AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-05, 21:09   Link #301
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Which girl did the Yuzuki N' manga focus on? The swimming team one (Aki, right)? Is she in the main cast of the anime or just appears here and there?
Old 2013-05-05, 23:32   Link #302
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Which girl did the Yuzuki N' manga focus on? The swimming team one (Aki, right)? Is she in the main cast of the anime or just appears here and there?
It was Haruka, and that's not really fit for discussion in this thread.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 23:48   Link #303
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It was Haruka, and that's not really fit for discussion in this thread.
Why? Which is the appropriate thread
Old 2013-05-06, 02:08   Link #304
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
I actually wouldn't mind this. Tomoe and Hikari haven't had a lot of screen time and as cute as Rina is, she's one of the more generic characters. Only question is whether they'll go for omnibus format ala Amagami SS, or if they'll go down the harem/no progress route.
From the eps 6 summary above, I think it's going to be omnibus.
Spoiler for Comparison from the game, minor spoiler:

It's a shame if they don't cover Tomoe, Hikari, and Rina story. Tomoe and Hikari is the route where camera/photography is used the best for the story IMO. While Rina.... Well, her interaction with Kazuya is cute >3<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And here I was thinking it would be the same crap thanks to the panty shot right at the start.
I've mentioned this before, but technically this anime never showed any panty shot, as in actual panty/underpants, IIRC (the pin-up/scans from magazine are different matter though ). All the 'panty shot' we've seen so far from the anime are from tennis wear which different matter, albeit just as revealing as the actual underpants.

This is the question I've been having for years, looks like the Japanese girls, at least in the anime, doesn't really bothered to show their bloomer, swimsuit, leotard, or other if it's not their actual underpants. The first time this come in my mind is when I watched Full Metal Panic Fumoffu years ago when the girl, Chidori Kaname, doesn't bothered when she leaps from second floor and the boys thought they saw her underpants but she wears bloomer under her skirt. Or remember Ai nonchalantly showed Junichi her 'black underpants' that turns out a swimsuit'?

The anime stays true with the game which never showed panty shot on the main story mode/event, except when on Free Photo Session Mode where you can freely adjust the girl pose and camera angle. The manga is different matter though, at least the Sweet Snap and Your Eyes Only, where it has many unnecessary panty shot service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Does Haruka really only have anemia? I don't know that much about the condition, but I hadn't heard it causes chest pain, which she seems to have, not to mention that the flashback suggests that that one attack was triggered by some sort of blow to the chest, likely by a ball. I'm fairly certain that an anemic attack can't be triggered by a blow to the chest.
IIRC, she only has anemia, not chest pain. What triggered Kazuya memories is Haruka pose (sitting down while holding her chest), not because she is having chest pain like when he accidentally tackled her chest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
Usually there's something about the main character that is apparent the girls like about him. A personality trait or something physically attractive about him.
Aren't most harem series MCs are plain, dense, unattractive guy (based on the majority perception of their respective world) maybe with one or two special feature, but mostly their kindness to do anything for the girl that makes the girls head over heels to them.

But yeah, even on Momoko route (the teacher), she said that Kazuya's special trait is he doesn't have one until she notices Kazuya carries a camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
I can quickly admit that the manga is waaaay better than this. I had high hopes for it since I read the manga (although he's still retarded at times) and now feel so disappointed. On the other hand, I enjoyed the music!
Sweet Snap? I agree. Though it has many unnecessary panty shot and Kazuya was way too wimp for most the story isn't very pleasant to watch, even if the latter is not the mangaka's fault since he does act like that on Haruka route on the game. It's quite different with how he acts on Rina arc.

Quote:
Yuzuki N' does Photo Kano Sweet Snap.

Ch 1-13 is Haruka arc, ch 14 is one-shot special focusing on Narita Ruu (the other Photo Club member who clings to Katsumi, the club leader), ch 15 onward is Yunoki Rina arc.

Quote:
Why? Which is the appropriate thread
The manga thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110581
Old 2013-05-06, 11:51   Link #305
4Tran

Episode 5

To this show's credit, they decided to completely change the tone of this episode. In a way, this is good because the opening episodes were sort of bad, and shaking up the story can do good things. However, it doesn't really work all that well here because the tonal shift is too large, and the transition is poorly handled. The greater sin though is that this episode is really boring. It needs the viewer to be completely invested in both the romance and the drama portions. However, both of these feel very flat to me because Kazuya and Haruka barely interact - and what interaction they have is either handled in the flashbacks, or as a way to avoid communicating with each other.

As a result, I don't give a damn about either of them, and there's nothing else in the episode to watch. To top it off, the storytelling is ridiculously transparent: every conversation in this episode is about Kazuya and Haruka - either gossip or people talking to Haruka about Kazuya or people talking to Kazuya about Haruka and so on. It's a shame too since this episode had some nice directional touches - that scene with Kazuya standing outside Haruka's window is wasted here, but it could have worked in a better show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourIdeas View Post
I actually wouldn't mind this. Tomoe and Hikari haven't had a lot of screen time and as cute as Rina is, she's one of the more generic characters. Only question is whether they'll go for omnibus format ala Amagami SS, or if they'll go down the harem/no progress route.
There's no way for the creators to sustain this kind of drama, and it wouldn't work to move it to the back burner, so the chances are high that there's going to be some story resetting going on. I think that it's a terrible idea, but it's the least bad one left.
Old 2013-05-09, 20:39   Link #306
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Chapter 6 screenshots
http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51944859.html

Looks like it's going to be omnibus after all
Spoiler for Next episode screenshot?:
Old 2013-05-09, 22:45   Link #307
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Welp, omnibus. How do I hate thee....

Only really looking forward to Softball Shoujo and Seito Kaichou, now that Haruka route is done. Guess I'll be skipping the next 2 episodes then.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 23:35   Link #308
csuree
The Most Hated™

Well we need to look at every girl. you know about VN originated animes, the problem is they only stick to 1 route, and never truly explore the rest.
With an omnibus style they do explore them and that is why it is so captivating...they might be short but it is acceptable. Amagami SS was the same and i liked it.
Can't w8 for the other arcs too.
Old 2013-05-09, 23:59   Link #309
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

While I'm glad the series is actually trying to now be what I feel it should've been from the start, because of the first four episodes, it just...doesn't feel right...it feels really forced at this point, so doesn't really feel completely sincere because of lack of actual development. It's not SO bad when I look at this and the last episode all by themselves, but knowing it's connected to the first four episodes, it just leaves a bad aftertaste.

And I still have a problem with how Kazuya's "interest in photography" never goes beyond the girls and is never actually explored or developed into anything meaningful, even on the side, so it makes his "interest" feel really half-hearted/insincere and practically just an excuse to take (semi-)ecchi photos of the girls. Makes me wish he joined the Photo Club instead, had a single relationship with Sanehara or Kurebayashi, and actually take his interest somewhere, and he'd have Sanehara/Kurebayashi and the rest of the Photo Club helping him along the way.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 01:53   Link #310
YourIdeas

Episode 6 ends Haruka's arc and overall, only counting episode 5 and 6, I can now see why this could be the spiritual successor to Amagami. The connection between Kazuya and Haruka is sweet and I liked the little twist they presented in the final flash back, giving greater perspective to their relationship. (but it was weird, because they're professing their love for each other twice.....maybe they were more innocent as children and didn't quite understand what they meant, but it still came off as weird, especially since Haruka took it more seriously) This arc really could've used three episodes but for what it was, it was alright.

Sad to say, the first third of this series is a real obstacle to clear and paints Kazuya in a terrible light. Because the series is only 12 episodes long, the remaining 6 girls will likely each only get a single episode each, which imho, isn't enough time to properly develop some of the more interesting girls. Based off the OP, every girl being in a swimsuit, likely on a beach, is pretty much 100% certain. Had 4 episodes not been wasted on introductions, this series could've been much more, even on its obviously lower budget.

Next week comes Hikari. The order is rather weird, but I suppose they're just going to run with their common interest in photography and then they'll kiss within 20 minutes.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 09:42   Link #311
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The series has gotten a lot better ever since the individual arcs have started. The latest episode was highly enjoyable. A very sweet romance between two chilhood friends. I think it's going to be hard to top this one. Haruka really feels like the main girl so they should have saved this arc for last.

The first four episodes feel even more like a completely waste of time now. The show should have been that way from the start. Each girl would have gotten two episodes. It's such a shame they wasted so much time on this terrible introduction.
Old 2013-05-10, 09:56   Link #312
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Normal Maeda that is straight forward with Niimi >>>>>>>>>> his pervert self. No contest. The show is much better this way.
Humble Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 12:40   Link #313
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

It's great that they are using omnibus format. At least I will be entertained by different plots, and that is good. I can also skip the ones I think are boring without missing anything.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:04   Link #314
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Blargh. What exactly was Maeda's problem in that beach scene? And what kind of drama relies on him to touch a girl's breast for character development? And it was just such a complete throw in out of nowhere as well. I don't even understand the point the of that. And the chemistry between Maeda and Niimi seems so terribly forced. At least they actually finally explain why Niimi likes him so much although is also means I've come to the conclusion that kid-Maeda is a way better character than grown up Maeda. And it's just hilarious that this show can, with a straight face, say that telling a girl that a bunch of weirdos have been taking so many secret photos of her the whole time can lead to a good outcome.

A terribly average conclusion and confirmation of the omnibus format means no more Niimi and no chance of a decent actually developed romance. Boo hiss. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 20:22   Link #315
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
It's great that they are using omnibus format. At least I will be entertained by different plots, and that is good. I can also skip the ones I think are boring without missing anything.
Omnibus format is only "great" if theres enough time to cover that much content.

With the studio wasting the first 3-4 episodes out of a one-cour season on tasteless ecchi fanservice, this show doesn't have the time to cover everything. Everything will just come off as horribly rushed and forced like Haruka's route is.
Old 2013-05-10, 20:25   Link #316
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And that's why Amagami SS went two-cour. Able to dedicate 4 episodes to each girl (plus 1 extra each for Risa and Miya.) Only after all the development was done was Amagami SS+ then able to shorten it to merely 2 episodes per turn.

If Amagami SS merely went one-cour, I'd see it having a much more difficult time being as good as it turned out.
Old 2013-05-10, 20:33   Link #317
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
And that's why Amagami SS went two-cour. Able to dedicate 4 episodes to each girl (plus 1 extra each for Risa and Miya.) Only after all the development was done was Amagami SS+ then able to shorten it to merely 2 episodes per turn.

If Amagami SS merely went one-cour, I'd see it having a much more difficult time being as good as it turned out.
Of course. Amagami isn't the problem.

The question is why this studio would attempt an omnibus format not only with one-cour, but only a fraction of one-cour because they wasted the first three to four episodes on shameless fanservice with no progress.
Old 2013-05-10, 20:34   Link #318
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Feels like some cheap way to try to cash in the success of Amagami SS, but just with another dating sim-style game.
Old 2013-05-10, 23:47   Link #319
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

To be honest, I wouldn't say the first four episodes were a complete waste of time. Seeing how Maeda interacted to each girl differently, it seems to me that the first 4 episodes were hinting on which buttons to press to get each girl (though that was jarring since his character didn't seem consistent).
I get the feeling the most memorable girl (for better or worst) will probably be Student Council President and be about dominating her
Who knows, if we're lucky (or unlucky) there will be some S&M (lol)?

Anyway, regarding this episode (and the previous), I thought it was really sweet once you cut out anything to do with photography, and the tacky "touch my chest!" scene.
Quadratic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 01:07   Link #320
kobester11

Great series so far! I'm loving the BGM of this! I think this series is pretty underrated...
That's what you get for having the 3 episode rule, which is totally BS.

I think the director's having a hard time with this ^^; I mean the purpose of the first 3 episodes is to establish the characters right? Their problems and etc... What I don't get is why did he do 2 episodes for the haruka arc? Not that I'm against it, but because of that there's not enough episodes for the other girls. It's kinda awful and pitiful if he does 1 girl in one episode, that would end up being unrealistic and rushed...

But for now, let's see that happens XD
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, romance