AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 09:45   Link #721
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for questions
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoiler for Answers:
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 23:08   Link #722
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
1. I still can't believe that's the reason why both of them were still alive. I mean, did the show say anything other than that? or is that it? It feels like they only survived because they were main characters
I always took it that they survived because they, together, beat the game. If you die as part of the final act of a story, you still "win" even if it's "Game Over". In the end, we never see how quickly someone dies in the real world after they "die" in the game. Their death in the game is not actually what kills them, after all.
Old 2013-01-02, 23:24   Link #723
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My guess was that it was her "reward" for transcending the rules of the world, same as Kirito when he defeated Heathcliff.
Old 2013-01-07, 11:00   Link #724
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I always took it that they survived because they, together, beat the game. If you die as part of the final act of a story, you still "win" even if it's "Game Over". In the end, we never see how quickly someone dies in the real world after they "die" in the game. Their death in the game is not actually what kills them, after all.
Well, given that the revive item only works within a 10 second mark, I'd say it's safe to say that after 10 seconds, the signal to kill is sent...

But even then, that would mean only Kirito would have survived, seeing as after Asuna "died", Kirito had moped for some time... The only possibilities would be that Heathcliff decided to temporarily preserve her, probably either because he promised Kirito that if he died, to make sure she wouldn't die, or because he was interested in how she broke the paralysis..
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 16:00   Link #725
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Well, given that the revive item only works within a 10 second mark, I'd say it's safe to say that after 10 seconds, the signal to kill is sent...
It's possible. It's also possible that this is just some sort of arbitrary limit that was set by the game programmers with absolutely no regard for the "kill signal" (since most of the programming team had no idea what Kayaba was going to do). They may have just thought revival potions should be used quickly from a game balance perspective. (We at least know that the signal can be sent no sooner than what that revival item allowed.)

In the end, I do think there are a good number of possible explanations, but we're stuck without an official answer (so I guess that takes it out of the scope of this thread, technically speaking).
Old 2013-01-07, 16:51   Link #726
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In the end, I do think there are a good number of possible explanations, but we're stuck without an official answer (so I guess that takes it out of the scope of this thread, technically speaking).
True enough... The only thing that is known for certain is that when the HP bar reaches 0, there is ample time before the kill signal is sent (No sooner than 10 seconds)

Therefore a number of possible reasons could explain their survival. (Though, one could just explain it as "plot armor" and say the entire period of time from Asuna's HP depleting, to Heathcliff's HP reaching 0 was only 10 seconds/however long the kill signal takes to be sent, even though in the anime that scene took a couple minutes.. lol... )

Plot Armor > All...
Old 2013-01-11, 22:00   Link #727
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

The simplest thing is that the Cardinal System holds something that's similar to Accel World's Incarnate System: transcending the boundaries of the system by the force of one's will.

Note that earlier, when Asuna ran to save Kirito, she was running at a speed of 60km/h (my calc), which Kirito notes in the LNs to be flat-out impossible, as it exceeds the system parameters.

Also, by pure will, she managed to stand up and tank Heathcliff's blow, despite being under the Paralysis status effect.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 11:06   Link #728
xland44
Otaku

Wait, it's still airing? I thought it ended after Alfheim Online.
xland44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 11:09   Link #729
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by xland44 View Post
Wait, it's still airing? I thought it ended after Alfheim Online.
It isn't airing anymore, but there are more light novel volumes which could be adapted in to a second season.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 12:18   Link #730
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The simplest thing is that the Cardinal System holds something that's similar to Accel World's Incarnate System: transcending the boundaries of the system by the force of one's will.

Note that earlier, when Asuna ran to save Kirito, she was running at a speed of 60km/h (my calc), which Kirito notes in the LNs to be flat-out impossible, as it exceeds the system parameters.

Also, by pure will, she managed to stand up and tank Heathcliff's blow, despite being under the Paralysis status effect.
Err, the Cardinal System isn't the same as Incarnate System. The Cardinal System is like a hands-free monitoring system, that maintains a balance in the world.
We haven't been told what the system that "exceeds system parameters" is called in these instances... I'm guessing it hasn't been named at all by this point in time...
Old 2013-01-17, 05:27   Link #731
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Err, the Cardinal System isn't the same as Incarnate System. The Cardinal System is like a hands-free monitoring system, that maintains a balance in the world.
We haven't been told what the system that "exceeds system parameters" is called in these instances... I'm guessing it hasn't been named at all by this point in time...
You're right; I should have specifically said The Seed, given that there's something in that engine that allows players to exceed the system parameters. What's for sure is that it's something Kayaba wasn't quite expecting.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 01:43   Link #732
ultimatedragonknight

will there be another season of the anime coming soon?
ultimatedragonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-19, 03:11   Link #733
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatedragonknight View Post
will there be another season of the anime coming soon?
It's generally assumptions at this point. Most fans believe so, seeing how well it supposedly sold. It's not unlikely, given that the next arc was better than the last...
I sure hope so. Want to see GGO Kirito, LOL
Old 2013-01-22, 14:02   Link #734
Haiprbim
Banned

Hello.

I have one question.
In the last episode of Sword Art Online at the ending, the girl with Blue-haired character, saying "Come, Kirito, Leafa" is Asuna, right?

Thanks.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 14:03   Link #735
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, that was Asuna. She's playing as an Undine in ALO.
Old 2013-01-22, 14:06   Link #736
Haiprbim
Banned

Yeah, I figured as much.

Well, due to the profit Sword Art Online is giving, do you personally think that the Second Season will be released in the future? That would be the 3rd arc, GGO.

I would really like the ending to be with Kirito and Asuna, not his cousin. :3
Although, that was necessary, since she was sad at the "party".

But to keep on topic, do you think there will be a second season?

I know that it is not confirmed anywhere, but I'm really wondering.

The Anime brought a lot of profit, however, the publisher is A-1 Pictures, they usually do only season 1, unless it is something extremely successful.

Are personal opinion questions allowed?
Old 2013-01-22, 14:22   Link #737
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Q&A threads are mainly meant for factual answers and not personal opinions. That said, there's no confirmation for a second season yet, but sales are good enough that it's entirely possible. There'll probably be an announcement about it.
Old 2013-01-22, 14:24   Link #738
Haiprbim
Banned

I see.
Thanks, if I'll have any questions, I'll come here again.

Have a good day.
Old 2013-02-02, 19:00   Link #739
Knowledgeseeker01
Wishes to Understand

I was wondering about a few things that happened:

I know that the best members of the Army were wiped out on the 25th floor, and it reduced their ability to be clearers. However, does anyone know a specific date when it happened?

I remember that the Knights of the Blood were supposedly formed after that disaster. Does anyone know the specific date when Heathcliff/Kayaba began recruiting for the guild?

According to the timeline, they reached the 50th floor at around January 2024 which was also around the time when the Laughing Coffin guild was formed. The 50th floor is where Kirito lived until he married Asuna right or am I mistakened?
Knowledgeseeker01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-02, 19:32   Link #740
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledgeseeker01 View Post
I was wondering about a few things that happened:

I know that the best members of the Army were wiped out on the 25th floor, and it reduced their ability to be clearers. However, does anyone know a specific date when it happened?
There is no known specific date that has been given, as to when that happened.

Quote:
I remember that the Knights of the Blood were supposedly formed after that disaster. Does anyone know the specific date when Heathcliff/Kayaba began recruiting for the guild?
I believe that he started recruiting as soon as the 25th floor was cleared, as its formation was a direct result of the disaster on the 25th floor boss battle. Exact dates are also not known.
For the two bits of information above, we'll probably have to continue waiting for further releases of the Progressive series...

Quote:
According to the timeline, they reached the 50th floor at around January 2024 which was also around the time when the Laughing Coffin guild was formed. The 50th floor is where Kirito lived until he married Asuna right or am I mistakened?
that is correct, (Though I'm not sure where you heard the thing about Laughing Coffin xD I forgot exactly WHEN it was formed, personally)

Tags
q&a