AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 04:08   Link #181
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Episode 4

It's good that they're fleshing out other characters as well. Like others have said, it's nothing that hasnt been done before but it was still pretty good.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 09:22   Link #182
AlaAlba

This show is maybe the one I most wait for every week, and yeah it needs more supports.

Karina is easily my fave characters after Kotetsu. her super power is the coolest one and its range is, importantly, the widest one. well they're guns after all , I wonder if she can use her power without the guns.

the small thing I liked on episode 4, they're training together! Glad to see they're in the gym AGAIN in the preview, I hope we'll get more background scene like this, when the heroes are not on duty.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:00   Link #183
Otani-kun
Beta Tester

Send a message via MSN to Otani-kun
Pretty good episode.

I want to see more of Dragon Kid soon, she's awesome.
Otani-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:31   Link #184
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otani-kun View Post
Pretty good episode.

I want to see more of Dragon Kid soon, she's awesome.
From her character profile her admiration of heroes got her to be a hero after discovering she has powers. A true believer. If she and Blue Rose were Tiger's daughters she'd be the favored child.

Yeah Tiger is most likely taking the Papa Bear position to the teenage heroes. Origami Cyclone would probably be the son Tiger is disappointed on.

Barnaby is a grown man so maybe he's the "Son-in-Law" Tiger is mentoring which hasn't met his full approval yet.

Yes I can see much "Papa does not approve!" if Barnaby and Kaede does happen in the future.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 11:54   Link #185
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm enjoying the show as a whole, but really, it's mostly because of Kotetsu. It's so damn rare to see a hero like him in anime - a guy past his prime, struggling to do the best he can and keep up with the whiz-kids while still keeping a positive attitude. How ironic (and intentional) that we finally get a totally believable and likable everyman lead and he puts on a superhero suit for a living.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 15:04   Link #186
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm enjoying the show as a whole, but really, it's mostly because of Kotetsu. It's so damn rare to see a hero like him in anime - a guy past his prime, struggling to do the best he can and keep up with the whiz-kids while still keeping a positive attitude. How ironic (and intentional) that we finally get a totally believable and likable everyman lead and he puts on a superhero suit for a living.
I'm enjoying the show a lot too, but it's for far more than just Kotetsu, as much as I enjoy him. I think it has one of the strongest casts I've seen in recent memory and the general interplay between Kotetsu and Barnaby just can't be ignored. I like the fact that the series is careful to make Kotetsu sympathetic in his goals, but that a lot of his woes are his own fault. Likewise, I appreciate that Barnaby's interpersonal skills need a lot of work when he's not on camera, but he's not really wrong about Kotetsu's more negative points either.

So for me, the strength of the show is the duo and watching them come together to create a true partnership. Barnaby has the polish, Kotetsu has the heart, and together they're much more than their individual parts.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 11:27   Link #187
klare

feels like Bunny is slowly being influenced by Tiger

Rose story is a bit boring and predictable
Old 2011-04-26, 15:50   Link #188
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm more interested in learning about Dragon Kid and Rock Bison.
Old 2011-04-26, 21:11   Link #189
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well this show is certainly the biggest surprise of the season for me. Quite glad I decided to watch it on a whim.

The whole concept of company owned heroes is an interesting one that thus far is being explored rather well and it works even better given that all the heroes thus far appear to be a likable group, though I'm eagerly awaiting looks at the others. Quite glad that we seem to be getting glimpses into the personalities of the others even in episodes devoted to a specific hero like this most recent episode which provided some nice info on Fire Emblem in that he manages to get around some of the restrictions the others seem to have by actually owning his company.

Kotetsu is a great protagonist who despite being rather childish and with some other bad qualities very much embodies the ideal of being a hero whereas Barnaby is rather aloof, but does seem to be smart in terms of strategy. It's going to be nice to see them get better at working together. It's also great to have the main cast consist mainly of adults with Kotetsu even being a dad.

I'm glad to see that all the heroes have interaction with each other as early on I'd had the impression that aside from Kotetsu's friendship with Rock, they didn't talk much. So I'm glad to see that not be the case as shown this episode and the next one.

Curious to see what the big arc will end up being though this Ouroboros which I'm currently guessing is some sort of organization. The figure in the opening with the gun is my current guess for the big bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the Hero TV Network was behind it or at least playing a part of the crimes going on, but I'm not so sure Agnes is a part of it. She's had a few comments and gives the vibe for this, but that could very well be a red herring.

In any case, looking forward to next episode and the rest of the series. How many episodes is this set to have anyway? 25-26 I'd guess?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 13:20   Link #190
TAKOYAKI

牛角牛角牛角牛角牛角牛角牛角牛角牛角牛角

\宜/
Thank you and thank you again!!
TAKOYAKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 08:51   Link #191
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 10:16   Link #192
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Bahahaha, that's awesome, Kotetsu-Nobita and Barnaby-Doraemon.
Old 2011-04-29, 02:49   Link #193
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i can't believe that this series is attracting A LOT of fujoshi, i mean look at all these fanarts.... really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Every buddy cop show attracts them. It's just that anime also happens to have a whole public community ready to promote it.
Well, I've been checked at Pixiv.net that they have lots of it. Some had Yaoi-Elements, but some are NOT.
Old 2011-04-29, 11:31   Link #194
Jeffry2009
Banned

Barnaby Brooks Jr Cosplay

I saw a guy who looked kind of like Barnaby today. Unfortunately, he wasn’t this cool.
Old 2011-04-30, 12:31   Link #195
TAKOYAKI

I just had watched ep5.

uuh,,,Sky high is funny!!
Old 2011-04-30, 13:13   Link #196
TAKOYAKI

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bunny!!!

Old 2011-04-30, 15:34   Link #197
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Just got caught up on episode 4. This one was a little too predictable, but plenty of eye candy with Blue Rose. You can see Barnaby copping a feel too in one of the photos when he caught her. The CG stood out (in a bad way) a bit too much this episode as well. The close up shots are fine, but when the camera is zoomed out and you can see the entire CG suits the heroes wear, the far too smooth movement is jarringly inconsistent with the traditional animation.

One thing I hope the show goes into more is the relationship between the heroes and their sponsors, such as what their contracts stipulate as far as behavior and how they present the company. The real-life contracts of the anime sponsors would be fascinating to see. BTW, did Origami Cyclone manage to get an appearance in somewhere? I missed it if he did.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 16:55   Link #198
LKK

Spoiler for ep 5:

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 17:49   Link #199
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Spoiler for episode five:

EDIT: Found something interesting, it looks like the BR will get English subtitles, interesting to see more companies doing this (especially since Japanese DVD prices are a bit too pricey for foreign fans). Also, the show will be spread out over 9 DVD/BR releases so I guess that confirms that this is going to be a two cour show, yay!

Last edited by wandering-dreamer; 2011-04-30 at 23:15. Reason: I find random stuff on teh interwebz that I like to share
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 07:25   Link #200
TAKOYAKI

What do you think the girl?

ep5

ep1

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere