AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-04-26, 03:44   Link #921
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Something seems off about Kuroyukihime. I get the feeling that she's merely using and manipulating him for her own objectives.
she said that, and haru didnt minded that.
Old 2012-04-26, 04:52   Link #922
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

More like she admited that she needed him for a certain purpose, but complete manipulation isn't yet proved as of now.
Old 2012-04-26, 05:43   Link #923
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"Taku has a meter long cable" Ok, my mind is in the gutter again.

Anyhow, Kuroyukihime definitely has her own ambitions planned but we'll really have to see what's up here. And Chiyuri turned out to be more interesting than expected to give us more insight onto what's going on being the other person in Haru's life. I'm guessing Haru's gonna open up something critical in which Kuroyukihime will use him for very soon.

Also, anime steam, we meet again. >.> Fun episode overall.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-26, 16:01   Link #924
alarmadadna hadi

Will the show treat the virtual burst world as a positive influence or negative one? The idea that the weak will lose their acceleration privileges reflects a hierarchy slightly reminiscent of the social order that hurts Haru. Furthermore, the way Snow Black describes the burst linkers need to accelerate more and more was a little unsettling.

Then again, despite their avatars being created out of inferiority complexes, maybe it will be used as positive mechanism to solve conflicts and develop the users self image.

I kinda hope it does not go down that path traveled by many shounen-like stories where the solution to all dilemmas is power-ups and beating the heck out of your enemies, so far it provided a surprisingly more mature setting.

Also, that "link" scene between those two childhood friends was cute, sweet and sensual, the development of their dialogue into intense emotion coupled with the way it builds on and clarifies previously learned tid bits of the three's relationship was solidly written.

Accel World's PV gave me a generic "bleh" reaction, but I found this show to be the biggest surprise of the season for me. Yay.
Old 2012-04-26, 16:08   Link #925
Miraluka
Banned

Guys, I really can't keep track of this talk @_@. Need to re-read the past 2 pages.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 01:35   Link #926
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
"Taku has a meter long cable" Ok, my mind is in the gutter again.
It's ok dude. When Chiyu was lying on her bed with her arms spread out it will like as she was going "Hurry up and let's get this over and done with"
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 02:02   Link #927
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
she said that, and haru didnt minded that.
Yes, I meant that her description of the kings seems somewhat lacking, as though she's hiding something even more sinister from him.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 04:16   Link #928
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Yes, I meant that her description of the kings seems somewhat lacking, as though she's hiding something even more sinister from him.
i just know about the anime, but so far it seems kuroyuki its very sincere with haru, he is just so eager to help that he dont even mind/ask about the details, after all she trusted him with the secret of her identity.
Old 2012-04-27, 05:54   Link #929
Undertaker

Quote:
Keep in mind the original 7 kings, while rivals were suppose to be friends as well, and don't forget about their age. They are all at most 13 years old at time when Black Lotus ambushed the Red King.
Old 2012-04-27, 08:22   Link #930
tsunade666

even though they are friends. They only knew each other in the game because it's absolute taboo to interfere in RL which is the truth in MMORPG or any online works.
Old 2012-04-27, 14:03   Link #931
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Spoiler for ep 4:

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 14:33   Link #932
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2012-04-27, 16:21   Link #933
Miraluka
Banned

I didn't find him sarcastic but playing the denial on KYH.

And it was sad because she felt as if he was making fun of her.

Shit happens.
Spoiler for image:

Oh, Haru's "to the hell with the world" face had something that made decide to keep going on with the series.

Evil Taku appears...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 18:18   Link #934
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Spoiler for ep 4:
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2012-04-27, 18:26   Link #935
Darth SpiderDen
Sekiryuutei

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2012-04-27, 19:14   Link #936
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i dont know how are japanese dramas, but i find amusing how this show has some touches of sopa opera in it, still im finding this one as one of the top 3 animes this season,but hell i hate to wait a week for a conclusion to such cliffhanger!
Old 2012-04-27, 20:28   Link #937
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Spoiler for Episode 4:
While your explanation on KYH makes sense, I do not feel the same for haru. He did not even SOUND frantic, merely saying his lines quickly while his facial expression is pretty much calm as though, "life goes on, nothing is important is happening as of this moment." compared to when he was yelling in the manga about why KYH still wants to put up with him because of his self value that he is a disposable pawn.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 20:50   Link #938
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Remarkably good cyberpunk. The story would make more sense if the main characters were older but it works.

Basically...people have been jacking their brains into the internet using bionic implants .

In vitro or infant neural implants were introduced 15 years before the story begin. This means that babies implanted with these cybernetics grew up with them and adapted to them better than people who were enhanced as adults. Now teens, they can kick their brains into hyperdrive and unlock dormant parts of their brains and accelerate their nervous systems to cheat in everyday life but there are strings attached to this power, as they are forced to play a game of survival to maintain these powers.

These people experience time differently when they jack into the internet and the "accelerated net"

KYH's attraction to Haru seems natural when you take into account that most people who share the most in common with her hate her guts and want to kill her. Haru is a nice, sensitive, lonely guy who can think at her level and doesn't want to kill her. Duh... of course she'd be into him.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:04   Link #939
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
KYH's attraction to Haru seems natural when you take into account that most people who share the most in common with her hate her guts and want to kill her. Haru is a nice, sensitive, lonely guy who can think at her level and doesn't want to kill her. Duh... of course she'd be into him.
It's hard for me to take Kuro's attraction to Haru seriously because we never actually see her going through any of this stuff that happened to her. It's just told to us really quickly, yet really slowly at the same time.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-27, 22:33   Link #940
mochichan

Quote:
It could just be the creator way of not exposing everything at the same time.
But she could be hiding things just to wait till he's more mentally and physically prepare.

Anyway I honestly think Kurohime really do care about Haru. I mean if you're intending to use someone, you wouldn't take a car head on for them because you can always try to find another pawn.

Spoiler for ep 4:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen