AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-18, 02:07   Link #1281
poko-kun

I put a big big spoiler on my face.

If you guys want to watch the streaming, look in megavideo, the uploader is pretty quick (most of the time)
Old 2009-10-18, 03:07   Link #1282
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have an exam tomorrow morning, but given the implications of this episode, instead of "Time to take my medical microbiology exam!", my first thought would be "I wonder if Subsmith has subbed this yet." Priorities amirite?

Goddamned priorities.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 06:20   Link #1283
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Anyone got that limited time calendar? D:

By the way, you can get TV-Tokyo (テレビ東京) live stream with KeyHoleTV.
Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 09:50   Link #1284
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oooooooooooohhh... this is gonna be good...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 10:07   Link #1285
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Spoiler for Ultimate spoiler which will ruin your enjoyment of the whole series forever if you read it here before you watch it on the episode:
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 10:16   Link #1286
kari5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Spoiler for Ultimate spoiler which will ruin your enjoyment of the whole series forever if you read it here before you watch it on the episode:
I lol'd hard.
kari5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 10:36   Link #1287
Proto

Hmm... *sigh*. I'm completely amazed by how good this episode was. I knew what was coming and I still kept shedding tears during the last half of the episode I'm just a crybaby but IMHO this episode yet again tops the previous ones. Or at least stands side to side with ep 1,16 and 24.
Old 2009-10-18, 20:56   Link #1288
Proto

Subsmith sub's are out. Now hurry up and comment here or something. I've been waiting all day, you bunch of slowpokes.
Old 2009-10-18, 21:27   Link #1289
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Hmm... *sigh*. I'm completely amazed by how good this episode was. I knew what was coming and I still kept shedding tears during the last half of the episode I'm just a crybaby but IMHO this episode yet again tops the previous ones. Or at least stands side to side with ep 1,16 and 24.
Ichiyo's response to Aoba's question struck its target with clinical precision. I find myself falling hard for Ichiyo. Curse you, Azuma Junpei, for getting to her first.

And the end of the episode... just so. spot. on.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 21:42   Link #1290
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Another very nice episode as usual.

Now that Azuma's Koshien goal is no longer there (Assuming because he sees that his brother is happy), what is he searching for?

I am quite confused by the end of this episode...

Spoiler:
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:02   Link #1291
Proto

Azuma saw what? I only saw him looking back since Kou did.
Old 2009-10-18, 22:02   Link #1292
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Now that Azuma's Koshien goal is no longer there (Assuming because he sees that his brother is happy), what is he searching for?
Considering how far Yuhei has come along now, the Koshien goal is now for himself.

Quote:

Spoiler:
There's nothing to be confused about

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-18, 22:06   Link #1293
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Pretty much my reaction throughout the entire episode.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 22:25   Link #1294
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Spoiler for Next Time Cross Game episode 30:

oh noes...
Old 2009-10-18, 23:24   Link #1295
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:

Spoiler:
I think there are two things that caused Azuma to chill out.

1: His brother is happy.

2: He looks at Kou's reason for getting into Koshien and has decided that there really is someone with an even bigger burden out there besides him. (And the way Kou carries it without showing it helped him too).

PS: My take on the spoiler: I knew it was coming (I got spoiled in this thread by some careless people). Normally I'd be worried that things are about to go downhill, but Cross Game has been so solid that I trust the author, and I'm interested to see how he handles this.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:45   Link #1296
Theowne
耳をすませば

Musical score here was good.

Re: ending. I can see many paths this could take, and 95% of them are not good. But I'm going to trust Adachi on this one. I don't think he'd let the story crash.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-18, 23:58   Link #1297
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Aoba sure does have a lot of faith in Kou, whether she realizes it or not. Really, 10-20 innings?

I don't know why but Ryuuou's replacement pitcher looks a like a pretty smug bastard. I guess he eas expecting Kou to slow down given the rather hit from Mishima he had to catch almost head on. Too bad Kou doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

But even then, of course... they still lost. For that climactic middle that Kou missed the catch, I would guess that failure would affect him deeply. They have another year to do it, at least for them since they're second years, but given the way Kou looked unresponsive as Azuma looked at him, it seems as I said he was more affected than it looked. Of course he would be, he lost his chance at Koshien, and lost a chance to fulfill a lost friend's dream. Ichiyo's suggestion to Aoba felt prophetic of things to come. At least we know that the senior's don't blame him for anything, he did get them this far. That fact of the matter is, the one thing that has always bugged me about Kou is that he always hides his fears and pains under the guise of eternal cheeriness and optimism, even making jokes at Aoba and the team taking it out on him.

All this, or course, leads to what I think is the best scene of the episode: Despite everything, Aoba smiles at him in the bus. It has too many far-reaching and potentially varying implications and interpretations as to why she smiled despite their loss, but suffice to say that this is a major turning point in their relationship.

It's actually kinda funny that Azuma's still living with Kou's family. BBF for life!

You can tell from a mile away that Ryuuou's going to win Koshien, and personally it won't do this series justice if it's not going to be a face-off between both schools in their 3rd year.

Having not read the manga... I interpret the ending of this episode as simply a Wakaba-lookalike. I may be wrong, but I think it may be naturally for Azuma not to be surprised because he doesn't actually even know her unlike the rest of the cast. Plus, Ichiyo has already hinted to Aoba that she may be "seeing" Wakaba in high school, so it's she already knows that someone who resembles her might be there, and in fact Ichiyo probably already knows that it's going to affect both of them dearly.

Long story short, I pray to Jesus this doesn't go a TM8 on me, or cities will burn.

Episode 29 looks like it's going to be something of an episode 1 retrospection. Goddamn this will be painful.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-10-19 at 00:11.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 01:09   Link #1298
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Aoba sure does have a lot of faith in Kou, whether she realizes it or not. Really, 10-20 innings?
Because she sees the effort that he puts in day-in day-out as well as seeing the true him to start having faith in him when it comes to baseball.

Quote:
All this, or course, leads to what I think is the best scene of the episode: Despite everything, Aoba smiles at him in the bus. It has too many far-reaching and potentially varying implications and interpretations as to why she smiled despite their loss, but suffice to say that this is a major turning point in their relationship.
Rewind a bit back and recall what Ichiyo told Aoba - to put on a smile for Kou after she goes to have a good cry and washes her face thereafter. Ichiyo saw through how hurt Aoba was for Kou, despite his great effort for the Seishu team who were knocked out by Ryuou. That's why she smiled for him even though she felt sorry for the team and for him as well.

Aoba has gone past the stage of thoroughly disliking him. Behind the facade of open dislike and taunting of Kou, she is now having a better understanding of what Wakaba saw in Kou and does like him.

Quote:
Having not read the manga... I interpret the ending of this episode as simply a Wakaba-lookalike. I may be wrong, but I think it may be naturally for Azuma not to be surprised because he doesn't actually even know her unlike the rest of the cast. Plus, Ichiyo has already hinted to Aoba that she may be "seeing" Wakaba in high school, so it's she already knows that someone who resembles her might be there, and in fact Ichiyo probably already knows that it's going to affect both of them dearly.

Long story short, I pray to Jesus this doesn't go a TM8 on me, or cities will burn.

Episode 29 looks like it's going to be something of an episode 1 retrospection. Goddamn this will be painful.
Episode 30 should answer a number of questions posed by the ending of this recent episode, i.e. Epsiode 29. Personally, I'm very much looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2009-10-19, 01:10   Link #1299
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

This is THE moment I've been waiting for. First Kou mentions Aoba acts like Wakaba, and even Ichiyo mentions that if Aoba looked at herself in the mirror, she'd see Wakaba in her first year of high school.

But then, of all people, Wakaba comes back from the dead. Can't wait till the next episode where drama ensues lol. ^_^
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-19, 02:32   Link #1300
Eclipze

Spoiler for ep 30 preview:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports