AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 791 63.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 163 13.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 95 7.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 67 5.40%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 18 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 0.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 0.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 14:05   Link #1141
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
It's kind of like the ending for the Cowboy Bebop series

Spoiler for Cowboy Bebop ending:

I'm just going to wait a few days, and hopefully by then people will finally be over this argument
Spoiler for :
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:06   Link #1142
Z498

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
What the fuck?

Did you just compare the death of thousands of people in real life to two fictional characters deaths?
I did not catch that one...wow...9/11 is real life, Code Geass is a cartoon...A CARTOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Z498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:06   Link #1143
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
He is dead! Do people really want to him to live? As much as I like Lelouch I think that his death makes him so much more admirable and respectable. Faking his death would mean that he is running away from all of his crime. Yes Lelouch did want tomorrow but for whom? Not for him but for everyone else like Nunally and Kallen. And for C.C I think she kinda gave up on wanting to die as she did not let Charles accomplish his goal.
I'm arguing not because i want to see him alive but because there was really no reason for him to set himself up to die just to obtain the results that happened at the end of the series. Crimes? He sees himself as someone who can influence the world not someone who has to pay for his actions.(that would be Suzaku)
Old 2008-09-28, 14:07   Link #1144
Rydrallen

'People who have experienced a reign of terror and war are more likely to reject the path of war in the future'.

That's the essence of Zero Requiem. The world would not become peaceful because of the demise of one person; it's the personal experience of having seen the worst manifestation of war that would drive oneself towards seeking peace.

In short, Lelouch's methods inspire people to embrace the ideal of a peaceful world, instead of forcing it onto the people as Schneizel had planned.
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:07   Link #1145
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I liked the scene where C.C was praying. Praying to whom? Lelouch geassed "God" earlier in the show, d'oh
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:07   Link #1146
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Finally got to watch the whole thing.

Figures Lelouch would pull something like this. No wonder he distanced everyone he cares about, they'd smack him left and right for coming up with something so crazy. But at least it worked.

Orange owns in this episode, and he gets the girl, too.

Kallen may not have gotten to talk to Lelouch, but at least in the end she got to understand him.

Not sure how to take the irony of Suzaku being forced to live as his former enemy, but at least Nunnally has a protector.

And finally C.C. lives on. Talking to Lelouch, too, however one wants to take that.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:07   Link #1147
GodOfSpeed

Do you guys think that person that is riding the carriage is Lelouch?
Old 2008-09-28, 14:08   Link #1148
errorrrr

I really support the theory that Lelouch is still alive but one thing REALLY REALLY bugs me and that is the "black ring" that appears around the people's eye when they about to die WAS in fact on Lelouch ... i.e. Shirley when she dies and WONT be coming back for sure will have this like panda eye before she dies, also, Rolo had that panda eye thing on them... so I don't know... I am still torned I wish Sunrise would make it clear for us!!
errorrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:09   Link #1149
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
If Lelouch did live, why did C.C. or Suzaku cry? He's dead.

And what about C.C's real name? It made her seem all that important or something. Well she was lying on cheese-kun at the end and after it showed a paper crane.

oooooh it makes sense now! Her real name is cheese crane!
Imo Suzaku was crying because he realized he would never see Lelouch again.
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:09   Link #1150
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfSpeed View Post
Do you guys think that person that is riding the carriage is Lelouch?
no, he used kage bunshin no jutsu to pretend to be the hay
Old 2008-09-28, 14:09   Link #1151
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

I knew it. I knew Lelouch was going to die ever since episode 24.

but it doesn't change the fact I cried. I'm still crying. BEAUTIFUL END. ;____;

@lol Orange-kun and Anya, I didn't see that coming. No Ninja MeidoXOrange-kun.

Still shedding tears. Manly ones though.
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:10   Link #1152
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrew View Post
Imo Suzaku was crying because he realized he would never see Lelouch again.
He could have atleast asked the guy to take a picture with him before he died.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:10   Link #1153
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I can give a hypothesis about that, being that effectively he will be dead, dead to Suzaku and dead to the entire world (you never know about C.C though, I think it was either uncertainty that the plan would work and hence why she was praying, or possible regret for making him go through this as she expressed before) I mean, he can't very well go back to the world anymore, contact his friends, his sister, or anyone now least that take away the meaning of his loss entirely if possibly leaked and what not while being unable to push them forward to move on, and thus he would and Suzaku could never see each other again after this. That's my thought on the matter, I tend to think evidence for his survival is a bit stronger in this case versus evidence against if we go by precedent anyway
Old 2008-09-28, 14:10   Link #1154
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
That black eye shadow is from loss of bood. In Shierly's case she was shot, and bleeding out. In Rolo's case, his heart was stopping and blood didn't reach his head. We already proved that an imortal can bleed, and Lulu was bleeding a lot, hence the black eyes shadow
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:11   Link #1155
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

And what about C.C's real name? It made her seem all that important or something. Well she was lying on cheese-kun at the end and after it showed a paper crane.

oooooh it makes sense now! Her real name is cheese crane!
Actually, considering what Lelouch said to Suzaku, it is very likely that Lelouch really wanted/expected to die.

However, I will agree with many people that there are just too many points that indicate Lelouch is alive:
-Nunally getting a glimpse of Lelouch's plan, simply by touching him (there is no way she would have guessed considering how she really thought he was a real demon). This is a huge indicator of immortal trait
-the said code immortality being activated upon death (which happened for CC and Charles)
-C.C. tone of speech on the carrier is absolutely not distant when she mentions lelouch, but really "directly".
-The title of the franchise and the second season label.

I would however point out that Lelouch's survival seems rather coincidental and/or not as planned, considering his speech and how he died, along with suzaku and CC reactions.
And suzaku crying can be "anything", as said already: regrets that lelouch had to doom himself as an eternal villain, or unable to meet him, etc. It can be interpreted in various way.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:11   Link #1156
masterwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_max View Post
Inst that what you earlier wrote ?

CC gave the code to lelouch and lelouch gave it to suzaku when he was on the verge of death. As the "curse" Suzaku will live on forever and its his responsibility to keep peace on earth as the world of c desires. I don't understand how you all think he's still alive even after the subs came out

I believe I was answering this one
well she says right lelouch which could mean she is connecting to her world, talking to the crane or to the driver who's true identity is lelouch, just like suzaku hiding his identity as being dead. they could be there to see the world through and will rise up if it gets out of control
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:12   Link #1157
ApathyEcstasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by errorrrr View Post
I really support the theory that Lelouch is still alive but one thing REALLY REALLY bugs me and that is the "black ring" that appears around the people's eye when they about to die WAS in fact on Lelouch ... i.e. Shirley when she dies and WONT be coming back for sure will have this like panda eye before she dies, also, Rolo had that panda eye thing on them... so I don't know... I am still torned I wish Sunrise would make it clear for us!!
i never really thought of the code/immortality thing as being something that prevents you from dying as much as you die and then revive...such as..if you died from a bomb that blew you to bits..the only way the code would work (and we know it does) is that you pretty much come back to life..whole and healed....if the code really just outright prevented you from "dying", and that's all, then it wouldn't quite work out right in the case of something that kills you by vaporizing or obliterating you..there has to be an aspect of it that reforms you..in which case that means you still experience a "period" of not being alive.
ApathyEcstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:14   Link #1158
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
i never really thought of the code/immortality thing as being something that prevents you from dying as much as you die and then revive...such as..if you died from a bomb that blew you to bits..the only way the code would work (and we know it does) is that you pretty much come back to life..whole and healed....if the code really just outright prevented you from "dying", and that's all, then it wouldn't quite work out right in the case of something that kills you by vaporizing or obliterating you
I think that's the right attitude to have on it given previous examples, such as when C.C managed to come out from the ocean after getting crushed by pressure, some grizzly execution scenes in her past, etc etc.
Old 2008-09-28, 14:14   Link #1159
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

Nunally's little bit at the end after realizing the truth of Zero's Requiem at the time of Lelouch's death was heart wrenching.
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 14:16   Link #1160
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I can give a hypothesis about that, being that effectively he will be dead, dead to Suzaku and dead to the entire world (you never know about C.C though, I think it was either uncertainty that the plan would work and hence why she was praying, or possible regret for making him go through this as she expressed before) I mean, he can't very well go back to the world anymore, contact his friends, his sister, or anyone now least that take away the meaning of his loss entirely if possibly leaked and what not while being unable to push them forward to move on, and thus he would and Suzaku could never see each other again after this. That's my thought on the matter, I tend to think evidence for his survival is a bit stronger in this case versus evidence against if we go by precedent anyway

Here's the problem if Lelouch fakes his death than I have lost all respect.

He trashes the world, than all he does is leave it to Suzaku to fix? It worse than Gundam Seed Destiny's ending, at least in that one Lacus sticks around to help fix up the place.

Instead of repenting Lelouch runs away like a coward
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote