AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-08, 20:03   Link #1421
kagato3

New chapter gave us something important about Touta. He is a mimic (and seemingly a very good one at that). He stated he tends to copy anyone he deems impressive and if this in not a new thing post memory loss he may have a lot more talent and training in his back ground then has been let on. It might even be why he can't use magic. Someone might have sealed him to keep him from copying and using it.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 21:21   Link #1422
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I seem to remember another character who was a mimic with an unknown past who had no inherent magic...
Old 2014-02-08, 21:56   Link #1423
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I cannot belive someone who translates every instance of "-san" as "Mister" is getting paid money...
Old 2014-02-08, 22:09   Link #1424
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I cannot belive someone who translates every instance of "-san" as "Mister" is getting paid money...
I also felt this was very out of place. It feels unnatural and I think it would be ok to keep it as an honorific or drop the honorific unless dealing with a person who requires one.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 23:28   Link #1425
chaosprophet

Pretty good chapter. Nice to see Touta explaining more about why he lives that way.

I guess Touta may really be a mix of vampire and magic erebia being, probably making some kind of immortality even stronger than a vampire like Eva, and being on the level of Karen's.

Quote:
If you mean chapter 22, there is only one out for now and is a fan translation.
Old 2014-02-08, 23:54   Link #1426
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
in fairness to the fan translator, he mentions that it is the policy of the group he translate for not to have any honorific left in place, so the blame is not on him, any manga from that group will have the same problems.

and no, I don't think he is getting money, either. the only one is the Crunchyroll version by the twins, which is the official version.
Old 2014-02-14, 21:55   Link #1427
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

So, I've been thinking...UQ Holder is a story about "immortals". Negi was unkillable when Negima ended...The Mage of the Beginning was "ceaseless". Seeing as there is the probability of battles between immortals in the future is definitely high, do you think we'll ever see the fight between Negi and the Mage of the Beginning, even in a flashback arc? I think we'll see more Mage of the Beginning Type immortals cropping up later in series so it's definitely a possibility (that I hope Akamatsu will fulfill).

Or perhaps, there's also the possibility that we will see her again considering that she was only said to be defeated but was never said to be eliminated.

Granted, this is probably a bit late to be thinking of this possibility...I'm sure someone else has before this...
Old 2014-02-15, 15:46   Link #1428
Tenzen12

If Negi was alive, he would have to be antagonist, either brainwashed, or on side of evil "out of pragmatism". And considering Touta is protagonist only way these two can fight each other is if there was someone at least as much strong as MotB or stonger and it would be near to the end.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 15:57   Link #1429
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
If Negi was alive, he would have to be antagonist, either brainwashed, or on side of evil "out of pragmatism". And considering Touta is protagonist only way these two can fight each other is if there was someone at least as much strong as MotB or stonger and it would be near to the end.
Negi is an evil mage of darkness after all. He came to terms by the end I think with the fact that no matter what he does, someone will see him as evil and wrong. So from his point of view he would be doing the right thing, just like the mage of the beginning. And Touta has his grandson (pending) may have to try and stop him to suite his own ideals. So they could both be good and evil at the same time.

Old 2014-02-16, 01:19   Link #1430
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
in fairness to the fan translator, he mentions that it is the policy of the group he translate for not to have any honorific left in place, so the blame is not on him, any manga from that group will have the same problems.
Not quite true. I'm told their adaptation of Fairy Tail goes the other way in that a lot of Japanese words are retained. For UQH, they don't even want Japanese technique names retained, much less honorifics. It makes no sense to me, but what can ya do. ^_^;;;

Quote:
and no, I don't think he is getting money, either. the only one is the Crunchyroll version by the twins, which is the official version.
I don't think he's getting paid either.

And for those who don't know, the Twins are continuing their adaptation style they used in Negima!, so there's consistency there.

As to chapter 23, based on the spoilers (and at the risk of angering more Touta fans), looks like Touta may finally get that beating I think he deserves in order that he become a better character.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 06:29   Link #1431
Gundamx

you know...since Negi grandchild was strong maybe same with his child who get killed

so someone who is so strong that he able to kill his child with leaving his grandchild half dead with memory lose

maybe that send Negi in Vengeance quest to kill every last one of them and die at last battle?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 11:05   Link #1432
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Werewolf-guy just triggered another mechanism of Magia Erebea after he gouged out Touta's heart.

What's next? Full-Body armor M.E.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 11:32   Link #1433
Breimoon

So when MC dies magia erabea automatically activates? If he goes berserk, could he be the one who killed his own "parents"?
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-16, 12:16   Link #1434
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
So when MC dies magia erabea automatically activates? If he goes berserk, could he be the one who killed his own "parents"?
Maybe, when Touta saw the moon, he transformed into a giant ape, went berserk and killed his parents.
Old 2014-02-16, 20:21   Link #1435
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Maybe, when Touta saw the moon, he transformed into a giant ape, went berserk and killed his parents.
And then he threw the thigh bone he used to killed his parents with up into the air, thanking the monolith for giving him his god-like powers to do whatever the heck he wants. *nods*

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-17, 04:18   Link #1436
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Cut off his tail!
Old 2014-02-17, 21:29   Link #1437
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
My personal interest in this series is continuing to increase. Touta is seeming more and more like how I imagined Nagi would be as a character.

It's easy to write him off as an idiot, but it'd be more accurate to describe him as care-free. He is fully aware of his own biggest fault (he is effectively hollow emotionally due to lack of anything to aim or strive for), he is fiercely protective of his friends without trying to stick them in the kitchen (Negi's big problem), he is smart enough to notice and deal with Kuromaro's distress in the middle of a fight, and he isn't too proud to run if it means surviving.

He ain't Negi, but he's about ten times better than a normal protagonist.
I call that 'being inconsistent and being dumb or 'smart' whenever the plot requires for either', but to each their own.

Most normal Shonen protagonists are also like that, which is, for instance, why Naruto can generally act like a moron and yet give 'deep sage insight' when talking to an enemy or developing 'good fight strategies' in a combat.
Old 2014-02-18, 01:01   Link #1438
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
I call that 'being inconsistent and being dumb or 'smart' whenever the plot requires for either', but to each their own.

Most normal Shonen protagonists are also like that, which is, for instance, why Naruto can generally act like a moron and yet give 'deep sage insight' when talking to an enemy or developing 'good fight strategies' in a combat.
Is that really such an issue? Even in RL, I've known smart people that can be really dumb under certain conditions, and generally dumb people that have come up with good ideas every now and then. People aren't just one thing.

Even Negi had some really dumb moments.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-18, 01:10   Link #1439
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Negi had quite a few dumb moments, and not just ones involving him being a naive kid.
Old 2014-02-18, 02:25   Link #1440
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post

It seems what you are looking for is a one dimensional character that doesn't have a personality or grow in any way. I recommend Shinji from Evangelion. I never understood terms like "the plot requires." there is a story being written so everything encompassing it is required by the plot to move forward. I honestly don't get why people spend time out of their day to read a manga that they obviously don't like and then come on a forum and bash it. I guess it's a free country and an open forum so you guys can do what you like.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love