AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 14:39   Link #981
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

How so? Beyond the mystery of Geass, which will be revealed in 15 from the looks of things, what does she contribute?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 14:42   Link #982
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
What makes Kalen essential? She's just a pilot in the end. Even Suzaku is just a pilot in the end. The only ones really essential are Lelouch and the one he's getting revenge on then. I don't know if C.C. is going to play a big role, my guesses is yes cause she's been ignored the first half of season 2 and I don't need to hear someones onesided opinion why C.C. would not play a role anymore. I'll rather wait and see then...
I so agree with you. And Var is only speculating like we are. He can't know anything because nothing is canon yet. I don't see how she is essential either. And wasn't she supposed to be a supporting character right from the start? And they increased her role because the fans really liked her character or something. But IMO C.C. was always a main character. And anyway there is like half a season still remaining, anything can happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
How so? Beyond the mystery of Geass, which will be revealed in 15 from the looks of things, what does she contribute?
If we were to know everything that was going to happen there would be no surprises. You will know how her part will play out when it does (or when some spoiler leaks).
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 14:45   Link #983
seiji_kun

How can I answer that when 15 hasn't aired yet... Like I can predict what's gonna happen the next upcomming 12 episodes.

And I could ask the same of Kallen & Suzaku. Except piloting theire frames it's not like they contribute much either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I so agree with you. And Var is only speculating like we are. He can't know anything because nothing is canon yet. I don't see how she is essential either. And wasn't she supposed to be a supporting character right from the start? And they increased her role because the fans really liked her character or something. But IMO C.C. was always a main character. And anyway there is like half a season still remaining, anything can happen.

If we were to know everything that was going to happen there would be no surprises. You will know how her part will play out when it does (or when some spoiler leaks).

Thx for agreeing, and indeed C.C has been more essential to the story then Kallen can ever hope to be. I like Kallen don't take me wrong but I'm not dellusioning myself in seeing much romance between them. Heck even when I see it I find it only onesided of Kallen so far. Kallen has never been essential, that KMF could've been piloted bye anyone else. This doesn't mean I'm against a Kalulu pairing.
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 14:49   Link #984
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

No, Kallen has always been one of the main and key characters of this show. I'd say she's the heroine actually. I think you are thinking of Jeremiah since that is what happened with him. There are 12 episodes left and C.C.'s role lies only in the Geass aspect of the plot. It's important for sure, but it looks like it will all be taken care of very soon.

Maybe so, but I'm not that hopeful.

Quote:
How can I answer that when 15 hasn't aired yet... Like I can predict what's gonna happen the next upcomming 12 episodes.

And I could ask the same of Kallen & Suzaku. Except piloting theire frames it's not like they contribute much either.
The info on it suggests the secrets of Geass will be revealed. Then I guess they just need to stop Charles or something.

They have been involved in every aspect of the plot to some degree and have grown throughout both seasons. C.C. is a rather static character and has always been that way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-07-11, 15:07   Link #985
seiji_kun

Quote:
No, Kallen has always been one of the main and key characters of this show. I'd say she's the heroine actually. I think you are thinking of Jeremiah since that is what happened with him. There are 12 episodes left and C.C.'s role lies only in the Geass aspect of the plot. It's important for sure, but it looks like it will all be taken care of very soon.
That's how you view it and I can't agree with you. If you want to view her as the heroine it's your right I guess. But rather then a heroine atm she is a damsel in distress. And if you already believe C.C.'s role is outplayed it's also your right. Only time will answer these in the end.

Quote:
The info on it suggests the secrets of Geass will be revealed. Then I guess they just need to stop Charles or something.

They have been involved in every aspect of the plot to some degree and have grown throughout both seasons. C.C. is a rather static character and has always been that way.
Last time I checked essential means absolutely necessary. And no they aren't, Suzaku could've been replaced bye random pilotes. He's not necessary he only enriches the story as beeing Lelouch best friend / childhood friend. Kallen also, they could easely leave her out of the story, it would be just a fangirl less (well in your guys opinion it seems she is his fated to be which makes her essential, talk about comming to a conclusion to fast when romance is just of secondary concern).

While C.C. was actually essential cause she's the one that gave him geass. Without her theire wouldn't be a Code "GEASS".
Old 2008-07-11, 15:12   Link #986
Asleep

Like seiji said all the romance in S2 has been from Kallen's side. She undoubtedly has feelings for Lelouch. But he hasn't reciprocated at all. He would have done the same thing, even if it were Shirley,Milly (or even Nina for that matter), so telling he will come to save her is no love declaration.

And Kallen is one of the main characters. But the key words here are one of the main How is she the heroine of the show, when she has barely had one line to speak since she was imprisoned?

From the previous episode, the way Lelou was practically begging for her to live on, he must surely have been in love with her?

You know, people do love other people like friends, family. And Lelouch is doing the same thing this season. We still don't know who he loves, I bet he also doesn't know. So it's not obvious to us normal people that Lelouch is in love with Kallen, and how KxL will so obviously happen.

And Lelouch, C.C. (she was watching them), Suzaku and Nunnally were there right from the first scene of the first episode. So IMO they are the essential characters.
Old 2008-07-11, 15:21   Link #987
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
And Lelouch, C.C. (she was watching them), Suzaku and Nunnally were there right from the first scene of the first episode. So IMO they are the essential characters.
Sure CC is important i think she is as well. But Anything romantic between her and lelouch is pretty much over with "if" nothing happens in the next two episodes.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 15:36   Link #988
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Sure CC is important i think she is as well. But Anything romantic between her and lelouch is pretty much over with "if" nothing happens in the next two episodes.
Yeah cause it's impossible for twists to happen in the last episodes. And I don't think you have to expect Lelouch to be in a romantic mood the next two episodes. And even if we see a Lelouch C.C. scene people will dismiss it as not even beeing romantic enough prolly.

Man I'm not gonna state things like that cause I've seen enough animes proofing me that even my judgement can be off at times tho it rarely is. So I'll sit back and relax while seeing the outcome, I'll never wind myself up again cause it isn't the outcome that I wanted. True Tears was harsh enough for me on that aspect, I knew what the outcome would be but for once I thougth going against my gutfeeling, obviously it didn't pay off.

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2008-07-11 at 16:14. Reason: mistakes @ spelling, yes I care!
Old 2008-07-11, 16:50   Link #989
Asleep

Quote:
Yeah cause it's impossible for twists to happen in the last episodes. And I don't think you have to expect Lelouch to be in a romantic mood the next two episodes. And even if we see a Lelouch C.C. scene people will dismiss it as not even beeing romantic enough prolly.
The new ED for example. It's a clearly a plus point for LxC. But so far I have read everything from - "it's clamp so it doesn't matterto "it is a goodbye scene, it means C.C. will die". While I agree that it is drawn by clamp and might not be official or anything; would they be saying the same thing, if the same picture featured Kallen and Lelou? Dann would have declared KxL to be canon, and all the KxL fans would be rejoicing. Everything in favour of LxC is meaningless, while falling on top of Lelou was an almost kiss scene. Really?

The truth is it could really go either way, or Lelouch could even be alone in the end. At this point, what with Shirley's death and all, who can really predict, what will happen? We can only wait and see how it will unfold, and hope the writers do a good job.
Old 2008-07-11, 17:02   Link #990
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
The new ED for example. It's a clearly a plus point for LxC. But so far I have read everything from - "it's clamp so it doesn't matterto "it is a goodbye scene, it means C.C. will die". While I agree that it is drawn by clamp and might not be official or anything; would they be saying the same thing, if the same picture featured Kallen and Lelou? Dann would have declared KxL to be canon, and all the KxL fans would be rejoicing. Everything in favour of LxC is meaningless, while falling on top of Lelou was an almost kiss scene. Really?

The truth is it could really go either way, or Lelouch could even be alone in the end. At this point, what with Shirley's death and all, who can really predict, what will happen? We can only wait and see how it will unfold, and hope the writers do a good job.
Just out of curiousity, how do you interpret the ed scene? I personally thought that the scene was a scene of separation due to the colours and imagery used but am interested in another opinion. For the record if it was Kallen instead of C.C there I would have the same interpretation
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 17:06   Link #991
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

What chess piece is the witch? Maybe the one playing the game, but I know who Q1 and the King is.
Old 2008-07-11, 17:23   Link #992
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
What chess piece is the witch? Maybe the one playing the game, but I know who Q1 and the King is.
C.C might not be a piece here, but the player...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 17:30   Link #993
seiji_kun

Lightbulb

Quote:
Well call me weird but my chesspieces have never started to make out. Maybe I should buy a new chessboard? Even if you think the chess pieces are symbolic they don't have to be symbolic in a romantic way. Or does Charles f*ck his knight of one? or who the one is that represents the queen at Brittanian.
Old 2008-07-11, 18:01   Link #994
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Well call me weird but my chesspieces have never started to make out. Maybe I should buy a new chessboard? Even if you think the chess pieces are symbolic they don't have to be symbolic in a romantic way. Or does Charles f*ck his knight of one? or who the one is that represents the queen at Brittanian.
I guess you don't have the Time Life Lord of the Rings set like I do.. Marianne could represent the Q1. Hey, it was meant in jest mostly. Jeebus, people get there panties in a wad around here here so quickly.
Old 2008-07-11, 18:56   Link #995
seiji_kun

Quote:
I guess you don't have the Time Life Lord of the Rings set like I do.. Marianne could represent the Q1. Hey, it was meant in jest mostly. Jeebus, people get there panties in a wad around here here so quickly.
Kind of morbid of him of using a corpse to represent his queen. Well I guess necrophilia is better then gay-sex? And in Belgium theire ain't much CG merchandise nor do I really feel the urge in buying something like a CG chessboard which I would never use. Heck my present chessboard is only good enough to catch dust.

Oh btw, if you're joking around I'm joking around to! Whose getting her panties in a bunch? I'm a boxerman myself.
Old 2008-07-11, 19:16   Link #996
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Kind of morbid of him of using a corpse to represent his queen. Well I guess necrophilia is better then gay-sex? And in Belgium theire ain't much CG merchandise nor do I really feel the urge in buying something like a CG chessboard which I would never use. Heck my present chessboard is only good enough to catch dust.

Oh btw, if you're joking around I'm joking around to! Whose getting her panties in a bunch? I'm a boxerman myself.
Sorry about not noticing that you were joking, since sarcasm does not transmit well over the net, I try to use emoticons.

There is still speculation that Marianne is not dead. That the one killed was a double.
Old 2008-07-11, 19:17   Link #997
Krishh
Mao, ftw

Quote:
There is still speculation that Marianne is not dead. That the one killed was a double.
I'd say there would have to be a very good reason for her to do something like that to Nunnally and Lelouch were that the case oO
Krishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 19:22   Link #998
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishh View Post
I'd say there would have to be a very good reason for her to do something like that to Nunnally and Lelouch were that the case oO
Couldn't agree more, if my mom would do that to me I would make sure she would be dead afterwards. Not alone making them suffer the pain of losing theire mother, but also the fact that she let Charles disown them and use them.

Do ppl think that way cause C.C. is talking with her? Well that whole land of C is some crazy sh*t! I'll be glad when ep 15 has aired.
Old 2008-07-11, 19:28   Link #999
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishh View Post
I always thought it could be to "toughen" Lelouch up, and get him prepared to be King. Of course thats wild speculation on my part, not really needed here in the CC thread.
Old 2008-07-11, 20:49   Link #1000
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
That's how you view it and I can't agree with you. If you want to view her as the heroine it's your right I guess. But rather then a heroine atm she is a damsel in distress. And if you already believe C.C.'s role is outplayed it's also your right. Only time will answer these in the end.

Last time I checked essential means absolutely necessary. And no they aren't, Suzaku could've been replaced bye random pilotes. He's not necessary he only enriches the story as beeing Lelouch best friend / childhood friend. Kallen also, they could easely leave her out of the story, it would be just a fangirl less (well in your guys opinion it seems she is his fated to be which makes her essential, talk about comming to a conclusion to fast when romance is just of secondary concern).

While C.C. was actually essential cause she's the one that gave him geass. Without her theire wouldn't be a Code "GEASS".
I don't want to, but someone has to be the heroine and she's the only one getting screentime and the only one with a real role. Damsel can be a good role as well as it can be of importance. Ever seen TTGL?

No he can't because he is meant to be the opposite of Lelouch and that is an important role. I thought so about Kallen, but the fact they say she is means she is. I don't know why she is critical nor can I see what would ever make her critical (and I don't need to hear from anyone why she would be).

And that's nice and all but it isn't that important now.

Quote:
Like seiji said all the romance in S2 has been from Kallen's side. She undoubtedly has feelings for Lelouch. But he hasn't reciprocated at all. He would have done the same thing, even if it were Shirley,Milly (or even Nina for that matter), so telling he will come to save her is no love declaration.

And Kallen is one of the main characters. But the key words here are one of the main How is she the heroine of the show, when she has barely had one line to speak since she was imprisoned?

From the previous episode, the way Lelou was practically begging for her to live on, he must surely have been in love with her?

You know, people do love other people like friends, family. And Lelouch is doing the same thing this season. We still don't know who he loves, I bet he also doesn't know. So it's not obvious to us normal people that Lelouch is in love with Kallen, and how KxL will so obviously happen.

I won't argue that (though I question her feelings myself). And since she's the only one who clearly has feelings that has a chance, she's the only one that it will be. Even if C.C. did feel that way, her personality is not the type to allow her to ever say anything.

They needed time from her. Probably so they could give the other girls a little time before they focused back on her. How else would Shirley and C.C. ever get any time?

I would say he felt something very strong and close to love there.

To you maybe, but to a large majority of this board, it's so obvious it isn't even funny.

Back in season one maybe. Now? Maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Well, of course it is. They could have a hugely meaningful scene and you would likely still declare it non-romantic since nothing like that could ever happen with those two since Kallen just has to be the one.

Quote:
Twists on that level? Not without it being rushed and bad writing. He won't be. They'll probably have him hate her for most of the series and focus it all on her. Then he can be all happy when Kallen finally is back. She'll be happy enough.

Quote:

I do hope you're kidding. That scene shows nothing but a parting of ways since it's clear she's leaving him. And of course they would all have declared it canon. It would be then. ANd it's all meaningless because there is not one thing in this show that is in favor of that. And yes, really it is a clear sign.

Maybe and maybe not.

Quote:
She's the Queen piece. It was designed after her like the King was after Lelouch. And yes, I know you don't agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
C.C might not be a piece here, but the player...
She's the Queen piece. And I know you disagree as well.

Crap, Var's here. I must have done something wrong.