AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 26 [Extra 2] Rating
Perfect 10 41 58.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 24.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 10.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-03, 09:25   Link #81
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

NOOO! it ended! T~T at least there'll be a movie. K-ON! FOREVER!
Old 2010-10-03, 09:39   Link #82
Rhythm

Hmm...so technically if I never watch this episode. K-On! never ends for me!!!
Old 2010-10-03, 10:13   Link #83
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythm View Post
Hmm...so technically if I never watch this episode. K-On! never ends for me!!!
It does, only one episode earlier.
Old 2010-10-03, 10:30   Link #84
Rhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
It does, only one episode earlier.
*Sniff*
Old 2010-10-03, 10:42   Link #85
OkamiNoKaze

This episode was really funny, but was over all too quick, felt like mere minutes, Yui's imagination is hilarious, so is Mugi's, Also liked the scene with Mio trying to get Ritsu to look at the book. Awesome a K-On movie will be excellent, It'll be Spinal tap, with Cute Girls,
Old 2010-10-03, 19:39   Link #86
superslinger2007

Quote:
The ending was a teaser : I bet the fans are waiting to see Mio's skirt fly up.
Putting aside the fact that, as mentioned, they referenced season 1's Blu-Ray covers... Come to think of it, that really puts all reasoning offside for why Mio chose to not jump ended up not jumping. I can't say I liked the retconned reason for her tempting fate.

Quote:
"I've yet to fail once, so don't worry about me."
You just had to say it.

Last edited by superslinger2007; 2010-10-03 at 19:43. Reason: Yes. Tropes abound.
Old 2010-10-05, 13:34   Link #87
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Eh? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Japan? A K-On movie? What could one possibly make a K-On movie about?

I'll wait for the first trailers to come out to make a more-informed decision on how to feel about this, but . . . at first blush, this has "bad idea" written all over it.
I'm leaning towards the "Bad Idea" as well. Too often movies are simply rehashes of the series material. Unless they animate a good deal more of the music and keep far less of the "daily life mundane" ... I'm simply not going to be terribly interested. It is worrisome that at least one of the VAs was unaware of the green light - which implies they may be re-using recorded dialog.

I have little hope that they will carry forward from the end of the series into either the new club or the university setting

As far as the episode itself went, I quite enjoyed it -- particularly when we got the continuity of DeathDevils/HTT/'newband' visualized. In some ways it is a bit sad as it reinforces the "have fun now but life will settle into the usual channels for all of you" that can stifle young Japanese dreams.
Old 2010-10-06, 06:43   Link #88
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up With subs.

Sadly I finished this with subs just now. After over 1 week it felt kind of good to space it out....I laughed so much again. I don't think there is any series this season who might even achieve any of the laugher K-ON ever did as a whole.

The joy with the happiness of the music is amazing. So I say this.........
On to the Movie when it comes around
and
You got that one right Sawako!

Also if only it was true as part of Sawako's plans and it got shown before the graduation of the girls=>
Spoiler:
Old 2010-10-06, 08:28   Link #89
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Got to love all the naysayers in this thread... aw well. As for me, I will take my perpetually neutral position and a wait and see approach. No use worrying over yet-to-be-spilled-or-not-quantum-milk.
Old 2010-10-06, 12:24   Link #90
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on K-ON!!

The last broadcast episode for K-ON!! ever! We find that the girls are killing time at school, even though the school year has been over for the seniors for quite some time now. Quickly, we discover why. Offdensen Nodoka told them that the yearbook samples were being delivered to the school.

Especially interested in seeing how the pictures turned out is Yui. As we all recall from the yearbook photo episode, Yui failed a sneeze-check while cutting her hair. When Yui sees her class photo, it's as bad as she fears. She exclaims that in a hundred years, she wants people to remember her for sitting and petting a cat while her minions viciously oppress all who dared blaspheme against the High Priestess of Haruhiism ('cuz nobody expects the Spanish SOS Inquisition) . . . not for her childishly cute haircut in her high school senior picture. The rest of her bandmates decry Nodoka for being an emotionless robot.

We learn that Subway Molester Man Sawako is supposed to look over the pictures, but she isn't at school. Ritsu and axe murderess Mugi take an opportunity to play a particularly nasty practical joke on Azusa, by convincing her that something terrible happened to her. However, it's only the flu. Yui then hatches a scheme to save her high school legacy, by strong-arming her sick, vulnerable, teacher into having Yui's photo for the yearbook retaken; thus putting the "evil" into evil genius. Her bandmates, having nothing better to do, decide to volunteer to take the yearbook to Sawako.

Before they leave, Azusa starts to ask if they'll be at the spring concert; but the bell rings and she realizes she's thirty seconds away from being late to class.

Without Azusa there, the job of "Only Sane Man" falls back to Mio. Only, if we've learned anything in this show, it's that she's lousy at it. She suggests they ought to respect Sawako's privacy because, y'know, she might be getting it on with her boyfriend, or something. The rest remind her that K-ON!! is a pink bishojou ghetto, nobody on this show is heterosexual in any meaningful way. Except Mugi. Mugi wants to see if what she's learned about the mating habits of regular ol' jack-offs is true.

On their way to Sawako's apartment Yui explains how, in the future, she's going to hire Sawako to be her dungeon mistress. She also directs them to collect little paper bags of doggie dung. They set one on fire and set it out in front of Sawako's apartment. Only the prank backfires because not only is it the wrong apartment, but nobody is home.

Afterwards, they show Sawako the yearbook. She announces that Yui's picture is not only adorable, but it captures her so perfectly. Yui volunteers to make dinner . . . Sawako will pay . . . oh yes she will . . . Before that, though, they discover that the Thing from the Addams Family made an unexpected appearance in the class photo. After some Lightning-Fast Yearbook Jutsu by Mio, we learn that it was actually Ritsu. And thus a joke set up all the way back in the early mists of prehistory part of the season comes to fruit.

Sawako's old band comes by to visit her, looking like respectable grown-up women. Deciding that Sawako's apartment would be a bit crowded for nine of them, and upon realizing just how much Dulcolax Yui put into dinner, the girls decide to go back to the school to check on Azusa.

Once they arrive, Yui lights the next bag of doggie-doo on fire and sets it in front of the club door. Only Azusa opens the door before they can knock. The girls flee in terror, Azusa curses "those damned kids!" and then plays "Fuwa Fuwa Time" with her new bandmates. And thus, episode 26 (and season two) comes to an end.

The Good:
- Cute flashbacks.
- Continuity of the light music club of the Stone Age, the light music club of the Moe Age, and the light music club of THE FUTURE!!!111
- Lots of cute hijinks throughout .

The Bad:
- The next episode won't be until the DVD/BluRay only OVA.
- There's a movie, but who knows when that will be out.

Eight unbearably cute yearbook photos of Yui out of ten.
Old 2010-10-06, 22:30   Link #91
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Liked how the final run out of school actually reflected the girls character and/or provided an continuity, in which I actually learned new things about the characters that I previously didn't notice, if you treat this running out of the school as a race:

- Watching Yui running past the stairs while everyone else continued down the stairs -> Whenever the four girls do something, Yui always screws up first. Whether its losing her voice before a concert, forgetting the lyrics before a performance, catching a cold and forgetting her guitar, falling on her bum before the curtain rises. In fact the very first scene of the first season shows Yui screwing up in getting to school.

- Mio always screws up last; tripping over in the first concert, falling over at the last second in the marathon, leading the run out of the school until the end where she fumbled with her mobile phone. The very last scene of the second season ends with Mio screwing up the jumping DVD cover.

- We know Mugi has great strength(shown by her taking over Mio for the lead at the beginning), but what people tend to forget is that she has poor stamina(shown first explicitly during the marathon, and during the run as she runs out of energy near the end).

- Ritsu was doing consistently throughout the run until Mio screwed up and she had to slow down for her.

- Lastly, Yui may always screw up first, but she pretty much always finish without screwing up, as shown in this race, in the marathon, the fuwa-fuwa time, the concert in episode 20. In episode 3 of the first season her test results went from having to repeat the test to 100. Similarly in episode 9 of the second season her work literally turned from a doodle of Azunyan to very high test scores. Azusa notes that her standard when playing guitar is very low during practice, but shoots up very high during performances.

GMT may be correct when he says that Yui is evil...when near the end of the race when Yui took over everyone she looked at the viewers, as if to say "see, told you I'd win."
Old 2010-10-06, 22:37   Link #92
aldw

I'd like to see Ui on rhythm guitar, makes singing easier than the organ anyhow...
Old 2010-10-07, 13:07   Link #93
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I just KNEW sooner or later Jun would see the light and join Afterschool Tea Time. And do you think Ui-chan will "inherit" Geetah from Yui-chan?

And just when I thought there were no more manly tears to shed, in comes the final Fuwa Fuwa Time played to a glorious golden sunset.... of both the last day of school and childhood.

Fire or water, Yui-chan, I'll fly to Japan to see your Cinematic Debut when it comes out next year, my Darling Wife!!
Old 2010-10-07, 14:34   Link #94
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I just KNEW sooner or later Jun would see the light and join Afterschool Tea Time.
To be precise; she joined the Light Music Club. Afterschool Tea Time left the school.

Quote:
And do you think Ui-chan will "inherit" Geetah from Yui-chan?
No, because Yui will still need it. Plus, Ui's instrument of choice is the keyboard.
Old 2010-10-07, 21:51   Link #95
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
To be precise; she joined the Light Music Club. Afterschool Tea Time left the school.
It will only truly cease to be Afterschool Tea Time when Azunyan goes to join her big-sisters in uiversity. Remember, she is ALSO a Teatime member.

Quote:
No, because Yui will still need it.
Well, in Yui-chan's case, Geetah will always be a "he."
Old 2010-10-08, 09:46   Link #96
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
It will only truly cease to be Afterschool Tea Time when Azunyan goes to join her big-sisters in uiversity. Remember, she is ALSO a Teatime member.
I think your logic is off. Remember now, the Light Music Club =/= Ho-kago Tea Time. The club and the band is not the same thing. Four fifths of the band have left the club, but they are still a band. Azusa is a member of both, yes, but that doesn't mean everyone she accepts into the club will also become a member of the band which now exists outside of school. Azusa, Jun, Ui and whatever drummer girl they may end up recruiting are a different band. Besides - it's not like they fit the "wasting time drinking tea" profile the band name indicates, anyway.
Old 2010-10-08, 11:44   Link #97
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Talking

Quote:
I think your logic is off. Remember now, the Light Music Club =/= Ho-kago Tea Time. The club and the band is not the same thing. Four fifths of the band have left the club, but they are still a band. Azusa is a member of both, yes, but that doesn't mean everyone she accepts into the club will also become a member of the band which now exists outside of school. Azusa, Jun, Ui and whatever drummer girl they may end up recruiting are a different band. Besides - it's not like they fit the "wasting time drinking tea" profile the band name indicates, anyway.
Yes, with Azusa running the club, I wonder if the teatime aspect will drop off, or has she been scarred and altered for life...?
Old 2010-10-08, 11:46   Link #98
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Azusa is scarred for life. Ui wants to be helpful like Mugi. Jun wants to have all those things Azusa's been talking about the last two years.

Plus Sawako is still the advisor.
Old 2010-10-08, 12:51   Link #99
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Azusa is scarred for life. Ui wants to be helpful like Mugi. Jun wants to have all those things Azusa's been talking about the last two years.

Plus Sawako is still the advisor.
Exactly! I just didn't want to say it.

Azusa's doomed!
Old 2010-10-08, 13:01   Link #100
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
Yes, with Azusa running the club, I wonder if the teatime aspect will drop off, or has she been scarred and altered for life...?
From what little we can see of the new keion-bu, its work-ethic already seems to far-exceed that of Houkago Tea-Time's. Yeah, Azusa is scarred for life, but she likes practicing, as does Jun and Ui.

Of course, there will probably be some tea-time for Captain Nakano and the Red-Shirt Band since Ui is going to have to do something with all those domestic urges that Evil Yui trained into her as a small child. Though there will also be a lot of going to McDonalds W Burger and sleep-overs and the like.