21:35   Link #109
Za Paper

The fight between Nagi and Takayanagi in ep 2 was impressive. I did not expect the production values of this show to be that high. I just hope they can keep up for the rest of the series.
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-10, 23:14   Link #110
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzmynem
when is the subtitled ep 2 coming out??
Probably next week. Remember subbing takes time. Just be patient.
Old 2004-04-11, 01:22   Link #111
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

yea I also find Takayanagi more interesting as a character than the punk blonde dude. He's too simple "I want to be strong" "I don't want to lose" naturo/luffy/gon/goku like guy we've seen so many times. The Takayanagi guy seems more interesting.. I take it he's the bad guy right?
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 01:46   Link #112
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
"Hold on the Naruto, I want more Tenjou Tenge please." That was my reaction after watching the first two episodes. Now I am brooding, why didn't I wait for more episodes to come out. Bloods and vomits were a nice touch to make the show an instant hit from my perspective. Girls are drawn better than any fantasy, although I can't get over the glittering of the skin. Too much glycerin. But I am positive I will get over it as long as the boobs are staying shiny along with the other body parts.An insane slade. Possibilities are endless. *drools Homer Simpson style* I shall aid you if you ever take up on that quest.
It might happen. I haven't been able to find the op and ed songs at all.

If anyone could tell me via pm where I might be able to locate these songs, I would be grateful.

I'm already crazy enough as is, I don't think it would change much if I were to completly snap monir . Told ya the tenjo tenge ava/sig would make a come back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
yea I also find Takayanagi more interesting as a character than the punk blonde dude. He's too simple "I want to be strong" "I don't want to lose" naturo/luffy/gon/goku like guy we've seen so many times. The Takayanagi guy seems more interesting.. I take it he's the bad guy right?
I wouldn't want to give anything major away so all I can tell you there are many strong characters in the world of tenjo tenge. Takayanagi is certainly strong but there are many more to come.

I wouldn't pass judgement on souichiro(punk blond guy) so fast. He's got more dimensions then you've seen so far. I personally like Bob alot(what other anime has a black dude as one of its main character?). Oh, and out of the two sisters I like Maya more. Aya's voice is really annoying me.

500 th post!! WEEEEE
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 02:44   Link #113
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

yea when i watched the first ep...i wanted to read the manga....red up to vol 10...then my friend said vol 11 just came out and wasent translated yet....dammit...lol...

how many eps is this anime?

and the end of second ep...why does it end there..that kind of part is a strange ending

Spoiler:
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 05:03   Link #114
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
I wouldn't pass judgement on souichiro(punk blond guy) so fast. He's got more dimensions then you've seen so far. I personally like Bob alot(what other anime has a black dude as one of its main character?). Oh, and out of the two sisters I like Maya more. Aya's voice is really annoying me.
Yeah in the manga that punk blond guy got a lot more development later on, while poor Masataka seems taking a back seat

Also I liked Maya more at first, but later on Aya seems to become more and more interesting... I like Maya best in her chibi form, but later on... oh well... XD
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 05:26   Link #115
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
Actually there are a lot of Takayanagis in the series because Takayanagi is a family name. Masataka is a Takayanagi on the 'good' side.

The main 'villan' is Takayanagi Mitsuomi, you can see him (the blond built-up fella in a black jumpsuit) in one of the pictures on the main official website.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 06:52   Link #116
Esper 28
Akira

Ah! I've been following the manga for some time now and I absolutely love it. Oh! Great not only has the coolest pen name around, he's also one of the greatest artists around.

But regardless, the anime follows the manga pretty well which is cool 'cause sometimes you get those anime they really walk in totally different direction then the manga. But this is a great series!
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 07:31   Link #117
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

So after watching 2 eps of the anime, I picked up the 10 volumes of scanlated manga...

Do you think the anime will follow the manga when it goes on a 3 volume flashback? That's like 13 episodes without the main character's appearing! Somehow I just don't see an anime being able to pull that off... I bet they are going to change around that part.

Oh, and I also really thought the manga started to lose focus around volume 9: the whole Kyuushuu arc seems out of character for what should be a one-on-one fighting manga, not an "adventure".

Secondary question: That "hopping" dance that chibi Maya does at the end of the opening... I know I've seen that before somewhere, is it some kind of Kabuki thing?
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 07:52   Link #118
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
The main 'villan' is Takayanagi Mitsuomi, you can see him (the blond built-up fella in a black jumpsuit) in one of the pictures on the main official website.
I don't think you can easily peg Mitsuomi as the main 'villain'. Well, probably to some extent, but the cool thing about the guy is that he gets fleshed out well because of the past arc. But since anything can happen in the anime adaptation, they just might portray Mitsuomi as the main villain in order to make the story simpler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
how many eps is this anime?
My sources tell me that there are 26. Kinda short, considering the manga is in sort of a convoluted mess right now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-11, 07:59   Link #119
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the story in the manga is definitely a mess, but then Oh Great!'s works are not famous for their plots, it's all about fanservice and sex... too bad the anime version cut out the sex part... that means half of the appeal is gone
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 16:37   Link #120
Spaceghost

ep 2 was coool.
Spaceghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, seinen