AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 93 44.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 11.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 3.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-27, 18:07   Link #81
Dop
Mmmm....

It's been an enjoyable series, and I hope Lawrence and Horo return for more spicy adventures in the not too distant future.

I loved the part as Nora arrives, when Lawrence sees Horo's tail wagging under her robe, and then the camera switches view so you see her evil grin and hand poised ready to scratch if he calls out the wrong name. That was brilliant.
Old 2008-03-27, 18:08   Link #82
vio5555

Honestly, I can't think of a couple in an anime series whose interactions are as natural and feature a similar level of banter than HoroxLawrence. It's pretty impressive how well they match up and just how well they complement each other, moreso in dialogue than perhaps any other couple that I've seen in years in an anime.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:31   Link #83
ApostleOfGod
^.^

When Horo mentioned about her decision to settle things "the mature way" with the youngsters, just what did she exactly do? I have a slight idea but I'm really not sure and I'm certainly not hoping it's right

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:32   Link #84
Matt122005

It looks like the show is not ending after all, there is a movie coming!

There is rumors and speculation about it, you can read what fans have gathered and or are guessing regarding it at: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Wolf_and_Spice/

I am happy! MORE SPICE AND WOLF! WOOT!

-Matt
Old 2008-03-27, 19:33   Link #85
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
When Horo mentioned about her decision to settle things "the mature way" with the youngsters, just what did she exactly do? I have a slight idea but I'm really not sure and I'm certainly not hoping it's right
Not sex. That wouldn't fit the story very well. :l
Old 2008-03-27, 19:35   Link #86
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
It looks like the show is not ending after all, there is a movie coming!

There is rumors and speculation about it, you can read what fans have gathered and or are guessing regarding it at: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Wolf_and_Spice/

I am happy! MORE SPICE AND WOLF! WOOT!

-Matt
No, I will not sign up on some random InvisionFree forum to read about some movie rumor.
Old 2008-03-27, 19:40   Link #87
Kushi

WOW! Though still nothing happened between horo and lawrence >_>

I was hoping for a kiss of some sort but the teasing was really cute :P

Anyways what did they mean by settling it by a "mature" way? o_o

And well can't believe it's over, totally hoping for a next season!
Old 2008-03-27, 19:45   Link #88
Matt122005

There's nothing to get excited by; Japanese websites that have a "Movie" button are almost never referring to an actual theatrical release. They are usually just links to short clips from the TV series. A real theatrical release will have much more fanfare, and will be reported on in places like Moonphase.

- 4Tran

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-03-28 at 01:16. Reason: There's no official confirmation for a movie.
Old 2008-03-27, 20:04   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Not a rumor, IT IS OFFICIAL. Check the website www.spicy-wolf.com, they havea section titled MOVIE, and it says COMING SOON.

No rumor, there IS a movie coming. So excited.

-Matt
Iee... Hate to burst your bubble, but the only problem is that I've seen these websites before... and "movie" doesn't tend to mean "a movie coming soon", but just "video clips (of the show/OP/ED)".
Besides, the "movie" button on the website was there since forever with "coming soon", if my memories are correct. And yet it isn't strange that there has been no official announcements?

So it's just a rumor. Though it'd be nice if there was one... But there isn't any proof.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-27, 20:06   Link #90
DanielSong39

To those who complain about the lack of a kiss, Lawrence attempted one early in the series and Horo pulled away. I understand the impatience, but let's not blame Lawrence for this.
Old 2008-03-27, 20:07   Link #91
Matt122005

I dont think so, I think they are going to have the movie be about the third novel. Since it doesn't have a serious plot like the first two novels that the series was based off. Then they can start the second series at vol. 4.

-Matt
Old 2008-03-27, 20:14   Link #92
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

"Wow" is right.

Wow... what a dreadfully anticlimactic episode. I've been trying to get into this series... came close a few times... but it just seemed like it could have been more than it was. Having to ignore the poor animation quality to attempt some enjoyment out of it didn't help.

I wonder how popular this would be if Horo didn't have animal ears and tail. I'm glad so many enjoyed it, but I can't get on that band wagon. Horo is a cool character... charming, intriguing, sly, funny. And the merchant adventure was a nice twist for a storyline, so I don't consider having watched it a waste of time. But it just didn't deliver that well for me on the whole.

Anyhow, in my interest in trying to get what I can out of it... what am I missing here?

Horo: I just wanted to hasten our plans, so that you and I could return to traveling without cares. That's why I didn't fight with those arrogant youngsters, and settled it by mature means.
Lawrence: Don't tell me... right before them..., you...
Horo: Don't say it! That's fine, it was something that I decided on.

What exactly was "settled" with the arrogant youngsters?
And, what was it that Horo did that she didn't want Lawrence to say?
Old 2008-03-27, 20:19   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I dont think so, I think they are going to have the movie be about the third novel. Since it doesn't have a serious plot like the first two novels that the series was based off. Then they can start the second series at vol. 4.

-Matt
Mah, hope for the best. It's nice to be positive, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Anyhow, in my interest in trying to get what I can out of it... what am I missing here?

Horo: I just wanted to hasten our plans, so that you and I could return to traveling without cares. That's why I didn't fight with those arrogant youngsters, and settled it by mature means.
Lawrence: Don't tell me... right before them..., you...
Horo: Don't say it! That's fine, it was something that I decided on.

What exactly was "settled" with the arrogant youngsters?
And, what was it that Horo did that she didn't want Lawrence to say?
Horo got to her knees (Lawrence saw the stain, realizing what she did), and nicely solved the problem peacefully instead of fighting and wasting time. Instead of fighting, she chose to plead/something of that nature.
She didn't want him to say that because, well, it must have hurt her pride to get down on her knees for that foolish youngster.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-27, 20:36   Link #94
Ninjamasta

I give this episode a 10 out of 10. Its so nice how they ended this series.

Quote:
Not a rumor, IT IS OFFICIAL. Check the website www.spicy-wolf.com, they havea section titled MOVIE, and it says COMING SOON.

-Matt
Did I see a dvd is going to be release on April 2nd? I might wanna buy this to support the show, just because it has been an awsome seasson. Can someone tell me how many episode on 1 dvd? I can't read Japanese.

All I could make out is that the series will be in 6 dvd volume with 3,2,2,2,2,2 episode each. Dates are as follows vol. 1 on 4/2/08, vol. 2 on 4/25/08, vol. 3 5/30/08, vol. 4 6/27/08, vol. 5 7/25/08, vol. 6 8/29/08.

My guess is that we are not going to see seasson 2 after the final dvd has been released. I would say...spring 09 would be a possible seasson 2.

Last edited by Ninjamasta; 2008-03-27 at 20:48.
Old 2008-03-27, 20:39   Link #95
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjamasta View Post
Did I see a dvd is going to be release on April 2nd? I might wanna buy this to support the show, just because it has been an awsome seasson. Can someone tell me how many episode on 1 dvd? I can't read Japanese.
3 episodes on DVD 1.
2 episodes on DVDs 2-6.

Old 2008-03-27, 21:32   Link #96
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Horo got to her knees (Lawrence saw the stain, realizing what she did), and nicely solved the problem peacefully instead of fighting and wasting time. Instead of fighting, she chose to plead/something of that nature.
She didn't want him to say that because, well, it must have hurt her pride to get down on her knees for that foolish youngster.
Ok. Thanks. It was a dark scene and I missed those vague visual clues.
Old 2008-03-27, 21:35   Link #97
BigGimp77

I wouldn't wanna see a whole novel crammed into a 90 minute movie. The plot felt rushed with 2 hours per novel(6 episodes x 20 minutes each). I wouldn't want them to compromise anything.
Old 2008-03-27, 22:03   Link #98
Tri-ring

Quote:
Spoiler for Spice and Wolf - 3rd novel:

-Matt
If any that is the most interesting part about this series, interaction between Horo and Lawrence where there is an intricate balance between the two always seemingly to tip to one side but always swinging back.

It's not about mystical hocus-pocus, nor is it about fighting, those are minor stage props to make the story more dramatic. It's about human courtship both economical and romantic.
If I were to make the story more interesting I would reveal what they are thinking to themselves when they are interacting. That is probably one of the down side of this series making it seem alittle blant for some. (It does give off hints like Horo wagging her tail but I sometime think they can do better)

Last edited by 4Tran; 2008-03-28 at 01:27. Reason: Added spoiler tags.
Old 2008-03-27, 23:02   Link #99
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:

-Matt
Then why post a link to some InvisionFree forum? :l
Old 2008-03-27, 23:13   Link #100
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
If I were to make the story more interesting I would reveal what they are thinking to themselves when they are interacting. That is probably one of the down side of this series making it seem alittle blant for some. (It does give off hints like Horo wagging her tail but I sometime think they can do better)
I think you may have hit on part of what's bugging me about the series. It lacks something that keeps it from being truly engaging for me, and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's not bad, I just wasn't quite able to connect with it very well.
Closed Thread