AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 18:26   Link #601
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Just another tank'n'spam session.
Old 2012-03-15, 20:12   Link #602
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Dunno, the Defense Program was a poor sitting duck, Godzilla is far more agile that his appearance and size sugguests, managing to travel fast trough countries by foot and doing some impressive maneuvers during battles. His durability is a bit inconsistent, tough. Sometimes a well placed super bomb can hurt him, other times freaking city destroying meteors from space fail to hurt him, only succeding in making him angrier and stronger. The same is applied to his destructive capabilities, at worst his atomic breath destroy tanks and buildings ...at his best he can level entire cities or even states (he blew up a small Moon-sized comet after all).

In short, RF6 can do well against Showa-era Godzilla but will be stompped by his millenium version(specially the one featured in the "Final Wars" movie) cause of absurd resillence(only the Triple Braker have any real chances of actually hurting him), Hulk-like anger increasing powers(the angrier he is, the stronger he gets) and near-Dragon Ball Z levels of Destructive force(far greater than Voltaire's ...not even the Arf/Yuuno combo could save them this time xDU).

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 20:14   Link #603
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Still nothing stopping the Bureau from teleporting Godzilla into space to nuke 'em with the Arc-en-Ciel or about ten Augusto shots.
Old 2012-03-15, 20:20   Link #604
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Still nothing stopping the Bureau from teleporting Godzilla into space to nuke 'em with the Arc-en-Ciel or about ten Augusto shots.
Yup, the only way to effectively deal with him is with world-ending class weapons like the Arc-en-Ciel xD But that will require preparation, not to mention doing a good set up in order to teleport him (which as implied in A's it turns harder in relation with the size of the target). If the Big G appears in the middle of a populated city, things will get real ugly really fast xD! As RF6 will also have to deal with a populated city to evacuate in order to safely teleport the big threat xD.

In the end he'll probably be "defeated" by alternative methods but i guess it's ok. After all, that's how people get rid of him in the movies, no one is able to beat him in a straight up battle xD

The Hulk Kaiju won't go down before stompping everyone's butts xD

Probably a more interesting cross-over will be the Huckebein stuck in a planet/island filled with Kaiju monsters. They seem to be strong and durable enough to face them.

Esquad Huckebein VS. Rodan xD!

....nah, too easy, Cypha takes down Rodan and the Esquad Huckebein will face King Gidorah xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 20:31   Link #605
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Yup, the only way to effectively deal with him is with world-ending class weapons like the Arc-en-Ciel xD But that will require preparation, not to mention doing a good set up in order to teleport him (which as implied in A's it turns harder in relation with the size of the target). If the Big G appears in the middle of a populated city, things will get real ugly really fast xD! As RF6 will also have to deal with a populated city to evacuate in order to safely teleport the big threat xD.
First of all, it wouldn't take much trouble to teleport him--they'd only need at the very least three mages of sufficient power. Second of all, unlike the Automatic Defense Program, Godzilla's pretty much stuck if he's teleported into space. And if that doesn't kill him, he's not gonna be going anywhere while the Bureau sets up what it needs to vaporize him.

Second of all, evacuate hell. Dimensional barriers would remove most of the non-magical folk and that'd really cut back on the amount of people they'd need to evacuate. It'd also save on damages--and hell, let's face it--Cranagan has a lot of useless rubble Godzilla would need to smash through before he got into any of the populated zones.

So yeah. Tough fight, undoubtedly, but the Bureau has plenty of ways to prevent Godzilla from really making a mess of things.
Old 2012-03-15, 20:48   Link #606
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Considering a AAA-level Starlight Breaker was enough to destroy an ancient belkan capturing barrier and a purple thunder to destroy the one rised by a whole bunch of TSAB soldiers i fail to see how that will contain Godzilla for long. Buuuut, i get your point, if the barrier, the teleporters, the attackers and the executiiners (aka. the starships). Are all ready and perform a quick strategy then yeah, something like:

Godzilla appears, blows up some stuff and the TSAB makes an Oh Crap face...
* Mages battle him to no effect...
* Barrier is rised to contain him, gets cofused and blast more stuff until noticing he's caged and starts thinking about blowing up the barrier.
* Elite mages(presumable RF6) appear to face him and distract him from destroying the barrier.
* Group of powerfull teleporters make the calculations and preparations for the point and moment where they can properly teleport the Big G.
* Mages fire their bigger guns to mantain the Big G on the same point(Vita's Gigant Crusher hitting him on the head will look epic xD!). They manage to make him dazed/confused for a moment.
* Teleporters do their job and transport him in an epic joint effort to space.
* Big G recover councsiousness too late and roars in the silence of space as the float of battleships prepare to splat his molecules across the dimensions xD
* Everyone celebrates and look at the horizon hoping nothing like this will happen again xD

...if the TSAB manage to pull something like that with efficiently enough to have absolutely zero casaulties they'll deserve a medal xD

Alternate version will be having him fight Voltaire and Hakutenou xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 20:59   Link #607
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That or they try to befriend him like the children keep doing in various films (not a much as they do Gamura, but still).

Plus Nanoha's method of friendship is flashier and involves explosions.
Old 2012-03-15, 21:27   Link #608
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That or they try to befriend him like the children keep doing in various films (not a much as they do Gamura, but still).
Reminds me of a scene of Godzilla VS. King Ghidorah where an old rich man think he's friends with Godzilla and share's a moment with the colossal reptilian where they look at each other in the eyes with sentimental music and all and then ...Godzilla blows the crap out of him and his company building xD! If something is made clear to the audience is that he's an ungrateful bastard xD

I guess Caro could befriend Mothra since she seems to have a soft spot for young kids an honest adventurers xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 21:29   Link #609
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Mothra would fit Lutecia's theme more.
Old 2012-03-15, 21:31   Link #610
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Mothra would fit Lutecia's theme more.
True, also Lutecia fits the mold of "girl in need of protection" far better than Caro does xD

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 22:23   Link #611
Justin_Brett

I like how this discussion happened without specifying which Godzilla. There's like four different versions of him.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 22:26   Link #612
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Aki mentioned the Showa-era and Millennium Godzillas, actually.
Old 2012-03-15, 22:30   Link #613
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I like how this discussion happened without specifying which Godzilla. There's like four different versions of him.
I do give some vague specification, altough it's true i didn't quite explained about the various different incarnations(in fact, there's like 7 or 8 versions taking into consideration almost every movie of the millenium series was a standalone reboot xD). Still i didn't think it's quite necessary to be so specific about the matter, just taking into account the weaker Godzilla(original Film and Showa series) and his strongest incarnation to date ("Final Wars" without discussion xD).

Of course we don't need to talk about the american version either(Vita alone can stomp that oversized iguana ...gosh, even someone like Signum could defeat that poor thing xDU).

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 22:34   Link #614
Justin_Brett

You got the movie with that moment you mentioned wrong, actually: it was Godzilla 2000. Which I always remember as 'that movie where Godzilla blows a guy's head open from the inside'.

Anyway, since this topic's more active again, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Nanoha crossed over with the Metroid series. You wouldn't have to stretch things much.
Old 2012-03-15, 22:45   Link #615
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
You got the movie with that moment you mentioned wrong, actually: it was Godzilla 2000. Which I always remember as 'that movie where Godzilla blows a guy's head open from the inside'.
Actually i was talkin of "Godzilla: Final Wars" where a comet the size of a small moon named "Gorath" was a bout to clash with the Earth, Godzilla launch a immensely powerfull atomic breath and blast the thing, the explosion still anhilates Tokyo City but Godzilla survives anyway, in time to face "Monster X" who was living inside the comet, then the epic battle begins xD.

Quote:
Anyway, since this topic's more active again, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Nanoha crossed over with the Metroid series. You wouldn't have to stretch things much.
Wonder if Nanoha will suffer from Samus's "Bag of Spilling" syndrome. At the start of each adventure she loses almost all of her equipement always starting with subpar defenses and a weak weapon xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 22:53   Link #616
Justin_Brett

And then people played Other M and stopped making jokes about that.

I meant that moment with Godzilla staring at the dude, actually.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:05   Link #617
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
And then people played Other M and stopped making jokes about that.
Need to play that one, but yeah, Samus being sort of a "space bounty hunter" could have chance to meet with some TSAB people on one of her missions, it'll be interesting what's the approach of the bureau with freelance bounty hunters, maybe treating them as civilian helpers like Nanoha/Yuuno during Season One and A's xD?

Quote:
I meant that moment with Godzilla staring at the dude, actually.
Oh, that was from "Godzilla VS. King Ghidorah" (December, 1991) of the Heisei-era. The guy was a soldier on charge of a small group during World War II and was saved by pre-radiation Godzillasaurus and thus the guy thinked they shared a special connection which was painfully proved wrong when Godzilla blasted him later in the film xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-15, 23:33   Link #618
Justin_Brett

Would have to depend on if they were dealing with anything that would require Samus' past knowledge and expertise. I was just thinking have them head off to deal with a problem at the same time the Galactic Federation did (by sending Samus, which is how they deal with everything).

(Also after how pissy you've been about Signum's treatment so far, I can't really recommend Other M in any way.)
Old 2012-03-15, 23:35   Link #619
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

(I'm still the only one who likes Other M, it would seem)

There's other ways to crossover Metroid and Nanoha. I know there's at least one written work where Erio encountered a Metroid, though I don't have a link for it.
Old 2012-03-15, 23:41   Link #620
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Would have to depend on if they were dealing with anything that would require Samus' past knowledge and expertise. I was just thinking have them head off to deal with a problem at the same time the Galactic Federation did (by sending Samus, which is how they deal with everything).
That's even more interesting xD. The TSAB collaborationg with another intergalactic goverment organization xD Considering the planets where Samus has worked in early games seems to contain old technology and are unpopulated so far(save for local wild-life and metroids, of course xD) i'll say her knowledge and experience will come in handy, probably Teana will emphazise with her since Samus is more or less a Badass Normal in a power suit.

Quote:
(Also after how pissy you've been about Signum's treatment so far, I can't really recommend Other M in any way.)
It depends, unlike Signum, Samus has always been a badass normal woman with good skills and cool gadgets, so it's more or less understandable she have a hard time while stripped of those gadgets or facing challenges too big for her mortal being to stand up against. It must require something really lame or humilliating happening to Samus to make me lose my respect for her xD(like being defeated by normal guys or something).

...with less power comes less responsibility xD!

~The ASFB~