AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-30, 16:38   Link #1061
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
That's an interesting theory.
I always just assumed Bismarck was simply one more person who couldn't help but fall for Marianne's charm, but now that I think about it, I really wish the staff had lost a few words on what kind of relationship Bismarck had with her and Charles. Their very own Jeremiah, or was it something with much more history than that?
Lots of room for ambitious writers to expand on.

Bismarck could have been Charles' friend. Alternatively, Bismarck and Marianne's friendship (they were at least that, if he dies saying her name) could have predated Marianne becoming Charles' queen. Maybe Bismarck was the third wheel who lost out. Maybe Charles and Marianne (not the kind gentle lady like everyone remembered) were aware and took advantage of Bismarck's loyalty/love for him/her. He might even have gone along willingly.

Maybe Bismarck didn't completely lose out, and since Charles had 108 wives to pay attention to, he--aware that nothing lasting would ever come of it--had a fling or two with Marianne, and if Charles learned about it he probably let it slide because Bismarck is his Enforcer and irreplaceable in that capacity.

I'd stop short of Bismarck turning out to be Lelouch's biological father (although that would help explain why Marianne didn't love her son THAT much, and how Charles was cool with sending Lelouch off to Japan), but the possibilities are endless.
Old 2010-03-30, 16:59   Link #1062
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Lots of room for ambitious writers to expand on.

Bismarck could have been Charles' friend. Alternatively, Bismarck and Marianne's friendship (they were at least that, if he dies saying her name) could have predated Marianne becoming Charles' queen. Maybe Bismarck was the third wheel who lost out. Maybe Charles and Marianne (not the kind gentle lady like everyone remembered) were aware and took advantage of Bismarck's loyalty/love for him/her. He might even have gone along willingly.
Ah, yes, possibilities are a wonderful thing, and those are some very interesting ones. Although I am kind of curious about what the staff thought.

Quote:
I'd stop short of Bismarck turning out to be Lelouch's biological father (although that would help explain why Marianne didn't love her son THAT much, and how Charles was cool with sending Lelouch off to Japan), but the possibilities are endless.
That made me giggle.
Even if I'd have trouble buying that, there's no doubt it's perfect crack!fic material.

Now that I think about it, considering that Charles can't possibly pay enough attention to all of his wives all the time, I wonder how many of Lelouch's and Nunnally's siblings aren't their siblings at all.
...No, brain, stop right there - Clovis is not and never will be in any way related to Gino. Die, random crackplot!bunny, die!
Old 2010-03-30, 17:07   Link #1063
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Now that I think about it, considering that Charles can't possibly pay enough attention to all of his wives all the time, I wonder how many of Lelouch's and Nunnally's siblings aren't their siblings at all.
I think it's perfectly plausible. His harem is composed of attractive women from Noble families and rich upbringing, presumably with a lot of wile and pride; not the type who sit home and let their youth go to waste as soon as they're married. Nor do I think that Charles is the type to care if his concubines (with the exception of Marianne, and maybe a few others) took on lovers or even had bastard children, as long as they were discreet. Don't ask, don't tell.

I might just write a crack-fic where Bismarck (and others) claim to be Lelouch's father. Besides, wouldn't an objective female bystander find Bismarck far more attractive than Charles? Scarred, tanned, finely trimmed facial hair... yeah.
Old 2010-03-30, 17:28   Link #1064
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
I think it's perfectly plausible. His harem is composed of attractive women from Noble families and rich upbringing, presumably with a lot of wile and pride; not the type who sit home and let their youth go to waste as soon as they're married. Nor do I think that Charles is the type to care if his concubines (with the exception of Marianne, and maybe a few others) took on lovers or even had bastard children, as long as they were discreet. Don't ask, don't tell.
*nods* Though I imagine they'd take precautions to make sure their children are indeed legimate heirs to the throne... most of the time.

Quote:
I might just write a crack-fic where Bismarck (and others) claim to be Lelouch's father. Besides, wouldn't an objective female bystander find Bismarck far more attractive than Charles? Scarred, tanned, finely trimmed facial hair... yeah.
I really, really want to read that.
And yeah, I'd indeed say Charles is not exactly the most handsome guy around, no matter how much the Light Novels disagree.
Old 2010-03-30, 17:34   Link #1065
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Bismarck is actually quite handsome, imo. He is an unexplored character just as Marianne is.

Basically, all you get out of him is "Geass to see the future( never explained what kind or how much.) was Marianne's biggest fanboy, KoO...*dies*."

..Charles is handsome? >_o yeah.. maybe in his younger years when he didn't have that ridiculous hairstyle.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:38   Link #1066
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
..Charles is handsome? >_o yeah.. maybe in his younger years when he didn't have that ridiculous hairstyle.
Well, according to one of the Light Novels, he's still quite handsome. xD
I have no idea whether the taste of the author is to blame or if Okouchi told him that, but either way, I nearly fell off my chair. I'll hug V.V. any day if someone ties him up first despite him being anything but sane, but Charles? I'd run like Hell.
Old 2010-03-30, 17:48   Link #1067
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Well, according to one of the Light Novels, he's still quite handsome. xD
I have no idea whether the taste of the author is to blame or if Okouchi told him that, but either way, I nearly fell off my chair. I'll hug V.V. any day if someone ties him up first despite him being anything but sane, but Charles? I'd run like Hell.
Yeah, imagine having sex with a hairy 6 foot 7 bowling pin who weighs 330 pounds.
Old 2010-03-30, 17:49   Link #1068
Betteroffer

Handsome schmandsome, it's all in that voice of his (Wakamoto's). Charles is the Henry Kissinger of Code Geass. The dude could probably talk a woman into orgasm.

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."

And I too would love to see a story with Bismarck claiming to be Lelouch's father. Among other things it makes his lackluster piloting skills all the more hilarious.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:56   Link #1069
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Charles is actually pretty handsome when he was younger...

Spoiler for ":

He was good looking, and tall (like 6'5''+?). The fact that he is never shown smiling when he was younger doesn't help my case, but going by his son's looks he had to be pretty handsome. Clovis, Schneizel, Lelouch and heck even Odysseus are all pretty handsome themselves.

Btw, how come Lelouch was made considerably shorter than his male siblings? Heck he barely even passes Marianne...

Last edited by Revolutionist; 2010-03-31 at 23:42.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 17:57   Link #1070
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Yeah, imagine having sex with a hairy 6 foot 7 bowling pin who weighs 330 pounds.
Are you trying to kill my brain? xD

Quote:
The dude could probably talk a woman into orgasm.
I'd rather see Clovis doing that.
...No, wait, I did not just say that. I just always wanted to write a fic like that. Too bad it would most likely end up on the wrong side of random.

Quote:
"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."
But it's Charles! Charles!
If it was at least Odysseus or... something. *shudders*

Edit:
@Revolutionist:
Why can't I see that picture? *bites her screen*
I wouldn't exactly call Odysseus handsome, but maybe that's because I pictured him with Tianzi once too often. By the way, was Clovis' height ever stated somewhere?
Old 2010-03-30, 17:58   Link #1071
Cal-Reflector

A conversation about Marianne's untapped potential as a character has evolved into a discussion about who is the better looking and better lover: Bismarck or Charles. I love it, and I think it's all related as well.

Aside from looks Bismarck has power too; I don't know how many people outside of the Emperor rank above the Knight of One. Chancellor Schneizel, perhaps.

Actually, check that: Schneizel would be the best lover, wouldn't he? He looks... experienced.
Old 2010-03-30, 18:04   Link #1072
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
A conversation about Marianne's untapped potential as a character has evolved into a discussion about who is the better looking and better lover: Bismarck or Charles. I love it, and I think it's all related as well.
Ah, agreed!

Quote:
Actually, check that: Schneizel would be the best lover, wouldn't he? He looks... experienced.
He certainly looks that way, but since he has "no desires of his own", we'd have to hope the thought of satisfying other people's desires was motivating enough. xD
I'd suggest Clovis (of course I would!), but ultimately, he was probably too busy painting and mourning Lelouch's death. Too bad.
Old 2010-03-30, 18:11   Link #1073
Betteroffer

Quote:
I'd rather see Clovis doing that.
...No, wait, I did not just say that. I just always wanted to write a fic like that. Too bad it would most likely end up on the wrong side of random.
You mean you'd rather hear Clovis doing that?

A family contest between Lelouch, Charles, Schneizel, and Clovis to see who has the sexiest voice perhaps? Personally I prefer the Japanese voices for Lelouch, Charles, and Schneizel, but for Clovis I think I like his english voice actor better.

Lelouch talks to Kallen or Shirley, Charles talks to Marianne or one of his wives, Schneizel talks to Kannon, and Clovis talks to C.C. (Clovis ends up winning though, by eating a pizza, so its on his breath).

Quote:
But it's Charles! Charles!
If it was at least Odysseus or... something. *shudders*
I can't speak too much on looks, but as I said the Henry Kissinger of Code Geass.

Quote:
Aside from looks Bismarck has power too; I don't know how many people outside of the Emperor rank above the Knight of One. Chancellor Schneizel, perhaps.
Fom what I recall, at one point after the failed meeting between Lelouch and Suzaku at the Kururugi Shrine, Kanon was telling the latter that because he was a Rounds, they couldn't punish him.

Suzaku was only the Knight of Seven and even Schneizel couldn't lay a finger on him when the charge was potential treason.
Old 2010-03-30, 18:12   Link #1074
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Ah, agreed!

He certainly looks that way, but since he has "no desires of his own", we'd have to hope the thought of satisfying other people's desires was motivating enough. xD
I'd suggest Clovis (of course I would!), but ultimately, he was probably too busy painting and mourning Lelouch's death. Too bad.
In a fic, I wrote that Clovis is far more experienced at wooing than Schneizel, because Schneizel has never had to chase women, whereas Clovis has written books on the subject.

This arose in the context of Clovis and Schneizel helping Lelouch prepare for a prom.

Re Betteroffer: Thanks for the info. That clarifies things somewhat.
Old 2010-03-30, 18:17   Link #1075
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

What what what?!!!!

Just get Schneizel drunk... Really drunk. Get Bismarck drunk, too. Along with Xing-ke, Clovis (...For nogi.) Lelouch, Guilford, Andreas (I consider Darlton handsome, actually.) and the glaston knights -- and you got one hell of a handsomely drunk harem...! XD

Talking about the Glaston Knights, they are even more untouched then Marianne or Bismarck. You seem them in R1... for incredibly brief moments. While Marianne was explained somewhat through the series (She lived in Aries Villa, commoner by birth. Knight of Honor, was the knight of Six... 'Marianne the Flash' being her nickname.)

Bismarck and Schneizel probably are experienced, but they seem pretty uninterested to eevrything else other then their ideals. Bismarck seemed to have some distaste for battle, as he apparently prefers diplomacy and negotiating over "HA, betteh knightmares BIATCH I PWN U"

There was so many characters unexplored... I would've liked to see Andreas explored more thoroughly... :/

"Guilford.. You always have a stick up your ass."

"Ahh... well I tend to be stiff... Talking about stiff.. You're..." *arrow points downwards*

"Huh, it's that obvious?"

XD atleast that picture drama showed he can kick back and relax... like a perverted old man. Guilford was obviously holding himself back from throwing himself at Cornelia... xD
Old 2010-03-30, 18:21   Link #1076
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
A family contest between Lelouch, Charles, Schneizel, and Clovis to see who has the sexiest voice perhaps? Personally I prefer the Japanese voices for Lelouch, Charles, and Schneizel, but for Clovis I think I like his english voice actor better.
Oh, that would be awesome~
I vote for Clovis' (Japanese) Sound Drama voice. I don't know if I'd call it erotic, but I know I could listen to it all day.

Quote:
Lelouch talks to Kallen or Shirley, Charles talks to Marianne or one of his wives, Schneizel talks to Kannon, and Clovis talks to C.C. (Clovis ends up winning though, by eating a pizza, so its on his breath).
Either that, or C.C. would get revenge for the Code R thing.
An amusing thought, but I don't think I want to see him die a horrible death again. xD

Quote:
In a fic, I wrote that Clovis is far more experienced at wooing than Schneizel, because Schneizel has never had to chase women, whereas Clovis has written books on the subject.

This arose in the context of Clovis and Schneizel helping Lelouch prepare for a prom.
Oh god, I so need to read that fic.
I wrote Clovis as almost-but-not-quite hypersexual once and made him state that his voice indeed sufficed during a not at all serious scene, but that one started out as kink meme request, so... xD
Old 2010-03-31, 23:43   Link #1077
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

sorry about the pic, for some reason it wasn't showing. I put the link now though.
Old 2010-04-02, 10:33   Link #1078
Betteroffer

Megiddo has updated. I am NOT the author.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4994784/..._Geass_Megiddo

In order to defeat his enemies, Lelouch must first unite his allies, and in order to unite his allies, the Black Knights must again make their presence known throughout the world...

Also, KaLulu awesomeness.
Old 2010-04-02, 11:09   Link #1079
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Hazzah! hurrah for Megiddo! and yes, that one a one time only thing Betteroffer, I may have mistaken you for the author for obvious reasons...

Readage~
Old 2010-04-10, 02:08   Link #1080
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Lost Soldiers, Chapter 20

Got some cool plans I wanna do to give the story's an interesting ending.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion