AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 01:04   Link #2301
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

6 more days... I am starting to feel the effects of Cross Game withdrawal... sigh...
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 03:37   Link #2302
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Taking into account the time zone difference, it's more precisely, 4 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes, and 15... 14... 13... 12... 11.....................

PS. Apparently Tsukishima's household grave showed up in Q&A 8.
Old 2010-01-05, 03:40   Link #2303
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
PS. Apparently Tsukishima's household grave showed up in Q&A 8.
Yes, it did. It was actually quite funny, as well.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 07:09   Link #2304
Mikapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I've actually been thinking about that possibility, because the timing of it could conceivably work out. I'm trying to remember an instance where we had a simultaneous manga/anime conclusion, and I haven't come up with anything - anyone? I'm not sure it's ever happened but it would certainly be sugoi if it happened with CG.
Toradora! did it, although they skipped over a lot in the end. Honey and Clover II worked out great, without skipping over too much. Nodame Cantabile's opera arc will coincide with the second L/A Film, which might cover that material.
Mikapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 08:08   Link #2305
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Roughly 5 more days. Kimi ni Todoke and Kobato just aren't doing enough to stave off withdrawal.

So to lighten up the mood, does anyone think that to make up for this week not having Cross Game, something will happen next week that is so balls-shatteringly awesome?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 09:32   Link #2306
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You would think so, yes...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 04:23   Link #2307
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Just dropping buy to tell you guys your advertisement here in the forum worked on me <.<;
Cross Game had me at "So it's that simple .. I just have to cry." ._.

Cross game looked so unapealing to me .. I mean a sports series? And the art put me off, too. And now I already rushed through all 39 episodes and think it's one of the best slice-of-life shows I watched. I even start to like the drawing style for what it is - different and imperfect.
I still get a little bored when the baseball matches take more then one episode, though. I dont understand the tactics .. I'm kind of on the same knowledge level then the stupid fangirls watching the games for the guys .. "What is a foul again? .. and ball was when .. uhm ".
And god Daimon is kind of stupid. I can see how teenagers are so serious about their sport, but grown men? Baseball is serious business indeed . At least Daimon and that acting principle didn't aim for world domination ...

Well, I guess I'm thankful to you all for advertising this series whenever, I wouldn't watch it, if you hadn't . One doesn't come across such good characters and such dry humor that often.
But I guess, I still hate you for making me watch another running series. I hate the waiting :P
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 06:41   Link #2308
poko-kun

Yay! new cross game converts.
Old 2010-01-07, 11:43   Link #2309
PeterI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I still get a little bored when the baseball matches take more then one episode, though. I dont understand the tactics .. I'm kind of on the same knowledge level then the stupid fangirls watching the games for the guys .. "What is a foul again? .. and ball was when .. uhm ".
It is always great to see new fans of the show. Watching baseball anime is a great way to learn to enjoy watching baseball. There are plenty of websites which explain the basics, and you might find they help your enjoyment, but you can learn a lot just by watching.
PeterI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-07, 17:09   Link #2310
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Cross game looked so unapealing to me .. I mean a sports series? And the art put me off, too. And now I already rushed through all 39 episodes and think it's one of the best slice-of-life shows I watched.
Heh, you description rather fits my first encounter with Mitsuru Adachi's works - though in my case, the first one of his works I encountered wasn't one of his sports stories, but rather "Miyuki" (still slice of life though). But that one really encouraged me to go on to read many of his other works related to sport, even though I'm not very interested in sport (and knows - well, knew - nothing of baseball for one thing) .
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 03:34   Link #2311
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
And god Daimon is kind of stupid. I can see how teenagers are so serious about their sport, but grown men? Baseball is serious business indeed .
I agree with you he is quite the evil one (Daimon = Demon?). From what I've read, high school baseball is really big in Japan.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 04:52   Link #2312
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
I agree with you he is quite the evil one (Daimon = Demon?). From what I've read, high school baseball is really big in Japan.
As we probably know, baseball is more popular than soccer in Japan...
But right now, it gradually shifts as soccer has becomes new trend since the world 8 years ago...
CMIIW...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 07:58   Link #2313
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Two more days before ressumption or airing. God this feels exactly like the day I quit smoking cold turkey 4 years ago.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 11:17   Link #2314
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Hihi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterI View Post
but you can learn a lot just by watching.
Gotta say I already learnt a lot about baseball. The dialogues make it followable, even for baseball noobies like me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
Yeah, but so is soccer in europe and football in the US. I'd guess the hype is comparable and having people transferred and putting huge fundings into building a team is quite unthinkable afaik. Just for the record - the hockey team of my former school went to the nationals and a few of them went to the olympics, too. No special money for them.
The obsession of Daimon just seems out of proportion for me, but maybe he just hasn't anything else to do~ Every series needs some evulz after all.

But I was wondering what kind of school is Seishu anyway? Judging by the school building and grounds it seems quite loaded; is it a private school? They seem to have A+ grounds for every sports team.
Old 2010-01-08, 11:26   Link #2315
Ansalem
Speaker

Quote:
Yeah, but so is soccer in europe and football in the US. I'd guess the hype is comparable and having people transferred and putting huge fundings into building a team is quite unthinkable afaik. Just for the record - the hockey team of my former school went to the nationals and a few of them went to the olympics, too. No special money for them.
The obsession of Daimon just seems out of proportion for me, but maybe he just hasn't anything else to do~ Every series needs some evulz after all.
High school baseball in Japan is about as big as a high school sport as I can think of anywhere in the world. The closest I can come up with is high school football in Texas, and even that pales in comparison. It's not to say that every school and every person is obsessed, but plenty are and the plot is believable. I mean, what other high school sport gets regular national television coverage? You can also check out this documentary about Japanese high school baseball. It's about half the scenes from it, but mostly just cut out the practice and game scenes.
Old 2010-01-08, 11:26   Link #2316
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I think the big difference vs. the US is not that baseball is more popular than soccer in japan, but that HS baseball is just as big a deal as pro baseball. HS baseball is almost non-existent in the media here, but the Koshien is as big a sporting event in Japan as there is, except perhaps for the World Cup - which only occurs once every four years.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 20:32   Link #2317
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Being Canadian, I find baseball in Japan is actually more akin to hockey in Canada. With the Koshien being more or less equal to the IHF World JR Hockey Championships in terms of prestige.

So yeah, serious business indeed, if the terms hockey mom/dad is of any indication in my country... XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 21:12   Link #2318
poko-kun

hs baseball sure is a serious business in japan.
kikuchi yuusei, the hs baseball lefty pitcher who just graduated last year, now has been drew by a professional team, and the medias reported that he would make 100 million yen this year.
Old 2010-01-09, 12:20   Link #2319
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Woa, alright .. justified serious business

Looking forward to the next episode .. how long does it take for the subs normally?
Old 2010-01-09, 12:30   Link #2320
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One day, the RAW comes out on Sunday, and on Monday morning the Subsmith guys already have their sub out.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports